HELP TOPIC - further help in chat.osx86.hu/#legacykernel (IRC)

SL ML AMD APU FX Bulldozer

• Please log in to reply
2044 replies to this topic

Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Well, now I have found how to reach the install screen, but when it finishes the installation, it shows an error, its more or less: it couldnt set the boot disk, bless program.. Blabla.. or something like that. I dont know exactly, I set the installer in spanish.

So, I need help at this point, I dont know what to do.

`Dont' worry about the boot disk. reboot from the installer and from the boot menu select the installed partition.

MadMungo

MadMungo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Hey guys I got ML running on my machine at last.

I had to remake the USB image manually as I found by searching the net it is caused by a bad image. Using myhack to create the USB image always had me crashing the installer after selecting the disk.

Now all I am trying to get working is the HD 5970 with QE/CI, booting ok at a set resolution only. Am mucking about with evoenabler, graphics enabler disabling second GPU etc, but cannot get it working yet.

I must admit there is an awfully long time between seeing [IOBluetoothHCIController][Start] -- completed and it showing the desktop.

To all you guys that have made suggestions etc especially Bitcore, I thank you, as it was you guys that kept me trying things and not just settling for using Snow Leopard.

Hello,

I have a Problem Lion 10.7.4 on the hard drive to install.It comes ever a crach when i wants to install on the hard drive in the selection menu.

Here the crachreport.I hope you can help me.

Installation log 16-Jan-2013.txt]

Gismo, you may have a bad install image. Remake it again and retry.

That is what was causing my Installer crash with ML.

Deltac0

Deltac0

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Caffeine, OS X, AMD Hackintosh
I'm just saying, congratulations to everyone who has got it running / even been trying!
Your posts will help other people with same setup, so I suggest you all to post at the Working Builds topic!

:)

Tyler Worth

Tyler Worth

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Welcome! You have a really solid system for running OSX on. Just boot nawcom ModCD with 'arch=i386 maxmem=4096 busratio=21 npci=0x2000 -v'. That should get you to the installer. Check out this thread http://www.insanelym...lations-on-amd/. If you have anymore questions post them in there.

The only downfall of your system at the moment is the GTX 550. It will not work at full resolution or with hardware acceleration in SL because there is no support for it. In ML there are currently problems with nvidia gpus, you can get full resolution but there will be no hardware acceleration.

So I can do it on my desktop great! I will try it tomorrow. After work I using another thread on making a bootable usb. I do not have any dual layer dvd

unimatrix725

unimatrix725

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

I will always be notified and asked how to install Mountain Lion

If you have a runnable Intel Mountain Lion or Lion or Snow Leopard. Then you create a clone with CCC or SuperDruper. Alternatively, you can create a with MyHack over an runable OSX a USB Install.
It does not matter how you do it. It is here in the forums on repeatedly.
Then you must place the modified corocrypto.kext and Decrypter from Sinetec/Andy Vandijk and some drivers for AMD to S / L / E and in the end one of the test kernels to install here recently Sinetek or Andy Vandijk. You need something to read from page 50 in detail here has been written and tested. It is very important. Always depending on what hardware you have.There are some variations on how to successfully do an install.
please use either the forum for your questions, or visit us at irc chat.osx86.hu #LegacyKernel here you get all the information you need.
Or you can look here:
http://www.insanelym...working-builds/

oups, Deltaco
I see we have similar questions :worried_anim: :trumpet:

Just FYI my system is running!

It is very surprising, my system is running only with a org.chameleon.boot.plist.boot quite a strange ending! but it is, when I remove *. boot at the end, so It get PCI configuration begin, how should a normal mortal understand now??? Posted Image

Edit:

all test kernels of Sinetek can be found here: https://meklort.com/~sinet3k/
if you like use the test kernel of Andy Vandijck then takes the last amd_kernel from 7.1.2013 and the SinetekBronzovkAnVoodoo_rc4.diff File + libcrypto.dlyb File ( put the dylib -file in to usr/lib/)
Good Luck!

I did find an odd issue with a double .plist was that you or conti that posted it? There seems to ne some issues under ML when editing the plist file. It wants to duplicate it. Plist Edit Pro must have a bug cause I said cancel and it made 2 of them anyway... Related???

Welcome! You have a really solid system for running OSX on. Just boot nawcom ModCD with 'arch=i386 maxmem=4096 busratio=21 npci=0x2000 -v'. That should get you to the installer. Check out this thread http://www.insanelym...lations-on-amd/. If you have anymore questions post them in there.

The only downfall of your system at the moment is the GTX 550. It will not work at full resolution or with hardware acceleration in SL because there is no support for it. In ML there are currently problems with nvidia gpus, you can get full resolution but there will be no hardware acceleration.

Can you give any tips on the GTX 550? I do have a 560 and ML completely has a fit with it. GE Yes=Drop back to console with rebooting and No=No video at all just a black screen. My 9500 however will work in safe mode. No go with the 560 in safe mode either. Tried with the x.8.2 drivers then tried Retail-304.00.05f02-macosx in the mix and it would never boot at all. Found out it was causig login window to {censored} out.

Bitcore

Bitcore

AMD Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:Producing Music
Hi all,

It's really nice to see that there are a lot fx users who can finally boot ML :)
Right now, i'm running 10.8.2 :)
If you need any help, PM me or join the IRC channel.
Compared to some other members, i know nothing about osx86.
But as i'm working on de osx/fx combination for months now, i might be able to help you(;

Cheers!

Mini tutorial like thing for the FX processors:

1. Get a copy of iAtkos ML2
2. In a working version of osx, plug in your USB device and mount the iAtkos image.
3. Go to disk utility, go to restore, and drag your usb to destination and the mounted image to source.
4. Then after finished restoring , install this : http://updo.nl/file/8c4871d6.zip (Set install location to you iAtkos USB Drive)
5. When that one is finished, copy this kernel : http://updo.nl/file/0cc60991.zip to the root of your USB Device.
6. Boot from the USB drive using: npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0 -v -f
7. Profit :)

Edited by iPoco, 21 January 2013 - 11:00 PM.
No direct or indirect links to torrents

dongyue1992

dongyue1992

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
CPU:A8-4500M,I got instant reboots when loaded kexts,boot flags such as busratio,-f,-arch=x64_86,npci=0x2000 is not use for me,still reboot,please help me

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,833 posts
Try this kernel for FX CPUs by sinetek: http://updo.nl/file/84c43a32.zip

instant idiot

instant idiot

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
Theconnactic, can you link me to Sinetek's OP of that kernel so I can add it to my Kernel Database? It's 10.8.2, right?

Gismo

Gismo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Hello,

I have iATKOS 10.8.2 installed when I boot the installed system,comes "Decrypted block looks like" has anyone an idea as?

Bootflag is "npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0 -v -f"

Posted Image

MadMungo

MadMungo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Hello,

I have iATKOS 10.8.2 installed when I boot the installed system,comes "Decrypted block looks like" has anyone an idea as?

Posted Image

Is that where it is stalling?

Try to boot with amd_kernel busratio=20 fsb=200 cpus=8 npci=0x2000 -v GraphicsEnabler=No

I can Install ML with the above boot flags and setup the user fine but after that I get a white screen.

I have pretty much the exact same hardware as you, MB, CPU & Ram, only difference is the GFX card. ATI instead of Nvidia

Did you copy over the files from this rollback for 10.8.0_with System.kexts.zip to your install media.

Madmungo

Edited by MadMungo, 19 January 2013 - 06:05 AM.

MadMungo

MadMungo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Theconnactic, can you link me to Sinetek's OP of that kernel so I can add it to my Kernel Database? It's 10.8.2, right?

It is Sineteks AMD test 1 Kernel, It is the same on supplied to you by Bitcore in the Database of Current Working AMD Kernels thread.

instant idiot

instant idiot

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
I know, but where's the OP?

Gismo

Gismo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Is that where it is stalling?

Try to boot with amd_kernel busratio=20 fsb=200 cpus=8 npci=0x2000 -v GraphicsEnabler=No

I can Install ML with the above boot flags and setup the user fine but after that I get a white screen.

I have pretty much the exact same hardware as you, MB, CPU & Ram, only difference is the GFX card. ATI instead of Nvidia

Did you copy over the files from this rollback for 10.8.0_with System.kexts.zip to your install media.

Madmungo

Hi,

Yes it stops where the photo is.I have your Bootflag taken.It is the same error.Yes I have the rollback for 10.8.0_with System.kexts.zip taken.

I will later times sinetek be Kernel try.

regards

Bitcore

Bitcore

AMD Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Hello,

Posted Image

Oke so here you go:
1. Open your ML HDD on a working OSX.
2. Install this package , and set install location to your ML HDD
3. Then download this kext and put it in the following folder of your ML HDD: System->Libary->Extensions.
4. Just let it overwrite the file.
5. Then open Disk Utility, which is in the Utilities folder, which is in your application folder.
6. Select your HDD and under the "first aid" tab click on "repair permissions" (lower left corner)
7. Once that is finished you will probably be able to boot :)

If not please tell me!

Bitcore

Gismo

Gismo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Hi Bitcore,

now comes a other message on the screen and stops.

Posted Image

Bitcore

Bitcore

AMD Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Im not at home right now, I will tell you what to do when i'm home.

kyh3im

kyh3im

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Hello, I have some problem with sinetec_pp 10.6.8 amd kernel. After then my system booted, my mouse and keyboard don't make any affect on desktop (desktop is not freezed, i can see how my dropbox syncs ).
Arguments like -x didn't help
I had patched dydl like it says here bud had errors
amd_insn_patcher /usr/lib/libSystem.B_profile.dylib pat/libSystem.B_profile.dylib
Patching universal binary (3 architectures)
Patching X86_64 part (processor 16777223, architecture 0)
No code signature found, skipping patch
Patch report (1): 0 instructions patched, 437 bad instructions, patches bypassed: NO
Patching I386 part (processor 7, architecture 1)
No code signature found, skipping patch
Patch report (2): 0 instructions patched, 33 bad instructions, patches bypassed: NO
Skipping non-Intel architecture (2)
No patches found, not generating output file
now i have only 2 files without errors (dyld and libSystem.B_profile.dylib). I did it by using amd_insn_patcher V1.03

Bitcore

Bitcore

AMD Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Hi Bitcore,

now comes a other message on the screen and stops.

Posted Image

So the only thing left should be replacing these kexts with the same in System/Libary/Extensions,
After that fix the permissions again and it should boot..

unimatrix725

unimatrix725

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

So the only thing left should be replacing these kexts with the same in System/Libary/Extensions,
After that fix the permissions again and it should boot..

I went to kexts folder and removed everything beginning with AppleIntel, since we are AMD no big deal....? Worked for me and a side note the newest FakeSMC has a issue. (I use version 4.0). I also have not patched a dylib since Snow Leopard.
Bitcore can you tell me what has changed in the kexts you posted or a link to that info. I am very curious as I use only the acpi one.
Now if SomeOne could squash the nvidia driver bugs!

I have figured it out thanks to "conti" as faer as boot without safemode with nvidia card on mountain lion. Will post in the Working Builds soon.

Edited by unimatrix725, 19 January 2013 - 08:47 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SL, ML, AMD, APU, FX, Bulldozer

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy