HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

@ SirFoxx, I have also experienced this panic as well, again it always seemed to be something to do with memory, I got this error every time I used multi - beast also, so I stopped using multi - beast.

I would say try the anval bootloader instead, I know I tried several different bootloaders from the customize menu before I got a successful first boot.

I know its a drag, I must have reinstalled Iatkos 6 or 7 times till I hit the jackpot, you probably don't need the PCIRootUID, I know that I didn't, it was worth a shot though.

As I say, it says that if Iatkos installs then you probably can run it, try also selecting the NVEnabler from the graphics options. 

Doh, silly me, yes it was anval bootloader plus NVEnabler that gave me my first boot. I am using GraphicsEnabler=Yes now though after editing my AGPM kext.

Best wishes.

Well, I changed to the anval loader, quoopz kernel, and the Nvidia drivers were installed, and it causes my system to crash whether GE is a Yes or No. Will keep you updated. I don't know what my memory problem is, or if that is the problem. I am not using Multi - beast, nor did I use it since it wouldn't work on my current laptop. Iaktos does install, I guess my problem is finding the magic mix to get everything to work, as per usual. Are there other flags that other people have used to get it to work?

edit--here is the latest kernel panic.2013-07-15_00-40-30_184_zpscedf353b.jpg

Well, I changed to the anval loader, quoopz kernel, and the Nvidia drivers were installed, and it causes my system to crash whether GE is a Yes or No. Will keep you updated. I don't know what my memory problem is, or if that is the problem. I am not using Multi - beast, nor did I use it since it wouldn't work on my current laptop. Iaktos does install, I guess my problem is finding the magic mix to get everything to work, as per usual. Are there other flags that other people have used to get it to work?

Hi SirFoxxi, I do not understand why do u use quoopz 10.3.0 kernel.

look here intense  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285110-amd-working-builds/  , here we have many examples of install Snow Leopard, Lion and Mountain Lion,  with very many kernels and chipset drivers-downloads.  install the appropriate chipset drivers for your hardware and use Andy Vandijk kernel , see first Post by theconnactic or other user.

or see here for many driver and Tools for hackintosh http://www.osx86.net/

Hi SirFoxxi, I do not understand why do u use quoopz 10.3.0 kernel.

look here intense  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285110-amd-working-builds/  , here we have many examples of install Snow Leopard, Lion and Mountain Lion,  with very many kernels and chipset drivers-downloads.  install the appropriate chipset drivers for your hardware and use Andy Vandijk kernel , see first Post by theconnactic or other user.

or see here for many driver and Tools for hackintosh http://www.osx86.net/

The quoopz kernel is part of the iatkos install DVD, and I'm super close to getting it to work. I guess I will try another boot loader and see what happens, but I have to download a retail DVD first, which will take most of the day with my internet : /

edit: Plus, on the list with the amd working builds, only one person got the fx-8350 to work, and he has an ATI card. I have an Nvidia gtx 295, which has 2 gpu's on the one card, so I don't know how mac osx is going to handle the card. And I'm not willing to buy another video card just to make a working hackintosh.

The quoopz kernel is part of the iatkos install DVD, and I'm super close to getting it to work. I guess I will try another boot loader and see what happens, but I have to download a retail DVD first, which will take most of the day with my internet : /

edit: Plus, on the list with the amd working builds, only one person got the fx-8350 to work, and he has an ATI card. I have an Nvidia gtx 295, which has 2 gpu's on the one card, so I don't know how mac osx is going to handle the card. And I'm not willing to buy another video card just to make a working hackintosh.

Hi SirFoxx, what cpu and motherboard do you have? for CPU FX-8350 , I think it should work fine.

Otherwise, ask Gils, a forum member from France, or inform you here on his website http://hack-my-mac.fr/index.php/forum/48-pc-bureau/28494-tutoriel-amd-fx-buldo

or use the tutorial from akimoa, but it is in German --> http://www.root86.org/entry.php/16-AMD-Phenom-Snow-Leopard-10.6.8-Retail-Tutorial-!

or the information by theconnactic

Post by theconnactic see http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285110-amd-working-builds/

Snow Leopard 10.6.8, 32-bit kernel from AnV (http://www.osx86.net...do=file&id=1675) with 64-bit user land: take a little while to boot, but shuts down and restart in less than 3 seconds. For using more than 4GB of RAM, i had to use this method: [GUIDE] Use more than 4gb RAM on AMD with 32 and 64 bit apps ..., bootflags: legacy_kernel arch=i386 -force64, GraphicsEnabler=Y, npci=0x2000;

it is very important to install the tool SystemInfo on your main operating system  (Windows version or Linux version), then upload the picture of your installed hardware here,  there you will get more detailed information of your hardware with vendor-ID and device-ID, which simplifies us to help you.

Driver for Nvidia GTX 295 ( SnowLeopard 10.6 or higher)  look here --> http://www.osx86.net/view/970-gtx295_singlepcb_for_10.6.5_and_above.html

Edited by spakk

Sorry it is being a pig, It did take me several attempts to get it to work, when you install Iatkos use only the boot flag -v, watch its progress as it boots, see if you can glean any information as to what it is using in order to get the install disc to boot and load. Dont use any other boot flags for the initial install.

I dont think Nvidia card is a problem, although the PCIRootUID=0 that you describe, ie blackscreen, then shut down does suggest graphics card issue, my PCIRootUID is 0 as well which is the default for the install as far as I am aware. Dont use the GraphicsEnabler boot flag as yet. The last thing to initialise on my boot is the graphics card.

Ideally you should be seing, cpu items first, then fake SMC, then blacklisted profiles being avoided, RTC,  then PCI config, finding hard drive for boot, internet, more blackilisted options and then the graphics card, this is the order of things loading on my succesful boots.

It seems to me that maybe this is a chipset issue rather than a processor or graphics issue, it may need a chipset driver, my board has an Nvidia chipset which I think has helped with the install on mine.

But dont be fooled, it took me four days of trying allsorts to get there, sometimes the same boot flags produce different results, I have had a kernel panic one minute then successful boot the next. It is a hard thing to do, everything Mac is Intel normally.

@SirFoxx

another way to Install SnowLeopard:
Download the Nawcom Mod v0.3 CD see here --> http://www.osx86.net/view/586-nawcom_mod_cd_v0.3.html , than  create a bootable CD.
Then set the correctly bios settings.
Then restart your PC with the MOD CD, after the MOD CD is successfully launched, take it out from the DVD Drive  and put the iATKOS DVD in the DVD Drive and press the F5 key and boot the iatkos DVD with this boot flag:  rd(0,0)/Extra/modbin_kernel -force64 -v -f
So u can boot the iatkos Install DVD and perform the installation.

@SirFoxx

another way to Install SnowLeopard:

Download the Nawcom Mod v0.3 CD see here --> http://www.osx86.net/view/586-nawcom_mod_cd_v0.3.html , than  create a bootable CD.

Then set the correctly bios settings.

Then restart your PC with the MOD CD, after the MOD CD is successfully launched, take it out from the DVD Drive  and put the iATKOS DVD in the DVD Drive and press the F5 key and boot the iatkos DVD with this boot flag:  rd(0,0)/Extra/modbin_kernel -force64 -v -f

So u can boot the iatkos Install DVD and perform the installation.

Tried what you said, I couldn't even get to the installer. Once it loads everything, the screen goes black and the monitor goes to power saver mode. When I just booted to the iAtkos CD and went from there, I could at least install the OS, but couldn't get the OS to boot. Any Ideas?

edit--just got the installer to work with the retail version of mac OSX...lets see how things go from here. As for flags, I think I used rd(0,0)/Extra/modbin_kernel -force64 maxmem=4096 busratio=20 -v -f

FINALLY!!! Got it to boot using -force64 maxmem=4096 busratio=20 -v -f. It did install my ethernet drivers, but apparently it did not recognize them, or they are incompatible with my network chip, so that is my first step, is getting internet to work. Sound kinda works, but I'm not going to worry about that right now.

Tried what you said, I couldn't even get to the installer. Once it loads everything, the screen goes black and the monitor goes to power saver mode. When I just booted to the iAtkos CD and went from there, I could at least install the OS, but couldn't get the OS to boot. Any Ideas?

edit--just got the installer to work with the retail version of mac OSX...lets see how things go from here. As for flags, I think I used rd(0,0)/Extra/modbin_kernel -force64 maxmem=4096 busratio=20 -v -f

FINALLY!!! Got it to boot using -force64 maxmem=4096 busratio=20 -v -f. It did install my ethernet drivers, but apparently it did not recognize them, or they are incompatible with my network chip, so that is my first step, is getting internet to work. Sound kinda works, but I'm not going to worry about that right now.

Glad you got something working, it does seem that success in this is a try everything and anything approach.

You may still find some helpful hints from my previous posts in terms of getting graphics and sound etc to work and also about modifying kexts and preserving the Mac_kernel that you need.

The process is obviously going to be different now as you have had to approach it a differnet way, but the Nvidia graphics options, editing the AGPM and the chameleon bootloader update may still be relevant in the future.

Best wishes and good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Please help! Can I run Mountain Lion on my configuration:

OS - Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5
CPU - DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+, 2200 MHz
MB - Asus M2N-E (nVIDIA nForce 570 SLI, AMD Hammer)
RAM - 2 x 512M DDR2 667 MHz + 2 x 1024Mb DDR2 800 MHz
VIDEO - nVidia GeForce 7600GT 256Mb 
HDD - 1Tb Hitachi HDS721010CLA + 320Gb WDC WD32 00AAKS-00SBA
ODD - HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22LS50
SOUND - Analog Devices AD1988B
LAN - Gigabit Ethernet Realtek RTL8111C
WiFi - Airport Extreme Atheros AR5BXB112

my graphic card support only 32bit!!

Nearly have a perfect Lion 10.7.5 running with GeForce 8800GT, and using "lion kernel update 3", all seems good, one last problem.

If I plug in an extra monitor the system freezes immediatly, and also it only boots up to a blank white/grey screen with two monitors. Is there a fix for this?

I know I made a mistake trying to install OSX on an AMD machine, but I've spent so many hours (around 12) of troubleshooting, I feel like I'm already too deep in. I'm finally ready to ask for help.

I have tried 3 different versions of Niresh, and iAtkos and I've still not figured this out. I'm not even getting kernel panics, or error screens, my PC is just restarting. I managed to install an older version of iAtkos (Like 10.5.7) to a virtual machine, and that's the closest I've gotten.

I've tried the flags: amd, "Kernel Cache"=\amd arch=i386, colors=32, cpus=1, graphicsenabler=yes, graphicsenabler=no, maxmem=4096

9/10 times I just get a restart. The words that flash on the screen are far too fast for me to notice. I've enabled AHCI (which I don't think would have any effect at this stage anyway), my bios screen is a bit different from what I see most guides for, but I feel like I have everything disabled that needs to be. I have one of the newer bios screens so if I'm missing something, that may be it. I can't get it to install on a virtual machine either so I doubt that's the issue.

The times I do get an error message it's the memory allocation one (Usually due to a flag I was just trying) or on the virtual machine I'll occasionally get "tsc_init: EFI not supported!"

I'm going to ad my PC specs in my signature, but for now I'll post them in this post.

AMD FX-8120 (I do have it overclocked a little bit with AMD overdrive, I don't know if this would effect it? I actually just realized.)

ASRock 990FX Exreme4

16 Gigs of DDR3

AMD Radeon HD 7870

EDIT: Here is a video of what typically happens.

Edited by cXm0d

I've recently used myhack, and a retail 10.8.3, with an AMD kernel that was confirmed to work with my setup. I got it to install, I just can't get it to boot. It always gives me the "Memory allocation error0xdeadbeef" no matter what flag. I read amongst the jibbersh the word "ATI" so it may have something to do with my card? I'm aware my card has limited to no support for this OS, but someone else said they used the same kernel and was able to get it to boot. With graphical glitches.

• Like 1

You need MyHack and retail, period - it's not a holier than thou instance, it's because Niresh's content is old and it's very very deprecated by now. Won't work.

So you need a retail copy, to which you'll add one of the latest Lion kernels for AMD - search in Insanelymac's downloads section. Place it at the root of your installer and after installation, in the root of your HDD, renaming it as amd_kernel. Because of you graphics card, which only work with Mountain Lion 10.8.3 +, never with Lion, and even with Mountain Lion it needs workarounds, you'll have also to delete all AMD Radeon kexts from the installer and from the final installation too. Boot with  amd_kernel arch=i386 -v -f npci=0x2000 and that of course means you won't have graphics acceleration or even proper resolution, which imho cripples OSX's user experience badly. My advice? Buy a HD5450 Silent (has to be silent, preferentially Sapphire) because they're very cheap and will work with a couple of easy kext edits with both Lion and Mountain Lion - flawlessly with Lion, with tolerable glitches under Mountain Lion. 

All the best!

Hi

My PC spec is:

CPU: AMD X4 955 

MOBO: ASUS M5A78L/USB3 

RAM: 4Gb DDR3 1600MHz 

GPU: HD6770 flashed to HD5770 

System installed on this PC was 10.7.5. (iAtkos L2 + Combo to 10.7.5 )

Added kexts by me:

-VooDooHDA 

-Lnx2Mac (for ethernet controller) 

My PC is identify like iMac 12.1.

Verbose Mode:

2iw0ry8.jpg

Boot flags:

2cncymq.jpg

No Still waiting for root device.

Please, help !

Hi

My PC spec is:

CPU: AMD X4 955 
MOBO: ASUS M5A78L/USB3 
RAM: 4Gb DDR3 1600MHz 
GPU: HD6770 flashed to HD5770 

System installed on this PC was 10.7.5. (iAtkos L2 + Combo to 10.7.5 )

Added kexts by me:

-VooDooHDA 
-Lnx2Mac (for ethernet controller) 

My PC is identify like iMac 12.1.

Verbose Mode:
2iw0ry8.jpg

Boot flags:
2cncymq.jpg

No Still waiting for root device.

Please, help !

you have two npci settings, and try usblegacy=off

<key>USBLegacyOff</key>

<string>Yes</string>

Definitely try arch=i386.  If that doesn't work, then look at other things.

In Sannti's pictures, I notice a few things.

The next to last line says the "System bootstrapper has crashed" when called by "launchd".  You aren't going anywhere until that is fixed.

The 5 lines right above that talk about launchd trying to load a library in the CoreFoundation framework and failing.  And that probably leads to the crash.

Then, the next 4 lines above that talk about an hfs corruption on the hard drive.  And a few lines above that, the journal (jnl) is flagging an unknown device.

The only recommendation I can make from all of that is potentially needing a reinstallation.  Something is wrong with the CoreFoundation framework and that needs to be fixed.  In addition, I would be suspicious of a possible corruption on your hard drive.

I agree that there are two "npci" settings in the Boot.plist and that should be cleaned up, but it seems to get past the PCI configuration step successfully, so I don't think that is the problem.

Also, the error message about USB I've seen before, and maybe setting "usblegacy" to "off" will get rid of the error, but again, I don't think that is the main problem.

You need MyHack and retail, period - it's not a holier than thou instance, it's because Niresh's content is old and it's very very deprecated by now. Won't work.

So you need a retail copy, to which you'll add one of the latest Lion kernels for AMD - search in Insanelymac's downloads section. Place it at the root of your installer and after installation, in the root of your HDD, renaming it as amd_kernel. Because of you graphics card, which only work with Mountain Lion 10.8.3 +, never with Lion, and even with Mountain Lion it needs workarounds, you'll have also to delete all AMD Radeon kexts from the installer and from the final installation too. Boot with  amd_kernel arch=i386 -v -f npci=0x2000 and that of course means you won't have graphics acceleration or even proper resolution, which imho cripples OSX's user experience badly. My advice? Buy a HD5450 Silent (has to be silent, preferentially Sapphire) because they're very cheap and will work with a couple of easy kext edits with both Lion and Mountain Lion - flawlessly with Lion, with tolerable glitches under Mountain Lion. 

All the best!

So even if I went with a Lion install, I'd still be out of luck with this card? I mean I doubt I'd even want to run it if I can't get close to full support.

• Like 1