OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I have a QUO Motherboard running Mac OS 10.12 (installed via a mr. tony86), and I want to upgrade to High Sierra, the vanilla way, can anyone give me hand?

I am not great in the whole Hackintosh scene, so I would appreciate the help  :)

Did you change bios version and date, too?

<key>BiosDate</key>
<string>08/08/2017</string>
<key>BiosVersion</key>
<string>IM132.88Z.010F.B00.1708080805</string>
<key>FirmwareFeatures</key>
<integer>0xE00FE137</integer>
<key>FirmwareFeaturesMask</key>
<integer>0xFF1FFF3F</integer>
<key>FirmwareRevision</key>
<integer>0x0001000A</integer>

No joy with getting past the firmware error. I can do a clean install and use the Migration wizard, so no great problem. I'll wait for 10.13.2 Final and see if that will update the 10.13.1 clean install. As It's my main system, I'd prefer not to take too many chances and prefer to stay with the iMac 13,1 and serial no setup I have.

Thanks for everyone's help.

No joy with getting past the firmware error. I can do a clean install and use the Migration wizard, so no great problem. I'll wait for 10.13.2 Final and see if that will update the 10.13.1 clean install. As It's my main system, I'd prefer not to take too many chances and prefer to stay with the iMac 13,1 and serial no setup I have.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Here ... just put in a valid serial for iMac 13,2

Defaults.plist Template.zip

• Like 2

Hi all, great work keeping this lovely board going!

I am using the specs in sig and this defaults.plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>Version</key>
    <string>1.0.1</string>
    <key>Date</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    <key>Defaults:4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102</key>
    <dict>
        <key>BiosDate</key>
        <key>BiosVersion</key>
        <string>IM131.88Z.010F.B00.1708080805</string>
        <integer>3759006007</integer>
        <integer>4280287039</integer>
        <key>ProductId</key>
        <string>Mac-FC02E91DDD3FA6A4</string>
        <key>ProductFamily</key>
        <string>iMac</string>
        <key>ProductName</key>
        <string>iMac13,2</string>
        <key>SystemVersion</key>
        <string>1.0</string>
        <key>FirmwareVendor</key>
        <string>Apple</string>
        <key>ChassisAssetTag</key>
        <string>iMac-Aluminum</string>
        <key>SystemSerial</key>
        <string>XXXXXXXXXXXXX</string>
        <key>BaseBoardSerial</key>
        <string>XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX</string>
        <key>SystemSKU</key>
        <string>MD095LL/A</string>
        <key>HardwareAddress</key>
        <string>XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX</string>
        <key>ProcessorSerial</key>
        <string>XXXXXXXXXXXX</string>
        <key>platform-uuid</key>
        <string>XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXXX</string>
        <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
        <string>0x01660004</string>
    </dict>
    <key>Defaults:7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82</key>
    <dict>
        <key>boot-args</key>
        <string>-v kext-dev-mode=1</string>
        <key>csr-active-config</key>
        <integer>103</integer>
    </dict>
    <key>Defaults:1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101</key>
    <dict>
        <key>DisableNvidiaInjection</key>
        <true/>
        <key>BootEntryTemplate</key>
        <string>$label</string>
        <key>DarwinDiskTemplate</key>
        <string>$label $platform.$major.$minor</string>
        <key>DarwinRecoveryDiskTemplate</key>
    </dict>
</dict>
</plist>

I created a test disk and ran the HS update, it resulted in:

kexd stall[0], (240s): 'AppleACPICPU'

What more changes do I need to do to update from Siserra to High Sierra?

Hi all, great work keeping this lovely board going!

I am using the specs in sig and this defaults.plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>Version</key>
    <string>1.0.1</string>
    <key>Date</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    <key>Defaults:4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102</key>
    <dict>
        <key>BiosDate</key>
        <key>BiosVersion</key>
        <string>IM131.88Z.010F.B00.1708080805</string>
        <integer>3759006007</integer>
        <integer>4280287039</integer>
        <key>ProductId</key>
        <string>Mac-FC02E91DDD3FA6A4</string>
        <key>ProductFamily</key>
        <string>iMac</string>
        <key>ProductName</key>
        <string>iMac13,2</string>
        <key>SystemVersion</key>
        <string>1.0</string>
        <key>FirmwareVendor</key>
        <string>Apple</string>
        <key>ChassisAssetTag</key>
        <string>iMac-Aluminum</string>
        <key>SystemSerial</key>
        <string>XXXXXXXXXXXXX</string>
        <key>BaseBoardSerial</key>
        <string>XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX</string>
        <key>SystemSKU</key>
        <string>MD095LL/A</string>
        <key>HardwareAddress</key>
        <string>XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX</string>
        <key>ProcessorSerial</key>
        <string>XXXXXXXXXXXX</string>
        <key>platform-uuid</key>
        <string>XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXXX</string>
        <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
        <string>0x01660004</string>
    </dict>
    <key>Defaults:7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82</key>
    <dict>
        <key>boot-args</key>
        <string>-v kext-dev-mode=1</string>
        <key>csr-active-config</key>
        <integer>103</integer>
    </dict>
    <key>Defaults:1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101</key>
    <dict>
        <key>DisableNvidiaInjection</key>
        <true/>
        <key>BootEntryTemplate</key>
        <string>$label</string>
        <key>DarwinDiskTemplate</key>
        <key>DarwinRecoveryDiskTemplate</key>
    </dict>
</dict>
</plist>

I created a test disk and ran the HS update, it resulted in:

kexd stall[0], (240s): 'AppleACPICPU'

What more changes do I need to do to update from Siserra to High Sierra?

The first is Ozmosis to let you boot to HS:

Ozmosis.ffs.zip

While you use SSD, the Disk will be formatted as APFS automatically, so register the APFS file that you have to put on the EFI/Efi/APFS.efi => SSD not usb after the install procedure is done

Put USB InstallMedia out

Restart

@ the Boot screen use shell from F12 and type:

Note: assuming that your SSD will be the first bootable Disk0s1 then use fs0: and press enter after each line

fs0: 

cd  Efi

bcfg driver add 1 APFS.efi "APFS"

You're done

• Like 2

@ niXta  This website is called: INSANELYMAC , and it's true, one of the most! I just used what it was used by cecekpawon the MAN.

You can follow this Topic and Ozmosis Topic, if any update will be made you can know it ^_^  .

Edited by ammoune78

@ niXta I thought my two qou mobos where the only ones that ended up in Sweden.

At the moment and since about a year back one of my two mobos is broken though. Probably the bioschip need replacing so Ill try that when I get the time.

Haha, I always wondered if anyone else had a quo in Sweden, I've been running mine since launch, it and OZ has been awesome

Lycka till med att flasha/byta bios'et, håller tummarna!

I can only boot my HS APFS SSD system by using the shell. Is there something I'm missing, or was it a mistake to go with APFS? I have a couple of other disks - one has my backup system, which is currently 10.12.6 (non-SSD) and is the one that shows up, plus another UEFI W7 disk (SSD). Selecting the HS system in Startup Disk adds an entry on the restart, but it still boots the 10.12.6 system even when I choose the 10.13.1 system.

OK! 3rd time lucky. I changed the Startup Drive again and it worked this time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Guys, I'm completely lost here  :( . I've had a working El Capitan installation (Ozmosis, Mac Pro profile) on my Quo Board for years. It worked quite good except for some random audio and USB issues.

A few days ago I tried to upgrade to Sierra as El Capitan was getting a bit old. I've read through the last 50 or so pages here and tried it for about 20 hours but I have to admit that I'm not able to make it work.

First I've installed this firmware Z77MXQUOAOS.H2O.167X-MASS-SIERRA.ROM and did a "load optimized defaults" and reset the NVRAM on the boot selection screen. Next I created a Sierra installation USB stick using the official AppStore version and following the tutorial from the Apple support pages. The stick works fine on my Mac Mini but on the Quo I only get this "prohibited sign". I assume I need to disable SIP to get it booting.

So how do I disable SIP without a recovery partition? I tried to install macOS 10.11.6 but the installer hangs at the Apple logo and I was not able to figure out how to boot the installer into verbose mode. I waited about 2 hours but no progress. I finally took the SSD out of the QUO system, connected it on an external USB-SATA adapter to the MacMini and installed 10.11.6 this way.

Bringing back the SSD to the Quo got me a system which boots into save mode (but not verbose mode or normal mode). Also the recovery partition crashes while booting (Process 1 exec of /sbin/Launchd failed, errno 2).

Looking around here it "feels" as it should be way easier. What am I doing wrong? Please help me as I'm about ready to throw the Quo board out of the window.

I've also tried the Z77MXQUOAOS.H2O.167X-MASS.SIERRA.MacMini.ROM firmware which seems to work better. But I don't see how this should help. To get my graphic card and all the USB ports working I will probably need to get an iMac profile. Switching to a new profile most likely needs an NVRAM reset which enables SIP again and prevents booting. It feels like a chicken and egg kind of a problem. 

What do you recommend? Is there a step-for-step tutorial somewhere?

Guys, I'm completely lost here  :( . I've had a working El Capitan installation (Ozmosis, Mac Pro profile) on my Quo Board for years. It worked quite good except for some random audio and USB issues.

A few days ago I tried to upgrade to Sierra as El Capitan was getting a bit old. I've read through the last 50 or so pages here and tried it for about 20 hours but I have to admit that I'm not able to make it work.

First I've installed this firmware Z77MXQUOAOS.H2O.167X-MASS-SIERRA.ROM and did a "load optimized defaults" and reset the NVRAM on the boot selection screen. Next I created a Sierra installation USB stick using the official AppStore version and following the tutorial from the Apple support pages. The stick works fine on my Mac Mini but on the Quo I only get this "prohibited sign". I assume I need to disable SIP to get it booting.

So how do I disable SIP without a recovery partition? I tried to install macOS 10.11.6 but the installer hangs at the Apple logo and I was not able to figure out how to boot the installer into verbose mode. I waited about 2 hours but no progress. I finally took the SSD out of the QUO system, connected it on an external USB-SATA adapter to the MacMini and installed 10.11.6 this way.

Bringing back the SSD to the Quo got me a system which boots into save mode (but not verbose mode or normal mode). Also the recovery partition crashes while booting (Process 1 exec of /sbin/Launchd failed, errno 2).

Looking around here it "feels" as it should be way easier. What am I doing wrong? Please help me as I'm about ready to throw the Quo board out of the window.

I've also tried the Z77MXQUOAOS.H2O.167X-MASS.SIERRA.MacMini.ROM firmware which seems to work better. But I don't see how this should help. To get my graphic card and all the USB ports working I will probably need to get an iMac profile. Switching to a new profile most likely needs an NVRAM reset which enables SIP again and prevents booting. It feels like a chicken and egg kind of a problem. 

What do you recommend? Is there a step-for-step tutorial somewhere?

You didn't read what I wrote few days ago  ^_^  :wink_anim:

Go to Ozmosis Topic and download the ROM of QUO the official one, read this my post number: #3484 , follow the instruction to modify you OzmosisDefaults or put it as Defaults.plist on: Efi/Oz/ and modify the plist with PlistEditor Pro or Xcode PlistEditor and generate SMBios with CloverConfigurator, try playing iMac 13,x that mach your hardware config (QUO Hack)!

The steps are officially valid for both macOS's Sierra and HighSierra   ;)

I've seen your post. But there is a big difference between reading and understanding them. I would love to be able to understand them but I don't think I made any kind of progress the last few days. Thank you very much for helping me out.

I've looked through the last pages on the Ozmosis topic but could not find a link to ROM file except for the one you posted called `XMASS-X79UP4.F7`. I don't think that's the one I need. When you're talking about "the official one". Are you referring to H20.167X-MASS?

So I need to find a way to include Ozmosis.ffs into the X-MASS ROM, is this correct? There is probably also a way to modify the OzmosisDefaults when I build my own firmware. So I guess this is the next step – find a way to include this ffs file and modify the OzmosisDefaults. I assume it's easier to go for the defaults as I don't have a bootable macOS installation on this system right now. So no way to edit the Defaults.plist.

My friend, the first page of Ozmosis topic, are attached tools for inserting things into the ROM and the rom itself by xpamamadeus, just need to download it replace the Ozmosis with the one attached to the link i've posted with MMTool, screenshots also attached on Ozmosis topic for using MMTool, and then you just have to make your Ozmosis Defaults from the example i've posted in that same link!

Nothing to understand until you do, just do, the ROM posted by xpamamadeus is Official.

In this topic you'll find at the first post or third the link of QUO-Wiki there also are the ROM same one!

Ooohh... now the pieces start to fit together. I was looking at the wrong end of the Ozmosis topic  :P .

Next try - I got a clean XMASS ROM file and all the other tools from the first page on the Ozmosis topic. Booted up Windows and replaced the Ozmosis.ffs. I think it worked as the reported "source size" did change. I also extracted (and uncompressed) OzmosisDefaults just to have a look.

Back on my MacBook I noticed the extracted OzmosisDefauls does have some gibberish before the correct data. I got rid of it and was able to open it up in Xcode. Do I have to worry about this gibberish?

I've taken the defaults.plist you quoted in the post #3484 and filled in the missing fields. I hope "ProcessorSerial" is not too important as I wasn't able to look it up. I somehow managed to use Kext2Ffs to generate a new OzmosisDefaults.ffs which I also put into my custom ROM.

Flashed the new ROM and it booted a High Sierra Installer – first progress. It feels great  :thumbsup_anim: . Looks like not all USB ports are working. First guess: Only USB 3 ports do work.

I've started a High Sierra installation. It did the first steps and booted into the installer. It will need a few minutes.

Thank you very much ammoune78. I've learned more in the last 4 hours than the days before.

Btw… I haven't looked into generating my own SMBios yet. I assume some hardware will not work because of this. But still, a great start.

Installer finished its job and system rebooted again. As expected the computer was not able to boot into the APFS partition.

I took APFS.efi from my MacBook (/usr/standalone/i386/) and copied it to the EFI partition on the QUO computer. Now I was able to execute "bcfg driver add 1 APFS.efi "APFS"" successfully.

But I'm still not able to boot into my fresh installation. The EFI shell does not "see" the APFS partitions (aka  there is no fsX: label for them). It looks like the firmware simply does not load the additional driver. But I found a way to enforce it. If I start the firmware update tool I see some messages on the screen about the APFS volumes. After that I see a fsX label assigned to the APFS partition where I can manually load boot.efi.

Is there anything I can do to fix that?

DId you imbed APFS into your ROM ?

Oh well.. it is the season for giving they say, here is a ROM for High Sierra with APFS embedded into it (so you dont 'need it in /Oz/EFI

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jfgklr73o28gb86/Z77MXQUO_HS_RELEASE.ROM?dl=0

Once you have the ROM into place, Boot with the High Sierra Installer and Go to Startup Disk to select the drive you want to boot from (the Startup Disk control Panel should bee able to 'see' the APFS drive) . That should do the trick ( I think).

Note : I bypassed APFS conversion on my hack and am still using Sierra as my daily driver.

Hi everyone, I wonder if you could help me.

I decided to start my hackintosh “a-new”, so I wiped my SSD with the Sierra OS (keeping all data safe on a raid).

So I flashed the rom with APFS that IronMan uploaded yesterday. I created a High Sierra install usb. And yet, it won’t boot, all I get is the infamous prohibited sign...