HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. I'm really new to this and I'm trying to make a Yosemite Hackintosh. I'm trying to use Bronya's rc7 with Tora Chi Yo's pthread.kext and these kexts: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/354-amd-replace-kext-for-yosemite/. It runs for a while before hanging here: http://i.imgur.com/24lthBB.jpg. I'm using Chameleon, and I don't know how to use the "boot" file present in the kernel zip. I believe that this is most likely my issue. Can someone help me with figuring out what I'm doing wrong?

My specs are:

ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0

AMD FX-8320 CPU

NVidia GTX 760 GPU

4GB Corsair DDR3

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hello every one! I have a question: I’m very interested in AMD Power Management, is there any solution to make it work, I mean is there a way to turn on p-states and c-states on this kind CPU? I saw that there are kind a flags like «GenerateCStates=Yes; GeneratePStates=Yes;», but those flags are not working for me… Maybe I need to compile DSDT to make it work, but I don’t know how. I have read about making DSDT a lot, but still I don’t think that I need it, because even without it everything is working very good! Also I tried use VoodooPState.kext, and wasn’t work too. Actually it’s working not correct, if there was opportunity to configure it, that would be nice... If there is nothing to do with that yet, then it’s ok, I’m jus little interested in that question… Thank you!

Ozuma, this is your nVidia not being recognised. Add GraphicsEnabler=No to your org.Chameleon.Boot.plist. Or even type it at the Chameleon boot menu. Good luck!

I went and tried this but it still hung at the same spot. I even left it overnight to see if it would ever advance and it didn't. Is there anything else that could be causing my issue?

• Like 1

There is no support for AMD CPU power management under OS X. P & C States control from Chameleon is useless on AMD CPUs.

I see, it's too bad. Alright then, thank you for your answer! I was interested because I saw video in post #1237 (from amd kernel testing), where the p-state is actually working, but how did he do that... You can watch it too if you want.

I went and tried this but it still hung at the same spot. I even left it overnight to see if it would ever advance and it didn't. Is there anything else that could be causing my issue?

I guess you perhaps need nVidia web drivers for your card. Try to boot in safe mode (type -x in the boot menu) and, when getting to the desktop, install the said drivers from nVidia's website, or - if you cannot get to the desktop with safe mode -  boot in single user mode (type -s in the boot menu), then delete all nVidia kexts manually (google for how to do it): that way you should get to the desktop, albeit with no graphics acceleration. After installing the drivers, launch the Disk Utility, repair permissions, then restart and boot with nvda_drv=1 and either GraphicsEnabler=No or GraphicsEnabler=Yes (whatever works).

Good luck!

If I'm not wrong, you have the natively supported video card, so you don't need injection, just delete IOPCIFamily.kext since you don't need it (you need original)! And then boot with GraphicsEnabler=No (with yes it should boot too). Actually, you don't need whole package, even with vanilla AppleACPIPlatform.kext (original) you will boot into the system, well it should. Don't replace those kexts! Install with original ones! The AppleACPIPlatform.kext can cause showing wrong information about your system in "About your mac", it's not important and it's just cosmetic, but still I think you don't want that... You only need the kernel, pthread.kext, FakeSMC.kext, and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to boot into system - that's it!

upd. After you boot into system, do the thing, what theconnactic says, but better do it with Kext Wizard, rebuild cache and repair permissions.

• Like 1

How can I fix this grey screen freeze with spinning cursor, I have r9 290, I added ids in amd8000 and x4000 kexts, it recognizes it, i get full resolution but it is always stuck at login, I tried yo.zip, rc6, rc7, basically most of the kernels listed here, installed latest FakeSMC but still... I just can't fix that grey screen freeze problem. Any ideas?

Edited by Duran Keeley
Moved the discussion to the correct topic Please Note: Kernel testing is for all kernel related problems

Are you talking about this?  It is page 6, it didn't grab the texts to quote, I don't know why.

Edited by Duran Keeley
Moved the discussion to the correct topic Please Note: Kernel testing is for all kernel related problems

How can I fix this grey screen freeze with spinning cursor, I have r9 290, I added ids in amd8000 and x4000 kexts, it recognizes it, i get full resolution but it is always stuck at login, I tried yo.zip, rc6, rc7, basically most of the kernels listed here, installed latest FakeSMC but still... I just can't fix that grey screen freeze problem. Any ideas?

Simple,

ATI cards require framebuffer patch in order to work.

Dump personalities (or look them up) of the framebuffer (AMD8000Controller.kext in this case) and patch them up using the connector information available from your VBIOS dump (use RadeonDump for getting your VBIOS / Clover / DarwinDumper) and get connector info using the radeon_bios_decode tool.

Then use a hex editor for patching up the given bytes of the chosen framebuffer personility and use Clover to patch on-the-fly / patch up the kext.

Next inject the needed framebuffer IORegistry data using DSDT patch / EFI string / Clover GraphicsInjector / Chameleon GraphicsEnabler.

Reboot and it'll work.

I had an ATI Radeon HD6450 so I know what I'm talking about.

Also enjoy all connectors working now :D

Edited by Duran Keeley
  • Like 1

Thank you for helping me these all sound scary to me as I didn't even heard those before except clover and chameleon parts, I will try, I hope I can do it :(

Edited by Duran Keeley

Question. I've been wanting to use Yosemite but it seems the GT 740 4GB doesn't work OOB like it does on mavericks. And my wifi is AR9227, which has a kext fixed for mavericks. Its a TL-WN751ND and its an edited IO80211Family.kext and I wouldn't have the slightest idea how to get it working with yosemite, I've read it doesn't. If anyone could help please let me know heres the kext that works with mavericks. https://www.mediafire.com/?c2xahrogksn3pdz

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I jus installed Mavericks. But I'm having display issues in safari? any suggestion on how to fix this problem/issue? (please see screenshot)

Thanks! :)

I solved my Safari issue by turning off LCD font smoothing in Settings => General.

-------------------------

Also can someone please explain the need to clear cache (via -f in Chameleon)? Thanks very much

so I tried Bronya's RC7 and Tori's Rev8 kernels

with the following kexts:

• AppleACPI
  • IOPCIFamily
  • IOUSBFamily
  • IOUSBMassStorage
  • pthread

I need the 1st four otherwise, I'll get kernel panic. And even though pthread is from Tori's kernel, I get kernel panic without it on Bronya kernel.

I'm also using the latest chameleon (2686) and using the boot file included with the pkg and a test boot from the chameleon dev thread.

and my setup is stuck (please see screenshot).

any ideas on how to fix?

so I just made a Usb installer with 10.10.4 (if anyone can share 10.10.1 I would appreciate that very much) and I'm still stuck at this portion. I've patched my video card correctly (at least I think it works as it's correctly detected as GT610 in mavericks).

Any more ideas? thanks :)

After several tries, I am finally using Yosemite on my setup. I found a guide from Spakk which uses FakeSMC and NullPowerManagement (instead of a patched AppleACPIPlatform and IOPCIFamily) and this finally enabled me to install Yosemite.

All is not good though. For whatever reason, my motherboard settings becomes corrupt after a reboot/shutdown. I am using Tori's Rev8 kernel and patched pthread.  I have also tried chameleon 2716 and 2700 (I know this version doesn't give me a similar problem in Mavericks). 

This happens if I also just boot (booted and immediately shut down) from the USB installer or booting from the SSD.

Any suggestion on what to do? I'm not really sure if it's kernel or chameleon related or perhaps something else. Thanks! :)

Hi mrjayviper

first of  all download the latest BIOS vers. F10e see here

2. Install BIOS vers. F10e

3. Customize BIOS settings, see pictures in Appendix

4. Create a DSDT.aml with MaciASL, then fix all bugs and modify the dsdt.aml

5  create an USB flash drive with OS X  Yosemite, then install latest version of Chameleon bootloader

6.then add the Drivers, see Appendix to the folder Extra/Extensions/   (Nullpowermanagement.kext, FakeSMC.kext, AppleNForceATA.imk64bit.kext, Patched_10.7_AppleRTC.kext, RealtekRTL81xx.kext

7. Install smbios.plist (14.2) use Chameleon Wizard and modify the org.chameleon.Boot.plist similar to the example

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>DSDT</key>
	<string>/Extra/DSDT.aml</string>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GUI</key>
	<string>No</string>
	<key>GenerateCStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GeneratePStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>1680x1050x32</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>PCIRootUID=0 UsekernelCache=No kext-dev-mode=1 -v npci=0x3000 nvda_drv=1 dart=0</string> --> "nvda_drv=1" This setting will take only if Nvidia graphics card is installed
	<key>SMBIOS</key>
	<string>/Extra/SMBios.plist</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>2</string>
	<key>USBBusFix</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>UseNvidiaROM</key> --> This setting will take only if Nvidia graphics card is installed
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>VBIOS</key> --->  This setting will take only if Nvidia graphics card is installed
	<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

20141018_091726.jpg

20141018_091743.jpg

20141018_091804.jpg

20141018_091837.jpg

20141018_091928.jpg

20141018_091949.jpg

20141018_092008.jpg

20141018_092031.jpg

20141018_092050.jpg

Drivers for Gigabyte GA 990 FXA-UD3.rar

• Like 1

all I can say is "WOW".

1. may I also know what kernel are you using?

2. what Mac did you select for SMBios.plist?

Thanks a LOT! :)

use one of the appropriate kernel for FX CPUs, either Bronya or Tora Chi Yo's. basically should start the system with most AMD kernel.

to customize and create a matching smbios.plist use Chameleon Wizard ... for my hardware.... I have good experience with smbios.plist for IMac 14.2. That you should test times which is right for you.

Good luck!

• Like 1

anyone experiencing USB stick corruption? I tried formatting a stick on my hackintosh and and it wouldn't work. so I formatted it on the MBPr. Put it back on the hackintosh and tried copying some files. seems to work but when I plugged it in on the MBPR, it's corrupted.

any ideas? thanks

• 2 weeks later...

use one of the appropriate kernel for FX CPUs, either Bronya or Tora Chi Yo's. basically should start the system with most AMD kernel.

to customize and create a matching smbios.plist use Chameleon Wizard ... for my hardware.... I have good experience with smbios.plist for IMac 14.2. That you should test times which is right for you.

Good luck!

may I ask if you can use "computer sleep" in your setup. Not important. I'm just wondering.

Thanks again

may I ask if you can use "computer sleep" in your setup. Not important. I'm just wondering.

Thanks again

These problems can be fix by modifying the DSDT.

1. Download and install MacIasl or  DSDT Editor

2. Create a raw dsdt from your system then save the file as dsdt.dsl and uploade the file.

3. Install the IORegistryExplorer.app and save / export the file as ***.ioreg and uploade the file.

• Like 1