HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

@iskorini

the fx_kernel is sinetek's kernel which was the first working one for AMD-ML

yes! it requires AnV's patched corecrypto.kext

if you're installing the osx on Micro$oft's MBR partition instead of Apple's GUID one,

then you also need to replace the

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/OSInstall.framework/Versions/A/OSInstall

with the pre-patched one which supports MBR

btw, which version of ML are you installing?

@zozourban

AppleNForceATA: found 0 units

it seems that your current AppleNForceATA.kext is not compatible with your nForce SATA/ATA controller

maybe you could try AnV's AppleNForceATA.kext repatched by imk

http://www.insanelym...for-sl-3264bit/ <--- read post #14

the -x flag won't help if the osx can't find its root partition (still waiting for root device)

@theconnactic

AFAIK, the osx can be installed on both GUID & MBR partition

only for MBR, you just have to patch the

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/OSInstall.framework/Versions/A/OSInstall

lol the low life greedy bast4rd doesn't deserve to be called as Lord Voldemort

link dead :/

Try this guide: http://www.insanelym...erimental-only/

But use this kernel, not the deprecated one linked there: http://www.mediafire...lz9gow6rw3k6dav

I kept reading through the instructions over and over again, but I just don't understand them. I need to make a USB stick in order to boot into my physical machine, but I think all these instructions expect me to have a working OS X installation, not on a VM, but on the physical machine itself. I don't have an external USB hard drive, only an 8GB pen drive, which should be enough for an install media.

Unless there's something I'm missing, I'll have to go with the SL instructions, then upgrade to L, then ML, and hope it works...

• Like 1

It will: go for it. :D

P.S.: except the graphics: there was never ever any success for any onboard graphics solution (except for Intel HD3000 and Intel HD4000, which are integrated to Sandy and Ivy bridge CPUs). Buy a cheap discrete card if you can: a G210 for Lion and Snow Leopard, or perhaps a HD5450 for Mountain Lion (but it's hit-or-miss: the 5450 works a wonder for me, but it's not certain it will do for you).

Hanging at DSMOS has arrived means your GPU isn't loading the GUI. Try these steps:

1) Use GraphicsEnabler=Yes

2) If above doesn't work, use GraphicsEnabler=No

3) If again it doesn't work, boot with -x

4) Last ditch attempt, try removing all ATI and AMDRadeon kexts from System/Library/Extensions.

Good luck: you're almost there!

I was going to give up on ML. But you know what? I didn't! Because I'm a persistent f*cker, that's why! ML WON'T BEAT ME!

Ok, so I was going through the BIOS settings, looking for something to disable that might help. Disable ACPI 2.0? Still doesn't work. Disable APIC? Nope. Also, Windows won't boot, so I enabled them again.

C1E? That sounds suspicious. I'll disable it. I boot into my ML USB with -v...and...oh my god...it's moving. The text is moving! Stuff is appearing on my screen!

OH GOD! IT'S THE INSTALLER! I booted into the installer! And now...I...can't...move the pointer...and the keyboard doesn't work either...DAMMIT, I'M SO CLOSE!

That's basically a recreation of my thoughts a few minutes ago. I came back to ask what could cause this. Both the keyboard and mouse are PS/2, I have no USB peripherals at home, and I don't even have Bluetooth on this thing. Maybe I'm missing a kext?

Please please help me! I'm so close I can feel it!

• Like 1

I was going to give up on ML. But you know what? I didn't! Because I'm a persistent f*cker, that's why! ML WON'T BEAT ME!

Ok, so I was going through the BIOS settings, looking for something to disable that might help. Disable ACPI 2.0? Still doesn't work. Disable APIC? Nope. Also, Windows won't boot, so I enabled them again.

C1E? That sounds suspicious. I'll disable it. I boot into my ML USB with -v...and...oh my god...it's moving. The text is moving! Stuff is appearing on my screen!

OH GOD! IT'S THE INSTALLER! I booted into the installer! And now...I...can't...move the pointer...and the keyboard doesn't work either...DAMMIT, I'M SO CLOSE!

That's basically a recreation of my thoughts a few minutes ago. I came back to ask what could cause this. Both the keyboard and mouse are PS/2, I have no USB peripherals at home, and I don't even have Bluetooth on this thing. Maybe I'm missing a kext?

Please please help me! I'm so close I can feel it!

OS X has no native support for PS/2 keyboards and mice. Place these kexts in /System/Library/Extensions of the USB stick: http://www.osx86.net...do=file&id=2336

Use the free trial of MacDrive (http://www.mediafour...oducts/macdrive) if you can't write to the USB.

Good luck :)

• Like 1

OS X has no native support for PS/2 keyboards and mice. Place these kexts in /System/Library/Extensions of the USB stick: http://www.osx86.net...do=file&id=2336

Use the free trial of MacDrive (http://www.mediafour...oducts/macdrive) if you can't write to the USB.

Good luck :)

I still have my VM to modify the USB. Still, I shoved the three kexts in there, tried booting without flags and with -x -f -v, I even disabled the "Plug n' play OS" option from the BIOS. Nothing. It seems those kexts work up to 10.7, so I'm not really surprised.

I might get a USB mouse and keyboard later, but I rather spend my money on something else, like an actual video card. Any other suggestions?

I would like to thank everyone in the forum, regardless of me not succeeding just yet. You guys are really supportive. Kinda like the Linux community. You rock.

EDIT: scratch that, I found working kexts! But now, now I have full access to the installation media...which means...now what?

I tried opening Disk Utility and formating a 100 GB NTFS empty partition in my drive to HFS+, but it wouldn't let me, unless I formatted the whole drive. Which I'd rather avoid, but I can live with it. Also, my drive didn't show up among the drives I could install OS X to.

However, my main concern is GPT. If I'm going to nuke my partitions and start all over, I'd go GPT, but I read it bugs real bad when used in conjunction with BIOS. Does anyone know something about this? If you tell me GPT and BIOS work fine, I'll just back up my data and format.

• Like 1

I still have my VM to modify the USB. Still, I shoved the three kexts in there, tried booting without flags and with -x -f -v, I even disabled the "Plug n' play OS" option from the BIOS. Nothing. It seems those kexts work up to 10.7, so I'm not really surprised.

I might get a USB mouse and keyboard later, but I rather spend my money on something else, like an actual video card. Any other suggestions?

I would like to thank everyone in the forum, regardless of me not succeeding just yet. You guys are really supportive. Kinda like the Linux community. You rock.

EDIT: scratch that, I found working kexts! But now, now I have full access to the installation media...which means...now what?

I tried opening Disk Utility and formating a 100 GB NTFS empty partition in my drive to HFS+, but it wouldn't let me, unless I formatted the whole drive. Which I'd rather avoid, but I can live with it. Also, my drive didn't show up among the drives I could install OS X to.

However, my main concern is GPT. If I'm going to nuke my partitions and start all over, I'd go GPT, but I read it bugs real bad when used in conjunction with BIOS. Does anyone know something about this? If you tell me GPT and BIOS work fine, I'll just back up my data and format.

Your drive won't show up in the installer screen until you format it. GPT and BIOS should work fine if your system is only OS X - If you are multibooting, you should install on MBR, use the patch found here: http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=3718

Glad you found the community helpful - that's the main goal of the OSx86 project, helping others learn :)

• Like 1

Oh, I'm nearly there! So close!

I patched the installer and voila, my MBR-partitioned drive was there. I formatted my 100 GB partition as HFS+, set it to install, and...it "failed". I dunno. It theoretically failed the installation. I assumed it was a fake error and tried to proceed anyways.

Back in the USB, I opened the Terminal and copied all my kexts (including the PS/2 ones) just like the guide instructed. The folders were there, so I thought it most likely installed properly.

Reboot again, I try to boot into ML...and it reboots. Automatically.

I used the USB to get back to Windows. Any ideas? Should I copy the amd kernel somewhere? Should I boot with some special flag?

Oh, I'm nearly there! So close!

I patched the installer and voila, my MBR-partitioned drive was there. I formatted my 100 GB partition as HFS+, set it to install, and...it "failed". I dunno. It theoretically failed the installation. I assumed it was a fake error and tried to proceed anyways.

Back in the USB, I opened the Terminal and copied all my kexts (including the PS/2 ones) just like the guide instructed. The folders were there, so I thought it most likely installed properly.

Reboot again, I try to boot into ML...and it reboots. Automatically.

I used the USB to get back to Windows. Any ideas? Should I copy the amd kernel somewhere? Should I boot with some special flag?

Don't bump the thread again, people will answer your questions in due time. You are right: it is annoying. :P I'll delete the last post.

The amd_kernel must be in the root of your HDD.

The installation didn't fail, it's indeed a fake message.

Very important: boot with amd_kernel arch=x86_64 npci=0x2000 -v -f GraphicsEnabler=Yes (or no, if you get stuck at DSMOS has arrived).

Good luck!

I DID IT! No, I'm sorry, WE DID IT! The machine now boots (through the USB) into a full-on installation of OS X Mountain Lion! I didn't need any flags, just amd_kernel and I was ready to go!

But now comes the fun part: fixing problems!

1) No sound. Common issue. Not a showstopper (for now) but I'd be neat to fix it so I can use stuff like Garage Band. I've always been curious about it. EDIT: VoodooHDA does the job, but I haven't tested thoroughly.

2) Wrong resolution (capped at 1024x768), and potentially no QE/CI (although I have no idea how to test this). I have a 23-inch 2048x1152 monitor, and god dammit, I wanna use it! EDIT: definitely no QE/CI, graphics are really choppy! This needs a fix pronto :P

3) No Wi-Fi. Kexts? EDIT: yes, kexts. Just googled AR9287 kext, and that was it!

4) The keyboard is all wrong! Well, not really, but the OS X Spanish ISO keyboard layout is slightly different to the average PC Spanish keyboard. Again, not really necessary, but preferable.

5) I still need the USB! GRUB 2, surprisingly enough, still works, but I doubt it will detect OS X. If you know how to use GRUB 2 and OS X, I'd love to know! EDIT: GRUB detects OS X, but unfortunately I couldn't get it to work with the AMD kernel. I managed to get it to chainload Chameleon!

6) I think I have 10.8.2, but that's clearly unacceptable now that 10.8.3 is out...right? How do I go about updating, do I just keep booting through the AMD kernel? EDIT: I had retail 10.8, but I did a combo upgrade straight to 10.8.3, and all is good!

Current tools at my disposal

1) MacDrive. I used it to copy the kernel and some kexts, so I can download stuff on Windows and shove it in my Mac partition. Never mind, I have Wi-Fi now :P

2) Chameleon + Chameleon Wizard. I'm guessing it works better than GRUB (if GRUB works at all) handling SMbios and DSDT and whatnot. I hope simply installing it replaces GRUB and detects all my systems (Windows and Ubuntu). EDIT: quick answer: it doesn't, it won't replace GRUB in the MBR. I'll see if I can uninstall GRUB, then install Chameleon. GRUB can chainload Chameleon, so I don't need to modify my MBR. Hooray!

3) DSDT Editor. I still have to do the mandatory DSDT extract-compile-aml thing. I'll do it later. EDIT: I tried generating a DSDT. My mouse and keyboard stopped working. I deleted DSDT.aml, all good. Maybe later.

4) System Info. No idea how to use it properly.

I might plug my machine through ethernet later, but I'll do everything I can over Wi-Fi with Windows.

Again, thanks guys! You truly rock!

• Like 1

Could someone help me, I'm completely new to hackintosh and want to convert my pc, here is what I got from CPU-Z, could someone let me know which versions and stuff I need to install?

Processor: AMD Athlon II X3 450 SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4A

Motherboard: ASUS M4N68T-M-LE-V2

Chipset NVIDIA: Geforce 7025

Southbridge: NVIDIA nForce 630a

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6450

Hey i have same chipset too but Nvidia Graphics cad :( .............!

Use this kernel to install Mountain Lion and follow the guide

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/281450-mountain-lion-kernel-testing-on-amd/

• Like 1

zebaszp:

1) Download latest Voodoo HDA. Google for it, it's rather easy to find;

2) Yeah, i told you: onboard video won't ever work. Go buy a cheap ATI 5xxx or 6xxx card, but beware: it might well not work with ML because of a bug in the kernel (but with Lion it will work gorgeously). That said, i run Mountain Lion with full QE/CI, resolution and negligible glitches (well, only Safari is unusable, but i use Chrome anyway) with a HD 5450;

3) The TL 4800 works OOB. Don't know about your model;

4) My recommendation here is download Ukelele.app and set up the keyboard layout yourself. Hard work...

5) Download latest Chameleon or Clover package - since you're only beginning your hackintosh journey, Chameleon is easier to setup. Search Developers Corner/Bootloaders hereon Insanelymac;

6) Yes, you can, but before doing that, back up all your special kexts and after using the combo update from the Apple site (not the App Store, remember) reinstall your kexts with kext utility before restart. Preferentially make a clone copy with Carbon before the update of your whole partition if things go wrong.

zebaszp:

1) Download latest Voodoo HDA. Google for it, it's rather easy to find;

2) Yeah, i told you: onboard video won't ever work. Go buy a cheap ATI card, but beware: it might well not work with ML because of a bug in the kernel (but with Lion it will work gorgeously). That said, i run Mountain Lion with full QE/CI, resolution and negligible glitches (well, only Safari is unusable, but i use Chrome anyway) with a HD 5450;

3) The TL 4800 works OOB. Don't know about your model;

4) My recommendation here is download Ukelele.app and set up the keyboard layout yourself. Hard work...

5) Download latest Chameleon or Clover package - since you're only beginning your hackintosh journey, Chameleon is easier to setup. Search Developers Corner/Bootloaders hereon Insanelymac;

6) Yes, you can, but before doing that, back up all your kexts and after using the combo update from the Apple site (not the App Store, remember) reinstall your kexts with kext utility before restart. Preferentially make a clone copy with Carbon before the update of your whole partition if things go wrong.

Hey i have this Sound Realtek ALC662 on Mountain Lion is too much cracking

i did use the latest Voodoo kext for it but fails

and my Launchpad in not working when i open the Launchpad PC got stuck i have to restart manually :(:(

Hey i have this Sound Realtek ALC662 on Mountain Lion is too much cracking

i did use the latest Voodoo kext for it but fails

and my Launchpad in not working when i open the Launchpad PC got stuck i have to restart manually :(:(

Perhaps you should patch AppleHDA for ALC662: did you research about it?

About the Launchpad, don't use it: it requires QE/CI to work. Instead, open a Finder window and drag the Applications folder from the sidebar to the dock, putting it side by side with the Documents stack that's already there in the dock.

All the best!

• Like 1

Perhaps you should patch AppleHDA for ALC662: did you research about it?

About the Launchpad, don't use it: it requires QE/CI to work. Instead, open a Finder window and drag the Applications folder from the sidebar to the dock, putting it side by side with the Documents stack that's already there in the dock.

All the best! :guitar:

No i didn't coz it was working by Voodoo in Snow Leopard that's why i did try : :unsure: and i will try and tell you

And my LAN got working nForceLAN i got that kext from Snow Leopard too :hammer::guitar:

• Like 1