HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

I get a reboot with either kernel...

I had similar problems, I think that is problem with bootloader. After creating the USB stick with MyHack I took  Chameleon 2.1 svn r1820 and installed it on the partition.

create the folder modules into /Extra/modules/ in there are:

uClibcxx.dylib, Sata.dylib, Resolution.dylib, klibc.dylib, Keylayout.dylib

as a kernel for ML 10.8.2 take the first amd_kernel by Andy (see download-link in my working builds), all others did not seem to work properly on my system.

I hope this information help you further

Hello, i have this problem with my amd notebook. Got pretty much everything working, Mac App store, wifi with usb dongle, bluetooth, sound, graphics etc. But i have this bad problem :( Im booting with idlehalt=0 arch=i386 and busratio=12 cpus=1. Its kind of slow, but usable, but when i dont use cpus=1 its fast but when im not moving mouse everything is like freezing, stuttering. Sound, screensaver, animations, when im not moving mouse, when i move its great. Yeah i used google, tried everything, cpuidle=0 idlehalt=0 not working, only thing that works is running yes /null/dev in terminal, but it loads the cpu on full so i don't really like it as the cpu gets very hot. Any help or tips? Please. I would than add it as working build, its Lenovo z565 with Amd Turion x2 P540 and ATI hd5470. Edit: Moving toupad mouse helps the most, even few seconds after stopped moving, moving usb mouse does not help much.

hey guys

Ive been wanting to use Mac for a long time, and most of my hardware is supported, heres my pc specs

AMD Phenom II 955 Black edition ( very well supported processor )

8GB DDR3 1333Mhz ram

ASUS M4A87TD/USB3 Mainboard

1TB Hard disk

HIS Radeon HD 7770 1Ghz edition

no UEFI/general asus bios they havnt updated since 2011 o.o

Anyway, the biggest issue ive had with mac is my GPU, theres no support for it in 10.8.2, and most images that have inbuilt AMD Support Like Niresh's images are 10.8 or 10.8.2 based, so ive had alot of trouble getting going on my physical pc, in virtualbox its fine with most of my hardware

I found a VMWare pre-done image thats based on 10.8.3 with AMD support  - 10.8.3 was the first update to introduce drivers for the 7770

What id like to do, is take that image, and turn it into a physical installer that i can install on a hard disk, but im not sure how, id need a bootloader, i have no idea how to get the AMD settings and kernel and all that stuff

Im not asking to be spoonfed, ive done my share with linux and do it yourself, but for some reason these process's really confuse me, i could really use a lamens guide on getting this process going

Thanks for everyone who has helped me so far, finally got Lion running in my PC! Now just updating it to newer version of Lion and installing Adobe Master Collection CS6. :)

nice :thumbsup_anim:

How'd you do it?  Make sure to update the kernel etc again after updating!

Duran helped me over Skype, and i did make USB install then added kernel there what Duran sent me then deleted the modules folder and it just booted :D  After install i had to delete the Extra folder then it booted :)

I'm not sure yet how to update but I'm gonna find it out in few days, good thing in here that Lion is now usable so don't have to play with Windows :D

Not too sure on which was the better version but you can try

modcd 0.3.1

Do you get a kernel panic? or reboot? Try this kernel

What distro do you think is the best for my system because iATKOS S3 only gets me so far then freezes. I have a retail image of Snow Leopard 10.6.0 but when i put it on a usb and try to boot ip it wont load, and this is on my dekstop but it works on my laptop

Duran helped me over Skype, and i did make USB install then added kernel there what Duran sent me then deleted the modules folder and it just booted :D  After install i had to delete the Extra folder then it booted :)

I'm not sure yet how to update but I'm gonna find it out in few days, good thing in here that Lion is now usable so don't have to play with Windows :D

i wish somebody would guide me through xD

i wish somebody would guide me through xD

If you have any problems PM me and I'll help you out... Please add your system specs in your signature.

What distro do you think is the best for my system because iATKOS S3 only gets me so far then freezes. I have a retail image of Snow Leopard 10.6.0 but when i put it on a usb and try to boot ip it wont load, and this is on my dekstop but it works on my laptop

Distro's are not the best way, but the easiesr right now is iATKOS L2 then replace the kernel.

I have no problem helping over skype chat but in the title there is a IRC chatroom for helping people...

• Like 1

If you have any problems PM me and I'll help you out... Please add your system specs in your signature.

Distro's are not the best way, but the easiesr right now is iATKOS L2 then replace the kernel.

I have no problem helping over skype chat but in the title there is a IRC chatroom for helping people...

could you pm me your skype name i might need a little help

Im going to try iATKOS L2 and see how that works out

I had similar problems, I think that is problem with bootloader. After creating the USB stick with MyHack I took  Chameleon 2.1 svn r1820 and installed it on the partition.

create the folder modules into /Extra/modules/ in there are:

uClibcxx.dylib, Sata.dylib, Resolution.dylib, klibc.dylib, Keylayout.dylib

as a kernel for ML 10.8.2 take the first amd_kernel by Andy (see download-link in my working builds), all others did not seem to work properly on my system.

I hope this information help you further

Ok, so I got a successful install of ML10.8.3 using many different kernels (amd_kernel by Andy, Bronzka's 10.8.x from the Downloads page for example).  Installed a nice looking Chameleon 2262 bootloader at full resolution (Thanks for the tip spakk!) on the ML partition, booted with several different bootflags, and still crashes right after the Darwin/kernel loads. 

I've tried everything I can think of and I'm stuck with a barely functional Snow Leopard.  I have so many questions...for instance:

1.  how is a kernel implemented during an installation?  I've been just replacing kernel after kernel and renaming it to "mach_kernel" and placing it in the root of the install disk, hoping it is somehow recognized.  Does this work?

Ok, so I got a successful install of ML10.8.3 using many different kernels (amd_kernel by Andy, Bronzka's 10.8.x from the Downloads page for example).  Installed a nice looking Chameleon 2262 bootloader at full resolution (Thanks for the tip spakk!) on the ML partition, booted with several different bootflags, and still crashes right after the Darwin/kernel loads. 

I've tried everything I can think of and I'm stuck with a barely functional Snow Leopard.  I have so many questions...for instance:

1.  how is a kernel implemented during an installation?  I've been just replacing kernel after kernel and renaming it to "mach_kernel" and placing it in the root of the install disk, hoping it is somehow recognized.  Does this work?

then the next time you should make an update, then your amd (mach kernel) will be overwritten! by intel (mach_kernel). so that does not happen, call the amd kernel for example in amd_kernel_1082 or so, then have to make the change in your chameleon.boot.plist, see example:

example:

<key>Kernel</key>
    <string>amd_kernel_1082</string>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string>-v npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=1 fsb=250 -x</string>

hey guys

Ive been wanting to use Mac for a long time, and most of my hardware is supported, heres my pc specs

AMD Phenom II 955 Black edition ( very well supported processor )

8GB DDR3 1333Mhz ram

ASUS M4A87TD/USB3 Mainboard

1TB Hard disk

HIS Radeon HD 7770 1Ghz edition

no UEFI/general asus bios they havnt updated since 2011 o.o

Anyway, the biggest issue ive had with mac is my GPU, theres no support for it in 10.8.2, and most images that have inbuilt AMD Support Like Niresh's images are 10.8 or 10.8.2 based, so ive had alot of trouble getting going on my physical pc, in virtualbox its fine with most of my hardware

I found a VMWare pre-done image thats based on 10.8.3 with AMD support  - 10.8.3 was the first update to introduce drivers for the 7770

What id like to do, is take that image, and turn it into a physical installer that i can install on a hard disk, but im not sure how, id need a bootloader, i have no idea how to get the AMD settings and kernel and all that stuff

Im not asking to be spoonfed, ive done my share with linux and do it yourself, but for some reason these process's really confuse me, i could really use a lamens guide on getting this process going

Because you have a ML VB and want to update it in linux system, that can be easily done.

First, make a clone of ML VB with a different UUID.

So, get "CloneVDI" window program from VB Forum, install "wine" package in your linux system.

Right click of clonevdi.exe, and choose run with wine.

Choose your ML vdi with the only option of "gereneate UUID".

In VB setting, attach a cloned vdi file, start VB, rename a cloned disk to distinguish them.

Restart with a cloned ML, upgrade it.

Restart with an original ML, copy necessary ketxs and kernel into a cloned ML, repair permission.

Restart with an updated cloned ML. If you have problem, go back to an original Ml, fix it, try again.

Once everything is ok, then make a raw disk for VB, just import only partition that you want to install an osx.

How to do it, read VB users manual.

Then attact it to your VB. Now you have 3 disks in your VB.

Start with an original ML VB, open disk utility, restore an updated ML to a raw disk partition.

Set up your grub option, restart a computer, login into an osx.

If you have problem, restart linux, and fix in VM, then try again.

This way, you do not need any installation using usb.

You can find a solution by back and forth between VB and real physical osx.

Good luck.

No luck installing iATKOS L2 it reboots after leaving the bootloader even when using modcd. Guess my system cant run mac, thanks for all the help anyway

try to boot with it:  -v busratio=20 arch=i386 maxmem=4096 PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x2000 may also try with CPUs=1 ( or with PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x3000 )

used not more than 4 Gigabytes of RAM  you can install after successful installation again.

try to boot with it:  -v busratio=20 arch=i386 maxmem=4096 PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x2000 may also try with CPUs=1 ( or with PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x3000 )

used not more than 4 Gigabytes of RAM  you can install after successful installation again.

if you still have another driver in /Extra/Extensions/ that are necessary for your AMD-System, then  added with this: useKernelCache=No

No luck installing iATKOS L2 it reboots after leaving the bootloader even when using modcd. Guess my system cant run mac, thanks for all the help anyway

ModCD doesn't work with Lion... reboots, did you replace the mach_kernel on iATKOS L2?

I feel we need to do a checklist.

1> Create a Bootable USB - if restoring a iATKOS L2 I can not say this enough reinstall chameleon bootloader on the USB.

2> Replace the mach_kernel (original is an Intel kernel, normally ends up rebooting right after the bootloader) with a AMD version (If you are using iATKOS L2 - do not use the kernel RC15 as you will end up with PCI Config Begin)

Hey guys, quick question. Has anyone got the 10.8.5 update running? I bit the bullet and ran the update, got a nice kernel panic afterwards. I don't know if its because i got a FX processor with a FX kernel or what, but i'm now re-installing 10.8.4.  :(  If anyone has had luck, plz let me know, thanks.

Works just fine for me. You just need to roll back your ACPIPlatform.kext to avoid the KP.

All the best!

Thanks, I just got 10.8.4 installed, about to try the update again and do that, wish me luck.

EDIT: That did the trick.Thanks. I wonder why I didn't have to do that with the 10.8.4 update. Oh well, thank you!

Heeeey people again :) My hack has been working awesome but theres few problems.

1) How i can enable sleep? What kext i will need to make it work?

2) Integrated sound, i found few kext's before and they didnt work ( VIA HD Audio VT1708S). Found one here in downloads and gonna try that after i get home.

3) Flash install. It says "Host package cannot be installed/opened", Im booting with arch=x86_64  and been trying to boot with arch=i386 to test will it work 32bit but cannot boot. Is there any fix for this? Kernel: 10.7.5 Bronzovka's "mach_kernel_10_7_5_FX_RC7_TEST_FSB

4) And i need to see my computer temperatures, FakeSMC will do it?