HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

@NOMAD8459

I guess you are familiar with *Nix environment.
AHCI driver for windows has nothing to do with AHCI driver (kext) in OSX.
If your installer can't find your HDD, it means you really should install that kext.
To install that kext into your installer media, you just copy it into /S/L/E
and fix permission. (just take a look at another file at /S/L/E and make it same with chmod and chown).
since you are using AMD Processor, you can't use mach_kernel, the only AMD kernel that I can suggest is amd_kernel by Andy Vandjick.
just put it in root of your installer media and make file permission same as mach_kernel.
and don't forget to add amd_kernel arch=x86_64 as boot flags.

Hi, not sure what nix environment is am sorry, could you be more detailed, sorry to be a pain but my experience with Macs is severely limited to end user at college, I have no idea on the operating environment side of things?

Should I be trying to get SL or ML working? Have read that SL is required as a first requirement?

chmod and chown are beyond me also am afraid, I have no access to a mac currently, need things I can do in windows??

I have seen people use virtual box to run SL but I want a full dual boot if possible to ensure some stability.

Is my goal of running Logic successfully way off??

Hey guys!  :)

I recently just bought my parts for building an AMD Hackintosh System..

specs:

CPU: AMD FX 8120 at 3.1Ghz 

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 (Default Settings)

RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz

AUDIO: Realtek ALC887 Built-In

LAN: Realtek RTL8111E Built In

HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue SATA III 500GB

GPU: HIS IceQ X Radeon HD 6870 1GB

Well I've been trying to get 10.8.2 to work on my system for a long time, got tired of reading all of the things in the forum for clues to get into the installation menu.  :whistle:

I do have have experience with Intel hackintosh machines. In fact, I am using one right now (working 100% stable) to help me manage this usb installer.

Is there anyone who has a working system similar to my specs? If so HELP ME PLEASE!  :P

- a step by step guide would really help!

At the moment, I will try Bitcore's mini tutorial to see if i can get into the install menu with iATKOS ML2...

(http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285760-help-topic-further-help-in-chatosx86hulegacykernel-irc/page-8 #147)

- used myhack usb installer method but it still causes instant reboots and kernel panics with some kernels

- attempted to use clover bootloader, but it does an instant reboot with anv's latest kernel

In the mean time, i'll be right back to test out this method of bitcore's.

^_^

-UPDATE-

iAtkos ML2 boots up with the boot flags "amd_kernel npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0 -v -f"

- First issue encountered: My HDD isn't showing up on the installer

--------

- works now!

got into the OS by using mach_sse42_only and clover boot loader 

now i'm into the part of testing other kernels because this one has graphical glitches on my 6870

I managed to get 10.6.8 going on my machine but screwed the install up messing about with graphics, next step, try to get back to 10.6.8, then try 10.7.2 from there.

Hey guys!  :)

I recently just bought my parts for building an AMD Hackintosh System..

specs:

CPU: AMD FX 8120 at 3.1Ghz 

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 (Default Settings)

RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz

AUDIO: Realtek ALC887 Built-In

LAN: Realtek RTL8111E Built In

HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue SATA III 500GB

GPU: HIS IceQ X Radeon HD 6870 1GB

Well I've been trying to get 10.8.2 to work on my system for a long time, got tired of reading all of the things in the forum for clues to get into the installation menu.  :whistle:

I do have have experience with Intel hackintosh machines. In fact, I am using one right now (working 100% stable) to help me manage this usb installer.

Is there anyone who has a working system similar to my specs? If so HELP ME PLEASE!  :P

- a step by step guide would really help!

At the moment, I will try Bitcore's mini tutorial to see if i can get into the install menu with iATKOS ML2...

(http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285760-help-topic-further-help-in-chatosx86hulegacykernel-irc/page-8 #147)

- used myhack usb installer method but it still causes instant reboots and kernel panics with some kernels

- attempted to use clover bootloader, but it does an instant reboot with anv's latest kernel

In the mean time, i'll be right back to test out this method of bitcore's.

^_^

-UPDATE-

iAtkos ML2 boots up with the boot flags "amd_kernel npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0 -v -f"

- First issue encountered: My HDD isn't showing up on the installer

--------

- works now!

got into the OS by using mach_sse42_only and clover boot loader 

now i'm into the part of testing other kernels because this one has graphical glitches on my 6870

All the kernels will have artifacting. None of them have a fix for it yet. Apparently the 4xxx cards have minimal artifacting. But 5xxx/6xxx/7xxx all have artifacts severely. You can still use the OS, but if the artifacts are irritating, just back up the ATI6000Controller.kext and remove it, reboot and make sure your video settings are set to the max resolution you can use. But no OpenGL apps/games will work. Even with QE/CI working, if you run Cinebench the OpenGL test will pretty much completely fail.

Apparently the 4xxx cards have minimal artifacting. But 5xxx/6xxx/7xxx all have artifacts severely.

The 5450 silent model, device Id 0x68f91002, will have minimal artifacts, just like the 4xxx series cards, but will have OpenGL fully working, meaning all games and rendering software will do fine. It's the most well-rounded option for Mountain Lion on AMD systems at the moment, and it's rather cheap, meaning it's worthy to be bought as a temporary solution until a fix for the higher end cards comes up.

All the best!

• Like 1

Hello--

I have tried several times to get 10.8 to work on my machine My specs are:

Asus sabertooth R2.0

AMD FX-8350 4.0 ghz

8gb Ram

GTX 295 nVidia dual GPU card

I am using the amd_kernel instead of the stock mach_kernel, along with the flag arch=x86_64, -x -v. It starts loading all the files, then it stops with a "log" of what it did. I hit Q to exit the viewer, and the screen goes black and my computer resets. I have read that the kernels do not like nvidia cards, and to use the flag graphicsenabler=no, but that doesn't do anything either. I have gotten a screen that said "system setup in nanoseconds", but it just sits there. Above it says panic(kernel) with some hexadecimal, but nothing specific, and I've only been able to get that screen twice in my troubles. Should I try 10.7 or 10.6? Any other advice on what I should do?

If you see my post above, I have Nvidia GTX 470, AMD1090T on an ASUS M4N98TD, I tried unsuccesfully with mountain lion too.

I have now got a fully working dual booting machine by using Iatkos S3 to install snow leopard 10.6.3, really easy install to be honest, once you have grasped it, now you have USB 3 to worry about too, I have heard there may be issues with this and that would take further research.

Once snow leopard is in full 1080P resolution, it looks really good and I can see no reason myself to want to update it to lion currently but then my software that I wish to run, runs well on Leopard.

Also I believe that SLI will not work under Mac so one card only, if you look on my post here: it details everything I did to get a working install, now youe ethernet and MCP and sound are going to be different so some tweaking may be required.

I dont really know what improvements ML brings over SL but SL is enough for me, its only running with 4GB memory however so if you want to run intensive applications, may not have good results.

Here is my post:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/290323-any-mac-os-x-on-790a-chipset-nforce-chipset-amd-processor-ha-i-know/

I will definitely try this sometime today, however I think I will have some questions along the way. In your post above, what does ML and SL stand for? I keep seeing these when I do google searches, and I am curios what they mean. I am currently using my front port usb for my usb stick, so 3.0 shouldn't be an issue, I think. The gtx 295 is a single card, but with 2 PCB's on it. Technically it is 1 card, but I think it still counts as SLI..? Is there a way to make it only use one of the 2 GPU's?

I don't wanna sounds desperate but the fact is, I give up trying to make my 5570 (0x675F1002) QE/CI enabled.

Now I just trying my onboard GeForce 7025/nForce 630a QE/CI enabled.

this is my detail.

h89zc9f.png

1. AMD II X2 240.
  2. 10.8.4

Manually inject 0x03D610de&0xffe0ffff to NVDAGF100Hal.kext

boot with GE=Y/N

stuck at  macx_swapon SUCCESS (waited for about 30 minutes and nothing changes)

Am I doing it wrong?

or there's no onboard gpu support on amd?

Hi, I have been wanting to hackintosh for ages, but its taken me a while to get my PC nice and stable, its a self build and had issues with an old power supply, so I am quite a noob really. Having said that I have gleaned a lot of information from where I can.

Mmmmm, the GTX295 is an interesting card, not read much about this beast to be honest, it does say in some blurb that it is "like" SLI, whether that gets you past the no SLI on mac I do not know, am sure the card will show up, If my custom GTX470 can.

SL is Snow leopard and ML is Mountain LIon, it is something that had me wondering as well, not to be confused with S/L/E which is the path on the root of your HD to the system/library/extensions folder.....

If I can help, just shout.

I have written a full step by step guide at the end of my post here on how I got fully functioning Snow leopard 10.6.8

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/290323-any-mac-os-x-on-790a-chipset-nforce-chipset-amd-processor-ha-i-know/

The way I got my GTX 470 to work properly was to edit the AGPM kext, copy it to your desktop, find out what your computer is listed as, either mac mini or mac pro or whatever, find this in the long list of devices within the plist, then edit the device vendor id to match your card on one of the listings, if your mac mini or mac pro or whatever is not listed then edit an existing one to what your system profiler states that you have, now in the AGPM are a load of power states, many of them refer to NVIDIA cards, and so can be changed quite easilly to match an NVIDIA card, not sure what to do with AMD but then there are MACS with AMD cards too. Check the device vendors in the list to see if any are AMD and use that one for your amendments. Edit using text editor then save, then drag and drop the kext onto "Kext Utility" available on #####. Then fix permissions on disk.

Also of course I installed cuda drivers, rebooted and then manually installed nvidia drivers for mac from their driver package.

Then I  used Chamelon Wizard to update the bootloader on the boot drive to its latest version, using the download option, after this and after setting GraphicsEnabler=Yes, "Graphics Mode"="1920x1080x32@60"  then my GTX470 showed up listed as a GTX470 with 1280mb of VRAM.

The combination of the two seemed to get everything working ok, but this was on Snow Leopard.

So step by step....

Open S/L/E then find AGPM kext, highlight it, right click, copy and save to your desktop.

Once there, right click again and click, show package contents.

Then open the Plist.info version file or something using text editor.

Find within the long list the heading that matches your mac mini or mac pro or imac or whatever.

Alter the device vendor ID to whatever you have, check system profiler, if it says 0x06cd like mine does then you just need to insert the 06cd at the end where it says device vendor, AMD may be different.

These low and high thresholds are the shifts in power states that a NVIDIA Gpu has, these I altered to suit my card after finding a post on a GTX470.

Save the plist once completed, basically, your device vendor ID and the computer type in the AGPM should match your own system.

Drag and drop the kext onto Kext utility, let it run.

Open Chameleon wizard, install new bootloader with latest downloaded version.

After an all nighter and nearly pulling my hair out, I have successfully completed my first ever Hackintosh install. I've installed ML on my Phenom II X4 830 system. 

Of course since I have a GTX560 (non ti) the only way I can get in is with -x

I'm aware of the issues with Nvidia cards, but after reading over in the testing thread I see that some users have gotten their cards working. This might be a long shot, but any advice on getting my GTX560 going so graphics are at least usable? 

Thanks in advance. 

Hi, I have been wanting to hackintosh for ages, but its taken me a while to get my PC nice and stable, its a self build and had issues with an old power supply, so I am quite a noob really. Having said that I have gleaned a lot of information from where I can.

Mmmmm, the GTX295 is an interesting card, not read much about this beast to be honest, it does say in some blurb that it is "like" SLI, whether that gets you past the no SLI on mac I do not know, am sure the card will show up, If my custom GTX470 can.

SL is Snow leopard and ML is Mountain LIon, it is something that had me wondering as well, not to be confused with S/L/E which is the path on the root of your HD to the system/library/extensions folder.....

If I can help, just shout.

I have written a full step by step guide at the end of my post here on how I got fully functioning Snow leopard 10.6.8

Ok so I got the installer to work-Horray!!! However, after it is installed, it starts to load everything, and the furthest I got was it started the sound service (loud pop with speakers) and then black screen and reset. I've been reinstalling trying different options, but no luck. Sometimes I get a kernel panic with the com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFAMILY, which I think means it has to do with my videocard? I do have a old PCI sound card in my computer, but could that be affecting my startup? As for boot flags, I have to use "cpus=1 busratio=20 maxmem=4096 -v -f" and it starts the installer just fine. Not so much with the actual OS. If I can get it so the audio pops again, I will let you know what options I have enabled to get it that far. i know I am using the quoopz 10.3.0 kernel and the RC5 bootloader with some msc. drivers.

Edit: I have a picture of the kernel panic for anyone that is interested in helping. If you need it so it isn't as bright, let me know.

2013-07-13_02-47-03_229_zps19c5d631.jpg

Ok so I got the installer to work-Horray!!! However, after it is installed, it starts to load everything, and the furthest I got was it started the sound service (loud pop with speakers) and then black screen and reset. I've been reinstalling trying different options, but no luck. Sometimes I get a kernel panic with the com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFAMILY, which I think means it has to do with my videocard? I do have a old PCI sound card in my computer, but could that be affecting my startup? As for boot flags, I have to use "cpus=1 busratio=20 maxmem=4096 -v -f" and it starts the installer just fine. Not so much with the actual OS. If I can get it so the audio pops again, I will let you know what options I have enabled to get it that far. i know I am using the quoopz 10.3.0 kernel and the RC5 bootloader with some msc. drivers.

Edit: I have a picture of the kernel panic for anyone that is interested in helping. If you need it so it isn't as bright, let me know.

2013-07-13_02-47-03_229_zps19c5d631.jpg

use the roollback from the previous Mountain Lion version (IOPCIFamily.kext)

use the roollback from the previous Mountain Lion version (IOPCIFamily.kext)

This may be a noobish question, but how do I do that..? Also, I guess I should have said that I am using the iATKOS_S3_version2.iso which is the modified Snow Leopard.

Try npci=0x2000 and also try either PCIRootUID=1 or 0 boot flags

DId you say that you have got the installer working??

Are you now trying to boot into it for the first time?

I always seem to get a similar panic, ie 14 page fault etc, when I try to allow it to boot without maxmem=4096, but it could still be the npci flag.

Are you installing sound options? I didn't install any, VoodooHDA 2.8.2 installed downloaded and installed afterwards worked for me.

I have got rid of my cpus=1 bootflag now that I have it all installed and it using all six cores. For initial boots keep the cpus=1. AMD 1090T X6 running at 3.86Ghz all cores...

The npci=0x2000 I am still using and it can be important, also the PCIRootUID can be essential for some installs.

My bootflags for first boot were cpus=1 busratio=19 npci=0x2000 maxmem=4096 -v -f

I installed several times trying different options but in the end a very basic option seemed to work best, I didn't install any sound or video options and just selected the kernel and the bootloader really, this seemed to give me the boot.

Make sure all the fake smc and rtc kexts are being installed, the default Iatkos options, you need these for sure. Alls I did was change bootloader selection to RC5 and use Quoopz then deselect the sound options. 

Iatkos does say that if it installs, you will be able to run it, we just have to get you in there now, do some fixing afterwards maybe.

Good luck

Try npci=0x2000 and also try either PCIRootUID=1 or 0 boot flags

DId you say that you have got the installer working??

Are you now trying to boot into it for the first time?

I always seem to get a similar panic, ie 14 page fault etc, when I try to allow it to boot without maxmem=4096, but it could still be the npci flag.

The npci=0x2000 I am still using and it can be important, also the PCIRootUID can be essential for some installs.

My bootflags for first boot were cpus=1 busratio=19 npci=0x2000 maxmem=4096 -v -f

I installed several times trying different options but in the end a very basic option seemed to work best, I didn't install any sound or video options and just selected the kernel and the bootloader really, this seemed to give me the boot.

Make sure all the fake smc and rtc kexts are being installed, the default Iatkos options, you need these for sure. Alls I did was change bootloader selection to RC5 and use Quoopz then deselect the sound options. 

Iatkos does say that if it installs, you will be able to run it, we just have to get you in there now, do some fixing afterwards maybe.

Good luck

Sorry I wasn't super clear on what I did with the installer. I reinstalled MacOSX with the RC5 loader, quoopz 10.3.0, and the default patches minus the sound. For boot flags, I use " cpus=1 busratio=20 npci=0x2000 maxmem=4096 PCIRootUID=1/0 -v -f". Few things--With the RootUID set to one, it makes my system almost immediately crash when it starts to load Mac OSX (Yes, I am trying to get it to boot for the first time ever). With it set to 0, it makes it almost to the screen after all the loading, black screen then reboot. That was when the Audio Driver would kick in, but the OS failed to load, causing a reset. When I try -x for safe mode, I get another different kernel panic. I can get into single user mode( -s ) but not too sure what to do from there. If I can get this all to work, I would be so happy to make a video since the FX series is still kinda new to the whole OSX86 thing, in a sense..Sure some people have gotten it to work with their FX, but I dont have the same hardware as them. Also, what does the npci=0x2000 thing do?

p.s. In the picture, if you cannot see what the panic is, it is a "pmap_steal_memory"@........Again, IMO it is hard to read what it says..so if you need me to try to lower the brightness, lmk

2013-07-14_01-05-40_717_zps1b38b1d7.jpg

:o How!? I've been trying to get my GTX560 working for over a week

Explained above, edited AGPM kext and also update Chamelon Bootloader to latest downloaded version using Chameleon Wizard

http://forums.macrumors.com/archive/index.php/t-1376182.html         See if this helps.....

@ SirFoxx, I have also experienced this panic as well, again it always seemed to be something to do with memory, I got this error every time I used multi - beast also, so I stopped using multi - beast.

I would say try the anval bootloader instead, I know I tried several different bootloaders from the customize menu before I got a successful first boot.

I know its a drag, I must have reinstalled Iatkos 6 or 7 times till I hit the jackpot, you probably don't need the PCIRootUID, I know that I didn't, it was worth a shot though.

As I say, it says that if Iatkos installs then you probably can run it, try also selecting the NVEnabler from the graphics options. 

Doh, silly me, yes it was anval bootloader plus NVEnabler that gave me my first boot. I am using GraphicsEnabler=Yes now though after editing my AGPM kext.

Best wishes.

Might be a kernel problem but can anyone try Adobe After Effects CC, crashes on my system....

Use after effects in Windows, its just as good..... 

This may be a noobish question, but how do I do that..? Also, I guess I should have said that I am using the iATKOS_S3_version2.iso which is the modified Snow Leopard.

sorry, I've read about it :hysterical: :( , then take a rollback from the previous version