HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

Hey Guys :) 

(for that Turion, I'm really away from it ATM)

I got a Pentium Dual Core (will retrieve the model) with no SSE3 and I tried many kernels and I can't get it booting :(<_< so I'm basically looking for a kernel w/ SSE3 emu, what kernel do you propose else ? :) (it's 32bit CPU btw)

I got 10.6 booting but that's tooo OLD :P

Hi guys, i read some pages and I didn't really understand if there is any Mavericks retail VMWare image that works on AMD CPUs.

I actually have a virtual machine with ML 10.8.3 (the one made by ZackSoul/SoulDevTeam) and it's working great, but i would like to upgrade do Mavericks so i can install Xcode6.

I managed to install Niresh' Mavericks ISO but it was buggy and so i'm wondering if there is anything "retail" that work with AMD too.

Thanks for any reply!

P.S.: at the moment i have Mavericks 10.9.5 (originally Mavericks 10.9.1 by SoulDevTeam) on my laptop (Intel) so i think it's all about replacing that kernel so it can boot on AMD system as well.

As far as Mavericks is concerned, this thread is by far and large about retail vanilla installation on AMD (and, by extension, unsupported Intel) platforms using Bronya's kernels.

Ok... Does this mean that i can pick up the SoulDevTeam's Mavericks Retail VMWare Image and replace its current kernel with the lastest Bronya's kernel?

Take this here as a basis

www.sysprobs.com/create-bootable-lion-os-installer-image-vmware-windows-intel-based-computers

or this here

www.ihackintosh.com/2012/07/download-os-x-mountain-lion-bootable-vmdk/

Thank you @spakk ! the second link looks really well organized and easy to follow.

Anyway i'm still wondering how to replace kernel.

I understood i need to download this http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/304-replace-mav-kext-for-amd/# but i didn't understand how to put it in the new system image.

thanks again.

Note: in the amd-kernel.cmd file included in ML by SoulDev, i read 

xcopy /h/Y "%CD%\amd\%NVRAM%" "%CD%\"

i think this might be helpful

P.S.: I just thought that "Replace Mav kext for AMD 10.9.2/3/4/5" might not be what i need...

P.P.S.: Ok probably i need this http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/download/65-amd-kernel/ (as Hervè stated before). But how to add it to the new image?

the kernel belongs in to root directory, per drag and drop

the previous amd kernel for Mavericks run for all Mavericks builds, you do not need to use for any build a new kernel

to be honest. I have no experience with VMWare and create an image for VMWare, possibly it may be that I have you misunderstood

Edited by spakk

the kernel belongs in to root directory, per drag and drop

the previous amd kernel for Mavericks run for all Mavericks builds, you do not need to use for any build a new kernel

to be honest. I have no experience with VMWare and create an image for VMWare, possibly it may be that I have you misunderstood

Thank you :)

Absolutely not! This is a link to a Lion kernel and it says so on the tin!

Bronya's Mavericks kernels can be found in previous pages of this thread or in the download section of this site (right where you found the Lion kernel...). Search for them. I posted instructions regarding kernel file replacement here and it's so much common sense that I'm really just stating the very obvious to be honest...

Ok, so this is the kernel i have to use. Why not this ?

As far as i understood, i will create a vmdk using this guide and put one of those kernel into the root directory. That's right?

@Yask123

Not quite right. Basically, yes only the problem with the built-in graphics card. If this is a desktop computer, you can fix the problem by installing an OS X compatible graphics card.

With a laptop computer, it is difficult but not impossible. Then you have a Mac or a hackintosh make a backup of the executable OS X on a hard drive. Then connect the hard drive in your laptop and then boot with custom boot flags.

PS:

Unfortunately, your dsdt is so complex, once I've patched and compiled everything were all error gone, but once I save and open your DSDT.aml , I get over 200 errors ...... I despair of. This should look rampagedev or rehabman in detail, they may have a solution for it, sory

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, i read some pages and I didn't really understand if there is any Mavericks retail VMWare image that works on AMD CPUs.

I actually have a virtual machine with ML 10.8.3 (the one made by ZackSoul/SoulDevTeam) and it's working great, but i would like to upgrade do Mavericks so i can install Xcode6.

I managed to install Niresh' Mavericks ISO but it was buggy and so i'm wondering if there is anything "retail" that work with AMD too.

Thanks for any reply!

P.S.: at the moment i have Mavericks 10.9.5 (originally Mavericks 10.9.1 by SoulDevTeam) on my laptop (Intel) so i think it's all about replacing that kernel so it can boot on AMD system as well.

Try here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/301284-how-to-mavericks-retail-on-vmware-amd-system/?do=findComment&comment=2066219

Hi all, 

I have a Sapphire HD aquérir 6850 1024 at a very good price (39 € new !!), it works well on ML10.8.5 / Mavericks 10.9. and it stops there !! Mavericks on 10.9.4 / 5 and Yosemite, I am entitled to a white image with rainbow wheel sky !! opengl remains quite low probably due to the CPU
any idea?

2050 rc 15 o.tiff

6850 opengl.tiff

Hi gils,

What bootloader are you using? Clover or chameleon?
Upload your chameleon.boot.plist or config.sys
Which boot flag do you use?

or try with this flag:
npci=0×3000 PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes (No ) IGPEnabler=No -v -f (-x -f)

Do you have disabled the internal APU graphics card?
are you using a dsdt?

Hi spakk ,

en -x ça démarre mais cela ne m'intéresse pas , j'ai testé tout ces drapeaux , je me demande si ce n'est pas l'AGPM qui pose problème , elle est ootb sur ML 10.8.5 et Maveriks 10.9 , il me semble que les pilotes graphiques AMD ont été reconditionné sur les versions suivantes .

in -x it starts but it does not interest me, I tested all these flags, I wonder if this is not the AGPM problematic, it is ootb on ML 10.8.5 and 10.9 Maveriks it I think AMD graphics drivers have been repackaged on the following versions.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I managed to install Mavericks (10.9) on my system using myHack with a few flags "-f npci=0x2000" but I'm can't get to the system after the installation.

I always encounter this error

"USBF: 8.xxx AppleUSBOHCI : : CheckSleepCapability - controller will be unloaded across sleep"

followed by a "Still waiting for root device"

My hard drive is set on AHCI and I tried all these flags on Chameleon and Clover without success "USBLegacyOff=Yes ; USBBusFix=Yes ; UseKernelCache=No ; npci=0×3000 ; PCIRootUID=1 ; debug=8 ahcidisk=1 "

I'm using this kernel http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/255-amd-kernel-for-mavericks-109109110921093/

Since I installed OSX on my SSD, I tried to unplug my HDD while booting but no success.

I would appreciate if somebody help me on this one  :)

take this kernel

check your BIOS settings, if appropriate use a different USB port / or a different USB Flash Disk

AHCI Enabled
SATA enabled
USB stick or external HDD set to first boot sequence (your Mavericks Installer).
Read, read, inform and learn ...   everything else will follow in the course of time ....

@alwin006 Try adding USBLegacyOff=Yes to the list of flags, it could solve your problem, I had similar situation few weeks back.

It was one of the first thing I tried but strangely it did not change anything.

take this kernel

check your BIOS settings, if appropriate use a different USB port / or a different USB Flash Disk

AHCI Enabled

SATA enabled

USB stick or external HDD set to first boot sequence (your Mavericks Installer).

Read, read, inform and learn ...   everything else will follow in the course of time ....

There was a "sata ide combined mode" which was enabled by default, I disabled it and finally managed to boot. 

I'm downloading the 10.9.5 combo update and I'll try the kernel you suggested me. I hope things will not get broken since graphics, sound, ethernet, bluetooth are already working.

Thank you guys 

EDIT: Upgraded to 10.9.5 with BSA 10.9.5 rc1 kernel, the same problem appear again but is no longer followed by "still waiting for root device"

I can still access my OSX partition through windows, if you have any suggestions  :(

XxNiKxX, on 02 Nov 2014 - 04:22 AM, said:

So upon your suggestion I copied and replaced the kexts from S/L/E of 10.9.4 to my current installation and this(attached) happened. :/

spakk, on 02 Nov 2014 - 04:59 AM, said:

you have not reinstalled Mavericks and used the new kernel !! That is the reason why you have these problems .... please discuss your concerns further here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285760-help-topic-further-help-in-chatosx86hulegacykernel-irc/page-106

I will try to help you

you had used System drivers from 10.9.0  for Mavericks 10.9.4, please use the old system drivers from Mavericks 10.9.4 , then repair disk permissions and renew the cache using Kext Wizard, and restart.

if you should get a similar boot problems, like the last time. then use the system.kext from the kernel package .... and .. the repair permissions and renew the cache using Kext Wizard, and restart.

you had used System drivers from 10.9.0  for Mavericks 10.9.4, please use the old system drivers from Mavericks 10.9.4 , then repair disk permissions and renew the cache using Kext Wizard, and restart.

if you should get a similar boot problems, like the last time. then use the system.kext from the kernel package .... and .. the repair permissions and renew the cache using Kext Wizard, and restart.

Apparently I don't have the backup of 10.9.4 kexts. :( Can I get them somewhere else or can some kind soul upload them for me please?