HELP TOPIC - further help in chat.osx86.hu/#legacykernel (IRC)

SL ML AMD APU FX Bulldozer

• Please log in to reply
2075 replies to this topic

gils83

gils83

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
  • Interests:le soleil du var et l'informatique

not graphics acceleration for HD 8400 / R3

jamiethemorris

jamiethemorris

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

It's been a while since I last checked this forum.Last time I tried Bronya's RC7 10.9 kernel for mavericks 10.9 and I didn't get QE/CL acceleration on my A6 processor with 8400 Raedon APU.Has there been any progress on that?

Another n00b question , can I use Bronya's 10.9.4 amd kernel for Mavericks 10.9.0 ?

Edit1: I would really appreciate if some one could link the latest amd kernel for 10.9 , I am using Niresh Distro .

Just name the kernel something else and put it at the root of your hard drive, for example mach_kernel_10.9.4, then update to 10.9.4 and when you reboot type mach_kernel_10.9.4 as a boot flag. then after you have booted you can rename it back to mach_kernel (or whatever you prefer to have it named).

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

That's not what yask123 was asking. He asked if he could use 10.9.4 AMD kernel in 10.9.0? The answer is likely to be no. One may ask "why try such an odd thing?". In all likelyhood, it's going to end up in KP... It sure won't bring graphics acceleration to the 8400 APU.

However, if desperate for trying it out, it's just a matter of placing the 10.9.4 kernel at the HDD's root under a specific name and manually calling for it in the same manner as explained in post #2058 on the previous page.

The right thing to do is as Jamie suggests: use 10.9.4 AMD kernel on Mavericks 10.9.4. On OS X version n, one usually uses kernel version n/n-1/n-2/n-... not n+...

yask123

yask123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

That's not what yask123 was asking. He asked if he could use 10.9.4 AMD kernel in 10.9.0? The answer is likely to be no. One may ask "why try such an odd thing?". In all likelyhood, it's going to end up in KP... It sure won't bring graphics acceleration to the 8400 APU.

However, if desperate for trying it out, it's just a matter of placing the 10.9.4 kernel at the HDD's root under a specific name and manually calling for it in the same manner as explained in post #2058 on the previous page.

The right thing to do is as Jamie suggests: use 10.9.4 AMD kernel on Mavericks 10.9.4. On OS X version n, one usually uses kernel version n-1/n-2/n-... not n+...

Thanks for responding..

I was able to boot to 10.9 with 10.9.4 RC7 Bronya's AMD kernel and the installation was perfect!

Now I am getting a good screen resolution ,But my graphic memory is being shown only 4mb.

I am not able to find any kext! for AMD Raedon 8400 [I am booting with GraphicsEnabler=Yes]

I am getting screen flickering and all that..!

Would updating to 9.4  fix the graphics problem?

not graphics acceleration for HD 8400 / R3

Is it possible the update to 10.9.4 can fix that? I am  using latex Bronya's AMD kernel.

Internet speed is a bit slow , that's why I asked.

33mbsbb.jpg

This is what I get running syeteminfo app , can this help me fix graphics problem?

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

There are no AMD8000 kexts in 10.9.4 or earlier versions, so no likely support for your graphics chip, at least natively speaking. Can't say for 10.9.5, it's just freshly out and I have not updated it (but will be done later on tonight). Yosemite 10.10 has AMD8000/AMD9000 kexts though...

yask123

yask123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

There are no AMD8000 kexts in 10.9.4 or earlier versions, so no likely support for your graphics chip, at least natively speaking. Can't say for 10.9.5, it's just freshly out and I have not update it. Yosemite 10.10 has AMD8000/AMD9000 kexts though...

This may sound stupid , but I can't use kext from Yosemite?

No other possible fix for this? Evrerything else is working great! , Awesome resolution ,Audio/wifi ! If only screen flickering could stop?

He [User : spakk] got it working :

http://www.insanelym...pu#entry2058854

Can it help me?

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

It's not stupid, it's a possibility if there are no kext dependancies to act as hurdles.

Re: Spakk, he did not say he got graphics to work with full graphics acceleration. In fact he did say in the end that he was looking for a cheap PCIe add-on card because integrated graphics were very lean...

yask123

yask123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

It's not stupid, it's a possibility if there are no kext dependancies to act as hurdles.

From where can I download it , to try?

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

From Apple if you have a dev account or register for it.

yask123

yask123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

From Apple if you have a dev account or register for it.

I don't have the account , I can't find an apple webpage where such kexts are downloadable , I'll appreciate if you could download the kext for me , or link the page here :)

Re: Spakk, he did not say he got graphics to work with full graphics acceleration. In fact he did say in the end that he was looking for a cheap PCIe add-on card because integrated graphics were very lean...

I can live without full graphic acceleration , he at least got shared graphics memory of 512mb , I am dying with 4 mb here :(

spakk

spakk

If you try to please everyone, then you have certainly forgotten

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,845 posts
Uploade your dsdt.dsl and ioreg file

yask123

yask123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

I couldn't understand that!

Can you be more brief?

I am kindof a newbie.

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Maybe you should just wait until Yosemite comes out. Only a matter of weeks now...

PS: 10.9.5 is like 10.9.4: no AMD8000/AMD9000 support...

yask123

yask123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Maybe you should just wait until Yosemite comes out. Only a matter of weeks now...

PS: 10.9.5 is like 10.9.4: no AMD8000/AMD9000 support...

A month!!

Here I have uploaded the files you asked for :

https://dl.dropboxus...877/Archive.zip

yask123

yask123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Can this be of any help?

2qx16rr.jpg

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Not for current versions of Mav, no. Did you notice the "No Kext Loaded" ?

The info could be useful for the future though...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SL, ML, AMD, APU, FX, Bulldozer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy