HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

then do a break for a day or two, perhaps can you resolve the problem..... it is useless to try to solve everything by hook or crook.... you have to win a few days distance, which is usually better. :)

Maybe you will try search with 'app store login error'. Your request has nothing with icloud workaround.

P.S. Try to boot with EthernetBuiltIn=Yes

is already like that I dont know what could it be

thanks anyways!!

Edited by Duran Keeley
moved to the HELP topic from the iCloud topic

booting with -s and trying to manually run a kext, I get this:

[image]

Whats the problem?

EDIT: fixed

@itisme754

Image does not appear, and what was the problem? how did  you solve? are you able to boot without -x ?

HI I would like to know if anybody have a way of fixing the app store because after I updated to 10.10.5 the app store is saying that my account cannot be verify at the moment and I cannot sign in ,I haven't change anything in the chameleon.plist,I don't know how to fix it please help!

Thanks in advance!!

FYI: This is the help topic. You will find everyone here very helpful!

First: With your update, have you changed kernels? If so which kernel are you using?

@itisme754

Image does not appear, and what was the problem? how did  you solve? are you able to boot without -x 

It wouldn't let me execute kextload on some extensions. Well it was because I boot with -x...By fixed, I meant I knew why it wouldn't let me.  I'm still looking for a solution.

FYI: This is the help topic. You will find everyone here very helpful!First: With your update, have you changed kernels? If so which kernel are you using?

I'm using the spakk kernel and I took the pthread out because I want it to see if it works without that and it does work but I don't know if that can be related to my issue!

I'm using the spakk kernel and I took the pthread out because I want it to see if it works without that and it does work but I don't know if that can be related to my issue!

What are your problems with your system? perhaps we can help?

It wouldn't let me execute kextload on some extensions. Well it was because I boot with -x...By fixed, I meant I knew why it wouldn't let me.  I'm still looking for a solution.

describe the main problems that your system still does?

Well guys any advices for the spinning rainbow wheel, I am still stucked at this point and now I'll try 10.10.5 fresh install with below kernel;

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302075-amd-yosemite-kernel-testing-for-help-use-the-help-topic/?p=2168611

What I dont understand is the installer works perfectly (no need to do safe mode -x) but why not the system ?!

Here's my problem Spakk

I installed yosemite 10.10.5 with 10.10.5R1 kernel patch. The thing is I can only boot with safe mode (-x). 

Without safe mode, I get to a grey screen with a spinning beach ball.

Some help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I think alllp has the same problem.

Test this, remove these problematic kext "AppleGraphicsControl.kext, AppleTyMCEDriver.kext, AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext " from  /System/Library/Extensions/
then repair the permission

It is very difficult without a clear statement to imagine the problem. :(

Test this, remove these drivers "AppleGraphicsControl.kext, AppleTyMCEDriver.kext, AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext " from  /System/Library/Extensions/

Hahahah you're right, but idk what i should state. Verbose mode is covered by the grey background so I can't know where it stops. I'll try your idea in a few hours.

@spakk

This doesnt change the spinning wheel issue, I still think about it is caused by cpu power management issue or something when it doesnt cause problem by -x 

EDIT: I deleted AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement too, no change, it drives me crazy, very strange!

@itisme754

I installed FakeSMC to test (normally forums say we dont need with AMD but worth to try) so; nothing changed...

For your power management install VoodooPstate from here, http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302075-amd-yosemite-kernel-testing-for-help-use-the-help-topic/?p=2166553

You don't have the issue with -x as its safe boot and all graphics acceleration is disabled.

What are your problems with your system? perhaps we can help?

describe the main problems that your system still does?

after I update the osx from 10.10.4 to 10.10.5 Im unable to sign on in the app store it saids that the account cannot be verify at the moment,

in the chameleon.plist I have the same thing I had before and the ethernet build in=yes.

the only thing I did different is change the kernel for the 10.10.5 and remove the pthread, any ideas?

I didnt modify any of the osx files either because I waited until the 10.10.5 souce kernel came out

Test this, remove these problematic kext "AppleGraphicsControl.kext, AppleTyMCEDriver.kext, AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext " from  /System/Library/Extensions/

alllp did you try this ⬆️

alllp did you try this ⬆️

Yes  I tried, it is booting without -x (safe mode) but GPU are not recognized, I am installing AMD kexts again (not using vanilla ones), hope it will boot with full grap acc and without -x

after I update the osx from 10.10.4 to 10.10.5 Im unable to sign on in the app store it saids that the account cannot be verify at the moment,

in the chameleon.plist I have the same thing I had before and the ethernet build in=yes.

the only thing I did different is change the kernel for the 10.10.5 and remove the pthread, any ideas?

I didnt modify any of the osx files either because I waited until the 10.10.5 souce kernel came out

do not delete pthread !

as we have found, that the current kernels work well with clean install, so there is no need to install a patched pthread from package 10.10.4!!. Please install the original pthread in to /S/L/Extensions.

and repair the permissions with Kext Wizzard

Yes  I tried, it is booting without -x (safe mode) but GPU are not recognized, I am installing AMD kexts again (not using vanilla ones), hope it will boot with full grap acc and without -x

Please look in your mailbox, I sent you a package with graphics drivers and patched AGP.  Please test these before we upload this driver.

• Like 1