HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

I managed to fix the AHCI problem in windows 8 and now im booting fine with AHCI, i understand my graphic's card isnt 100% but id like to try.

Now im stuck at the error "still waiting for root device"

If i can just get into an installation, install it, update to 10.8.3, id have a chance at getting this going. would booting in -x help? any advice would be appreciate on things i can try here

I'm fixing "still waiting for device" error with to plug sata cable to another port. If you have on your board different color sata ports try these.

Hey Guys,

I have been begging to be able to do this for ages now, but I am new to the Hackintosh community and need some assistance. I am confused and do not know what to do at this point in time to install the OS. I would highly appreciate it if I could be presented with a basic list of instruction or something similar to install this OSX ML on my AMD machine.

Essential Specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1055t OC 4GHZ

GPU: Crossfire HD 6870

Motherboard: ASUS M4A89TDPRO/USB3

Regards, BomboWoL

• Like 1

First of all, Crossfire won't work: you'll be able to use both your cards, but as separate cards - make sure Crossfire is disable in BIOS!

Second, i'll recommend Lion 10.7.5, since it's by far the most stable for AMD machines and, since you are new to hackintosh, let's keep things easy. Grab the latest kernel for Lion here, and rename it to amd_kernel: http://www.mediafire.com/?lnlecqnv20yvol6

Third, follow this method strictly, just adding the custom kernel to the root of the USB installer: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-mountain-lion-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners/

Then boot from your USB stick using the flags amd_kernel arch=i386 -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No (case sensitive, type exactly as written).

When you're done with these steps, post here. :)

All the best!

• Like 1

I am stuck. :( I have followed the instructions to the point where the USB drive is ready. I boot directly to it from my PC and when it reaches the boot-loader menu, MAC OSX Base System is selected and I boot with your code. It seems to be booting correctly and then it reaches the line

[ PCI configuration begin ]

and it doesn't go any further.

Any help would be great... :)

BomoWoL

• Like 1

I added your flag to the line and now it is displaying

Debugger called: <panic>

and also and error code of 0x00000002

as well as this it says

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: kernel_task

Thanks,

BomboWoL

• Like 1

Lol, this is a kernel panic. I'll need you to upload a picture if it happens again.

Try to use these: and_kernel arch=i386 busratio=17 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No -v -f

P.S.: Make sure that, in your BIOS, SATA mode is set to AHCI (or RAID, if AHCI is not available) and C1E is disabled.

• Like 1

Try deleting AppleEFIRuntime.kext. It will probably freeze on macx_swappon success, but i wan't you to try, since it might as well solve your issues.

Just as a side note, 1) Which version of FakeSMC are you using and 2) Are you using NullCPUPowerManagement? I'm asking because the guide i linked you in the first place is intended for Mountain Lion, so perhaps they provided kexts that won't work and you need proper kexts for Lion instead. Search here on Insanelymac specifically for these kexts, or as well in www.kexts.com.

All the best!

P.S.: or you can start over, using a specific Lion tutorial for AMD, but use the right kernel (the one i linked you before): http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/278181-amd-1073-guide-experimental-only/

• Like 1

I am using FakeSMC_r615 SSE3 x86_64-i386

And i am using NullCPUPowerManagement

I will delete the kext you specified and I will try with a copy of Lion 10.7.5 because that could be the problem as well.

I will tell you how it goes :D

• Like 1

Your going to want to see this, I have tried different combinations of flags and some have come with some interesting results. I am also not using any extra kernel extensions. (nullcpupowermanagement, faksmc)

amd_kernel arch=i386 busratio=17 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No -v -f // Panic.

amd_kernel arch=i386 npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No -v -x //Blank grey screen and cursor.

amd_kernel arch=i386 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No -v -x //Blank grey screen and cursor.

amd_kernel arch=i386 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v -x //Blank grey screen and cursor.

amd_kernel arch=i386 busratio=17 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No -v -x // Blank grey screen and cursor.

amd_kernel busratio=17 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No -v -x// Blank grey screen and cursor.

amd_kernel npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No -v -x// Blank grey screen and cursor.

amd_kernel npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No -v -x// Blank grey screen and cursor.

So it seems whenever I boot in safe mode, I get a black grey screen and cursor control.

Ok, I have managed to get the installer working (YAY!) by deleting the ati6000controller.kext because I heard that that was what was causing my black grey screen. I can now successfully get into the installer in a matter of seconds :D but the problem is, when I ask it to install a fresh copy of Lion, it says that the installer is corrupt and cannot continue. The only thing I have installed is chameleon and the kernel into the usb root. Would that be putting it off? I don't know how to fix this?!?! GRRRR

I tried to install Mountain Lion on my Laptop (Toshiba C660D). I boot with amd_kernel npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No. The installer says that the installer couldn't start OS X from the disk.

At the restart I boot with "Kernel Cache"\amd_kernel npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No. The Laptop reboots after some time.

I'm not sure if this is the proper place to post this or not but here goes...

I'm new to the Hackintosh scene but not new to computers. My PC build is:

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Ed.

Asus M4A78 Plus Motherboard

6 Gig RAM

Radeon 4890 1 GB Video Card

I've been able to successfully get 10.8.3 to run on my PC via VMWare. Is it possible for me to turn my computer into a Hackintosh and dual boot Win 7 & OS X Mountain Lion (or even Lion)? I'm slightly overwhelmed by all of the Hackintosh information and it seems to be rather hard to find "good" information about hackintosh on a AMD PC. So, any information/tutorials you can give me would be appreciated.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this is the proper place to post this or not but here goes...

I'm new to the Hackintosh scene but not new to computers. My PC build is:

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Ed.

Asus M4A78 Plus Motherboard

6 Gig RAM

Radeon 4890 1 GB Video Card

I've been able to successfully get 10.8.3 to run on my PC via VMWare. Is it possible for me to turn my computer into a Hackintosh and dual boot Win 7 & OS X Mountain Lion (or even Lion)? I'm slightly overwhelmed by all of the Hackintosh information and it seems to be rather hard to find "good" information about hackintosh on a AMD PC. So, any information/tutorials you can give me would be appreciated.

I'm not sure if you can from vmware. Probably be some hassle if it's possible. You should be able to create a myhack disk pretty easily, though I haven't done specifically what I'm talking about..

1. get myhack

2. install it, run it, install your choice osx. (to a usb drive)

3. Copy and replace mach_kernel (on the myhack disk)

4. Run Chameleon Wizard

5. Install Chameleon to myhack disk

6. Customize boot.plist probably same settings as vm

7. Boot from the myhack disk / install osx native

The DSDT stuff has my mind blown.

*edit* this method for you would of course mean you'd need vmwaretools / darwin installed and working on your current vm copy. If you can't get at this method I'm talking about, install 10.6 and run it native to alleviate.

• Like 1

This is the famous red-pixel bug. No solution for it yet. Does it affect any other function besides Cinebench? If it doesn't, you should not be worried.

All the best!

P.S.: moved to the help topic!

Not sure if it's related, but I just ran Modern Combat to test and I don't have any problems until the game level loads, then it's all black with a crosshair. I feel like something's not quite right. Will keep poking around and see what happens.

• Like 1

Be sure to do extensive tests, specially with heavy games and professional multimedia/video/rendering software, if you have.

All the best!

Installing CS6, Final Cut Pro X is working flawlessly with no issues, I'm going to install a few games and see if anything else is "broken". Thanks for the reply, I'll post progress (or lack thereof) :)

I also keep getting this message. Not sure if this is actually causing any problems, but it is mischievous :)

92904113.png

• Like 1

so after 10 days of messing around i have had no help, trying to get the 9500gt to work, its ok but choppy and laggy. maybe to do with amd kernel is there anyone who knows how to get the nvidia cards working, be so gratefull

Edited by theconnactic
This is the appropriate place to ask help. :)
  • Like 1