HELP TOPIC - further help in chat.osx86.hu/#legacykernel (IRC)

SL ML AMD APU FX Bulldozer

• Please log in to reply
2055 replies to this topic

marl

marl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:*Nix, Java & Hack!

I don't wanna sounds desperate but the fact is, I give up trying to make my 5570 (0x675F1002) QE/CI enabled.

Now I just trying my onboard GeForce 7025/nForce 630a QE/CI enabled.

this is my detail.

h89zc9f.png

1. AMD II X2 240.
  2. 10.8.4

Manually inject 0x03D610de&0xffe0ffff to NVDAGF100Hal.kext

boot with GE=Y/N

stuck at  macx_swapon SUCCESS (waited for about 30 minutes and nothing changes)

Am I doing it wrong?

or there's no onboard gpu support on amd?

NOMAD8459

NOMAD8459

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Aviation, FSX, Electronics, Music, Travel, Railways, Guitar, Drums

Hi, I have been wanting to hackintosh for ages, but its taken me a while to get my PC nice and stable, its a self build and had issues with an old power supply, so I am quite a noob really. Having said that I have gleaned a lot of information from where I can.

Mmmmm, the GTX295 is an interesting card, not read much about this beast to be honest, it does say in some blurb that it is "like" SLI, whether that gets you past the no SLI on mac I do not know, am sure the card will show up, If my custom GTX470 can.

SL is Snow leopard and ML is Mountain LIon, it is something that had me wondering as well, not to be confused with S/L/E which is the path on the root of your HD to the system/library/extensions folder.....

If I can help, just shout.

I have written a full step by step guide at the end of my post here on how I got fully functioning Snow leopard 10.6.8

http://www.insanelym...ssor-ha-i-know/

The way I got my GTX 470 to work properly was to edit the AGPM kext, copy it to your desktop, find out what your computer is listed as, either mac mini or mac pro or whatever, find this in the long list of devices within the plist, then edit the device vendor id to match your card on one of the listings, if your mac mini or mac pro or whatever is not listed then edit an existing one to what your system profiler states that you have, now in the AGPM are a load of power states, many of them refer to NVIDIA cards, and so can be changed quite easilly to match an NVIDIA card, not sure what to do with AMD but then there are MACS with AMD cards too. Check the device vendors in the list to see if any are AMD and use that one for your amendments. Edit using text editor then save, then drag and drop the kext onto "Kext Utility" available on #####. Then fix permissions on disk.

Also of course I installed cuda drivers, rebooted and then manually installed nvidia drivers for mac from their driver package.

Then I  used Chamelon Wizard to update the bootloader on the boot drive to its latest version, using the download option, after this and after setting GraphicsEnabler=Yes, "Graphics Mode"="1920x1080x32@60"  then my GTX470 showed up listed as a GTX470 with 1280mb of VRAM.

The combination of the two seemed to get everything working ok, but this was on Snow Leopard.

So step by step....

Open S/L/E then find AGPM kext, highlight it, right click, copy and save to your desktop.

Once there, right click again and click, show package contents.

Then open the Plist.info version file or something using text editor.

Find within the long list the heading that matches your mac mini or mac pro or imac or whatever.

Alter the device vendor ID to whatever you have, check system profiler, if it says 0x06cd like mine does then you just need to insert the 06cd at the end where it says device vendor, AMD may be different.

These low and high thresholds are the shifts in power states that a NVIDIA Gpu has, these I altered to suit my card after finding a post on a GTX470.

Save the plist once completed, basically, your device vendor ID and the computer type in the AGPM should match your own system.

Drag and drop the kext onto Kext utility, let it run.

Open Chameleon wizard, install new bootloader with latest downloaded version.

CamBlack

CamBlack

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

After an all nighter and nearly pulling my hair out, I have successfully completed my first ever Hackintosh install. I've installed ML on my Phenom II X4 830 system. 

Of course since I have a GTX560 (non ti) the only way I can get in is with -x

I'm aware of the issues with Nvidia cards, but after reading over in the testing thread I see that some users have gotten their cards working. This might be a long shot, but any advice on getting my GTX560 going so graphics are at least usable? 

Thanks in advance. 

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,901 posts

No, you have to either wait for a fix or install Lion 10.7.5.

All the best!

Duran Keeley

Duran Keeley

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 342 posts

Might be a kernel problem but can anyone try Adobe After Effects CC, crashes on my system....

SirFoxx

SirFoxx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hi, I have been wanting to hackintosh for ages, but its taken me a while to get my PC nice and stable, its a self build and had issues with an old power supply, so I am quite a noob really. Having said that I have gleaned a lot of information from where I can.

Mmmmm, the GTX295 is an interesting card, not read much about this beast to be honest, it does say in some blurb that it is "like" SLI, whether that gets you past the no SLI on mac I do not know, am sure the card will show up, If my custom GTX470 can.

SL is Snow leopard and ML is Mountain LIon, it is something that had me wondering as well, not to be confused with S/L/E which is the path on the root of your HD to the system/library/extensions folder.....

If I can help, just shout.

I have written a full step by step guide at the end of my post here on how I got fully functioning Snow leopard 10.6.8

http://www.insanelym...ssor-ha-i-know/

Ok so I got the installer to work-Horray!!! However, after it is installed, it starts to load everything, and the furthest I got was it started the sound service (loud pop with speakers) and then black screen and reset. I've been reinstalling trying different options, but no luck. Sometimes I get a kernel panic with the com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFAMILY, which I think means it has to do with my videocard? I do have a old PCI sound card in my computer, but could that be affecting my startup? As for boot flags, I have to use "cpus=1 busratio=20 maxmem=4096 -v -f" and it starts the installer just fine. Not so much with the actual OS. If I can get it so the audio pops again, I will let you know what options I have enabled to get it that far. i know I am using the quoopz 10.3.0 kernel and the RC5 bootloader with some msc. drivers.

Edit: I have a picture of the kernel panic for anyone that is interested in helping. If you need it so it isn't as bright, let me know.

2013-07-13_02-47-03_229_zps19c5d631.jpg

spakk

spakk

If you try to please everyone, then you have certainly forgotten

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Ok so I got the installer to work-Horray!!! However, after it is installed, it starts to load everything, and the furthest I got was it started the sound service (loud pop with speakers) and then black screen and reset. I've been reinstalling trying different options, but no luck. Sometimes I get a kernel panic with the com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFAMILY, which I think means it has to do with my videocard? I do have a old PCI sound card in my computer, but could that be affecting my startup? As for boot flags, I have to use "cpus=1 busratio=20 maxmem=4096 -v -f" and it starts the installer just fine. Not so much with the actual OS. If I can get it so the audio pops again, I will let you know what options I have enabled to get it that far. i know I am using the quoopz 10.3.0 kernel and the RC5 bootloader with some msc. drivers.

Edit: I have a picture of the kernel panic for anyone that is interested in helping. If you need it so it isn't as bright, let me know.

2013-07-13_02-47-03_229_zps19c5d631.jpg

use the roollback from the previous Mountain Lion version (IOPCIFamily.kext)

SirFoxx

SirFoxx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

use the roollback from the previous Mountain Lion version (IOPCIFamily.kext)

This may be a noobish question, but how do I do that..? Also, I guess I should have said that I am using the iATKOS_S3_version2.iso which is the modified Snow Leopard.

NOMAD8459

NOMAD8459

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Aviation, FSX, Electronics, Music, Travel, Railways, Guitar, Drums

Try npci=0x2000 and also try either PCIRootUID=1 or 0 boot flags

DId you say that you have got the installer working??

Are you now trying to boot into it for the first time?

I always seem to get a similar panic, ie 14 page fault etc, when I try to allow it to boot without maxmem=4096, but it could still be the npci flag.

Are you installing sound options? I didn't install any, VoodooHDA 2.8.2 installed downloaded and installed afterwards worked for me.

I have got rid of my cpus=1 bootflag now that I have it all installed and it using all six cores. For initial boots keep the cpus=1. AMD 1090T X6 running at 3.86Ghz all cores...

The npci=0x2000 I am still using and it can be important, also the PCIRootUID can be essential for some installs.

My bootflags for first boot were cpus=1 busratio=19 npci=0x2000 maxmem=4096 -v -f

I installed several times trying different options but in the end a very basic option seemed to work best, I didn't install any sound or video options and just selected the kernel and the bootloader really, this seemed to give me the boot.

Make sure all the fake smc and rtc kexts are being installed, the default Iatkos options, you need these for sure. Alls I did was change bootloader selection to RC5 and use Quoopz then deselect the sound options. 

Iatkos does say that if it installs, you will be able to run it, we just have to get you in there now, do some fixing afterwards maybe.

Good luck

NOMAD8459

NOMAD8459

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

screen.pngcinebench.png

marl

marl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:*Nix, Java & Hack!

a bit confusing seeing this post without quote >.<

maybe there's a quote button for another reason.

SirFoxx

SirFoxx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Try npci=0x2000 and also try either PCIRootUID=1 or 0 boot flags

DId you say that you have got the installer working??

Are you now trying to boot into it for the first time?

I always seem to get a similar panic, ie 14 page fault etc, when I try to allow it to boot without maxmem=4096, but it could still be the npci flag.

The npci=0x2000 I am still using and it can be important, also the PCIRootUID can be essential for some installs.

My bootflags for first boot were cpus=1 busratio=19 npci=0x2000 maxmem=4096 -v -f

I installed several times trying different options but in the end a very basic option seemed to work best, I didn't install any sound or video options and just selected the kernel and the bootloader really, this seemed to give me the boot.

Make sure all the fake smc and rtc kexts are being installed, the default Iatkos options, you need these for sure. Alls I did was change bootloader selection to RC5 and use Quoopz then deselect the sound options. 

Iatkos does say that if it installs, you will be able to run it, we just have to get you in there now, do some fixing afterwards maybe.

Good luck

Sorry I wasn't super clear on what I did with the installer. I reinstalled MacOSX with the RC5 loader, quoopz 10.3.0, and the default patches minus the sound. For boot flags, I use " cpus=1 busratio=20 npci=0x2000 maxmem=4096 PCIRootUID=1/0 -v -f". Few things--With the RootUID set to one, it makes my system almost immediately crash when it starts to load Mac OSX (Yes, I am trying to get it to boot for the first time ever). With it set to 0, it makes it almost to the screen after all the loading, black screen then reboot. That was when the Audio Driver would kick in, but the OS failed to load, causing a reset. When I try -x for safe mode, I get another different kernel panic. I can get into single user mode( -s ) but not too sure what to do from there. If I can get this all to work, I would be so happy to make a video since the FX series is still kinda new to the whole OSX86 thing, in a sense..Sure some people have gotten it to work with their FX, but I dont have the same hardware as them. Also, what does the npci=0x2000 thing do?

p.s. In the picture, if you cannot see what the panic is, it is a "pmap_steal_memory"@........Again, IMO it is hard to read what it says..so if you need me to try to lower the brightness, lmk

2013-07-14_01-05-40_717_zps1b38b1d7.jpg

CamBlack

CamBlack

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

screen.pngcinebench.png

:o How!? I've been trying to get my GTX560 working for over a week

NOMAD8459

NOMAD8459

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

:o How!? I've been trying to get my GTX560 working for over a week

Explained above, edited AGPM kext and also update Chamelon Bootloader to latest downloaded version using Chameleon Wizard

http://forums.macrum.../t-1376182.html         See if this helps.....

@ SirFoxx, I have also experienced this panic as well, again it always seemed to be something to do with memory, I got this error every time I used multi - beast also, so I stopped using multi - beast.

I would say try the anval bootloader instead, I know I tried several different bootloaders from the customize menu before I got a successful first boot.

I know its a drag, I must have reinstalled Iatkos 6 or 7 times till I hit the jackpot, you probably don't need the PCIRootUID, I know that I didn't, it was worth a shot though.

As I say, it says that if Iatkos installs then you probably can run it, try also selecting the NVEnabler from the graphics options. 

Doh, silly me, yes it was anval bootloader plus NVEnabler that gave me my first boot. I am using GraphicsEnabler=Yes now though after editing my AGPM kext.

Best wishes.

Might be a kernel problem but can anyone try Adobe After Effects CC, crashes on my system....

Use after effects in Windows, its just as good..... 

spakk

spakk

• Members
  • 1,840 posts

This may be a noobish question, but how do I do that..? Also, I guess I should have said that I am using the iATKOS_S3_version2.iso which is the modified Snow Leopard.

sorry, I've read about it :hysterical: :( , then take a rollback from the previous version

SirFoxx

SirFoxx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

@ SirFoxx, I have also experienced this panic as well, again it always seemed to be something to do with memory, I got this error every time I used multi - beast also, so I stopped using multi - beast.

I would say try the anval bootloader instead, I know I tried several different bootloaders from the customize menu before I got a successful first boot.

I know its a drag, I must have reinstalled Iatkos 6 or 7 times till I hit the jackpot, you probably don't need the PCIRootUID, I know that I didn't, it was worth a shot though.

As I say, it says that if Iatkos installs then you probably can run it, try also selecting the NVEnabler from the graphics options. 

Doh, silly me, yes it was anval bootloader plus NVEnabler that gave me my first boot. I am using GraphicsEnabler=Yes now though after editing my AGPM kext.

Best wishes.

Well, I changed to the anval loader, quoopz kernel, and the Nvidia drivers were installed, and it causes my system to crash whether GE is a Yes or No. Will keep you updated. I don't know what my memory problem is, or if that is the problem. I am not using Multi - beast, nor did I use it since it wouldn't work on my current laptop. Iaktos does install, I guess my problem is finding the magic mix to get everything to work, as per usual. Are there other flags that other people have used to get it to work?

edit--here is the latest kernel panic.2013-07-15_00-40-30_184_zpscedf353b.jpg

spakk

spakk

• Members
  • 1,840 posts

Well, I changed to the anval loader, quoopz kernel, and the Nvidia drivers were installed, and it causes my system to crash whether GE is a Yes or No. Will keep you updated. I don't know what my memory problem is, or if that is the problem. I am not using Multi - beast, nor did I use it since it wouldn't work on my current laptop. Iaktos does install, I guess my problem is finding the magic mix to get everything to work, as per usual. Are there other flags that other people have used to get it to work?

Hi SirFoxxi, I do not understand why do u use quoopz 10.3.0 kernel.
look here intense  http://www.insanelym...working-builds/  , here we have many examples of install Snow Leopard, Lion and Mountain Lion,  with very many kernels and chipset drivers-downloads.  install the appropriate chipset drivers for your hardware and use Andy Vandijk kernel , see first Post by theconnactic or other user.
or see here for many driver and Tools for hackintosh http://www.osx86.net/

SirFoxx

SirFoxx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hi SirFoxxi, I do not understand why do u use quoopz 10.3.0 kernel.
look here intense  http://www.insanelym...working-builds/  , here we have many examples of install Snow Leopard, Lion and Mountain Lion,  with very many kernels and chipset drivers-downloads.  install the appropriate chipset drivers for your hardware and use Andy Vandijk kernel , see first Post by theconnactic or other user.
or see here for many driver and Tools for hackintosh http://www.osx86.net/

The quoopz kernel is part of the iatkos install DVD, and I'm super close to getting it to work. I guess I will try another boot loader and see what happens, but I have to download a retail DVD first, which will take most of the day with my internet : /

edit: Plus, on the list with the amd working builds, only one person got the fx-8350 to work, and he has an ATI card. I have an Nvidia gtx 295, which has 2 gpu's on the one card, so I don't know how mac osx is going to handle the card. And I'm not willing to buy another video card just to make a working hackintosh.

spakk

spakk

• Members
  • 1,840 posts

The quoopz kernel is part of the iatkos install DVD, and I'm super close to getting it to work. I guess I will try another boot loader and see what happens, but I have to download a retail DVD first, which will take most of the day with my internet : /

edit: Plus, on the list with the amd working builds, only one person got the fx-8350 to work, and he has an ATI card. I have an Nvidia gtx 295, which has 2 gpu's on the one card, so I don't know how mac osx is going to handle the card. And I'm not willing to buy another video card just to make a working hackintosh.

Hi SirFoxx, what cpu and motherboard do you have? for CPU FX-8350 , I think it should work fine.
Otherwise, ask Gils, a forum member from France, or inform you here on his website http://hack-my-mac.f...el-amd-fx-buldo

or use the tutorial from akimoa, but it is in German --> http://www.root86.or...etail-Tutorial-!

or the information by theconnactic

Post by theconnactic see http://www.insanelym...working-builds/

Snow Leopard 10.6.8, 32-bit kernel from AnV (http://www.osx86.net...do=file&id=1675) with 64-bit user land: take a little while to boot, but shuts down and restart in less than 3 seconds. For using more than 4GB of RAM, i had to use this method: [GUIDE] Use more than 4gb RAM on AMD with 32 and 64 bit apps ..., bootflags: legacy_kernel arch=i386 -force64, GraphicsEnabler=Y, npci=0x2000;

it is very important to install the tool SystemInfo on your main operating system  (Windows version or Linux version), then upload the picture of your installed hardware here,  there you will get more detailed information of your hardware with vendor-ID and device-ID, which simplifies us to help you.

Driver for Nvidia GTX 295 ( SnowLeopard 10.6 or higher)  look here --> http://www.osx86.net..._and_above.html

Edited by spakk, 15 July 2013 - 10:36 AM.

NOMAD8459

NOMAD8459

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Sorry it is being a pig, It did take me several attempts to get it to work, when you install Iatkos use only the boot flag -v, watch its progress as it boots, see if you can glean any information as to what it is using in order to get the install disc to boot and load. Dont use any other boot flags for the initial install.

I dont think Nvidia card is a problem, although the PCIRootUID=0 that you describe, ie blackscreen, then shut down does suggest graphics card issue, my PCIRootUID is 0 as well which is the default for the install as far as I am aware. Dont use the GraphicsEnabler boot flag as yet. The last thing to initialise on my boot is the graphics card.

Ideally you should be seing, cpu items first, then fake SMC, then blacklisted profiles being avoided, RTC,  then PCI config, finding hard drive for boot, internet, more blackilisted options and then the graphics card, this is the order of things loading on my succesful boots.

It seems to me that maybe this is a chipset issue rather than a processor or graphics issue, it may need a chipset driver, my board has an Nvidia chipset which I think has helped with the install on mine.

But dont be fooled, it took me four days of trying allsorts to get there, sometimes the same boot flags produce different results, I have had a kernel panic one minute then successful boot the next. It is a hard thing to do, everything Mac is Intel normally.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SL, ML, AMD, APU, FX, Bulldozer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy