3 replies to this topic

rid1

rid1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,
I have an HP dv5tse running 32-bit Windows 7 with Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 processor, which, according to Microsoft Hardware-Assisted Virtualization Detection Tool, does not have hardware virtualization capabilities. I've been searching for a few days with no luck for a way to run Mac OS X through VMware Player or VirtualBox. Since my laptop is 32-bit, I understand that Snow Leopard is the highest I can go (please correct me if I'm wrong). Is there any way at all to run Snow Leopard without hardware virtualization? Any info will be appreciated. Thanks.

trungpt

trungpt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
You're using 32bit windows which means that you have <3GB RAM avaliable. In order to try Mac OS X as a virtual machine, IMHO, you should use 64bit Windows 7 and add more RAM. Sometimes, you can enable VT in BIOS settings, or you need:

1) VMware Unlocker – Hardware Virtualization Bypasser
2) VMware Unlocker – Mac OS X Guest

You can find these in this forum :D

MSoK

MSoK

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Hi,
I have an HP dv5tse running 32-bit Windows 7 with Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 processor, which, according to Microsoft Hardware-Assisted Virtualization Detection Tool, does not have hardware virtualization capabilities. I've been searching for a few days with no luck for a way to run Mac OS X through VMware Player or VirtualBox. Since my laptop is 32-bit, I understand that Snow Leopard is the highest I can go (please correct me if I'm wrong). Is there any way at all to run Snow Leopard without hardware virtualization? Any info will be appreciated. Thanks.

rid1,
I checked and your CPU does not support VT-x, so a Vanilla SL installation is not going to be possible, the "Unlocker" will not help, as retail OS X requires VT-x to install in VMware. You will need to find an alternative kernel, they do exist in this forum, something similar to those used for AMD processors, but be warned without VT-x performance is going to be very poor.
MSoK.

rid1

rid1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks all. Yes, I forgot to mention that I have 3GB RAM, so I'm not expecting lightning fast speeds here. I actually found a Hazard iso for Snow Leopard 10.6.6, and I found directions here: http://www.insanelym...-non-vt-x-cpus/ on how to install it without vt-x (according to my calculations my busratio is 10). So far I've successfully installed it and booted it from the VMware hard drive; however, when I rebooted after it installed, it took me to the Chameleon page, and I still had to type in "-v -f busratio=10 cpus=1" and hit enter to get it to boot properly (takes forever to start up). I also downloaded the darwin_snow.iso file so I could install VMware Tools; it's installing right now.

Question: Is there any way to transfer my trackpad scrolling capabilities to VMware? I have a Synaptics TouchPad V6.5 with two-finger vertical and horizontal scrolling.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: snow leopard, virtualization, vt-x, vmware, virtualbox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy