OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

You need a valid Defaults.plist in /Oz/Efi (don't forget to reset nvram after you place the file)

I had placed a Defaults.plist file in Oz, but I created it completely in clover (plus I made the Efi directories by hand as the Efi partition was empty).

I realised this wasn't the way to do it, so I wiped the USB, remade the installer, prepared the Defaults.plist from the template on the forum.... And no dice....

I plug in my USB Installer, so that the Efi folders are created, but they aren't, I've changed USB ports (both on case and on the back of the board), am I missing something?

Please create a proper signature with your build details.

And sorry about that, I forgot to change it.... :worried_anim:

@ammoune78, @IronManJFF: You guys are fantastic. Thank you soooo much for your help. As IronMan guessed, I did not include APFS into the firmware as I assumed this "bcfg driver add" command does the same. Guess what – it did not. The firmware IronMan posted also didn't load. It looks like APFS is missing in there too. But I made myself a new firmware including APFS. I had to remove OzmosisTheme to get the needed space but it worked out perfectly.

Somehow my APFS partition got corrupted multiple times. It's probably a wiese devision to stay at Sierra for the time being. But hey, my High-Sierra is working (for now).

Thanks again… and happy new year everyone!

The firmware IronMan posted also didn't load. It looks like APFS is missing in there too. But I made myself a new firmware including APFS.

If what you say is right, it may be the reason why I can’t boot my installer, could you possibly share the firmware you made?

If what you say is right, it may be the reason why I can’t boot my installer, could you possibly share the firmware you made?

Sorry Casm101, I've already put away my Windows box and I will not give away the firmware with the serial number I use. But it's actually quite easy to include APFS.ffs.

First, get the tools to modify the firmware (see #3494) and replace Ozmosis.ffs with the one provided by ammoune78. Now take APFS.efi (from /usr/standalone/i386/) and use KexttoFfs to convert it to an ffs file. This APFS.ffs has to fit into the firmware. I've removed the Ozmosis…Theme to make space for it. Make sure you add APFS.ffs somewhere at the beginning of the firmware file where the other filesystems are too. Nut sure if this matters, nut it feels right :).

Good luck! And don't forget, the USB2 ports will not work (I've spent some time because of this…). Also make sure you include valid serial numbers into the firmware or in the EFI partition.

Good luck! And don't forget, the USB2 ports will not work (I've spent some time because of this…). Also make sure you include valid serial numbers into the firmware or in the EFI partition.

Let me guess, you are using a iMac14 SysDef, switch to iMac13,2

But it's actually quite easy to include APFS.ffs.

Ok, so I've had a bit of free time to have a look... And I think we differ on the definition of "easy".  :yes: But alas, I'm going to give it a go tonight and I'll post my results in the morning. (I am truly scared of wrecking my QUO board XD). And thank you for the tip!!

I just tried it myself by moving my test drive internally, conversion to APFS and install was done but true true it does not boot from the APFS drive.. guess  will have to rework that ROM image.

Thank you IronManJFF, if mine doesn't work out, (it probably won't), it'd be great if you could give a hand with the ROM.

In my case, I can't boot with AFPS partition, only HFS+ partition are seen.

I can get it to recognise the HFS+ too... :angel_not:

OK I had wrong the wrong apfs.efi

This one works and i have tested it (Clean install from USB to APFS formatted drive) this time, you still need a valid Defaults.plist file (post #3480 for template)

QUO High Sierra APFS

@tht00 I did not have to remove anything to make it fit. You probably also updated smcemulator.kext.

Hello everyone,

I wish you all a happy new year 2018 ^^. :star_smile: :star_smile: :star_smile:

After a difficult awakening :bag: , I decide :geek:  to try your new IronManJFF ROM (thanks for this quick release) :superman:

I tried to try this new ROM this morning.

super I can install HS on an AFPS partition.

1st: I boot from the USB installer, then I install HS on the only SSD I connected.

2nd: Restart the computer with SSD (Boot Manager Check OK), then start the installation of HS.

3rd: Restart the computer ((verify the boot manager OK) to finish the installation I am now on the HS finder I check the partition type OK it is AFPS.

4th: Manual restart (checking of the boot manager NOK :dev:) now I do not see the AFPS partition at boot manager.

So for now I will stay with 10.13.2 HFS +.

Any idea :idea:  :help:  ?

Hello everyone,

I wish you all a happy new year 2018 ^^. :star_smile: :star_smile: :star_smile:

After a difficult awakening :bag: , I decide :geek:  to try your new IronManJFF ROM (thanks for this quick release) :superman:

I tried to try this new ROM this morning.

super I can install HS on an AFPS partition.

1st: I boot from the USB installer, then I install HS on the only SSD I connected.

2nd: Restart the computer with SSD (Boot Manager Check OK), then start the installation of HS.

3rd: Restart the computer ((verify the boot manager OK) to finish the installation I am now on the HS finder I check the partition type OK it is AFPS.

4th: Manual restart (checking of the boot manager NOK :dev:) now I do not see the AFPS partition at boot manager.

So for now I will stay with 10.13.2 HFS +.

Any idea :idea:  :help:  ?

Same problem here....

Sorry but.. as you are a genius i am not... let me know! 

If you already have High Sierra working Ozmosis to let you boot, do register the APFS file that you have to put on /Efi/APFS.efi

Restart your hack @ the Boot screen use shell from F12 and type:

Note: assuming that your boot drive will be the first bootable as Disk0s1 then use fs0: and press enter after each line

fs0:

cd  Efi

bcfg driver add 1 APFS.efi "APFS"

You're done, but after any NVRAM reset you do have to register it again, and don't tell me that you reset it every day  :D  ;)

If you already have High Sierra working Ozmosis to let you boot, do register the APFS file that you have to put on /Efi/APFS.efi

Restart your hack @ the Boot screen use shell from F12 and type:

Note: assuming that your boot drive will be the first bootable as Disk0s1 then use fs0: and press enter after each line

fs0:

cd  Efi

bcfg driver add 1 APFS.efi "APFS"

You're done, but after any NVRAM reset you do have to register it again, and don't tell me that you reset it every day  :D  ;)

Fine! Thanks!

OK, here we go....

I downloaded the latest ROM with APFS from IronManJFF (Thank you... Again!  :thumbsup_anim: )    GOOD

I then flashed the ROM to my MB    GOOD

I created HS installers on both USB 2. and 3.0 drives (just in case).    GOOD

I plugged them in (one on one boot, then replaced by the other on different boot), in both USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports, but it doesn't create the Efi dir on either.    BAD

I then copied the Efi dir from the SSD from which I'm attempting to install on (This does have the folders naturally) to both USBs.    MEH

I place the Defaults.plist file into the Oz dir (created from the template).    GOOD

I then Attempt to boot the installers (separately on different tries), and instead of getting the prohibited sign, I get a black screen for a few seconds, the my machine automatically shuts down.    IMPROVEMENT?¿

I sincerely don´t know what else to try...  :( Any help would be appreciated...!  :yes:  

EDIT:

Here is a copy of the Defaults file I am using in case it helps....

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Version</key>
<string>1.0.1</string>
<key>Date</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>Defaults:4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102</key>
<dict>
<key>BiosDate</key>
<string>08/08/2017</string>
<key>BiosVersion</key>
<string>IM131.88Z.010F.B00.1708080805</string>
<key>FirmwareFeatures</key>
<integer>3759006007</integer>
<key>FirmwareFeaturesMask</key>
<integer>4280287039</integer>
<key>ProductId</key>
<string>Mac-FC02E91DDD3FA6A4</string>
<key>ProductFamily</key>
<string>iMac</string>
<key>ProductName</key>
<string>iMac13,2</string>
<key>SystemSerial</key>
<string>C02LW4PYDNCW</string>
<key>BaseBoardSerial</key>
<string>C02LW4PYDNCW89462</string>
</dict>
<key>Defaults:7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82</key>
<dict>
<key>boot-args</key>
<string>-v nvda_drv=1</string>
<key>csr-active-config</key>
<integer>103</integer>
</dict>
<key>Defaults:1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101</key>
<dict>
<key>DisableNvidiaInjection</key>
<true/>
<key>BootEntryTemplate</key>
<string>$label</string>
<key>DarwinDiskTemplate</key>
<string>$label $platform.$major.$minor</string>
<key>DarwinRecoveryDiskTemplate</key>
<string>$label $platform.$major.$minor</string>
</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

Do you have a Nvidia card ?

Oh my god.... I completely forgot to change the "DisableNividiaInjection" to YES.... I tried it first thing this morning, and it booted into the installer, I also tried on an old HDD with Yosemite, and it booted perfectly... Thank you so much, I spent hours last night raging, and asking my self what I was doing wrong.

Tonight, I will install, as I didn't have a chance this morning.

PS: I would much rather have my machine identify as a one of the latest Mac Pros, is it as easy as changing the Defaults.plist file to refletc that? Or does it have to be an iMac13,2 for any specific reason?? (Such as compatibility or CPU support....)

Thank you again IronManJFF!!  :w00t:

To have it identify as a new MacPro, you have to update smcemulator in the ROM image, update Defaults.plist with model information and corresponding values for FirmwareFeatures and FirmwareFeaturesMask... Still after that you might run into USB problems. I would stick to iMac13,2 or MacMini6,2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok, I think I might leave that for a future date, once Ive had a chance to learn how to use the ROM tools.

And last thing I would like to ask (hopefully  :yes: ), is if someone could share a copy of the APFS.efi file so I can copy it to my Efi dir, on my boot drive, I have downloaded one and attempted to use it, (by copying it, then using the [bcfg driver add 1 APFS.efi "APFS"] command) but my drive still doesn't list in the F12 menu, nor in BIOS...

And thanks again!