HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

i don't knw how to clean install..........

Questions should be written in the help thread, download a offical app from AppStore and use either auxiliary tools such as myhack3.3.1 or using by Disk Utility .... there are thousands of how to do so.

Sorry for the off-topic, guys... I just wanted to share my gratitude for all the help I've received here over the years in setting up and using my AMD hackintosh. I very much appreciate all the help I've received here, but it's time to move on. I've switched to an Intel machine and got fully working iCloud and iMessage for the first time in this hackintosh adventure of ours. I hope (and I know) you will keep this AMD dream alive...  :)

I all, i have a working installation of Yosemite installed by Nire**

But i want to make a clean install. First restore basesystem.dmg to USB, then copy folder package in system/installation, then base system.dmg and .chunklist in the root of usb. After i istalled chameleon and put in extensions fakesmc, nullcpu, ptherad and kernel rc2 bronya in the root

Boot with /kernel -v -f npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 i arrive at installation and it show me error message: this is not a supported method of installation, please use install os x.app

Where i'm wrong?

use a more recent amd kernel,...go to the website from rampagedev and download the Amd.dmg it should also matching drivers and dsdt / ssdt.aml for your board

I all, i have a working installation of Yosemite installed by Nire**

But i want to make a clean install. First restore basesystem.dmg to USB, then copy folder package in system/installation, then base system.dmg and .chunklist in the root of usb. After i istalled chameleon and put in extensions fakesmc, nullcpu, ptherad and kernel rc2 bronya in the root

Boot with /kernel -v -f npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 i arrive at installation and it show me error message: this is not a supported method of installation, please use install os x.app

Where i'm wrong?

RESOLVED

i have put originally install mac OS x in the root of USB

on my system (listed in my sig) I try running 10.9.5 but I get rainbow cursor just before the login screen on a new install. any fix for this? I have tried a couple different kernels.

it would be useful if you write your hardware specifications in your signature, so perhaps we could help you. ^_^

on my system (listed in my sig) I try running 10.9.5 but I get rainbow cursor just before the login screen on a new install. any fix for this? I have tried a couple different kernels.

for some reason I have a different account. sorry bout that.

Greetings, folks!

I'm trying to install 10.10.5 on my PC with kernel "01 Sept. 2015 - spakk - xnu-2782.20.48_SSEPlus_V2 (10.10.3)".

I've created installation USB Flash drive, copied kernel to it and already installed Chameleon (like noted in FAQs).

What kexts do I need to copy on installation USB (and later to installed system) to boot this kernel with 10.10.5 OSX?

Do I need to copy and replace System.kext, which comes in archive with kernel, to USB?

Do I need some other kexts (like FakeSMC or NullCPUPowerManagement)?

Do I need to do something with folder "Frameworks" from kernel's archive?

My PC specs: CPU: AMD FX-8350, MB: ASRock 990FX Extreme 4, GeForce GTX 970.

• Like 1

Greetings, folks!

I'm trying to install 10.10.5 on my PC with kernel "01 Sept. 2015 - spakk - xnu-2782.20.48_SSEPlus_V2 (10.10.3)".

I've created installation USB Flash drive, copied kernel to it and already installed Chameleon (like noted in FAQs).

What kexts do I need to copy on installation USB (and later to installed system) to boot this kernel with 10.10.5 OSX?

Do I need to copy and replace System.kext, which comes in archive with kernel, to USB?

Do I need some other kexts (like FakeSMC or NullCPUPowerManagement)?

Do I need to do something with folder "Frameworks" from kernel's archive?

My PC specs: CPU: AMD FX-8350, MB: ASRock 990FX Extreme 4, GeForce GTX 970.

My opinion is:

The first installation of Yosemite 10.10.5 Build 14F27a (the last Build) on a amd hackintosh is not recommended because even in the experimental phase, if possible lead the installation of 10.10.4 with the contents of the package 10.10.4 because the system is still running without significant problems , you will find the package 10.10.4 if you go the last 10 pages back.

for some reason I have a different account. sorry bout that.

It may be possible that hangs it with the graphics card together? but test that with one of this listed kernels.

• Like 2

if possible lead the installation of 10.10.4 with the contents of the package 10.10.4 because the system is still running without significant problems , you will find the package 10.10.4 if you go the last 10 pages back.

Thank you, spakk, I'll use your adviсe.

About year ago I had been installed Yosemite on new Intel CPU-based PC with vanilla kernel and Clover.

But now I need OSX on my own AMD-based PC and all seems a little bit more complicated.

Thank you, spakk, I'll use your adviсe.

About year ago I had been installed Yosemite on new Intel CPU-based PC with vanilla kernel and Clover.

But now I need OSX on my own AMD-based PC and all seems a little bit more complicated.

It is very helpful for us (and for you) if you write in your signature the hardware specifications, thus it is for everyone to respond specifically to your questions.

Moreover, search for example in "Working builds" after a similar hardware, many Amd users have described what boot flags they use and other details

... go to the rampagedev website and search for the AMD.dmg, this includes drivers and working DSDT-/SSDT.aml for the most boards.

After Cange kernel, start the Kext Wizzard.app then set the check mark on kernel cache, after ending the procedure then restart your system..

Can't boot both 10.10.5 kernels under VMWare. I've created separate installation vmdk-disk under working 10.10.1 VM (all like with USB Flash drive, but with separate virtual VMWare disk), have created new VM and have tried to install 10.10.5 from scratch, but had kernel panic and invalid opcode. I've tried both kernels, last versions of Clover/Enoch/Chameleon, have added pthread.kexts and some other, changed VM settings to only 1 CPU with one core - and always have had KP & invalid opcode. Will try 10.10.4 may be.

P.S. Have had invalid opcode under real working clean installation than I've switched on a Clover option "Inject NVidia".

Guyz help me..cant get voodoohda to work on 10.10.5? Im using the kernel by y2k4u. whenever im trying to open voodoohda preference panel, it shows me "no voodoohda devices detected"

Have you installed the kext correctly and repaired permissions? Patched AppleHDA works better ;)