HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

Hello there!

My note specs are:

-Model: Notebook Samsung NP305E4A-AD1BR
-Proc: AMD Quad Core A6-3420M Clock: 1.5GHz (Turbo Boost: 2.4GHz) 
-Mobo: Samsung Modelo: ?
-Bios: American Megatrends (AMI) 03QU.MI22.20120103.SKK (DATE: 01/03/2012)
-Memory: 4GB DDR3
-HD: 500GB S-ATA 5400 rpm
-Video: AMD Radeon™ HD6520G
-Wireless: Gigabit (10/100/1000) LAN

Any hope to install lion on it???

Any tutorial for help me?

Thank you all!!

theconnactic,

Could you send me a tutorial? I would like to create a USB bootable with lion and clover bootloader (with the AMD kernel on it)...

How can i do this? Cant find a especific tutorial for this...

Not sure if this a good place to ask this or not but I was wondering what's the best route on upgrading 10.6.8 to Lion?

A fresh install. Personally, I recommend using myHack plus a vanilla copy of Install Mac OS X Lion.app to create a bootable USB stick. Use Bronzovka's mach_rc15 kernel with the boot flag arch=i386 (enables 32-bit kernelspace with 64-bit userland for graphics to work properly); it can also be used with arch=x86_64 for full 64-bit mode if desired.

Of course! You have to copy the patched kernel from the installer to the root of your HDD. If you've already done it, use the flag -f.

All the best!

I love you! Boots perfectly now.

Now I just need to polish the ole gal up.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys,i've got following problem.

i have downloaded a iatkos ml2 (Mountain Lion 10.8.2) dmg file.then i inserted the amd_kernel with transmac.if i going to boot it in virtual box i have to use flags: amd_kernel arch=x86_64 -v -s -x -f npci=0x2000.If i use those flags it begins to read file.it reads all files.But than i've only getting a message with the flags i used and than a blackscreen..

i hope you can help me guys.

(Sorry for my bad english.i'm normally speaking german)

Hi,  I've using this kernel (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/281450-mountain-lion-kernel-testing-on-amd-dont-ask-help-here-use-the-help-topic) in my Notebook with my Quad-core CPU, but I can't boot with cpus=4 or without anything.

CPU: AMD Phenom II P970 Mobile QuadCore, 2200 MHz
Chipset: AMD M785, AMD K10 

OSX: Mountain Lion

When I boot with cpus=1, cpus=2 or cpus=3 it's go OK, but with cpus=4 or anything, they struck after show the processor info. 

I tried with npci=x2000 and npci=x3000 but nothing change. What I have to do?

thanks

Here the picture.

2013-08-03%2009.46.01.jpg

After many attempts, I couldn't get it to run, so, I'm asking for help.

I made the 10.7 USB installation stick with myHack and then simply replaced the mach_kernel with Bronya's RC13, and it restarts on boot (with -nossse3bit and arch=i386). Then I tried RC15 and that one KP's on AppleEFIRuntime.kext, so I removed that kext (which I shouldn't) and it stays there doing nothing. I tried other kernels, but they get launchctl errors and some don't even boot.

This is really strange since, I've been able to boot ML 10.8.3 just fine (with the exception of NVDA (OpenGL) Channel Timeout, works fine in safe boot). Which kernel should I use to just INSTALL Lion on my computer? I'm gonna try to find other kernels, but, which one specifically does work?

Also, I have a AMD Athlon II x2 250.

EDIT: I've successfully installed it with the legacy_kernel but right now RC15 crashes when trying to boot in 32 bit mode. In backtrace there is AppleEFIRuntime.kext that's causing problems.

EDIT2: It seems that myHack is causing this issue. Will try to install different version of Chameleon.

Hi...

I ve downloaded 10.8.4 ML Retail .. and used Vmware ML 10.8.3 created USBbootdisk with 10.8.4. I used Myhack.

now i want to install to my AMD pc

my pc confing

AMD FX-4100 Quad Core 3.6GHz  AsUS M5A78L-M/USB3

Chipset- AMD 760G (780L)/SB710

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M5A78LMUSB3/#specifications

4gb ddr RAM

500 SATA HDD

i need amd kernel for this..  supporting drivers...?

how to add amd kernel into my usb.... 

help me.. to install..

i tried boot with usb .. -v ... after running some text.. my amd pc restarts.. its not going into os install..

i ve changed bios setting sata controller into AHCHI

help me to install..  

THanks in advance

sysguru, I use "amd_kernel" from this page. Just rename it to "mach_kernel" and replace file at your USB root. After installation, don't forget to open Terminal (in installer menu "Utilities") and execute:

cd /Volumes
cp USB/mach_kernel MacOS/

Where USB is label of your USB flash, and MacOS is label of partition where you installed Hackintosh.

Greetings.

I've been setting up an AMD Hackintosh with Lion 10.7.5, and I'm unable to make my internal optical drive (cd/dvd) recognized.

I previously had a Snow Leopard 10.6.8 installation on this same PC, which ran successfully for more than 2 years. Now, I have to say I'm impressed with the evolution of the 'amd hackintosh' scene, I was impressed by the ease I had installing Lion 10.7.5. 

I used myHack to create the bootable USB install and used Bronzovka's mach_rc13 kernel for it to boot, and I installed Lion without a hitch! I'm also booting into Lion successfully, graphics are apparently working correctly with QE/CI, Ethernet, USB ports. It even reads my motherboard and gfx sensors correctly almost out of the box! :) Such thing gave me major headaches on Snow Leopard.

Anyway, my cd/dvd drive is the only thing so far that is not being recognized. I tried searching for any info regarding this: I found that some people had this problem in Mountain Lion, and the workaround was to use Lion's IOAHCIFamily.kext and AppleAHCIPort.kext. Don't know if it is related to my problem or not.

I experimented with #####'s 3rd Party Sata, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector, JMicron36x ATA but nothing made my optical drive work.

Any thoughts?

My specs are:

Mobo: Asus M4A79XTD evo

CPU: Phenom II x4 955
GFX: ATI 5770
Optical drive is an IDE Philips dvd/rw, and the hard drives are all sata 3gb.

Thank you guys for all the available tutorials and general valuable info, and thank you Bronzovka, Nawcom, AnV, etc, for the work put into these awesome kernels.

Just replying to share me experience, more information can only be good!

I installed yesterday, for the first time, Niresh's 10.8.2. The first time I always got a kernel panic on boot, so I tried again but this time selected a few more options. It gave me the same error at the end of install (couldn't restart and to use Startup Disk Utility). I just clicked restart and, just as before, the bootloader came up. I just put in -v and it booted straight away, right into the OS! And it always booted fine for every boot after this.

I had no QE though. My graphics card, and here is where it gets interesting, is the Nvidia Inno3d GeForce 9500 GT, 1GB RAM. So I tried a load of drivers, but it got to a point I'd messed around with so many kexts that it wouldn't even boot in the correct resolution, so I decided to reinstall. Now I can't install without getting kernel panics.

I researched on the internet and only then did I find that AMD and Nvidia don't mix. It seems my card shouldn't, but by a freak accident I got it working. Now I can't get it working any more, not unless I use -x to boot.

Now I swapped it with my Ati Radeon HD 4550 (also a problematic card...), but I can't boot this without kernel panic either. The only difference is that I can boot into -f and see my desktop, with the Nvidia I only got a load of multicoloured lines and dots.

To install, I've used all Niresh's own drivers. His AMD kernel and I used some Nvidia kext (I can't remember if it was Natit or the other one), along with GraphicsEnabler=Yes. Now I tried reinstalling using his package for Older Nvidia Cards. This time it recognised it not as an Nvidia card, but in Inno3D card and listed the model as 9500 GT. It picked up all it's specifications better too. So that seemed to be better, but it still gave me a kernel panic and wouldn't let me boot any way other than -x.

So someone DID manage to boot an Nvidia card without -x, just don't ask me to do it again though...

I'm seeing if I can have any luck with the Ati now, but it looks doubtful. I'm going to update to 10.8.4 first and then use the AMD kernel from this thread. Unfortunately I have Niresh's 10.7.3 V2 disc, but I can't get it to boot, it just hangs :( So that means I'm dedicated to getting ML working! Unless I just go back to trusty old Snow Leopard which seems to work with everything.

My CPU is an AMD Athlon 64 X3 by the way. If you need any more specs I can dig them all out for you. I built this PC ages ago for Windows. I had another custom built one that worked fine with all Hackintosh builds, but it broke. So now I fancy a challenge on this one.