OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

Ozmosis bios have HFS support, chameleon-like bootloader, FakeSMC.kext, Disabler.kext and Injector.kext, all built-in.

I wonder if Ozmosis bios will work on GA-Z77MX-D3H?

You can do this with any UEFI BIOS, which is good because that means that you own the source code, which isn't there right now is it?

I wonder if Z77MXQUOAOS.H3A bios will work on GA-Z77MX-D3H?

It wont or best case will work with limited hardware functions, on first look Realtek LAN wont work and also PCIe ports does not match or audio codec that is different and who knows what else, probably you will get a brick...

You can do this with any UEFI BIOS, which is good because that means that you own the source code, which isn't there right now is it?

LOL, "The Real Developer" is already asking for source, hmn think I saw this before...

• Like 1

I may or may not have already seen a revision of this BIOS, does the GTX660Ti work on this revision (since on H3A.705 it did not) with HDMI audio, any progress on fixing the Messages bug?

That Jeff Carnell is such a loser

Jeff, is H3A.705 the version that shipped with the board? I wondered about this when I saw the version on the OZ page.

What if developers does not want to be known, why you think Tor was used?

I don't want to start an endless discussion about rootkit and such, I would say just that if you already own an idevice you also have at least one 'rootkit' in it and I didn't saw many complaining about that, but is not the case here.

THe KING,

Fear mongering was not my intent. I have not been active on the forums in years and am trying to catch up via a new build. In the past, I have enjoyed reading reasonable explanations, or at least a summary, of how a particular fix progressed from A to B. It is both interesting and is also way of confirming, through other sources, the validity of the fix.

If the UEFI was released with some narrative describing how it was derived (e.g., dumping the UEFI modules, disassembling roms), I would feel a bit more comfortable with the situation and could try to reproduce it on my own.

has anyone received a motherboard from QUO Computers yet

Baldy, have you attempted to call their sales line? I have never had an issue communicating with QUO. I called earlier this week with regard to the 1394b bracket. They confirmed that non-kickstarter orders ship next week. If you live on that side if the US, you will likely get your board next week. East coast will likely be Friday or early the following week. If you selected FedEx shipping your will receive a tracking number when it ships.

Those that are using the free shipping option overseas are likely to be sent USPS.  Depending on where it goes it can take a few weeks.  It seems like many that funded the Kickstarter project weren't aware of how Kickstarter works.  They should have done more research into how Kickstarter works.  A two month delay is actually not bad for a Kickstarter project.  Some don't ship (and the project creator is under no obligation to fulfill any orders) and other are far later than Quo.  For example Makibox is going on about 18 months now for a low cost 3D printer.  While legally one that funds a Kickstarter project isn't an investor, in reality that's exactly what they are.

If one were to read the Kickstarter FAQ, on provision is...

Kickstarter does not guarantee projects or investigate a creator's ability to complete their project. On Kickstarter, backers (you!) ultimately decide the validity and worthiness of a project by whether they decide to fund it.

It's similar to some complaining on the backer's forum that the install process is not automated and there are no docs to install OS X.  Of course there aren't, installing OS X on non Apple hardware is an EULA violation.  However, if one is familiar with how an install process works they can see that there is a convenience in using the project Q board. 

• Like 1

Take good close look at what it says on quocomputer.com thats all you have to do to understand why people are pissed off. I found the site after reading this thread and I bought it because it does say what it say there so there is no way in hell I could have missunderstood anything at all.

I dint know anything about kickstarter then but now I do so ive been reading over there too. I expected to just put in the OS dvd or usb drive thats all cause thats what it tells me on that page. Now I realize thats not the case and all I get is another hack but with thunderbolt, if I get it at all.

You have to flash custom BIOS released by The HermitCrab Labs.

Do you know if this custom bios support GOP Graphic cards and windows 8 super fast boot?

Hi guys i plz need some answers.

I used for my testing some part of bios from this board to mod my z77x ud5h.

For start i integrate HFSplus support to UD5H.

Now i wanna ask if this can be used by other users or even can it be used by anyone or no ?

main question its if i can share my modded bios or no ?

Thx for answers.

hi guys    :)

we can understand the frustration of both sides, but this topic is not here to serve as a battlefield.
   ^_^

if you wish to have some infos about your purchase, please contact QUO for this, it's much better for you.    ;)

cordially, staff

• Like 2

Just out of curiosity... how does Thunderbolt work on this board?
Like, does it show up in the system profiler, is it hot pluggable?
I tried it on an asus board and if the disk wasn't connected at boot it wouldn't recognize it.
Lastly how does it handle video through patching with the Thunderbolt Cinema screen?
The latter I only ever got to work with Windows at work but never with the hackintosh.

Again just wondering, it's (thunderbolt) pretty much what the board is all about (for most I assume)

Hi guys i plz need some answers.

I used for my testing some part of bios from this board to mod my z77x ud5h.

For start i integrate HFSplus support to UD5H.

Now i wanna ask if this can be used by other users or even can it be used by anyone or no ?

main question its if i can share my modded bios or no ?

Thx for answers.

I would say yes, but probably not here. Not in this thread. And it's like I said earlier, as you found out by now, and thus whatever the other guy said... it can be done. You should now be able to boot from your HFS partitions ;)

So, Meklort, how about that installation guide you mentioned @ the beginning of the post? Boards are rolling out to kickstarter donators now!

"As far as the install procedure goes, seeing as I do some development work for chameleon, I decided to install with the legacy chameleon method. Using the latest chameleon, you can bootup the installesd + chameleon + fakesmc and do the complete install w/o anything else. If anyone wants a guide on how to do an install w/ this board and the installesd (and/or maybe a video), I'd be happy to make one."

So, Meklort, how about that installation guide you mentioned @ the beginning of the post? Boards are rolling out to kickstarter donators now!

"As far as the install procedure goes, seeing as I do some development work for chameleon, I decided to install with the legacy chameleon method. Using the latest chameleon, you can bootup the installesd + chameleon + fakesmc and do the complete install w/o anything else. If anyone wants a guide on how to do an install w/ this board and the installesd (and/or maybe a video), I'd be happy to make one."

Sure thing, I'm in the process of moving over the next few weeks, but I'll see if I have some time this weekend to throw something together (after I update to the latest firmware, been a while since I've messed with the board).

• Like 2

I would take both guides as i am awaiting my board to build my first Hack ,,, 

Thanks guys!

I believe if you install the hacked bios, it should be just plug in the thumb drive and go. The guide I'll upload will be a bit more complicated (restore install esd and then install chameleon + a few modules. I may just update the NBI code to automate it, it's really is quite simple either way though.

So the hacked bios is different than the BIOS shipped with the board and the one available on the Quo website?  I assume you refer to the one by HermitCrab Labs that was previously mentioned.  Where is it available?  I did a quick google search and forum search to no avail.  Will that be a sort of unofficial preferred method I wonder?  I am more intrigued by the more complicated way you mention because I imagine that it is probably better, what would be the obvious and not so obvious differences?  Also, I am not familiar with the NBI code you mention.  No need to feel obliged to answer what I am sure are noob questions/comments.

I've got my board, I'm reasonably familiar with building a Hackintosh, as I've done a few.  So, I'm familiar with using Chameleon for the bootloader, and the need (in some cases) for a DSDT file.  Based on how the board was pitched I was expecting that it would ship with a custom BIOS so that only a custom bootloader would be needed.  So, the question is, go with the stock BIOS from the QUO website, or try the alternative?  I've got no issues either way.

I've got my board, I'm reasonably familiar with building a Hackintosh, as I've done a few.  So, I'm familiar with using Chameleon for the bootloader, and the need (in some cases) for a DSDT file.  Based on how the board was pitched I was expecting that it would ship with a custom BIOS so that only a custom bootloader would be needed.  So, the question is, go with the stock BIOS from the QUO website, or try the alternative?  I've got no issues either way.

U can use flash this modeed bios and use original dvd or usb for osx ?

https://mrq7bqbfgwmjzd5m.tor2web.org/

I standby what The KiNG has said in his post. And I know what took place last year. 

For such a great endeavor that we work on a few people want to rip apart what other people have done and cast hate and jealousy onto others. This is a said attempt by someone to destroy a developer for reasons un disposed to us. The KiNG all I could ask is for you to block out the hate and jealousy and progress in doing what you have been doing over the past years in this community. All I ask in the end is to be the better man as you have been. 

• Like 1