HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

Well finally got Mountain Lion to boot past the loading kexts phase, but now it crashes/panics almost straight away

post-347270-0-87772900-1358401747_thumb.jpg http://ocau.com/pix/wn3b7

Anyone can help me. I have tried with and without the acpirollback_for ML 1082_1081.zip files.

This is on a myhack ML10.8.2 install usb with the kernel Bitcore & gils used.

OK am staring to get a bit further. After adding rollback for 10.8.0_with System.kexts.zip from the working builds thread

and rebuilding caches & fixing permissions It now stalls at

[iOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed. see picture

post-347270-0-50045900-1358409735_thumb.jpg

I am booting with the following boot flags

amd_kernel cpus=8 busratio=20 fsb=220 GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000 -v -f

As a Side Note: I have an ATI HD5970 & NVIDIA GT640 card installed in my system. ATI card = Main Display Output & NVIDIA card = Dedicated to Physx only.

Will having the NVIDIA card installed be causing my problems?

Anyone think of anything that could help, please let me know.

thanks, Madmungo

Hey guys me again.

All installations are using a Retail ML 10.8.2 image with the only kernel that dose not instant reboot. It is one of sineteks test kernel, test1.

I can get to the installation screen and choose a drive to install to, but it crashes when I click install with the following log file

Installer Log 17-Jan-2013.txt

Any one help me out here as I am tantalizingly close to getting it installed and working.

Thanks, MadMungo

Hello,

I have a Problem Lion 10.7.4 on the hard drive to install.It comes ever a crach when i wants to install on the hard drive in the selection menu.

Here the crachreport.I hope you can help me.

Installation log 16-Jan-2013.txt]

Hey Gismo I am having the same on ML.

Well, now I have found how to reach the install screen, but when it finishes the installation, it shows an error, its more or less: it couldnt set the boot disk, bless program.. Blabla.. or something like that. I dont know exactly, I set the installer in spanish.

So, I need help at this point, I dont know what to do.

OK am staring to get a bit further. After adding rollback for 10.8.0_with System.kexts.zip from the working builds thread

post-347270-0-50045900-1358409735_thumb.jpg

As a Side Note: I have an ATI HD5970 & NVIDIA GT640 card installed in my system. ATI card = Main Display Output & NVIDIA card = Dedicated to Physx only.

thanks, Madmungo

I would remove the bluetooth adapter and see if that works. If that does not then it will be a hunt to find and disable the kext. IOBluetoothFamily.kext is the most likely. Possibly it is AppleBluetoothMultitouch.kext? Remember to rebuild your caches too! Easiest way is to download myhack and run it.

Hello,I have a stop Problem.It stops at "Decryptet block looks like," Mine bootflag is "busratio=20 cpus=8 npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No -v -f"

Can me someone Help?

Did you download and install the libcorecrypto.dylib to /usr/lib ? (Its a hidden directory) and possibly the corecrypto kext? These require the latest amd_kernel also.

I would remove the bluetooth adapter and see if that works. If that does not then it will be a hunt to find and disable the kext. IOBluetoothFamily.kext is the most likely. Possibly it is AppleBluetoothMultitouch.kext? Remember to rebuild your caches too! Easiest way is to download myhack and run it.

Did you download and install the libcorecrypto.dylib to /usr/lib ? (Its a hidden directory) and possibly the corecrypto kext? These require the latest amd_kernel also.

Thanks for answer,I did what you say.I have libcorecrypto.dylib to /usr/lib´but it have not change the error.I use the last kernel for FX CPU "amd_kernel"

I have dipped the corecrypto kext!

regards

Stall.jpg

thanks, Madmungo

boot Mountain Lion with this boot flag:

amd_kernel npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No -x

or

amd_kernel npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No -x

boot Mountain Lion with this boot flag:

amd_kernel npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No -x

or

amd_kernel npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No -x

If you have Snow already running use this command to figure out which uid to use:

bdmesg | grep PCI-Root-UID

It did help me....

• Like 1

I have 2 computers and I am in a Mac OSX class (learning about it basically)

My teacher said It would be interesting to see it work on my laptop or Desktop.

(Would also Like to dual-boot! Win7 and Mac OSX SL (only Retail i have at the moment Lion and Mountain Lion are on there way)

My Specs:

laptop:

Acer Aspire 7650-Sb416

CPU: AMD A6-3400M (Quad-Core)

Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6520G

Motherboard: Acer Je70-SB

Chipset: AMD K12 bridge Rev 00

SouthBridge: AMD A55/A60M Rev 11

Ram: 8GB DDR3

CPU-Z Screen Shot of CPU -Facebook picture but I have it set to Public so you should be able to see it.

My Desktop:

Custom built Desktop

CPU: FX-8150 8 Core Processor

Graphics: nVidia Geforce GTX 550 Ti Dedicated RAM:1 GB X2 (I have taken one out no worries!)

Motherboard: ASUSTek Computer Inc. M5A97 Rev1.xx

Chipset: AMD RD9x0 Rev 02

SouthBridge:Amd SB910/950

LPCIO: ITE IT8721 <=No idea what this is.

Ram: 16GB DDR3

CPU-Z Photo of CPU - Facebook picture set to public.

Let me know I have been working on my laptop all week and i have gott as far as booting with nawcoms boot Cd with paramaters rd(0,0)/extras/modbin_kernel -force64 arch=i386 busratio=12 (dont even think thats right)

Help me out I know the world of Windows but i want to learn more mac and My Girlfriend wont let me get one cus there expensive. Plus I want to do it for educational purposes and learn more about this stuff.

I want to start developing. But i need to get this whole thing down first.

On hand I have a Snow Leopard Retail disc/ ModCD by Nawcom/iATKOS S3 V2/EasyEfi V2.2 and have 55 black DVDs and 25 blank CDS lets do this!

UPDATE: I have ML AND Lion now. so anyone know which one of these systems i can boot into. I have Hazards Distro running in Virtual Box. so i do have some sorta of access to a running mac.

Welcome! You have a really solid system for running OSX on. Just boot nawcom ModCD with 'arch=i386 maxmem=4096 busratio=21 npci=0x2000 -v'. That should get you to the installer. Check out this thread http://www.insanelym...lations-on-amd/. If you have anymore questions post them in there.

The only downfall of your system at the moment is the GTX 550. It will not work at full resolution or with hardware acceleration in SL because there is no support for it. In ML there are currently problems with nvidia gpus, you can get full resolution but there will be no hardware acceleration.

Well, now I have found how to reach the install screen, but when it finishes the installation, it shows an error, its more or less: it couldnt set the boot disk, bless program.. Blabla.. or something like that. I dont know exactly, I set the installer in spanish.

So, I need help at this point, I dont know what to do.

`Dont' worry about the boot disk. reboot from the installer and from the boot menu select the installed partition.

Hey guys I got ML running on my machine at last.

I had to remake the USB image manually as I found by searching the net it is caused by a bad image. Using myhack to create the USB image always had me crashing the installer after selecting the disk.

Now all I am trying to get working is the HD 5970 with QE/CI, booting ok at a set resolution only. Am mucking about with evoenabler, graphics enabler disabling second GPU etc, but cannot get it working yet.

I must admit there is an awfully long time between seeing [iOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed and it showing the desktop.

To all you guys that have made suggestions etc especially Bitcore, I thank you, as it was you guys that kept me trying things and not just settling for using Snow Leopard.

Hello,

I have a Problem Lion 10.7.4 on the hard drive to install.It comes ever a crach when i wants to install on the hard drive in the selection menu.

Here the crachreport.I hope you can help me.

Installation log 16-Jan-2013.txt]

Gismo, you may have a bad install image. Remake it again and retry.

That is what was causing my Installer crash with ML.

• Like 1

Welcome! You have a really solid system for running OSX on. Just boot nawcom ModCD with 'arch=i386 maxmem=4096 busratio=21 npci=0x2000 -v'. That should get you to the installer. Check out this thread http://www.insanelym...lations-on-amd/. If you have anymore questions post them in there.

The only downfall of your system at the moment is the GTX 550. It will not work at full resolution or with hardware acceleration in SL because there is no support for it. In ML there are currently problems with nvidia gpus, you can get full resolution but there will be no hardware acceleration.

So I can do it on my desktop great! I will try it tomorrow. After work I using another thread on making a bootable usb. I do not have any dual layer dvd

I will always be notified and asked how to install Mountain Lion

If you have a runnable Intel Mountain Lion or Lion or Snow Leopard. Then you create a clone with CCC or SuperDruper. Alternatively, you can create a with MyHack over an runable OSX a USB Install.

It does not matter how you do it. It is here in the forums on repeatedly.

Then you must place the modified corocrypto.kext and Decrypter from Sinetec/Andy Vandijk and some drivers for AMD to S / L / E and in the end one of the test kernels to install here recently Sinetek or Andy Vandijk. You need something to read from page 50 in detail here has been written and tested. It is very important. Always depending on what hardware you have.There are some variations on how to successfully do an install.

please use either the forum for your questions, or visit us at irc chat.osx86.hu #LegacyKernel here you get all the information you need.

Or you can look here:

http://www.insanelym...working-builds/

oups, Deltaco

I see we have similar questions :worried_anim::trumpet:

Just FYI my system is running!

It is very surprising, my system is running only with a org.chameleon.boot.plist.boot quite a strange ending! but it is, when I remove *. boot at the end, so It get PCI configuration begin, how should a normal mortal understand now??? hahaha.gif

Edit:

all test kernels of Sinetek can be found here: https://meklort.com/~sinet3k/

if you like use the test kernel of Andy Vandijck then takes the last amd_kernel from 7.1.2013 and the SinetekBronzovkAnVoodoo_rc4.diff File + libcrypto.dlyb File ( put the dylib -file in to usr/lib/)

Good Luck!

I did find an odd issue with a double .plist was that you or conti that posted it? There seems to ne some issues under ML when editing the plist file. It wants to duplicate it. Plist Edit Pro must have a bug cause I said cancel and it made 2 of them anyway... Related???

Can you give any tips on the GTX 550? I do have a 560 and ML completely has a fit with it. GE Yes=Drop back to console with rebooting and No=No video at all just a black screen. My 9500 however will work in safe mode. No go with the 560 in safe mode either. Tried with the x.8.2 drivers then tried Retail-304.00.05f02-macosx in the mix and it would never boot at all. Found out it was causig login window to {censored} out.

Hi all,

It's really nice to see that there are a lot fx users who can finally boot ML :)

Right now, i'm running 10.8.2 :)

If you need any help, PM me or join the IRC channel.

Compared to some other members, i know nothing about osx86.

But as i'm working on de osx/fx combination for months now, i might be able to help you(;

Cheers!

Mini tutorial like thing for the FX processors:

1. Get a copy of iAtkos ML2

2. In a working version of osx, plug in your USB device and mount the iAtkos image.

3. Go to disk utility, go to restore, and drag your usb to destination and the mounted image to source.

4. Then after finished restoring , install this : http://updo.nl/file/8c4871d6.zip (Set install location to you iAtkos USB Drive)

5. When that one is finished, copy this kernel : http://updo.nl/file/0cc60991.zip to the root of your USB Device.

6. Boot from the USB drive using: npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0 -v -f

7. Profit :)

Edited by iPoco
No direct or indirect links to torrents
  • Like 1