OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

Oddly enough, the my quo board will boot the SSD with the high Sierra installation on it now. The login screen appears and I’m able to login and it appears to be functional.

Booting the drive on a MacBook Pro must have done something....

26 minutes ago, dwdrummer0 said:

I was able to upgrade to 10.13.4! 

For those having Legacy Shim panics, Its a bad kext. In my case, it was in S/L/E.  

How were you able to fix it?

7 hours ago, Casm101 said:

Awesome, thanks dwdrummer0

Make sure you have a backup (time machine) of everything before you start this. 

So what I did was create a fresh install of 10.13.4 on my Macbook Pro, made a carbon copy clone of that partition then moved it over to a new partition on my hackintosh. Doing this bypasses APFS conversion. So now I have a fresh install of 10.13.4 along with my main 10.13.3 drive (2 partitions). If 10.13.4 doesn't boot then you have problems that I cannot fix. Now do the combo update of 10.13.4 from 10.13.4 and choose your 10.13.3 drive, update that drive. Then make sure you update both partitions with the 10.13.4 security update.  Boot back into fresh install of 10.13.4. Now download EasyKext Pro.  Go to your main volume and go to S/L/E, delete everything from there. Open EasyKext Pro and hit the advanced tab. Make sure your installing everything to S/L/E, make sure everything is checked then choose as target your main partition where you deleted S/L/E. then go to S/L/E from fresh install and drag all kext's into EasyKext Pro and install. 

This is what worked for me.

Edited by dwdrummer0

On 5/10/2018 at 11:37 PM, dwdrummer0 said:

This is what worked for me.

It is a "slightly" :surprised: more complicated than hoped it would be... Im going to have to borrow a friends MacBook again...

Thanks for the fix guide dwdrummer0! :D

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

By the way, I'm about to buy a Radeon RX 580, but it would be ideal to know if I'm going to have any compatibility issues or not, does anyone know? ;)

Edited by Casm101

It is a "slightly" :surprised: more complicated than hoped it would be... Im going to have to borrow a friends MacBook again...

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

By the way, I'm about to buy a Radeon RX 580, but it would be ideal to know if I'm going to have any compatibility issues or not, does anyone know? ;)

IF you can get another partition up with Sierra, these kexts should work for you to xfer over to your main partition. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p7WjJmhFtINVnS7iju32QOZOT5G5A-QJ/view?usp=sharing

To my knowledge, the RX 580 should be no problem. Actually, Radeon cards are much better performance wise compared to Nvidia (IN MACOSX) and more compatible. 

• Thanks 1

ALSO remember these kext are for the 10.13.4 update WITH Security update. They will not work if you just update to 10.13.4.

EDIT: and please, do a backup before you do any of these steps :)

Edited by dwdrummer0

Hello guys i try to read last 50 pages and still i dont get it.

Can someome place a video with step by step guide for fresh installation of sierra?  

pref with new gtx 10x0 line. 

8 hours ago, bezna said:

Can someome place a video with step by step guide for fresh installation of sierra?  

pref with new gtx 10x0 line. 

Please create a signature detailing your build.

To install Sierra (not HIgh Sierra)

1) Flash ROM

2) Put Defaults.plist in /Efi/Oz

3) Clear NVRAM (Command-Option-P-R)

3) Install Sierra

4) Install Nvidia Web drivers

Edited by IronManJFF

9 hours ago, bezna said:

Hi @bezna, it really is as straight forward as IronManJFF puts in in his post, just remember to use the right BIOS rom, which IronMan has Kindly uploaded with the included APFS files, make sure your main drive is connected to the first SATA port  (not completely necessary, but does help a lot), and ALWAYS REMEMBER to clear nvram after making changes to the Defaults.plist file.

Please update you build description so we can help you further if you ever need help with anything more complex.

Edited by Casm101

hi @Casm101  @Kynyo

Oh lord im sorry u dont know my spec ;D ive add it to my info page.  

]

Mobo: Z77MX-QUO-AOS  

Bios: H2N.1510262225    

CPU: 3,5 Ghz Intel Core i7 3770K  (bosted to 3.9Ghz)  

GPU: GeForce GTX 650 1gb   

Storage:  Samsung evo ssd 500gb+ ssd 240gb + Hdd 2x WD red 2tb raid + 1x WD 1TB + WD 500gb (MacOS EL Capitan 10.11)  

RAM: 16 GB 1600 MHz  

Display: 2x Eizo cx240

the thing is when i try to upgrade EL capitan i had black screen or apple logo freez.

what is the strongest geforce GTX working with my machine? i need something strong for video edition.

@IronManJFF

To install Sierra (not HIgh Sierra)

1) Flash ROM

i have no idea how to do this but i figure i can find something on yt. 

2) Put Defaults.plist in /Efi/Oz

no idea how to do this. Can u link yt video for it plz?

3) Clear NVRAM (Command-Option-P-R)

does it work on hackintosh? 

3) Install Sierra

ok

4) Install Nvidia Web drivers

ok

can u tell me how to set bios setting to ? Thanks you so much!

1.thumb.jpg.95da31bf1532ab56bff711776b48acd0.jpg2.thumb.jpg.527d556c15a98c3b7bbaee0a74b98177.jpg3.thumb.jpg.ce2faf06595bdf1ee9e9ef9a5ff966af.jpg4.thumb.jpg.e1f0cd87f8d75f4e3be638b91d1aa2d3.jpg5.thumb.jpg.fb4ddc823589dd0e0ac30b0311110420.jpg6.thumb.jpg.ddaca4d855dcaf900ad8595e65db0ff2.jpg

The H2N firmware does not natively boot OS X.

If you have a El Capitan installed and working on it, it was not done the way it was meant to be for this board.

Did you installed it yourself ?

Edited by IronManJFF

GTX10x will work, dont worry

There are no guide because basically after you flashed the firmware and with the proper Defaults.plist, you just install it like a real Mac.

So , you have a El Capitan that you want to upgrade ... 

Is it working ? or just installed ?

plz tell me how you did install it ... Clover ? Multi-B.... ? some other way .. we might have to clear some left-overs that will bite you in the butt...

If it is installed and working, what does it believe itself to be  (About this Mac) ?

All these other drives beside the WD 500 (El Capitan) .. what are they for ?

@IronManJFF

Everything is working on El Capitan i have no issues what so ever. 

well as far as i remember i just install it from dvd snow leopard? (got dvd from apple store) and then upgraded it till el capitan via appstore.

Hal500 is my main ssd with Osx Instaled.

2nd ssd 240gb

2x WD 2tb done on raid mode via osx software. 

1x wd 1 tb just for junk stuff 

actually i have 16gb ram not 24gb as shown in system info. and gtx is 1gb

899576833_ScreenShot2018-05-15at00_05_34.png.6abc53d1e5c8a3252bb694d3533d9a35.png

i can do fresh instal just dont know the path. You are very helpfull 

Edited by bezna

is there a way like

1 flashing bios

2 instaling fresh osx snow lepard from dvd

3 flash bios again different one 

4 upgrade 

5 upgrade 

6 flash bios again with suitable bios for sierra ect

to be honest this post has 146 pages and i believe there is no clear step by step guide how to do this. You seems to have knowledge in this matter and perhaps u can spend some time writing guide for noobs like me in another thread. ?

2 minutes ago, bezna said:

is there a way like

1 flashing bios

2 instaling fresh osx snow lepard from dvd

3 flash bios again different one 

4 upgrade 

5 upgrade 

6 flash bios again with suitable bios for sierra ect

to be honest this post has 146 pages and i believe there is no clear step by step guide how to do this. You seems to have knowledge in this matter and perhaps u can spend some time writing guide for noobs like me in another thread. ?

Why not just upgrade to High Sierra?