ASUS RAMPAGE II GENE S Hackintosh

dLat

10 posts in this topic

(since my previous thread got locked :( here's a redo):

Hi,

I've been googling around trying to build my own hackintosh and I've found most of my answers on this forum. This made me join the forum and it's nice to get to know everyone!

I still don't know where to start however, and I know a lot of the terminology and the general concept.

These are my specs:

ASUS RAMPAGE II GENE S 1366 INT X58

Intel Core i7 920

Sapphire HD 5770 1GB GDDR5

The less important things:

OCZ DDR3 6 GB triple channel

OCZ 600W Power supply

SH-S223B/BEBE 22x DVD Drive

Seagate Barracuda 7200 1TB

My objective is to install OS X 10.8.2 Mountain Lion.

i just need to make a custom ML usb and make it install mountain lion .. somehow,

and then find a way to make it boot directly to mac

Edit: Found out I'm probably gonna use iATKOS ML2 since it supports x58, realtek 8111C, core i7, and a bit of my ati hd 5770.

then install kexts for audio only right?

Let me know,

dLat

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so i have my hack/mac up and running but...

For sound, Ive tried various kexts and can't seem to find the right one,

I got sound to work only once by updating to 10.8.2 but after a reboot it didn't work :(

Any suggestions?

Also my boot time is 1:49, horribly slow. Anyways to fix this?

There was a topic for that mobo here just incase you didn't see it.

Great thread, read through the 4 pages,

thread's rather old, (3 years old)

Do you think that DSDT will still work for ML2?

and do i just flash my bios with the dsdt? i dont think ill be needing any kexts cause i just want to fix sleep/autosleep (only issue right now)

Do you think that DSDT will still work for ML2?

I used to have that board. If it helps, I think this is the DSDT I was using for it (BIOS version 1705) with ML.

DSDT.dsl.zip

and do i just flash my bios with the dsdt?

No need to flash your BIOS. Just add your DSDT to Chameleon's /Extra folder and it will be used instead of your mobo's native table.

I recommend you build yourself a bootable Chameleon USB flash drive and test it. That way you won't upset what you already have.

• 2 months later...

You ever got sleep working?

I have pretty much the exact same hardware as you (except for 5850 GPU), and the iATKOS ML2 worked perfectly for me with regards to sleep (had to use a new VoodooHDA to get audio working.

However, since I have a retarded M-Audio Firewire 410 audio card with no drivers for ML, I'm now trying out Lion instead. Works great with iATKOS, except for sleep. (And the same dealie about audio, solvable by the same VoodooHDA download).

I'm trying different kexts with #####, but can't get sleep to work. I also have a different BIOS revision (1202), since I've SLIC'ed it for Windows 7 and don't want to lose that by ugrading.