OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

Switching SysDef from iMac13,2 to iMac14,2 disables the USB3 ports on the back panel (On Sierra and HS Sierra DP).

I reverted by bringing back my iMac13,2 Defaults.plist. The ROM file itself doesn't seem to behave differently.

I created this Rom and released it over at hackintosh-forum.de after some users I gave it to before I released it reported success with it. Please be aware that APFS Support is highly experimental at all. It will throw a bunch of debug Messages right after you powered on your Rig and there is no known way to suppress this if the APFS Drivers is integrated into the Rom (loading it from the EFI partition will work kind of but it won't kickstart at all so you have to enter the EFI Shell every boot and start it manual) cecek correct me if I'am wrong...

Would you mind publishing the Defaults.plist you imbedded into this ROM ?

• 2 weeks later...

Would you mind publishing the Defaults.plist you imbedded into this ROM ?

Not Griven but anyway, extracted with MMTool under El Capitan:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Defaults:1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101</key>
	<dict>
		<key>AndroidDiskOptionTemplate</key>
		<string>initrd=$initfs root=UUID=$uuid androidboot.hardware=android_x86 ro SRC=$path</string>
		<key>AndroidDiskTemplate</key>
		<string>$label</string>
		<key>BootEntryTemplate</key>
		<string>$label</string>
		<key>DarwinCoreStorageTemplate</key>
		<string>$label</string>
		<key>DarwinDiskTemplate</key>
		<string>$label</string>
		<key>DarwinRecoveryDiskTemplate</key>
		<string>$label ($platform.$major.$minor)</string>
		<key>LinuxDiskOptionTemplate</key>
		<string>initrd=$initfs root=UUID=$uuid ro</string>
		<key>LinuxDiskTemplate</key>
		<string>$label $build</string>
		<key>LinuxRescueDiskTemplate</key>
		<string>$label Rescue</string>
		<key>LinuxRescueOptionTemplate</key>
		<string>initrd=$initfs root=UUID=$uuid ro</string>
	</dict>
	<key>Defaults:4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102</key>
	<dict>
		<key>BaseBoardAssetTag</key>
		<string>Base Board Asset Tag#</string>
		<key>BaseBoardSerial</key>
		<string>C***************F</string>
		<key>BiosDate</key>
		<string>05/01/2017</string>
		<key>BiosVersion</key>
		<string>IM142.88Z.0118.B46.1705011513</string>
		<key>BoardVersion</key>
		<string>Proto1</string>
		<key>ChassisAssetTag</key>
		<string>Asset Tag#</string>
		<key>EnclosureType</key>
		<integer>7</integer>
		<key>FirmwareFeatures</key>
		<integer>3758612791</integer>
		<key>FirmwareFeaturesMask</key>
		<integer>4280287039</integer>
		<key>FirmwareRevision</key>
		<integer>65546</integer>
		<key>FirmwareVendor</key>
		<string>Apple</string>
		<key>Manufacturer</key>
		<string>Apple Inc.</string>
		<key>ProcessorSerial</key>
		<string>C**********C</string>
		<key>ProductFamily</key>
		<string>iMac</string>
		<key>ProductId</key>
		<string>Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61</string>
		<key>ProductName</key>
		<string>iMac14,2</string>
		<key>SystemSKU</key>
		<string>System SKU#</string>
		<key>SystemSerial</key>
		<string>C**********C</string>
		<key>SystemVersion</key>
		<string>1.0</string>
	</dict>
	<key>Defaults:7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82</key>
	<dict>
		<key>boot-args</key>
		<string>darkwake=0</string>
		<key>csr-active-config</key>
		<integer>127</integer>
	</dict>
	<key>Timestamp</key>
	<integer>0</integer>
	<key>Version</key>
	<string>1.0.1</string>
</dict>
</plist>

All serials hidden, you can generate valid ones with Clover Configurator...

Curious to know however where is the APFS module inside the ROM Griven?

Thanks,

Patrice

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

It seems my Quo Motherboard had a hardware failure as it doesn't see any PCI graphic card anymore.

I tried a different graphic card, a different PSU, all PCI ports, I went back to the original bios and started under windows and it still doesn't see the graphic card either. So I think there must be a hardware failure (yet the graphic card does light up and the fan fan works...).

I was wondering if any of you have a board that you would be willing to sell? I really need to continue using that exact same setup.

Thanks

Ok so I did a test with yet an older graphic card (GTX690) and this one actually comes up when I plug it on the first PCI port, the second one doesn't and yet that's where I used to plug the GTX 1080.

So I gave it a few more trials at getting the 1080 to work again in that first PCI slot. But still no luck.

I noticed the fans on the 1080 stop after a couple of minutes, while windows has fully started.

I'm not sure if it's because the card sees it's not being used and it goes to power saving mode. But I was wondering if this might have to do with the PSU not delivering enough juice. Yet the GTx690 is using the exact same connectors and it works fine.

So really I'm a bit clueless here. Any help is welcome.

The GTX 1080 fans will not run unless the card goes above 65

Which version of Windows ? On OS X, you will need Sierra to get supported drivers for GTX 1080.

See if you can have the card tested by a friend cause if the GTX 690 works i don't see why the GTX 1080 would fail. Whatever can power a GTX 690 should be sufficient to power the 1080

Oh I fully agree with you. This is very strange and I did manage to get the 1080 work on another computer so it's really not the 1080 at fault here.

I'm running Windows10 on the Quo right now so there is no reason why it wouldn't see the 1080 while it does see the 690. The only thing I can think of is power consumption? The PSU not delivering enough juice or just a hardware failure of my Quo board (but then again why would the 690 work...)

And I also borrowed another 1080 card just to try and it wouldn't work either in Windows 10 when installed on the Quo motherboard...

At this point I'm thinking my only hope is to find another Quo board to buy from somebody...

When one of my quo rigs started to give me similar problems I managed to fix it one time but then it gave up completely and would not boot up at all. I am thinking it might be the bios in my case. But anyway I decided to try this under here and it worked, not sure about dual boot though cause I only run os x sierra on it. I did get the alpine ridge thunderbolt card and it works but for thunderbolt 1 devices you need the apple converter from tb3 to tb1. You have to make the card work under windows and then turn of tb security in the bios.

I have the gtx 1080 in it and davinci resolve 14 run good with it

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/323370-gb-z270x-aorus-gaming-5-i7-7700k-gtx-1070-working-perfect/

I tried both versions (I have several installs on different hard drives so easy to swap one quickly) and same result. Is there any way to see on the bios level if it sees the graphic card?

You may give a try to this : https://m.ebay.fr/itm/4-Digit-PC-Laptop-Analyzer-Diagnostic-Motherboard-Tester-USB-PCI-Post-Test-Card-/263121920044?hash=item3d4349e02c%3Ag%3AZt8AAOSwl5pZgt5v&_trkparms=pageci%253Ae82c03de-8cb4-11e7-ba26-74dbd1809838%257Cparentrq%253A2df29a3015e0a9e46f6e9e4fffffabe0%257Ciid%253A14

post-595732-15040089681022_thumb.jpg

There is some hardware who can do it as well: google pciexpress diagnostic card.

Hope it helps.

Ok so I did a test with yet an older graphic card (GTX690) and this one actually comes up when I plug it on the first PCI port, the second one doesn't and yet that's where I used to plug the GTX 1080.

On manual it clearly say if single GFX card is used then use first PCIe port next to the CPU.

Anyway I don't think this is the issue, but how you configure the card in BIOS, if on initialization is set to Legacy only, GTX 1080 most likely will not work(require UEFI init) only God know how nVidia designed this card VBIOS, try to set Legacy first or UEFI only on graphics initialization.

If you have image on BIOS screen then GFX card is proper initializated.

• 3 weeks later...

is it "just" an upgrade from Sierra to Highsierra or do you have to do something special?

There are some changes to the BIOS needed to add APFS support, and maybe the Defaults.plist as well before an upgrade will work. It seems as though ironmanjff has a working system for the betas, so it will probably work for GM too. As he says, the NVidia drivers aren't out yet, so probably worth waiting a bit, like for 10.13.1....

There are some changes to the BIOS needed to add APFS support, and maybe the Defaults.plist as well before an upgrade will work. It seems as though ironmanjff has a working system for the betas, so it will probably work for GM too. As he says, the NVidia drivers aren't out yet, so probably worth waiting a bit, like for 10.13.1....

I can live with that..... thx.