HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have iATKOS 10.8.2 installed when I boot the installed system,comes "Decrypted block looks like" has anyone an idea as?

Bootflag is "npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0 -v -f"

cimg0320r.jpg

Is that where it is stalling?

Try to boot with amd_kernel busratio=20 fsb=200 cpus=8 npci=0x2000 -v GraphicsEnabler=No

I can Install ML with the above boot flags and setup the user fine but after that I get a white screen.

I have pretty much the exact same hardware as you, MB, CPU & Ram, only difference is the GFX card. ATI instead of Nvidia

Did you copy over the files from this rollback for 10.8.0_with System.kexts.zip to your install media.

Madmungo

Edited by MadMungo

Theconnactic, can you link me to Sinetek's OP of that kernel so I can add it to my Kernel Database? It's 10.8.2, right?

It is Sineteks AMD test 1 Kernel, It is the same on supplied to you by Bitcore in the Database of Current Working AMD Kernels thread.

Is that where it is stalling?

Try to boot with amd_kernel busratio=20 fsb=200 cpus=8 npci=0x2000 -v GraphicsEnabler=No

I can Install ML with the above boot flags and setup the user fine but after that I get a white screen.

I have pretty much the exact same hardware as you, MB, CPU & Ram, only difference is the GFX card. ATI instead of Nvidia

Did you copy over the files from this rollback for 10.8.0_with System.kexts.zip to your install media.

Madmungo

Hi,

Yes it stops where the photo is.I have your Bootflag taken.It is the same error.Yes I have the rollback for 10.8.0_with System.kexts.zip taken.

I will later times sinetek be Kernel try.

regards

Hello,

I have iATKOS 10.8.2 installed when I boot the installed system,comes "Decrypted block looks like" has anyone an idea as?

Bootflag is "npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0 -v -f"

cimg0320r.jpg

Oke so here you go:

1. Open your ML HDD on a working OSX.

2. Install this package , and set install location to your ML HDD

3. Then download this kext and put it in the following folder of your ML HDD: System->Libary->Extensions.

4. Just let it overwrite the file.

5. Then open Disk Utility, which is in the Utilities folder, which is in your application folder.

6. Select your HDD and under the "first aid" tab click on "repair permissions" (lower left corner)

7. Once that is finished you will probably be able to boot :)

If not please tell me!

Bitcore

Hello, I have some problem with sinetec_pp 10.6.8 amd kernel. After then my system booted, my mouse and keyboard don't make any affect on desktop (desktop is not freezed, i can see how my dropbox syncs ).

Arguments like -x didn't help

I had patched dydl like it says here bud had errors

amd_insn_patcher /usr/lib/libSystem.B_profile.dylib pat/libSystem.B_profile.dylib
Patching universal binary (3 architectures)
Patching X86_64 part (processor 16777223, architecture 0)
No code signature found, skipping patch
Patch report (1): 0 instructions patched, 437 bad instructions, patches bypassed: NO
Patching I386 part (processor 7, architecture 1)
No code signature found, skipping patch
Patch report (2): 0 instructions patched, 33 bad instructions, patches bypassed: NO
Skipping non-Intel architecture (2)
No patches found, not generating output file

now i have only 2 files without errors (dyld and libSystem.B_profile.dylib). I did it by using amd_insn_patcher V1.03

Hi Bitcore,

now comes a other message on the screen and stops.

cimg0324t.jpg

So the only thing left should be replacing these kexts with the same in System/Libary/Extensions,

After that fix the permissions again and it should boot..

So the only thing left should be replacing these kexts with the same in System/Libary/Extensions,

After that fix the permissions again and it should boot..

I went to kexts folder and removed everything beginning with AppleIntel, since we are AMD no big deal....? Worked for me and a side note the newest FakeSMC has a issue. (I use version 4.0). I also have not patched a dylib since Snow Leopard.

Bitcore can you tell me what has changed in the kexts you posted or a link to that info. I am very curious as I use only the acpi one.

Now if SomeOne could squash the nvidia driver bugs!

I have figured it out thanks to "conti" as faer as boot without safemode with nvidia card on mountain lion. Will post in the Working Builds soon.

Edited by unimatrix725

I went to kexts folder and removed everything beginning with AppleIntel, since we are AMD no big deal....? Worked for me and a side note the newest FakeSMC has a issue. (I use version 4.0). I also have not patched a dylib since Snow Leopard.

Bitcore can you tell me what has changed in the kexts you posted or a link to that info. I am very curious as I use only the acpi one.

Now if SomeOne could squash the nvidia driver bugs!

I have figured it out thanks to "conti" as faer as boot without safemode with nvidia card on mountain lion. Will post in the Working Builds soon.

these are the 10.8 versions. the kernel doesn't support the 10.8.2 versions of those kexts

Hi, just tried to install ML 10.8 on my AMD. However, the installer window does not load. I just get the installer grey background and that is it.

Specifications:

AMD Phenom X6 1090t 3.2GHz

8GB Mushkin DDR3 RAM

MSI Twin Frozr II 6950 2GB (2 monitors plugged in via displayport and another one via dvi [3 screens])

ASUS M5A78L-M LX V2 Motherboard (With HD3000 built in)

OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD

160GB Maxtor HDD

160GB Maxtor HDD

I booted with:

-v -f GraphicsEnabler=no PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x3000.

I have imaged the mountain lion installesd.dmg to my portable hdd via MyHack and dropped in the latest AMD mach_kernel from the kernel thread's first topic.

Whilst booting i get quite a few SAM MULTIMEDIA errors.etc. However it boots up quite quick into the installer. Graphics output, all 3 screens show output. Left white screen, Middle grey sort of mountain lion background, Right white screen, with the mouse draggable between all three.

Any ideas of how to get the installer window to pop up?

[ADDITIONAL] Would utilizing the built in graphics for the installer work?

Hi, just tried to install ML 10.8 on my AMD. However, the installer window does not load. I just get the installer grey background and that is it.

Specifications:

AMD Phenom X6 1090t 3.2GHz

8GB Mushkin DDR3 RAM

MSI Twin Frozr II 6950 2GB (2 monitors plugged in via displayport and another one via dvi [3 screens])

ASUS M5A78L-M LX V2 Motherboard (With HD3000 built in)

OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD

160GB Maxtor HDD

160GB Maxtor HDD

I booted with:

-v -f GraphicsEnabler=no PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x3000.

I have imaged the mountain lion installesd.dmg to my portable hdd via MyHack and dropped in the latest AMD mach_kernel from the kernel thread's first topic.

Whilst booting i get quite a few SAM MULTIMEDIA errors.etc. However it boots up quite quick into the installer. Graphics output, all 3 screens show output. Left white screen, Middle grey sort of mountain lion background, Right white screen, with the mouse draggable between all three.

Any ideas of how to get the installer window to pop up?

[ADDITIONAL] Would utilizing the built in graphics for the installer work?

Try with different kernels, some say Sinetek's works better, some say AnV's. Just experiment with different flags and kernels. ;)

At least mach_sse42_only, test2 and different versions of amd_kernel have been reported to work with Phenom II.

Look at the awesome kernel thread, there are instructions for different kernels. Some may need AppleDecrypt or patched CoreCrypto for example.

Thanks for responding. I plugged my middle monitor into the IGP HD3000 and enabled IGP in my bios. I am now near the end of the mountain lion installer. The two monitors still plugged into 6950 show up with corrupted graphics, but at least i am nearly installed as a start :D. (Apparently that is normal for 6950/6970 on intel as well, you need to use the IGP for installation :D). Will have a look at them kernels, post back here if i need anymore help, and if its gone successful post in the build log :D

[EDIT] After trying to boot into the system with the same flags as my previous post it loads the kexts then immediately reboots? Im guessing this could be to do with the kernel i used (amd_kernel) or something else entirely.

[2nd Edit] I hadn't copied over the AMD kernel to the new installation -_- hahah

Will the new kernel with opemu work on my (Llano) A8-3850? it's only missing the ssse3 instruction set but I haven't seen anyone with an APU in these threads yet?

The Llano series essentially uses (slightly updated) K10 cores, not bulldozer.

Quick Update :D. Im typing this from ML 10.8 on my pc. At the moment i have graphics working on all 3 monitors in safe mode (needs a few kexts to make it work which i am sorting out now), network and thats about it.

No graphics distortion>!!??! Teach me your skills :D

[Additional] Finally got my graphics working (netkas 6970 for 10.8.2 package), updated to 10.8.2 and copied over the kernel I was using. Now I am getting intense graphical corruption. Like on the login screen, safari (text jumbled up, chracters missing, lines all sorts D:). Any ideas?

[Additional] Finally got my graphics working (netkas 6970 for 10.8.2 package), updated to 10.8.2 and copied over the kernel I was using. Now I am getting intense graphical corruption. Like on the login screen, safari (text jumbled up, chracters missing, lines all sorts D:). Any ideas?

You got the same problems as everyone else with ATI. ;)

I think someone disabled the powermanagement in the ROM or something, which fixed the problems (but Flash didn't work with Chrome) or something...

You got the same problems as everyone else with ATI. ;)

I think someone disabled the powermanagement in the ROM or something, which fixed the problems (but Flash didn't work with Chrome) or something...

Wait a minute, i thought NVIDIA has the same problems?

If not i'll be buying such a card today ;p

BItcore

Wait a minute, i thought NVIDIA has the same problems?

If not i'll be buying such a card today ;p

BItcore

Not sure if someone found solution to the problems, but this is how I understand it:

ATI = Native resolution, full QE/CI, graphics glitches

NVidia = Boots only to safemode, without QE/CI, some has got it booting without -x, but still no QE/CI, no information about glitches

So I think ATI is kinda "the winner" atm, but it still has some glitches.

Like I said, try disabling the power management in the ROM, you can find instructions somewhere on the AMD Development section. :D

Welcome! You have a really solid system for running OSX on. Just boot nawcom ModCD with 'arch=i386 maxmem=4096 busratio=21 npci=0x2000 -v'. That should get you to the installer. Check out this thread http://www.insanelym...lations-on-amd/. If you have anymore questions post them in there.

The only downfall of your system at the moment is the GTX 550. It will not work at full resolution or with hardware acceleration in SL because there is no support for it. In ML there are currently problems with nvidia gpus, you can get full resolution but there will be no hardware acceleration.

Your link says its invalid.

Hi all,

It's really nice to see that there are a lot fx users who can finally boot ML :)

Right now, i'm running 10.8.2 :)

If you need any help, PM me or join the IRC channel.

Compared to some other members, i know nothing about osx86.

But as i'm working on de osx/fx combination for months now, i might be able to help you(;

Cheers!

Mini tutorial like thing for the FX processors:

1. Get a copy of iAtkos ML2

2. In a working version of osx, plug in your USB device and mount the iAtkos image.

3. Go to disk utility, go to restore, and drag your usb to destination and the mounted image to source.

4. Then after finished restoring , install this : http://updo.nl/file/8c4871d6.zip (Set install location to you iAtkos USB Drive)

5. When that one is finished, copy this kernel : http://updo.nl/file/0cc60991.zip to the root of your USB Device.

6. Boot from the USB drive using: npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0 -v -f

7. Profit :)

I did What you said I was able to install ML in under 15 minutes on my FX-8150. but i get the boot loader screen and it reboots even when using "-v -f -x npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0" I was able to install with the kernel you gave me with the above Boot Flags but not boot into the actual desktop. Sad :(

I tried AnV's latest kernel with myhack on my A8-3850 but I cannot get it to boot. It loads kexts and then restarts regardless of the various bootflags. I have the older legacy kernel working fine in VMWare and Snow Leopard so the fact that this is an APU is not the cause I guess...

I tried AnV's latest kernel with myhack on my A8-3850 but I cannot get it to boot. It loads kexts and then restarts regardless of the various bootflags. I have the older legacy kernel working fine in VMWare and Snow Leopard so the fact that this is an APU is not the cause I guess...

So you tried to ran the ML on a "real" machine? VMWare emulates devices etc, so the APU can actually cause the restart. Virtualization is totally different from running a live machine.