HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

Yes.  I've tried Pro Tools 9,10 and 11 now, finally got 10 to run but ran into an iLok authorization issue.  I thought I wouldn't need it to run a trial version, but I guess you do.  

My buddy needs some help recovering some old Pro Tools projects, and I run Logic in my studio, so I figured I'd just install Pro Tools long enough to bounce his projects and call it a day, but I guess it's not gonna be that easy.  I certainly don't plan on buying a $700 license just to run the software for an afternoon LOL

If anyone knows a way to run Pro Tools 10 without an iLok, I'd be very interested.  Thanks guys! 

I have to check, I'm only on weekends at home, then I can test. I have a original version of my son works. must go see what version it is. I suspect the current version. I will get in contact with you.

Hello i am following osx86 on amd from a few months/years and it seems it is becoming better and better thanks to all involved!

Lets go to the point if someone can help me.

My USB boot fine until "dsmos has arrived"

1 way:

Without touching anything in s/l/e and boot args:"GraphicsEnabler=no/yes(same result) npci=0x2000

My screen go to sleep mode...

2 way:

Removing nvda50hal (or something like that) from s/l/e and same boot args=

Stuck on verbose and last line about nvethernet linkstatus not active and hang on there...

I am sure i am very close to boot it!

So again thanks alot to those involved and if someone could help me dig it up i would be so happy!

post-1165304-13874581612314_thumb.jpg

This one is without the kext

Hello i am following osx86 on amd from a few months/years and it seems it is becoming better and better thanks to all involved!

Lets go to the point if someone can help me.

My USB boot fine until "dsmos has arrived"

1 way:

Without touching anything in s/l/e and boot args:"GraphicsEnabler=no/yes(same result) npci=0x2000

My screen go to sleep mode...

2 way:

Removing nvda50hal (or something like that) from s/l/e and same boot args=

Stuck on verbose and last line about nvethernet linkstatus not active and hang on there...

I am sure i am very close to boot it!

So again thanks alot to those involved and if someone could help me dig it up i would be so happy!

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1387458158.389549.jpg

This one is without the kext

remove Bluetooth kext driver and ethernet driver from System /Library / Extensions /

if you installed with myhack then check myhack.kext / contents / plugins

possibly is a driver that is already installed in System / Library / Extensions /  ????

then reboot your system with -f

Edit:

edit the Nvidia driver with your vendor ID and device ID and add  the efi string for your video card in your Chameleon.boot.plist . furthermore create a rom-file your graphics card and install it into /extraand make the entry in chameleon.boot.plist so that it is loaded up at boot

EDIT:

but all that what is written here does not belong here!!

please write such dialogues here  ---->

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285760-help-topic-further-help-in-chatosx86hulegacykernel-irc/page-92

Edited by spakk
  • Like 1

you've made progress, that makes me happy. now you are nearing your destination :thumbsup_anim:

make with Disk Utility your USB stick, it may be that create an error when the USB stick is been created from myhack. further suppose that extra folder of gils  ( see here 

#1711 icon_share.png   and here      #1721 icon_share.png

as a base and add your chameleon.boot.plist into the extra folder. then boats with the usb-stick.

then your installation should work :yes:

good luck!

have you installed the latest update for protools?

Ive notice that this is one of the errors.. 

ERROR: MMIO regMap == NULL - fall back to old SMC mode

I had the same problem. Gils83 tell me: Use clover. This works for me!!!!!

Most of the time it's graphics related as it's not getting signal, as alternative can try another port or frame buffer. Since it is a FX it will most have UEFI motherboard which clover will benefit from.

Most of the time it's graphics related as it's not getting signal, as alternative can try another port or frame buffer. Since it is a FX it will most have UEFI motherboard which clover will benefit from.

The black screen comes after the kexts are loaded

Like I said graphics related, Clover & Chameleon are preloaded with a framebuffer. Wrong config will most of the time not send a signal to the monitor when it gets to the desktop....

How do you change Clover's framebuffer?

EDIT: I've noticed OS X hates sata disc drives, is there a way to make it work correctly?

Hey,

I use sineteks v6 Kernel. Everything works quite nice for me, but my hardware shows me a wrong L3-Cache (48kb instate of 6mb). Does it make any difference?! Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you guys  :lol:

nope, just a cosmetic detail

• Like 2

Ok, here's a semi-disappointing attempt on my HP Pavilion G6-1d98dx, with AMD A6-3420M APU w/ Radeon HD 6520G.

I created my USB installer the old fashioned way, and instead of Chameleon (because the HDD wasn't recognized, I installed Clover because I read that's my best bet since you can't change to AHCI on these laptops. Note that I have absolutely NO experience with Clover. Now with Chameleon, it gets to the installer extremely fast, but no HDD. With Clover, instant KP. I put essential kexts in the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9, and I'm using Bronya's latest kernel. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?  Here's a pic of the panic: PS: I know I should've used GraphicsEnabler=No, that was just a kicks and giggles try.

IMG_20131222_163832.jpg

Ok, here's a semi-disappointing attempt on my HP Pavilion G6-1d98dx, with AMD A6-3420M APU w/ Radeon HD 6520G.

I created my USB installer the old fashioned way, and instead of Chameleon (because the HDD wasn't recognized, I installed Clover because I read that's my best bet since you can't change to AHCI on these laptops. Note that I have absolutely NO experience with Clover. Now with Chameleon, it gets to the installer extremely fast, but no HDD. With Clover, instant KP. I put essential kexts in the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9, and I'm using Bronya's latest kernel. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?  Here's a pic of the panic: PS: I know I should've used GraphicsEnabler=No, that was just a kicks and giggles try.

IMG_20131222_163832.jpg

try to boot with last BRONYA_ANV_SINETEK_R5 Amd Kernel

Used the BRONYA_ANV_SINETEK_R5 Amd Kernel from the link I posted above and it looks like I get the same panic:

Kernel Panic message slightly differently.

remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from S/L/E

install FakeSMC.kext latest version for Mavericks in S/L/E or Extra/Extensions

install NullpowerManagement.kext in S/L/E or Extra/Extensions

if you have installed with Myhack should, check the kext S/L/E /MyHack.kext/contents/plugins possibly the same driver in S/L/E then remove the driver into MyHack.kext/contents/plugins

Very important after install each kext driver start kext wizard or kext utility start!! then re-boot your system
Edited by spakk

Kernel Panic message slightly differently.

remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from S/L/E

install FakeSMC.kext latest version for Mavericks in S/L/E or Extra/Extensions

install NullpowerManagement.kext in S/L/E or Extra/Extensions

if you have installed with Myhack should, check the kext S/L/E /MyHack.kext/contents/plugins possibly the same driver in S/L/E then remove the driver into MyHack.kext/contents/plugins

Very important after install each kext driver start kext wizard or kext utility start!! then re-boot your system

Thanks, tried what you said, she's still panicing. Also, I made the usb installer manually this time, myHack installs Chameleon and I needed to use Clover on this laptop.

IMG_20131223_141022.jpg