I am looking for a tiny tiny case! Too much to ask for?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

GGNguyen

GGNguyen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hello!
I am looking to downsize my case and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations based on my equipment. I was intrigued by the Bitfenix Prodigy case but it's not available anywhere in Black. Price is not really a factor although I'm all about getting the best bang for the buck. I need something that is about 14" deep or LESS. Height & width don't really matter. It's going on a built in shelf where depth is an issue. Trust me, I have done plenty of Google searches but come up short on potential cases that would fit the bill.

I am not overclocking or even gaming so I don't have any special concerns over heat.

My components are:
Motherboard: Gigabyte Intel Z77-DS3H v1.1
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K
GPU: EVGA GeForce GT 640
RAM: G.SKILL 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 RAM
Power Supply:Corsair 650w CMPSU-650HX
Optical Drive: Lite-On Super AllWrite 24X SATA DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Drive
Hard Drive: Western Digital 2TB Hard Drive
Solid-State Drive: 240GB OCZ Vertex
Wi-Fi Card: TP-Link PCI Express Adapter (not currently in use)
Bluetooth: Jabra A320s USB Bluetooth Adapter.

This is straight out of the Lifehacker guide.

Any recommendations on small, mini, compact cases?

Thanks for the assistance!

-G

BALDY_MAN

BALDY_MAN

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
have you thought of painting the case black or powder coating it black your self. as you cant buy it in black

GGNguyen

GGNguyen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I did think of that and it sounds nice but with my luck it wouldn't turn out. I loosely deal with powdercoating companies at my work & every shop I have been involved with heats the item up to a certain temperature. Plastic would melt. A Google search seems to indicate it may be possible but it is a specialty & the thought of trying to track someone down who does it in my small town gives me a headache. I am more into getting something ready out of the box.

Someone has to have a recommendation for a tiny case that will house all of my components. Kudos to the first equitable recommendation!

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff
well you have an ATX mobo, plenty of options if you had a slightly smaller board, but with a full sized mobo they would require some serious modifications. This one would fit as is nMEDIAPC Red Wood Wood/Steel HTPC 8000 ATX Media Center / HTPC Case nMEDIAPC Red Wood Wood/Steel HTPC 8000 ATX Media Center / HTPC Case but not everyones flavor. Or since depth is the issue but not width or height, any standard tower turned sideways :)

Mr.D.

Mr.D.

There are those who call me...

• Local Moderators
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:Music editing/Remixing, hiking, orienteering, 4 wheeling, reading (yes like books and such), and...
Check out this thread. Its amazing what determination and patience will get you!

This is also a good, small setup - featured in the Mod of the Month too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy