HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

There is no problem to access the system by using -x

but many drivers are not loaded and safe boot is not true way to use yosemite

Read what I said... Only use -x so you can boot to add that program as a start up item to try resolve your issue. Get your Extensions folder back to a vanilla state to help diagnose the issue.

• Like 1

do not delete pthread !

as we have found, that the current kernels work well with clean install, so there is no need to install a patched pthread from package 10.10.4!!. Please install the original pthread in to /S/L/Extensions.

and repair the permissions with Kext Wizzard

Please look in your mailbox, I sent you a package with graphics drivers and patched AGP.  Please test these before we upload this driver.

I guess is using it already because I updated the osx from the website without modified and then I add the kernel but I had in the extra/extensions the pthread.kext file in there because it was from the 10.10.4 and I delete it and the osx works good do I leave the pthread.kext in the extra/extensions folder or deleted?

and by the way the appstore issue Is fixed already

I guess that when I updated the chameleon.plist with enorch it install a kext file that was not working well and was causing this issue so i went to the chameleon backup folder and restore it.

thanks

• Like 1

sorry for all this noob questions but can you provide me with the vanilla extensions folder and how to achive a success installation please?

thanks in advance and for all the support in this forum!!

No problem, here are almost all questions permitted.

sory, but it may be that I did not understand you correctly. Would you like to have a guide for a Yosemite installation, or only the vanillia Extensions folder?

No problem, here are almost all questions permitted.

sory, but it may be that I did not understand you correctly. Would you like to have a guide for a Yosemite installation, or only the vanillia Extensions folder?

vanilla extensions folder because you said that I need to have it like that but everything is working fine I dont know if I need to,

i do have some lag with the video card but I dont know if that can be fix!

thanks man you been a really good help for me!!

wait a moment I upload, basically i am make always a copy of the Extensions folder and save it as for example "a_14F27a_Extensions" into   /S/Library/  so I can quickly access and test the with the original.

Edit:

but you can also do differently, use pacifist and open the install dmg, then you can export the extensions folder to the desktop

on insaneleymac are max. 100 mb possible, thereforeupload with an external link, which takes a while.

Edited by spakk
  • Like 1

yes :)

1000 fps with CompuBench 

full screen AA on :)

That''s with automatic or disable syncbeam?

Because I have to disable syncbeam to get those scores!

look here

thanks !

so I delete the extensions folder I have right now and then add that one manually or I have to use kext wizard to install all those files and then fix permissions?

@alllp Try this.. Look at the rotation trick, http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287626-guide-bypass-the-white-screen-for-ati-hd-7xxx-1083/

Boot with -x so you can access system ;)

Just tried, doesn't work :(

Test this, remove these problematic kext "AppleGraphicsControl.kext, AppleTyMCEDriver.kext, AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext " from  /System/Library/Extensions/

then repair the permission

It is very difficult without a clear statement to imagine the problem.  :(

As alllp said, this worked.. Kind of.. I can boot without safe but all graphic acceleration is gone, so all animations and movements are very slow (like 5 fps).

Just tried, doesn't work :(

As alllp, this worked.. Kind of.. I can boot without safe but all graphic acceleration is gone, so all animations and movements are very slow (like 5 fps).

use iopci and acpip patched and flag : fsb=200 Mhz  :)

:)

Yes with kexwizard ;)

THANKS!! To you and to Spakk. It works!

alllp here is for you:

1. Download this:

2. Run kextwizzard and install them both. Don't forget to choose the backup option.

3. DO NOT use kextwizard to fix permissions, use disk utility

4. If you have deleted { AppleGraphicsControl.kextAppleTyMCEDriver.kext and AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext }, just put back AppleGraphicsControl.kext in S/L/E (fix permissions again)

5. Reboot and enjoy!

Btw it's running super fast :D

• Like 2