HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

I think you have a HW sensors kext, I do not have any...

Look in the post I just made in the previous page on the install process using ML2, it will be easier than trying to find out what the problem is right now...

and my bootflag using ML2 was just: amd_kernel -v

Sorry bro,i cannot help you there, I tried it before using dsdt but it is confusing... Will test it in about a week when I get some time as I have a couple of assignments to do...college life...lol

That's ok bro, thanks for all your help as it is, I'm finally able to use my 40" and listen on it too lol

Also check it out. My OC settings are 245mhz and 15x multiplier. Using the busratio flag would force the kernel to detect the correct clock speed, but it still said 17x and 200mhz. I found that if I use busratio=15 AND fsb=245, everything is detected perfectly.

@clemjo6

Are you telling me that I got redo my USB using the iatkos ML2 image? Basically start from scratch...... :(

Even if I do that will I not still have the HWSensors kext...

gimme a sec...trying to figure things out

edit: try finding and deleting fakesmc.kext in /S/L/E

That's ok bro, thanks for all your help as it is, I'm finally able to use my 40" and listen on it too lol

Also check it out. My OC settings are 245mhz and 15x multiplier. Using the busratio flag would force the kernel to detect the correct clock speed, but it still said 17x and 200mhz. I found that if I use busratio=15 AND fsb=245, everything is detected perfectly.

Nice, I found when I turned the turbo off, my SL started giving me audio problems, I had to add fsb=200 AND busratio=14...lol...

Ok, sorry dont mean to hassle :)

I still think the ML2 way will be easier than trying to figure out where the problem is...

Maybe try the usbfix flag...

@clemj06

Would using iatkos ML2 present better errors during install? Ok, will get on that but it take a while as everything with my bootable USB happens on my virtualbox :(

Will also try the USBBusFix flag...

And the saga continues :(

@clemjo6

Did the iatkos ML2 USB, booted with it and I get a blank black screen with a blinking cursor, nothing happens :(

@IiTz ShAnE

On it now..... I think I should go with 0x2000 for npci and USBBUsFix=Yes right? Npci=0x3000 seems to yield a different error...

@clemjo6

Did the iatkos ML2 USB, booted with it and I get a blank black screen with a blinking cursor, nothing happens :(

@IiTz ShAnE

On it now..... I think I should go with 0x2000 for npci and USBBUsFix=Yes right? Npci=0x3000 seems to yield a different error...

Try amd_kernel USBLegacyOff=Yes npci=0x2000 -x -v

@IiTz Shane

I got some good news... for the very first time in the last fortnight I got into the installer... Yippppeeeeeeee... :king:

But I got some bad news as well - my mouse died.... I was able to get the first two screens out by using the keyboard but when it asked me to choose the partition (I had already used gparted to create a hfs+ partition), it asked me to format it using GUID partition table but I could not get to the menu items as I had no mouse.... Strange thing is I did not see a Utilities menu item from which I have to pick DiskUtility....

I do not know what could be the issue here... So near yet so far :(

The flags I used were amd_kernel npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No arch=x86_64 USBBusFix=Yes -v

What now? Should I try again and hope the mouse works....

Are you sure he needs the USBBusFix flag?

I get the same error message and freeze unless I use the USBLegacy flag.

@IiTz ShAnE

Do I have to run myFix again in order update kernel caches as I have modified kexts (after putting in your kexts into /Extra/Extensions). Just want to do everything before I give it another shot :)

No you can ignore the caches with -f or -x in safe boot. Use the following to try boot again,

amd_kernel npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No USBLegacyOff=Yes -x -v

Which pretty much sums up this attempt - I got stuck at the "USBF.....CheckSleepCompatibility" stage (ss attached).

Looks like I need USBBusFix=Yes. Do I both USBBusFix and USBLegacyOff?

Also would USBLegacyOff be related to the mouse issue that I facing on install?

Also in the SS the ApplePS2 kext failed, I hope that is not an issue

USBBusFix enables all the USB fixes within chameleon. He said his mouse and kb weren't working and one of the 3 USB fixes may be causing it hence why I said to use only USBLegacyOff.

Only mouse Shane, the keyboard did work

post-1149290-0-31504900-1365794442_thumb.jpg

Remove the ApplePS2 kexts then. Can you try your mouse in another USB port? Replace the USBLegacy flag with the BusFix to create this then,

amd_kernel npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes -x -v

Actually while in the installer, realizing that the mouse was konking off, I replugged it into all possible USB ports that my machine had but no dice.... :(

I do not know if replugging while the device has stopped working really helps......

Removing the apple ps2 kext now (each time I got to get into my VM and that takes its own sweet time!).....

One other thing I noticed was that the installer was dead slow - it took me 5 minutes to get through 2 screens before having to choose installation destination... just thought I should let you guys know!

Peace

Actually while in the installer, realizing that the mouse was konking off, I replugged it into all possible USB ports that my machine had but no dice.... :(

I do not know if replugging while the device has stopped working really helps......

Removing the apple ps2 kext now (each time I got to get into my VM and that takes its own sweet time!).....

One other thing I noticed was that the installer was dead slow - it took me 5 minutes to get through 2 screens before having to choose installation destination... just thought I should let you guys know!

Peace

Try these two files. Make a backup of the originals within System/Library/Extensions and then replace with the two I uploaded then boot with,

amd_kernel npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes -x -v

Archive.zip

Guys,

Something strange is going on. This time I again stopped at "USBF................ CheckSleepCompatibility" (attached SS). The only changes from the last time I made it into the installer is

1. The addition f the 2 kexts out of which I deleted one (the appleps2 kext) and left the other.

2. Addition of the -x flag which I know is for safe boot

So I am wondering what is going wrong. Should I remove that other kext too?

:(

EDIT 1 : Just saw your new attachment, so

I am getting rid of all the /Extra/Extensions kexts.

I am putting in your 2 news kexts into S/L/E. Fingers crossed :)

EDIT 2 : LATEST UPDATE

@ItIz ShAnE

Now I am stumped. I am always getting stuck at "USBF..........CheckSleepCompatibility". To recap what I did:

1. I removed the 2 apple ps2 kexts you gave from /E/E

2. I added the 2 news IOUSB kexts you gave to S/L/E

I tried both with -x and without - but in both cases I was stuck at the same point.....

Now I am really lost..... Suddenly wondering if all the changes I am making to the USB installer is even taking effect :(

Another thing just struck me - could it be arch=x86_64, that is another difference....

post-1149290-0-96598600-1365796615_thumb.jpg

Guys,

Something strange is going on. This time I again stopped at "USBF................ CheckSleepCompatibility" (attached SS). The only changes from the last time I made it into the installer is

1. The addition f the 2 kexts out of which I deleted one (the appleps2 kext) and left the other.

2. Addition of the -x flag which I know is for safe boot

So I am wondering what is going wrong. Should I remove that other kext too?

:(

EDIT 1 : Just saw your new attachment, so

I am getting rid of all the /Extra/Extensions kexts.

I am putting in your 2 news kexts into S/L/E. Fingers crossed :)

EDIT 2 : LATEST UPDATE

@ItIz ShAnE

Now I am stumped. I am always getting stuck at "USBF..........CheckSleepCompatibility". To recap what I did:

1. I removed the 2 apple ps2 kexts you gave from /E/E

2. I added the 2 news IOUSB kexts you gave to S/L/E

I tried both with -x and without - but in both cases I was stuck at the same point.....

Now I am really lost..... Suddenly wondering if all the changes I am making to the USB installer is even taking effect :(

Another thing just struck me - could it be arch=x86_64, that is another difference....

You have a USB Mouse?

I installed Lion and Mountain Lion whit myHack and a USB Mouse, and it was detected, the only problem is the ps2 Keyboard , i have to replug the keyboard everytime i boot into the system.