OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

The King, can you please look at my post 2799 http://goo.gl/DqQbMAsee if you can give me a hint how can I approach my problem. I can't boot with my HD5770 video card as it hangs on the apple logo screen. I can boot with the integrated in the CPU intel video card. 

This is common, you need to boot with IGPU. Make sure you have IGPU enabled in BIOS. I have 2 monitors, 1 with IGPU and 1 with 280x

The King, can you please look at my post 2799 http://goo.gl/DqQbMAsee if you can give me a hint how can I approach my problem. I can't boot with my HD5770 video card as it hangs on the apple logo screen. I can boot with the integrated in the CPU intel video card. 

This is common, you need to boot with IGPU. Make sure you have IGPU enabled in BIOS. I have 2 monitors, 1 with IGPU and 1 with 280x

If I boot with IGPU and cable is connected to my ATI there is no screen output (black screen). If I select Auto or PEG  it defaults to ATI.

Anyone tried it (XMAS BIOS Sierra patched) yet ?

Yea and it works flawless, the one I posted at the top  is the regular XMAS BIOS adapted to Sierra and this one in this post is the same patched by Kynyo with SysDef of Mac mini Server (Late 2012). :yes:

Edited by Micky1979
unauthorized pre-release version of Ozmosis. Attachment removed

Yea and it works flawless, the one I posted at the top  is the regular XMAS BIOS adapted to Sierra and this one in this post is the same patched by Kynyo with SysDef of Mac mini Server (Late 2012). :yes:

What are the differences between the 2? Does the SysDef with Mini Server affect anything compared to the Xmas rom with Sierra compatibility? Also, Which bios is the xmas with sierra? I see a couple posts and not sure which is which. Thanks!

Edited by Allan

What are the differences between the 2? Does the SysDef with Mini Server affect anything compared to the Xmas rom with Sierra compatibility? Also, Which bios is the xmas with sierra? I see a couple posts and not sure which is which. Thanks!

The one with Mac mini enable all the internal usb ports and it is a system approved by Apple for Sierra, the other one is the original with MacPro 3,1 witch is not approved for Sierra.

Yeah, now that my 'pager duty' is over I can flash the Sierra enabled version and give it a test drive.

Mac mini enable all the internal usb ports 

Technically El Cap & Sierra simply do not restrict ports on MacMini6,2 at this time, there is no 'enabling'. All ports are enabled until the OS restricts them.

You can use any supported SysDef and  remove all ports restrictions if you wish. But if the SysDef do not matter to you, MacMini is the 'no brainer' choice.

Yeah, now that my 'pager duty' is over I can flash the Sierra enabled version and give it a test drive.

Technically El Cap & Sierra simply do not restrict ports on MacMini6,2 at this time, there is no 'enabling'. All ports are enabled until the OS restricts them.

You can use any supported SysDef and  remove all ports restrictions if you wish. But if the SysDef do not matter to you, MacMini is the 'no brainer' choice.

So with Mac mini all the ports are "unrestricted" ergo "enabled" by the OS. :rofl:

First I tried the "vanilla" patched ROM. Just got an Apple logo and no progress bar. Tried reseting NVRAM and removing my defaults .plist from EFI, but no go. Then I tried the Mac mini ROM, and it boots, but I'm only getting one monitor from my 690. Something caused OS X to switch back to native drivers, so I switched back to the web drivers, but still only one monitor. Oddly enough, this time I got the Apple logo on one monitor, but when the desktop loaded it switched to the other monitor. On the bright side, the Sierra installer finally boots.

To maximize resolution for macmini sysdef maybe we need to use that mac-pixel-clock patch.

In theory it could be used even with hackintoshes.

First I tried the "vanilla" patched ROM. Just got an Apple logo and no progress bar. Tried reseting NVRAM and removing my defaults .plist from EFI, but no go. Then I tried the Mac mini ROM, and it boots, but I'm only getting one monitor from my 690. Something caused OS X to switch back to native drivers, so I switched back to the web drivers, but still only one monitor. Oddly enough, this time I got the Apple logo on one monitor, but when the desktop loaded it switched to the other monitor. On the bright side, the Sierra installer finally boots.

Vanilla's sysdef is MacPro 3,1. To be able to boot the installer i think you need that mac mini or iMac 14,2. I preffer the classic way of Defaults.plist into EFI folder, easy to edit when I do various tests. eg. I dont have to do a couple of flashes.

• Like 1

I never tried to boot the Sierra installer with the vanilla patched bios. I couldn't even boot into El Capitan. Just kept getting an Apple logo with no progress bar. I had this issue a couple months back trying to use a defaults.plist in EFI/OZ. Eventually crusher provided an XMASS bios that I think had the iMac13,2 sysdef baked in and it started working, but I still had the defaults.plist files in EFI. After flashing the patched XMASS bios with my defaults.plist in EFI, I couldn't boot. I flashed back to the non-patched ROM and removed the defaults.plist files and then reflashed to the patched ROM, but still couldn't boot. I then flashed the patched Mac mini bios and it booted into El Capitan, but only have one monitor working for some reason. The Sierra installer booted right up but initial boot after install gave me a black screen on my 690. I switched to integrated graphics and I'm now working on installing the beta web drivers.

• Like 1

nVIDIA caused a lot of problems for me: buggy drivers, crashes into After Effects...I bought an R9 280X. All good.

Good to know. I'll see how it goes and maybe try and pick one up at best buy tomorrow. What's the best option for an OOB working Sierra graphics card? It's weird that I lost my second display even in El Capitan though. Could it have something to do with the Mac mini sysdef?

Currently I use R9 280X Vapor-X from Saphire which works OOTB. (Hamachi Framebuffer in Oz Defaults.plist)

Approximately 20k points in LuxMark OpenCL, great card, great price, great performance in FCPX, PS, Lightroom.

Good to know. I'll see how it goes and maybe try and pock one up at best buy tomorrow. What's the best option for an OOB working Sierra graphics card? It's weird that I lost my second display even in El Capitan though. Could it have something to do with the Mac mini sysdef?

You wont find them at Best Buy unfortunately. I got mine a few months ago off of Ebay for $180. Best thing about the card is that it works OTB and will give you plenty of power for video editing and a little bit of gaming. I did have problems using in Adobe Premiere but my main editing software is FCPX which it works very very well in. Im using the one from ASUS

You wont find them at Best Buy unfortunately. I got mine a few months ago off of Ebay for $180. Best thing about the card is that it works OTB and will give you plenty of power for video editing and a little bit of gaming. I did have problems using in Adobe Premiere but my main editing software is FCPX which it works very very well in. Im using the one from ASUS

Heh. Well my best buy usually has a lot of older stuff so maybe I'll get lucky. If not yeah I might have to hit up eBay. Although if it's tolerable it might pay off to wait for any new models being released by Apple in the next couple months.