HELP TOPIC - further help in chat.osx86.hu/#legacykernel (IRC)

SL ML AMD APU FX Bulldozer

• Please log in to reply
2243 replies to this topic

nankura

nankura

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
i made it to the installer, partitions with the mac filesystem - non encrypted, installed the operating system. here are my launch commands

amd BusRatio=17 GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes -x -v -f

After the installation finish's, it fails due to an error to do with the boot drive. and advises me to use startup disk utility, i try that, select the hard disk, and it says there is an error with the hard disk and cache and that it cant boot the operating system

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts

i made it to the installer, partitions with the mac filesystem - non encrypted, installed the operating system. here are my launch commands

amd BusRatio=17 GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes -x -v -f

After the installation finish's, it fails due to an error to do with the boot drive. and advises me to use startup disk utility, i try that, select the hard disk, and it says there is an error with the hard disk and cache and that it cant boot the operating system

Don't use the startup utility. Must failed install messages are fake if they appear in the end of the process, and you should have tried to boot the system normally or, at least, ask help here before trying anything on your own. Now, try it, using your USB stick but selecting your HDD: if it doesn't boot, perhaps the startup utiliy broke something, and you'll have to start over. Good luck.

and finally, after many weeks I configured my hackintosh fully works, thanks everbody for the tips.

Congrats. Audio stuttering can be, among other things, a busratio issue. Check it out. As a long-term goal, do a research about patching AppleHDA so you get native audio support instead.

All the best!

YaPaY

YaPaY

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:xbox one

Don't use the startup utility. Must failed install messages are fake if they appear in the end of the process, and you should have tried to boot the system normally or, at least, ask help here before trying anything on your own. Now, try it, using your USB stick but selecting your HDD: if it doesn't boot, perhaps the startup utiliy broke something, and you'll have to start over. Good luck.

Congrats. Audio stuttering can be, among other things, a busratio issue. Check it out. As a long-term goal, do a research about patching AppleHDA so you get native audio support instead.

All the best!

Actually my sound problem has been solved via my mb's dsdt.aml. I found the exact dsdt for my mb and after that it works very well. (instead of stuttering)

Busratio didn't help me plus when I boot with x86_64 many apps doesnt work (chrome,geekbench,etc)

I think it's related 8gb ram, I'm looking for solution also this, too.

Bytheway about kernels, what would you suggest to me RC8 or RC10?

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts
RC8 all the way: far more stable.

ADHDMedia

ADHDMedia

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
Hey theconnatic, since you've been such a huge help for me so far, I'm gonna ask you another quick question. I'm finally up and running on 10.7.5 in 64bit userland, running FCPX now with no problem. My only remaining issue has to do with audio/video sync issues. First, I have a stutter when any audio begins playing. Second, playback in FCPX and iTunes for example, is not 100%. The video is slightly slower than the audio, throwing everything off after only a second or two. Playing video through YouTube gives me no issues. Any idea where I can start looking into a solution to this problem? Thanks in advance.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts
It can be a busratio issue (perhaps you need to add your correct busratio to your boot flags), a VoodooHDA issue (check if sse3 is enabled, if not enable it and see if there are improvements) or perhaps you need a dsdt for your motherboard (search for it, if it exists). Perhaps a combination of all three, or even other things - you'll have to research yourself, but use my suggestions as a starting point.

All the best!

ADHDMedia

ADHDMedia

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
...quick tip for finding the correct busratio for my processor/mobo...? And how would I go about checking if sse3 is enabled or not..? Thanks for the quick reply. I have no problem doing the footwork myself, I just need to know where to start.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts
1) CPU-Z
2) SystemPreferences/VoodooHDA (correction: sse2, not sse3)

Best regards!

ADHDMedia

ADHDMedia

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
1) My busratio should be 15, but when I type in busratio=15 I'm not sure anything is happening. I tried typing in busratio=a bunch of random values from 15-22, and it booted and behaved the same way no matter what I put.
2) I got rid of VoodooHDA completely. I'm using a Tascam USB audio device that behaves normally under Snow Leopard. Audio/video sync issues are the same either way.
3) I've searched for a long time for a DSDT for my ASUS M478LT-M but I have never been able to find one.
***EDIT: I downloaded the DSDT editor, extracted my DSDT, fixed errors (surprisingly there were 0 errors remaining) and saved my DSDT.aml to /Extra. I've never been able to make this work before. It still, however, hasn't solved my problems.***

I'm beginning to wonder if I'm doomed to always be stuck on Snow Leopard LOL I ordered a Gigabyte Radeon HD 5450 that should be here in about a week, at which point I'm gonna have another go at ML. I would really like to have a stable system in the meantime if you or anyone else can offer me any more advice. Thanks a million.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts

3) I've searched for a long time for a DSDT for my ASUS M478LT-M but I have never been able to find one.

What you did, extracted the dsdt, fix it and put in the Extra folder, won't solve anything. You need to apply patches that adress your issues, if there are any. I think your audio issue is not AMD-specific, and you should ask help in the Hardware/Sound forum, and also in the Post Installation/10.7 forum. I am confident that it can be sorted out. Good luck!

I ordered a Gigabyte Radeon HD 5450 that should be here in about a week, at which point I'm gonna have another go at ML.

Is it the silent model, device ID 0x68F91002? It's not guaranteed all 5450 models (or brands, for that matters) will perform the same with Mountain Lion. Mine is a Sapphire HD5450 silent and all multimedia tasks, like games and audio/video sync at 1080p, seem to perform well (keep in mind that's a HTPC, so i don't know how it would fare in a professional multimedia creation usage: you do it at your own risk). But even this card has some glitches, like sometimes a browser window becoming blurry until you shake it, or Launchpad sporadically behaving strangely, needing to be closed and reopened.

All the best!

P.S.: Bitcore, and now Puckmarin, report to be using a XFX HD 4890 under 10.8.3 with absolutely no glitches at all: since it's a far more powerful card than the 5450, yet older, perhaps it should be your choice based on what you want to do with your machine. But then again, i don't know if they really tested it with professional video or rendering software. Anyway, perhaps you want to contact them.

YaPaY

YaPaY

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:xbox one
why geekbench gives error unexpectedly quit both i386 and x86_64

any idea?

ptp

ptp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Hello!

Today I finally managed to install Mountain Lion on my AMD PC :

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus Crosshair IV Extreme
Kingston HyperX 1600MHz 4x2GB
AMD Radeon HD6970

I used MyHack to create a bootable USB, deleted ATI6000.kext (because of the white screen problem), replaced mach_kernel with AnV's kernel, booted with these kernel flags : arch=x86_64 npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No -v, but at the end of the installation a screen pops up : Install Failed! The Installer could not start up the computer from the disk "Macintosh HD" etc.

When I try to reboot and boot from my HDD with the same flags, I can't even manage to get to the verbose mode, system restarts.

What should I do?

I'm having the same problem.

i have booted into windows and copied the amd kernel in to the root of the mac partition whit Paragon HSF+ for Windows but the system restarts when i try to boot into the mac partition.

My disk is formated in MBR.

What can i do?

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts
In both posts an obvious kernel flag is missing: amd_kernel. Without it, the system will try to run native mach_kernel and will obviously fail. Try adding amd_kernel to your flags and post the result here, with pics if possible.

Best regards!

SS01

SS01

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

In both posts an obvious kernel flag is missing: amd_kernel. Without it, the system will try to run native mach_kernel and will obviously fail. Try adding amd_kernel to your flags and post the result here, with pics if possible.

Best regards!

Or rename amd_kernel to mach_kernel.

ptp

ptp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Or rename amd_kernel to mach_kernel.

Hello! Thank you both for answering!

SS01, i did that before but not working.

I renamed amd_kernel to mach_kernel and replaced the original file in the root of the partition whit paragon HSF+.

When i try to boot , the system restarts in less than a second, if i boot in verbose mode , i dont have time to read anything.

This also happened before when i tried to install whit niresh 10.8.2 distro.

I dont know what to do.

Over a year ago i installed snow leopard whit no problems whit nawcom kernel and his cd boot.

Sorry for my bad english and thanks again for taking the time to answer.

My system Specs:

AMD ATHLON II X 4 620 2.6 GHz overclocked to 3.2

Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P

4 Gb of Ram

Radeon HD6870

ADHDMedia

ADHDMedia

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
This is downright ridiculous. My build works 100% flawlessly on 10.6.8. I used the early AMD 10.7.3 32 bit kernels with the finder replacement and xpchelper fixes on this same machine. I've never had any issues like this before at all. There is absolutely no logical reason why my video is playing out of sync with my audio. I have tried my on board audio with VoodooHDA, and tried using my external audio device. I tried booting seven or eight different kernels, in 32 bit/64 bit user land, x86_64, with and without graphics enabler, installed different versions of Chameleon/Chimera, pretty much every thing I can think of, and I'm still having the same issue.

This is about to drive me to Intel :(

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts

This is about to drive me to Intel :(

Perhaps it's not a bad idea, since you need to get work done and this machine is failing you for unknown reasons. Did you try asking help in the forums i recommended (10.7 post install and Hardware/Audio)? If you go intel, you can seek advice with SS01, who recently assembled a very OOB machine with a quite reasonable price tag.

Best regards!

ADHDMedia

ADHDMedia

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Perhaps it's not a bad idea, since you need to get work done and this machine is failing you for unknown reasons. Did you try asking help in the forums i recommended (10.7 post install and Hardware/Audio)? If you go intel, you can seek advice with SS01, who recently assembled a very OOB machine with a quite reasonable price tag.

Best regards!

Where would I find that forum?

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts
http://www.insanelym...ts-and-drivers/

http://www.insanelym...osx86-107-lion/

:)

ADHDMedia

ADHDMedia

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
Posted this topic, hopefully I can get some answers:

http://www.insanelym...ttering-issues/

Please let me know if I'm missing something. Do you think the specific kernel I'm using may be preventing me from changing the busratio with kernel flags?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SL, ML, AMD, APU, FX, Bulldozer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy