mobo

• Please log in to reply
1512 replies to this topic

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 694 posts

Try to find an article from 2000, 2009 is too recent IMHO.

I had a good laugh.

PoisonApple666

PoisonApple666

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 107 posts

subxero....that article is from 2009.  Whatever happened to their retail store?  Did they ever really open it?   Are they just repackaging an earlier problem with the aid of kickcash?  A different group with the same name??

This is a bit curious.....

subxero

subxero

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

my apologies... made a fool of myself (blush) I did not think to look at the date. I got that article from their web site. Sorry move along people... this is embarassing. Still think they are dodgy though. They promised first motherboard shipments in June. Did anyone receive theirs? Tomorrow is July.

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 694 posts

They promised first motherboard shipments in June. Did anyone receive theirs? Tomorrow is July.

http://www.kickstart...rd/posts/524816

P.S. That is an actual date, Jun 29, 2013, so you are safe to comment...

A.I.Ghost

A.I.Ghost

Vault 13 dweller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Interests:Sex, Drugs (well... not really :-) ) and Rock'n'Roll.
    Mostly PC, now Mac too.

Ooops! Edited to delete my post. Embrassed much! Old article was old!

I still have red your post  :wink_anim:

Many true things were there (not about the intentions, but the situation with apple clones in general). Simple edit with explanatory first-liner would suffice.

I for one am waiting for MB reviews and it's hackintoshability. Only one shameful thing - it's already haswell time.

jamiethemorris

jamiethemorris

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

A mobo made for a Hack? This is a revolution in Hackintoshing! Will it boot without FakeSMC if you aren't using legacy mode with Chameleon?

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,924 posts

A mobo made for a Hack? This is a revolution in Hackintoshing! Will it boot without FakeSMC if you aren't using legacy mode with Chameleon?

As far as I understand "NO".

It is usual motherboard for Windows PC just having Firewire and Thunderbolt.

starobrno1

starobrno1

InsanelyMac Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
This is strange I thought the couple of houndred mobos they claimed they actually have was actually in stock for orders. Now I wonder if they are reserved for the kickstarter. Doesnt say that on the homepage though so its confusing.

Maby I made a misstake ordering one of these and pay for it? Did anybody get theirs?

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,892 posts

No, this is worthy of making noise. I'm damn sure QUO staff has a pretty good explanation, but it has to be given. Last time i read the topic i remember shipment would start at jun 29th, so probably there's a few people who should probably have their hands on their QUO boards by now. Did you try to contact the staff by the channels available in their page?

All the best!

P.S.: and i expect this topic doesn't dive, and the QUO project doesn't end, because it's a promising idea. Hope it succeeds and does the transition to Haswell as soon as possible - that would probably be the time i'd buy a QUO motherboard.

iztech

iztech

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

We are excited to state that shipping will commence at the end of the week.

bdv

bdv

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Italian motorcycles riding and fixing, computers, cats, pre-print design.

We are excited to state that shipping will commence at the end of the week.

As a kickstarter backer, I' am pleased to read that even if it is the second or third announce of shipment in a few days...

But, as it seems that you receive only a partial shipment from Gigabyte, I presume that only  some backers will get their boards from this partial shipment and others will wait for the remaining boards to be shipped. So, how do you plan to choose who will be served first, and who will have to wait, and for how long?

An annonce by personal mail would be appreciated, It would show that you have a little bit of respect for your backers. :(

I know that working with big companies could be frustrating, but you should communicate with your clients.

For the moment I sent Quo 2 polite request for info, and receive no answer.

Zero. Nada. Peau de Zob.

Do you really plan to run your business with this type of relationship with your clients?

Shame...

starobrno1

starobrno1

InsanelyMac Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
I dont even know what that whole thing with kickstarter and backers and stuff is. I read this thread about a new mobo so I go to the site and buy it. It say nothing there but that they do have it in stock and you can calculate shipping and all even for international buyers!

tdtran1025

tdtran1025

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

In light of the debut of new Haswell architecture and other hardware advancement such as TB2, AC1200 Wifi, etc., I wonder if this whole scenario is even relevant any more. Ethernet is now such a small deal that I suspect most people can live without at bootup.

Onixs

Onixs

Since 2007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
Exactly. This is now ancient. How can we expect good after sale service with things like this.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,892 posts

I do think is still relevant. But also that it had kind of a troubled beginning. It's difficult to actually run a business. Hope they tune their things up.

starobrno1

starobrno1

InsanelyMac Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
Its very strange though that you dont get a confirmation email when you buy from them. I emailed asking them to confirm my order and my payment but no reply so far.

It's Phobos!

It's Phobos!

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

I have asked quite simply if I could change my shipping address to my work address since he's shipping by USPS (seriously? how cheap can you be after all the delays?). I've asked this in three emails, both to rashantha directly, and to the sales email. I've asked on facebook. I've asked via twitter. And it has been all for nothing. The statement about that shipping would take place at week's end (I'll believe it when I see it) wasn't even made on kickstarter or the website. I had to find out from a third party forum post. What kind of company did I give my money to? Shouldn't this be pretty straight forward stuff? You could probably manage 509 backers, their names, backing order, amount billed, shipping address, and any other details pretty well with just a spreadsheet. Or is tweeting about the NBA finals and keeping up with Sri Lankan politics more vital than updating the people who gave you $190K?

EDIT: Three emails, a tweet, and three facebook messages later, we have a response!

mwgdrwg

mwgdrwg

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

i really hope all you people who parted with dosh for this board haven't been spun over by these clowns. They have been completely unprofessional in their dealings.

PoisonApple666

PoisonApple666

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 107 posts

I had thought about one of these from the getgo....but I'm glad I didn't jump in.   Kickstarter can be a great way to raise capital and bring something to market ... but this one has taken so long that I fear the MB will be a boat anchor right OOTB.  Sad really .... a potentially great idea.  Perhaps their next board will be produced in a timely manner .... providing they survive this marketing and customer service fiasco.  I wish them very good luck ... Time will tell.

starobrno1

starobrno1

InsanelyMac Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
I think Im gonna get mine Im not worried its just that its kind of taken from the book how to not startup your business how they run things. Pretty much everybody knows an email/sign of life really could make a big difference in a case like this.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mobo

Topic Stats Last Post Info

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy