Issue installing on Ga-Z77-D3H (kernel panic?)

juanml82

13 posts in this topic

Hi guys. I'm trying to install ML in my new computer. I'm using an 8gb microsd card with a card reader, which I've formatted using myhack. System specs are in my signature.

The installation fails, I'm attaching a couple of pictures. Since I've seen something about disks in the verbose, I've even tried unpluging all disks at least to see if the installer starts, but that didn't work.

Any ideas?

post-267029-0-79941300-1358950026_thumb.jpg

post-267029-0-45722400-1358950182_thumb.jpg

Ok, I've tried following this guide

http://www.insanelym...3h#entry1864387

And it goes further, however, after a certain point (I think after it loads the Atheros kext) the screen goes black and nothing happens.

Unfortunately, I couldn't take a picture before the screen went black, so I had to record it as a video and the results are rather bad. I hope this makes sense

post-267029-0-03159900-1359156463_thumb.jpg

Ok, I've tried following this guide

http://www.insanelym...3h#entry1864387

And it goes further, however, after a certain point (I think after it loads the Atheros kext) the screen goes black and nothing happens.

Unfortunately, I couldn't take a picture before the screen went black, so I had to record it as a video and the results are rather bad. I hope this makes sense

Add:

GraphicsEnabler=No

To the string you are booting with. It is hanging on the GPU's framebuffer.

Ok, almost there. The issue seemed to be the Nvidia video card. I've unplugged the power connectors from it and booted using the Intel HD 4000 and it worked.

Kind of. It got installed, I've rebooted from the usb... well card reader... per the guide and typed those three terminal commands and tried to rebootagain from the card reader and installed chamaleon. However, I can only boot (using the bootloader in the microsd card to boot the OSX partition) in safe mode. If I try to boot without safe mode I get up to here.

img20130126011023.jpg

I've tried disabling Intel's Virtualization Technology in the bios, since someone said in the guide it was troublesome, but it didn't make a difference. Anyhow, I've booted in safe mode and installed Chamaleon in the OSX partition, but I got it stuck in a boot0 screen (boot0: GPT boot0:test boot0:test boot0: GPT boot0:test boot0:test boot0:error)

Also, I don't have audio. In the system profile, the only thing indicated as audio is 'Intel high definition audio' which I guess it means OSX didn't detect the onboard sound board.

Finally, is it just safe to upgrade to 10.8.2, or do I have to prepare or do something before hand? And getting the GTX 460 to work goes either in the post installation or hardware components forums, right?