HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

Hi guys.

I rarely ask for help but I seem to be stuck. I can't get past spinning beach ball of death after booting seemingly properly installed Yosemite.

Things I've done so far:

• made installation media according to a guide from Tutorials forum, I've replaced kernel of course and copied FakeSMC and NullACPI after installation
  • no issue booting until GUI, that was the first time I've encountered this issue
  • added SSDT and kexts from rampagedev
  • I tried removing kexts, adding patched AppleRTC
  • various boot parameters (ncpi, PCIRootUID, GraphicsEnabler, -f)

Once I completly borked that install beyond repair I used Pandora installer

• added/removed/patched all recommended desktop kexts (stuff I did manually before)
  • changed kernel
  • for now I've stopped messing with until I know what I'm doing

Currently I'm booting with npci=0x3000, PCIRootUID=1 kext-dev-mode=1 which seemed enough to boot installation media. Still, I'm stuck at grey screen with spinning beach ball of death. It's not frozen, it's spinning, if it helps. Any suggestions?

ps.

AMD FX-6300

Asrock Extreme 3 970

AMD Radeon HD7850

With swap Gt640 npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=2 hdmi no signal...

With npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=2 it's perfect!!!

Gils thank you my friend for your help!!!!!!!

:) 

Hi guys.

I rarely ask for help but I seem to be stuck. I can't get past spinning beach ball of death after booting seemingly properly installed Yosemite.

Things I've done so far:

• made installation media according to a guide from Tutorials forum, I've replaced kernel of course and copied FakeSMC and NullACPI after installation
  • no issue booting until GUI, that was the first time I've encountered this issue
  • added SSDT and kexts from rampagedev
  • I tried removing kexts, adding patched AppleRTC
  • various boot parameters (ncpi, PCIRootUID, GraphicsEnabler, -f)

Once I completly borked that install beyond repair I used Pandora installer

• added/removed/patched all recommended desktop kexts (stuff I did manually before)
  • changed kernel
  • for now I've stopped messing with until I know what I'm doing

Currently I'm booting with npci=0x3000, PCIRootUID=1 kext-dev-mode=1 which seemed enough to boot installation media. Still, I'm stuck at grey screen with spinning beach ball of death. It's not frozen, it's spinning, if it helps. Any suggestions?

ps.

AMD FX-6300

Asrock Extreme 3 970

AMD Radeon HD7850

Yes , my HD 7950 no works :(   screen white :( 

disable IOBluetooth ? 

Thank you Gils!!

I don't know explain in english but my problem is hardest...

For the Gtx 750 Ti Yosemite must be installed for Nvidia WebDriver and Cuda no?

I'll swap with a 640 Gt Yosemite to install and once installed Cuda WebDriver and I would give the GTX 750 Ti

Wait and see!!

Hi Skunk.34 install this new WebDriver-343.01.02b01.pkg for Yosemite for your GTX 750 Ti

http://www.root86.com/files/file/500-webdriver-3430102b01pkg/

• Like 1

Thank you Spakk!! :thumbsup_anim:

One first time i try to put the kernel after instal on sytem/library but transmac don't write on this disk but on other it's ok... Edit: Transmac=>tool/setting/disk drive and select Read/write

What boot with flag for use kernel on usb stick and start other HDD ?

Edit:

My Usb stick is hd0,1...

If i put flag: hd0,1=/kernel it's good?

Edited by Skunk.34

This is the last thing visible before it boots to desktop and stops at the still spinning beach ball. It boots ok with -x but obviously that's not a solution.attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1415749704502.jpg

You probably need this IOPCIFamily, install with Kext Helper for Yosemite and reboot. Theres also a Clover patch as well for it.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302075-amd-yosemite-kernel-testing-for-help-use-the-help-topic/page-6?do=findComment&comment=2083624

hello all ,   :)

je fais appel à vos connaissances , je n'arrives pas à trouver ce problème de screen white avec (M5A97pro uefi/8350/7950) sur Yosemite et les versions antérieurs OSX (10.9.4/5) et j'ai exactement le même problème avec une HD 6850/kabini carte mère uefi également , le problème ne vient pas de la carte graphique car elle fonctionne correctement sur de vieille plateforme AMD K9 et  Intel G41 !? 

En démarrant en -x , j'ai noté une erreur AppleOSXWathdog.kext dans Console ??!! si quelqu'un a une idée .

Merci .

hello,

I appeal to your knowledge, I do not manage to find the problem with white screen (M5A97pro UEFI / 8350/7950) on Yosemite and earlier (/ 5 10.9.4) OSX versions and I have exactly the same problem with a 6850 HD / UEFI motherboard also Kabini, the problem is not the graphics card because it works fine on old platform Intel G41 and AMD K9?

Starting in -x, I noticed a mistake in AppleOSXWathdog.kext Console ?? !! if someone has an idea.

look Mavericks 10.9 works oob !! 

post-1093405-0-13233800-1415756229_thumb.png

post-1093405-0-68679500-1415756255_thumb.png

post-1093405-0-10092800-1415756273_thumb.png

post-1093405-0-58896500-1415756299_thumb.png

• Like 1

You probably need this IOPCIFamily, install with Kext Helper for Yosemite and reboot. Theres also a Clover patch as well for it.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302075-amd-yosemite-kernel-testing-for-help-use-the-help-topic/page-6?do=findComment&comment=2083624

Thanks, this made boot progress a bit, up to login screen. 90% of time it spins a beach ball after typing password, sometimes it gets to desktop but works without qe/ci. PCI IDs for my GPU (HD7850) were in stock kexts so it should work out of the box. What could be wrong?

any solution ??

fx 6300 w/ bronya kernel

bootflag: -v -f npci=0x2000 UseKernelCache=No kext-dev-mode=1

image.png

Hi xeocacad,

Can you please provide more detail and while I have you can you please add your full system specs to your signature.

Are you booting from a USB? Have you tried the boot flag "USBBusFix=Yes"? are you using a vanilla corecrypto.kext ? Otherwise if those are the sam results try the "GenericUSBXHCI.kext" kext

Kind regards

Duran

• Like 1

@xeocacad
If it should not work with USBBusFix = Yes, so check your BISO settings if everything is set correctly for OS X. If that does not work, so create a DSDT and patch all USB fixes and boats with the DSDT

good luck!

• Like 1

hello all ,   :)

je fais appel à vos connaissances , je n'arrives pas à trouver ce problème de screen white avec (M5A97pro uefi/8350/7950) sur Yosemite et les versions antérieurs OSX (10.9.4/5) et j'ai exactement le même problème avec une HD 6850/kabini carte mère uefi également , le problème ne vient pas de la carte graphique car elle fonctionne correctement sur de vieille plateforme AMD K9 et  Intel G41 !? 

En démarrant en -x , j'ai noté une erreur AppleOSXWathdog.kext dans Console ??!! si quelqu'un a une idée .

Merci .

hello,

I appeal to your knowledge, I do not manage to find the problem with white screen (M5A97pro UEFI / 8350/7950) on Yosemite and earlier (/ 5 10.9.4) OSX versions and I have exactly the same problem with a 6850 HD / UEFI motherboard also Kabini, the problem is not the graphics card because it works fine on old platform Intel G41 and AMD K9?

Starting in -x, I noticed a mistake in AppleOSXWathdog.kext Console ?? !! if someone has an idea.

look Mavericks 10.9 works oob !! 

up

thank :) 

... I am not yet come to start my AMD Hackintosh Regarding to post here the details of Cinebench R15... sory, Gils :(

Hi Gils, it's possible the framework used for default on Ati kext is not good... Have you tested other framework? 

For me on yosemite downloaded on AppStore, Nvidia driver Joke because 343.01.01f03 Not compatible and no update available...

But WebDriver-343.01.02b01 not compatible too... only for 10.10.1

Actualy i've installed webdriver 343.01.01f03 and cuda 6.5.18 and on Gtx 750 Ti with nv_drive=1 PCIRootUID= 0, 1, 2, 3 and 4 boot on desktop but hdmi and dvi no signal... :(

I don't understand for what... :wallbash:

Hi Gils, it's possible the framework used for default on Ati kext is not good... Have you tested other framework? 

For me on yosemite downloaded on AppStore, Nvidia driver Joke because 343.01.01f03 Not compatible and no update available...

Actualy i've installed webdriver 343.01.01f03 and cuda 6.5.18 and on Gtx 750 Ti with nv_drive=1 PCIRootUID= 0, 1, 2, 3 and 4 boot on desktop but hdmi and dvi no signal... :(

no the graphics card works on the old motherboard PCIE x16 :(  (no uefi)

for NV , i don't know  ..........

here an addendum to the web driver:

WebDriver-343.01.02b01 works only for Yosemite 10.10.1

This driver update is only for Mac Pro 5,1 (2010), Mac Pro 4,1 (2009) and Mac Pro 3,1 (2008)  Note -> this is a BETA Drivers

SMBios switch to Mac Pro 5.1 otherwise the driver may not be installed.

Edited by spakk

tu es dieux le père !!! j'aurais jamais cru que ça marche !!! :yoji:

seulement , il y a beaucoup de kext à remplacer qui dépendent de ACPIPlaform Mavericks , impressionnant , je vais faire un mkext de ceux ML 10.9 (13A603)

Merci hervé ;)

you are the father gods !!! I never thought that it works !!! :yoji:

only, there is a lot of kext to replace dependent ACPIPlaform Mavericks, awesome, I'll make a mkext those ML 10.9 (13A603)

Herve thank you ;)

I can say that it might work. I rolled back this kext and got past spinning beach ball. USB doesn't work at all now but it's a start.

I can say that it might work. I rolled back this kext and got past spinning beach ball. USB doesn't work at all now but it's a start.

il faut récupérer tout ce qui dépend de ACPIP de Mavericks , les usb en font partis ;) we need to get everything depends ACPIP's Mavericks, usb make parties ; boot -v for see kext no loading and you list kext ;) 

résultat :) 

kabini_10.10.mp4.zip

• Like 1