HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

Seeing RadeonFramebuffer means your aticonfig arg is wrong or you didnt use GE=Yes.

Seeing RadeonFramebuffer means your aticonfig arg is wrong or you didnt use GE=Yes.

How do I know wrong Radeon Framebuffer because state 0 and is busy and

GE well enable

you can see my screen previous topic Org.Chameleon.Boot.Plist

I go more framebuffer search aticonfig

Go i try Hoolock

UPDATE

HooLock 0 (1569MS)

Baboon 0 (1535MS)

Morgen i come back and i now sleep i most morning my girl friend to hospital bring

How do I know wrong Radeon Framebuffer because state 0 and is busy and

GE well enable

you can see my screen previous topic Org.Chameleon.Boot.Plist

I go more framebuffer search aticonfig

Go i try Hoolock

UPDATE

HooLock 0 (1569MS)

Baboon 0 (1535MS)

Morgen i come back and i now sleep i most morning my girl friend to hospital bring

I think i know now you framebuffer self make

i have tutorial for make framebuffer

http://rampagedev.wordpress.com/kext-editing/editing-atiamd-framebuffer-personality/

if so then I do with this guide to follow to make kext of ATI5000controller to framebuffer

Sorry, I mentioned the accelerator kexts forgetting that you are now on 10.7.5. You need 5000controller and X3000.kext then. You said you added id to 5000 and 3000 controller but I'm not sure if you meant the x3000 kext. 

In the screen shot above the boot.plist looks correct but if you have RadeonFramebuffer instead of Baboon then there is something wrong..

If you have your id in the correct kexts, manually type GraphicsEnabler=Yes AtiConfig=Baboon -v at the boot screen.

I do see that you should change /mach_kernel to just mach_kernel

Sorry, I mentioned the accelerator kexts forgetting that you are now on 10.7.5. You need 5000controller and X3000.kext then. You said you added id to 5000 and 3000 controller but I'm not sure if you meant the x3000 kext. 

In the screen shot above the boot.plist looks correct but if you have RadeonFramebuffer instead of Baboon then there is something wrong..

If you have your id in the correct kexts, manually type GraphicsEnabler=Yes AtiConfig=Baboon -v at the boot screen.

I do see that you should change /mach_kernel to just mach_kernel

Do not worry.

I have ATI5000 and ATIRadeonX3000 both device id 0x68be1002 see my screen and tell you to /mach_kernel change to mach_kernel good boot!!

videocard ATIConfig=Vervet no, Baboon no, Hoolock no, Juniper no, Uakari no,

I come morning back. sleep all

deviceidati.png

You must be doing something incorrectly. If the commands were right you would not be seeing RadeonFramebuffer being used. Even just using GraphicsEnabler=Yes should give you the Vervet frame buffer from chameleon without any need for AtiConfig= flag. You can continue to let the RadeonFramebuffer be used but you will have some problems with certain apps not opening.

Try one last time with manually typing at boot screen exactly how i have it here: GraphicsEnabler=Yes AtiConfig=Baboon -v

• Like 1

You must be doing something incorrectly. If the commands were right you would not be seeing RadeonFramebuffer being used. Even just using GraphicsEnabler=Yes should give you the Vervet frame buffer from chameleon without any need for AtiConfig= flag. You can continue to let the RadeonFramebuffer be used but you will have some problems with certain apps not opening.

Try one last time with manually typing at boot screen exactly how i have it here: GraphicsEnabler=Yes AtiConfig=Baboon -v

That is very strange.

I had first AMD Boot CD 10.7.5 through kexts.com after boot cd taken off I installed Chameleon and mach_kernel I used this http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/65-amd-kernel / mach_rc13.zip

just doing everything right but what you said frame buffer via radeon terminal may not be and should graphics enabler = yes he is on.

you have asked me to do that manually, I did org.boot.chameleon.plist delete (or backup done) and then restart I type boot-v flag graphics enabler = yes aticonfig = baboon NPCI = 0x2000 then I see video card worse SLOOOM huh I have to reboot-v graphicsenbler = yes aticonfig = vervet NPCI = 0x2000 then normal but still no 3D games.

movie I will soon upload recorded

Vervet is the default frame buffer used by chameleon for 57xx. Test with GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v only and ioreg | grep ATY should return ATY_Vervet.

If Vervet gives you the correct outputs you do not need the extra AtiConfig option.

Vervet is the default frame buffer used by chameleon for 57xx. Test with GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v only and ioreg | grep ATY should return ATY_Vervet.

If Vervet gives you the correct outputs you do not need the extra AtiConfig option.

Hi,

I tell you that I might be wrong.
I reinstall my decision takes 30 minutes to get ready.

device ID 0x68be1002 in ATI5000controller and ATIRadeonX3000

Now he starts and excellent.

I notice at Terminal when I type SU and password the same as my login and register SORRY I got strange mm.

I have Graphics Enabler = Yes-v ioreg | grep ATY same nothing happens.

sorry for my english.

Vervet does not give the correct outputs I believe therefore can not always 3D.

Besides I have teamviewer so you can see in my PC what his problem.

Adrienne I do not restart PC if you ioreg | grep ATY because you open play Bike Baron then I quickly termimal and press enter and I saw 128ms etc I have three convenient as monitor does not restart.

but I have no game but then restart and quickly type terminal ioreg grep ATY whitens the same when I open game.

I see you banner you have 5750 and Intel Processor work for you and my Processor is AMD.
i have my kext on zip can you see here.

you can see my movie Snow Leopard 10.8.6 working ATI 5750 no aticonfig boot flag.

See you movie this SNow Leopard working ATI5000controller hit About It Mac ATI 5700 series and to LIOn say ATI5000 that problem.

?? can you my teamviewer see?

ATI5750.png

Finally get ATI 5750 with thanks Joe75 helped of course very difficult times with Joe75 IRC Chat tried everything work failed even ioreg | pe ATY gives no see  ATY_Vervet very strange way and also tell that not good Boot.plist however all tried desperately to I came back and think well Boot.plist remove and I do myself boat flag typ

AMD give NPCI = 0x2000 and PCIRootUID = 1 otherwise does not start mac as PCI Configuration and without NPCI = 0x2000.

I last boot flag without PCIRootUID = 1 only -v and NPCI = 0x3000 Yeah he gives ioreg | pe and ATY_vervet and About my Mac is now ATI 5700 series finally I could open all APPS and DVD Player etc.

Unfortunately even between AMD ATI problems with 3D Graphics you see my picture that 3D bowled no wall, no way, no cars, see aargh Mini Car to APP Store free download.

Snow Leopard works great  all and 3D Game.
Lion work great all apps and no 3D game.

Now unfortunately I have to wait LION 10.7.5 with improvement AMD Kernel for 3D game.

Now only I remain LION 10.7.5 so I can work all apps eg
Photoshop CS6, Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro CS6 everything works now turn very quickly.

Thanks Joe75 after fighting ATI 5750 and now I'm waiting for AMD Kernel correct version for Lion or future Mavericks.

I have OpenGL Extension Viewer and TEST i see

OpenGL 1.0 and 1.1 and 1.2 and 1.3 / 1.4  working 3D
OpenGL 1.5 and 2.0 and 2.1 not working 3D

Think that problem CPU and GPU? 
  • Like 2

Does anyone know how can I fix the issue with the green/square video corruption in quicklook and quicktime? Videos play fine on other players and whatnot, but on quicktime and finder preview they are all corrupted and green, just as someone posted here, a few pages back. But I searched further and found no fix. Anyway to solve this? 

screengrab_zps53ea4591.jpg

This happens with arch=i386/x86_64, mach_kernel rc7 to rc15, or even running quicktime in 32/64 bit mode, same results.

I also tried editing smbios to no avail, nothing changed.

Bassie86 I think that your problem is related to the kernel. I also had the same problem with my video card. You can fix that with arch=i386, booting in 32-bit kernel mode (and 64bit user land). With that said, I'm having success with the games I tried so far on my build.

Just that problem with quicktime video remains.

Cheers.

Does anyone know how can I fix the issue with the green/square video corruption in quicklook and quicktime? Videos play fine on other players and whatnot, but on quicktime and finder preview they are all corrupted and green, just as someone posted here, a few pages back. But I searched further and found no fix. Anyway to solve this? 

screengrab_zps53ea4591.jpg

This happens with arch=i386/x86_64, mach_kernel rc7 to rc15, or even running quicktime in 32/64 bit mode, same results.

I also tried editing smbios to no avail, nothing changed.

Bassie86 I think that your problem is related to the kernel. I also had the same problem with my video card. You can fix that with arch=i386, booting in 32-bit kernel mode (and 64bit user land). With that said, I'm having success with the games I tried so far on my build.

Just that problem with quicktime video remains.

Cheers.

What have you videocard ati or nvidia and have you processor AMD or Intel?

Can you DVD Player open??

Another you Try VLC (videolan) maybe work for you codec video problem.

To my working here good Quicktime and VLC (videolan)

What have you videocard ati or nvidia and have you processor AMD or Intel?

Can you DVD Player open??

Another you Try VLC (videolan) maybe work for you codec video problem.

To my working here good Quicktime and VLC (videolan)

Hey there!

My video card is an ATI 5770 (vervet framebuffer), and my cpu is an AMD Phenom II 955. My mobo is an Asus M4A79XTD-EVO.

Yes, I can run DVD player no problem, and video works fine with 3rd party players like VLC. The problem resides in the native decoding of H264 encoded videos, when I try to play them on quicktime or preview them in finder they get that green pixel corruption. Other types of codecs play without artifacts. And this happens in 32/64 bit kernel mode, with every kernel that I tried from Bronzovka.

I remember that on my previous hackintosh system with Snow Leopard, I had to patch the binaries also because of problems with H264 decoding, but in that environment, the videos actually crashed finder and quicklookd, so it was worse - I had to patch the binaries AND strip the x86_64 code from finder and quick look, so they wouldn't crash.

One thing I found, that might be of help for someone who might have the same problem as me, you can trick the system into thinking it is another codec by changing the extension, for instance, with a *.mov video if you change to *.mkv (or any other type of container) it will fix the green thumbnail and finder preview artifacts, since the system stops trying to use H264 decoding. BUT, if I play the same video on Quicktime I get the same green pixelized artifacts.

I'm considering using amd_insn_patcher on Quicktime components, as I did on Snow Leopard, just to see if it's even remotely related.

BaSsie86 could you try playing a H264 video in Quicktime?

Cheers!

@theconnactic

You have an Atom 330 computer working on Mountain Lion.  Could you tell me which kernel you are using and any boot flags you need to use to get it to boot?

Off topic, man!

Ask help in the proper forum: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/264740-asus-1201n-installation-and-support/page-44?do=findComment&comment=1942588

There are quite a few people, including myself, that are able to help you.

All the best!

Hey there!

My video card is an ATI 5770 (vervet framebuffer), and my cpu is an AMD Phenom II 955. My mobo is an Asus M4A79XTD-EVO.

Yes, I can run DVD player no problem, and video works fine with 3rd party players like VLC. The problem resides in the native decoding of H264 encoded videos, when I try to play them on quicktime or preview them in finder they get that green pixel corruption. Other types of codecs play without artifacts. And this happens in 32/64 bit kernel mode, with every kernel that I tried from Bronzovka.

I remember that on my previous hackintosh system with Snow Leopard, I had to patch the binaries also because of problems with H264 decoding, but in that environment, the videos actually crashed finder and quicklookd, so it was worse - I had to patch the binaries AND strip the x86_64 code from finder and quick look, so they wouldn't crash.

One thing I found, that might be of help for someone who might have the same problem as me, you can trick the system into thinking it is another codec by changing the extension, for instance, with a *.mov video if you change to *.mkv (or any other type of container) it will fix the green thumbnail and finder preview artifacts, since the system stops trying to use H264 decoding. BUT, if I play the same video on Quicktime I get the same green pixelized artifacts.

I'm considering using amd_insn_patcher on Quicktime components, as I did on Snow Leopard, just to see if it's even remotely related.

BaSsie86 could you try playing a H264 video in Quicktime?

Cheers!

I have all test working and i have create Final Cut Pro export H264 than green screen :(:( :(

QuickTIme Player

MPG,
AVI,
MP4
MPEG

and more test

Sample H264 m2v working

And my self Final Cut Pro make movie export to my desktop and i see yeeah green movie that is problem AMD Kernel.

I see ATI 5750 have problem OpenGL 1.5 and 2.0 and 2.1 that to AMD Kernel have bugs graphics cpu and gpu.

H264 This have only for OpenGL 1.5 and 2.0 that you have problem and my too problem you can see OpenGL Extension Viewer and testen opengl.

i have nothing fix it CPU / GPU AMD Kernel not know :(.
Try i all test and i see VLC working pretty you can VLC change OpenGL than working that not H264 very high.

see you my screen.

VLC working
Quicktime no working H264

problemvideo.png

and Quicktime VS VLC   (H264 only have Final Cut Pro export make to H264 high than i see Green to Quicktime Player and VLC Player working no Green)
quicktimevsvlc.png

I have all test working and i have create Final Cut Pro export H264 than green screen :(:( :(

QuickTIme Player

(...)

Hello BaSsie86 !

Yes, I figured it wasn't just me. :/ H264 decoding always had a problem with AMD's in Hackintoshes. But I found out some other stuff. Perian seems to affect it, and I'm still testing some further stuff, but this might be fixable by not installing Perian. Do you have Perian installed?

I rolled back, formatted the drive and reinstalled Lion, but this time didn't update to 10.7.5, I remained in 10.7.4. As soon as I tested Quicktime the problem was gone. Even thumbnails were working alright! I then installed Perian, and again, I had the same corruption in videos.

So I'm going to try now doing a clean install of 10.7.5 and test Quicktime as soon as I can without installing Perian, because now I uninstalled it but the video corruption continues.

I see ATI 5750 have problem OpenGL 1.5 and 2.0 and 2.1 that to AMD Kernel have bugs graphics cpu and gpu.

For this, boot with arch=i386 flag and use Chameleon 2.1 - r2069. It worked for me! Then test with Opengl Extensions Viewer.

Good luck!

I had green videos too on my SL in 32bits, now on sinetek's kernel (64b) i have KP instead when opening folder with .mp4 inside (took me a while to find the cause). I had Perian installed as well. Also in Chrome Youtube's videos on html5 mode were corrupted, but those were pink instead of green, but are good now. So, what does Perian install and doesn't uninstall?

BTW my hardware is Athlon 64 X2 4000+ & GeForce 8800 GS 384MB

Hey so i have gotten help of a mate i have amd kernel Mountain lion on usb Retail now this is what the trouble is 

as you can see in the pic its a Retail ML but there is no Customization ? 

I restored a usb with baseSystem then i put the packages from main install to the usb drive but i still get nothing in the customize installer 

I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong thanks.

A view of my ML usb

post-1207102-0-59211400-1378213847_thumb.jpg

post-1207102-0-52200200-1378214088_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hello BaSsie86 !

Yes, I figured it wasn't just me. :/ H264 decoding always had a problem with AMD's in Hackintoshes. But I found out some other stuff. Perian seems to affect it, and I'm still testing some further stuff, but this might be fixable by not installing Perian. Do you have Perian installed?

I rolled back, formatted the drive and reinstalled Lion, but this time didn't update to 10.7.5, I remained in 10.7.4. As soon as I tested Quicktime the problem was gone. Even thumbnails were working alright! I then installed Perian, and again, I had the same corruption in videos.

So I'm going to try now doing a clean install of 10.7.5 and test Quicktime as soon as I can without installing Perian, because now I uninstalled it but the video corruption continues.

For this, boot with arch=i386 flag and use Chameleon 2.1 - r2069. It worked for me! Then test with Opengl Extensions Viewer.

Good luck!

Hi Vikernes.

Is not lie to you, there are many problems AMD Kernel than in Snow Leopard.

According to my take on 10.7.4 that nothing will be the same problem as AMD Kernel has only one Lion 10.7. * Do not care.

About green image is sometimes known by Windows 8 as well and I often use Shark 007 Codec and works excellent.

And here mac Lion I have no idea what codec for Quicktime working there I'm still looking.

What are you telling about Perian I never use because I use VLC because Windows also suits me very well VLC often quick update problem solved.

Ahh you do not have perian than video corruption I have no experience with VLC everything works great! if you want to stay QuickTime then evne looking for codec Quicktime I have no idea what is for Mac only I know that Windows itself Shark 007 Codec.

Many thanks my ATI 5750 is now once again insist that 3D games support and OpenGL Viewer works but I bummed is that he does not only 32bits 64bits that will probably be AMD Kernel errors 64bits does not OpenGL 3D Games and thanks for telling me so let other know if profesional amd kernel.

i have bootflag npci=0x300 i386 (Chameloen 2.2 SVN r2262)

fullyworking.png

Thanks  Vikernes now ATI5750 Fixing 3D Game

3D Game working
Duke Nuken Forever

Rush

BikeBaron
GTA San Andreas

OpenGL Viewer 2.0 and 2.1 working Fully

and i see that now Artefact to Photoshop CC brush red/white :S i have red brush see my screen

UPDATE: 20:25
And i have tested Perian install than Quicktime see GREEN nothing fixed and i search codec working and Perian not work.
VLC working perfecty
  • Like 1