HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

I confess i'm having lots of difficulties to enable my HD 5450 Silent (device 0x68F91002) under Mavericks. The procedures i took for granted until now - editing the ATI5000 and the AMDx3000 kexts, adding Toleda's patch to my DSDT so i have HDMI audio and booting with GraphicsEnabler=No - aren't working for me this time: the stock AMD5000Controler.kext (formerly ATI5000) doesn't appear to have either an Info.plist or a Version.plist (it's not simply invisible, since ShowAllFiles doesn't make them to show up) and adding them by pasting Lion's both files didn't help at all. The result is i don't have either QE/Ci or proper resolution for my 40'' screen (connected via HDMI) or audio when I boot with GraphicsEnabler=No, and with GE=Yes i'd be stuck indefinitely with the spinning boot wheel. I'm yet to perform these troubleshooting steps:

- Boot without my current DSDT (thus using GE=Yes): i don't know if something changed from ML to Mavericks in this regard;

- Boot with PCIRootUID=1, both with and without my current DSDT;

- Copy the plists from ML's kext instead of Lion's and apply all above steps.

If this doesn't take me anywhere, i'll really need help and will report here.

All the best!

I confess i'm having lots of difficulties to enable my HD 5450 Silent (device 0x68F91002) under Mavericks. The procedures i took for granted until now - editing the ATI5000 and the AMDx3000 kexts, adding Toleda's patch to my DSDT so i have HDMI audio and booting with GraphicsEnabler=No - aren't working for me this time: the stock AMD5000Controler.kext (formerly ATI5000) doesn't appear to have either an Info.plist or a Version.plist (it's not simply invisible, since ShowAllFiles doesn't make them to show up) and adding them by pasting Lion's both files didn't help at all. The result is i don't have either QE/Ci or proper resolution for my 40'' screen (connected via HDMI) or audio when I boot with GraphicsEnabler=No, and with GE=Yes i'd be stuck indefinitely with the spinning boot wheel. I'm yet to perform these troubleshooting steps:

- Boot without my current DSDT (thus using GE=Yes): i don't know if something changed from ML to Mavericks in this regard;

All the best!

Try the GM (13A598) Version, it has both the Info & Version inside.

AMD5000Controller.kext.zip

All the best!

Here you go save to the hassle of editing them yourself.

theconnactic.zip

So after getting lion running smoothly thanks Shane. I've had issues trying to get my sound working. I've tried many kexts and different settings but I can seem to get them

Can you help? Would it be possible to get sound via my 5750? Thanks

Trav this may not work but give it a shot. Firstly make sure the Voodoo settings are setup correctly and also enable the menu bar icon of the volume, and then just click it and slide it up and down.

I had the same sort of problem - nothing would fix my audio, but as soon as I just used the menu bar volume applet once it worked 100% somehow.

u could always try the good old Azalia Audio  http://www.cl.ly/230c3g0U240S000P2i3u

be shure to remove the others before repair perm etc.

if it panics disable audio in bios

boot back in and delete it 

if that is a no

dont be shy and try to go back a couple Voodoo HDA Versions sometimes works too

Hii, I have a problem

I'm trying to install iatkos ML2 the machine
MB: Asus M2N68-AM SE2
CPU: AMD Athlon x2 240
The problem is that my motherboard does not support AHCI. The disk utility before installing, not showing HDD. So I wonder if there is any kext or something to do it. Here's a picture;
0z0uapg2tmv0tqi404b.jpg

Hii, I have a problem

I'm trying to install iatkos ML2 the machine
MB: Asus M2N68-AM SE2
CPU: AMD Athlon x2 240
The problem is that my motherboard does not support AHCI. The disk utility before installing, not showing HDD. So I wonder if there is any kext or something to do it. Here's a picture;

NOP - No AHCI no MAC. . .Sorry

I don't have the AHCI option and i have OS X running fine. You just need a kext for your chipset eg AppleNForceATA like me for nForce 430 board.

I don't have the AHCI option and i have OS X running fine. You just need a kext for your chipset eg AppleNForceATA like me

with nForce 430 board.

• Like 1

I don't have the AHCI option and i have OS X running fine. You just need a kext for your chipset eg AppleNForceATA like me for nForce 430 board.

I don't have the AHCI option and i have OS X running fine. You just need a kext for your chipset eg AppleNForceATA like me

with nForce 430 board.

How do I find which kext for my chipset nForce 630a ???  

In 10.5.6 i use AppleNForceATA.kext and all work fine

Edit: And when i find  the kext i will put it in E/E on installation USB ?

Edited by Cexx

How do I find which kext for my chipset nForce 630a ???  

In 10.5.6 i use AppleNForceATA.kext and all work fine

Edit: And when i find  the kext i will put it in E/E on installation USB ?

Here is the NForceATA kext I have used since SL. Install it to System/Library/Extensions not Extra.

AppleNForceATA.kext.zip

• Like 1

Now after installation i get "Still waiting for root device" error. What now ? Go in singel user mode and copy the AppleNForceATA.kext to S/L/E or try something else ?