HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

I  dont know my question here deleted.is there something wrong for asking? :( i know guys you are the only person that can help me about this matter :(.. its been 4 days now i cant sucessfully boot my yosemite .. it automatic restart after hfs+ file load. i use kernel2 successfully install the yosemite installer but i cant load yosemite desktop, help me pls

I  dont know my question here deleted.is there something wrong for asking? :( i know guys you are the only person that can help me about this matter :(.. its been 4 days now i cant sucessfully boot my yosemite .. it automatic restart after hfs+ file load. i use kernel2 successfully install the yosemite installer but i cant load yosemite desktop, help me pls

Have you copied the kernel From your USB installer to the HDD you installed Yosemite onto? See my reply above.

What version of chameleon are you using?

Try download the latest version because from my understanding is that it should automatically pick up that Yosemite is installed and look for the kernel in S/L/Kernels, which sounds like yours is not doing that. Or edit your org.chameleon.Boot.plist to reference to the location of your kernel like this example.

<key>Kernel</key>
<string>/Extra/kernel</string>
Of course make sure you have copied the dependancies as well like FakeSMC.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, and a patched AppleRTC.kext to either /Extra/Extensions or S/L/Extensions

• Like 2

Have you copied the kernel From your USB installer to the HDD you installed Yosemite onto? See my reply above.

this is how I created my usb installer with latest "chameleon v2.3svn r2468" http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/301138-new-usb-installer-os-x-yosemite-chameleon-r2456-v2/?p=2064388

and after make my usb installer yosemite I replaced it bronya kernel2 to my usb installer S/L/Kernel/"kernel"  and restart and successfully install but when it boot I cant access in yosemite desktop and keeps restarting. I used flags with -x -v UseKernelCache=No but no luck :(

can u guide me on how to copy "FakeSMC.kextNullCPUPowerManagement.kext, and a patched AppleRTC.kext to either /Extra/Extensions or S/L/Extensions " sincee now i cant access my yosemite desktop and i cant use -s

Are you add FakeSMC and NullCPUPowerManagement on your Disk?

can you please guide me on how to add that kext? since i cant -s and access yosemite desktop. is there any way to add that kext? thanks

this is how I created my usb installer with latest "chameleon v2.3svn r2468" http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/301138-new-usb-installer-os-x-yosemite-chameleon-r2456-v2/?p=2064388

and after make my usb installer yosemite I replaced it bronya kernel2 to my usb installer S/L/Kernel/"kernel"  and restart and successfully install but when it boot I cant access in yosemite desktop and keeps restarting. I used flags with -x -v UseKernelCache=No but no luck :(

can u guide me on how to copy "FakeSMC.kextNullCPUPowerManagement.kext, and a patched AppleRTC.kext to either /Extra/Extensions or S/L/Extensions " sincee now i cant access my yosemite desktop and i cant use -s

can you please guide me on how to add that kext? since i cant -s and access yosemite desktop. is there any way to add that kext? thanks

Ok I'll do a brief run down on what you need to do from here - follow this guide if stuck: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners-updated-for-yosemite/

Boot back to your Installer USB, then go to terminal (in the Utilities menu, after you select your language)

Because it is an older Chameleon (latest version is: Chameleon 2.3 r2468 which is in "OS X Yosemite Chameleon v3.zip") you going to have to copy your kernel to the HDD root.

in terminal type this

cp –R /System/Library/Kernels/kernel /Volumes/"Name of your HDD Partition"/mach_kernel
Don't worry about FakeSMC.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, and a patched AppleRTC.kext - I think that installer installs those kext files.

IF you did use V3 of the installer type this in terminal

cp –R /System/Library/Kernels/kernel /Volumes/"Name of your HDD Partition"/System/Library/Kernels/kernel
  • Like 1

duran..it really works cause I used v3 installer in chameleon and did this in terminal "cp R /System/Library/Kernels/kernel /Volumes/"Name of your HDD Partition"/System/Library/Kernels/kernel" now i can boot in yosemite desktop and it fully working in my graphic card ..really appreciated. so now should i now install the fakesmc etc in my installer? thanks

EDIT: after successfully boot yosemite desktop and then install fake smc and nullcpu kext when i reboot it stuck in apple logo and after "no signal" gets black screen :(

oh its my fault sorry :( so do I need to install it again the yosemite cause i cant access now it freeze me in apple logo and gets black screen 

Please, give you Specification system... Your graphics card is nvidia?

Try boot with flag nv_disable=1 if you screen happend no signal

(In your profile, edit signature and write your hardware)

• Like 1

Please, give you Specification system... Your graphics card is nvidia?

Try boot with flag nv_disable=1 if you screen happend no signal

(In your profile, edit signature and write your hardware)

i already re install and it okay now..but I wondered why i don't have org.chameleon.boot.plist smbios.plist is it normal in yosemite? almost working now especially the graphics but one thing is no sound. :(

on Yosemite disk not installer, are installed one BootLoader? (Chameleon or Clover)

if you are chameleon on your Hdd you have one folder Extra and chameleonboot.plist is in the folder

if you ave installed clover you are Efi folder and in the folder you are clover folder and in the folder you are config.plist

Sorry for my very bad english... I'm french :(

• Like 2

I tested both the rc1 and both rc 2 kernels on my AMD FX 8120. All of the kernels allow me to boot to desktop. I have a nvidia 770 gtx and as soos as I hit the desktop with full acceleration I get a message saying that a graphics problem has been detected and then it creates a nvidia reboot event in console which crashes the desktop and restarts it. This happens every time I open finder or safari. I managed to open gpu test 0.6 once without finder crashing and I got 120 fps on the furmark test with default settings which is about 50 fps higher than what I ever got in mavericks. If I boot in safe mode my gpu is detected correctly and i have native resolution on both my 1080p monitors. Are these crashes kernel related? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated :). Basically I just want to know if this is a kernel bug or if its the graphics drivers?

AMD FX 8150

Kernel :- Bronya 10.10 rc1

AMD Radeon HD 6850

Boot only in safe mode

Normal mode gives White screen just like when we used to do rollback kext from lower version of mavericks.

It works with clover patch too but I can't boot with clover it stucks and give me kernel panic

I need suggestion on both methods if Kext replace then suggest me the kexts and if clover then help me in Clover Config.plist (if someone can upload his own)

Thank you Guys, you all are doing awesome work

:)

use IOPCI + ACPIP + IOUSBMass + IOUSB Maveriks 10.9/1 and UseKerneCache=No   ;)  -x = safemode (no CI/QE)

post your result http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302506-cinebench-r15-opengl-yosemite-1010/

Salut gils,

Pour le test il faut utiliser tout les kext de ton fichier kext M 13A603.zip?

Les resultat doivent etre ceux de cinebench? avec une config de base?

Merci :)

Hi gil ,

For the test to be used all of your kext kext file M 13A603.zip  ?

The result should be that of cinebench ? with a basic config ?

Thank you :)

Edit:

-x necessary? 

Edited by Skunk.34

AMD FX 8150

Kernel :- Bronya 10.10 rc1

AMD Radeon HD 6850

Boot only in safe mode

Normal mode gives White screen just like when we used to do rollback kext from lower version of mavericks.

It works with clover patch too but I can't boot with clover it stucks and give me kernel panic

I need suggestion on both methods if Kext replace then suggest me the kexts and if clover then help me in Clover Config.plist (if someone can upload his own)

Thank you Guys, you all are doing awesome work

I think Gils can help you with clover. kernel panic can occur when Clover shhould generated a dsdt and you also used your modified DSDT.aml, too. sure either be generated from clover or just use the DSDT.aml-not both use!

otherwise, create a picture of the kernel panic and load the IMAGE here.

Salut gils,

Pour le test il faut utiliser tout les kext de ton fichier kext M 13A603.zip?

Les resultat doivent etre ceux de cinebench? avec une config de base?

Merci :)

Hi gil ,

For the test to be used all of your kext kext file M 13A603.zip  ?

The result should be that of cinebench ? with a basic config ?

Thank you :)

Edit:

-x necessary? 

à partir du moment que tu changes ACPIP , il y a plein de kext  qui en dépendent mais est obligatoire pour IOPCI , donc , il te faut au moins les kext IOUSB et IOSBMass  si tu veux voir fonctionner tes USB , et il faut Chameleon avec flag UseKernelCache=No , le kernelcache bloque sinon ;) , par défaut Yosemite démarre sur le kernelcache et kernel .

dans le loading -v , tu verras tout les kext non chargés ;) et pas de -x (sans Extensions) , ce n'est pas le but :) 

from the time that you change CAPIC, there are plenty of kext that depend on but is mandatory for IOPCI, therefore, you need at least the kext IOUSB IOSBMass and if you want to see your USB function, and it takes Chameleon flag UseKernelCache = No, the blocks kernelcache otherwise;) default Yosemite kernelcache and starts on the kernel.

-v in the loading, you will see all the kext not loaded;) and no -x (without extensions), it is not the purpose :)
  • Like 2

Merci Gils pour ta reponse trés explicite!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Je test dés que j'ai un peu plus de temps car encore une fois à force de reset Yosemite bloque sur la roue aprés le mot de passe et les fichiers sont iréparables... donc réinstallation oblige...

Gils thank you for your very clear answer !!! :thumbsup_anim:
I test as soon as I have a little more time because once again to force reset Yosemite blocks on the wheel after the password and the files are iréparables ... therefore obliged to repeat the inastalation from the start .. .

• Like 1

HELP! I still can't bypass the white screen bug on my hack 10.10, tried absolutely everything but can only reach desktop in safeboot (-x)

can someone enlighten me?

(from 10.9.2 and above I did have to roll back the IOPCIFamily kext in order to fix the white screen but I'm pretty sure that 10.9.x kext is useless on 10.10)