HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

I followed your instructions, i dont have a problem with setting ACHi mode or order of boot. Here is the error messages. Hope its clear enough.

http://imageshack.com/a/img14/1866/d5dr.jpg

Install NullpowerManagement and FakeSMC.kext in to Extra / Extensions /  folder remove ApplePowerManagement from system /library/ extensions /

then boot using the boot flag as above, but with the additional boot  -f, then you're on target

good luck! ^_^:D

Edited by spakk

Hey guys… anyone know if the 10.9.1 update is safe with the latest kernels?  If so, should we stick to combo updates, or update via AppStore? 

Safe to update. The 10.9.1 update does not include a kernel so you don't need to replace it ;)

Latest v4 kernel don't work on FX cpu with os x 10.9.1.

xh5wl3jtlme.jpg

I'm on 10.9.1 and everythings working fine on my FX 8350. I wonder why its not working with your FX processor. and that kernel panic looks to be because of voodoohda, instead of the kernel.

I delete applehda and the kp is gone

The reason why you had a kernel panic you get that you have previously installed the VoodooHDA and during the update to 10.9.1 AppleHDA which was also installed

Two hardware driver provides kernel panic. That is the reason why you get voodoo extensions in backtrace as kernel panic.

??

why chipset sound ?

It is important that you read the kernel panic right. Basically, always install one hardware driver. Never two similar drivers . ?

hello guys

i made alot of progress and this is the error i get now 

boot flags i used were, npci=0x2000 BusRatio=20 GraphicsEnabler=No -v -f

Used myhack to prepare the usb installation.

My rig

Amd FX 8350 , 

990fx

16gb of ram

HD radeon 7870

• Like 1

hello guys

My rig

Amd FX 8350 , 

990fx

16gb of ram

HD radeon 7870

I have the same hardware and it boots with npci=0x3000 -v with no other boot flags.

Your CPU doesn't, the devs have tried to emulate as much as possible but some apps have their own SSSE3 checks.

Favour for anyone with Xcode to test please, too many mix of different Xcode's & cmdtools on my side... Uploading a xnu-builder with git clone from sinetek's.

Damn.  Mavs doesn't support Pro Tools 9, and 11 is telling me this now… Wonder if I can still get a legit copy of 10 somewhere?  Wonder if it works with Mavs?  

Alas, this isn't the place for such questions lol just thinking out loud.  Thanks guys.

Damn.  Mavs doesn't support Pro Tools 9, and 11 is telling me this now… Wonder if I can still get a legit copy of 10 somewhere?  Wonder if it works with Mavs?  

Alas, this isn't the place for such questions lol just thinking out loud.  Thanks guys.

Try a trial from Avid's website first. Google is your friend :Dhttp://secure.avid.com/services/avid/kb/downloads.cfm?digiArticleId=43812

Try a trial from Avid's website first. Google is your friend :Dhttp://secure.avid.com/services/avid/kb/downloads.cfm?digiArticleId=43812

Yessir, found that pretty much right after posting. Running the installer now, if anyone is interested in the results I can let u guys know. If u guys wanna move this to the Help Topic that's cool too.

hello guys

My rig

Amd FX 8350 , 

990fx

16gb of ram

HD radeon 7870

you've made progress, that makes me happy. now you are nearing your destination :thumbsup_anim:

make with Disk Utility your USB stick, it may be that create an error when the USB stick is been created from myhack. further suppose that extra folder of gils  ( see here 

#1711 icon_share.png   and here      #1721 icon_share.png

as a base and add your chameleon.boot.plist into the extra folder. then boats with the usb-stick.

then your installation should work :yes:

good luck!

Is this kernel related?  Got this message when trying to launch Pro Tools 11.  Not sure if it's the kernel or if my processor actually doesn't support SSSE3 LOL 

5RsCb.png

have you installed the latest update for protools?

Yes.  I've tried Pro Tools 9,10 and 11 now, finally got 10 to run but ran into an iLok authorization issue.  I thought I wouldn't need it to run a trial version, but I guess you do.  

My buddy needs some help recovering some old Pro Tools projects, and I run Logic in my studio, so I figured I'd just install Pro Tools long enough to bounce his projects and call it a day, but I guess it's not gonna be that easy.  I certainly don't plan on buying a $700 license just to run the software for an afternoon LOL

If anyone knows a way to run Pro Tools 10 without an iLok, I'd be very interested.  Thanks guys!