HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

…so can I ask about Clover here..?  Or should I head to the help topic?  

I just want to know the benefits of it.  I did notice that when I booted Clover from USB, I was able to get to my login screen but I had no mouse or keyboard.  Don't know exactly how Clover works.  I did like the fact that my machine booted in full resolution to the Apple loading screen though lol

….so basically, why should I switch to Clover, in a nutshell?  (move me to help topic if this is inappropriate, sorry)

Hi guys, anyone know why my memory speed is 667MHz and it should bee 1600MHz?

Make the change in your SMBios if you are using chameleon.

Add this:

<key>SMmemtype</key>
 <string>24</string>
 <key>SMmemspeed</key>
 <string>1600</string>
SMmemtype 24 = DDR3

SMmemspeed 1600 = 1600MHz

On mavericks, since OpenGL is working 100%, I'm curious to why Bioshock Infinite crashes after the 2K logo. It's the only game that wont launch.

Look in Console for why it crashes. May not be OpenGL causing the crash.

I'm actually having an issue I've had since Lion. I have an Intel ethernet adapter built into my motherboard, and I have to use the AppleIntelE1000.kext and after a while or while im downloading and listening to music or browsing the web it just cuts the internet off completely and can't get an IP address. I'm on mavericks, I've reinstalled the kext multiple times but the problem still occurs.

I understand a dsdt but how do I got about getting the correct one for me

Does the DSDT have anything to do with CPU?  Like we were talking about, we have same boards/diff CPU, but you're more than welcome to try my DSDT and see if it works for you.  It's been patched to read the 5750 properly as well, which we also have in common.  Check it out: 

DSDT.aml.zip

• Like 1

Hi guys, first time here and WOW !

The reason i'm here is cause i DID manage to run OSX 10.8 on my PC. My config are:

AMD FX-6100 @ 4.5 Ghz

Gigabyte 970A

Corsair Vengeance 8GB @ 1866MHZ

Nvidia GTX770

240 GB SSD

Here is the deal, i noticed that the graphics were very poor since i saw the kernel was not supporting any nVidia graphics. Any way i updated to Maverick within the OSX and i got a weird message saying:Untitled.png

So this did not appeal to me very much lol. After some research i found that the mavericks kernel is under development for FX series. I Also downloaded it but did not understand how to apply it or use it since the one before was a batch file which came in the package of the OSX. May i please know how to use the kernel ? Do i need to apply it specifically ? Are there any batch files available that will work ? My current settings in VMware:

Vmware 9

processors 6

150gb

AMD-V

Okay guys, I have a bit of a dilemma that has been plaguing me ever since I updated from SL to Lion.  I used to have an IOUSBFamily.kext that was patched for OHCI and EHCI that let my system sleep and wake properly.  It stopped working with Lion, and with the stock kext, every time I wake my system from sleep, my USB devices have all been ejected and remounted and I get that error message that pops up when you pull out a USB drive without unmounting it first.  

With my old kext on SL, verbose boot would show all of my USB devices with "Check Sleep Capability - Forced ON".  Now they all say "…devices will be unloaded across sleep".  Having functioning sleep is kind of a waste since I can't put my system to sleep without ejecting all of my external USB drives.  I really don't want to damage them  :(

Can anyone offer me any advice on how to fix this problem?  I've tried patching my DSDT, and using my old SL kexts, and nothing seems to be working.  I don't really know what Im doing with the DSDT, so I'm assuming I could have been doing that wrong.  

Thanks guys!

Okay.  Brain fart. Somewhere along the lines, I inadvertently installed the stock IOUSBFamily kext to my E/E directory, so no matter which one I installed in S/L/E, the one from E/E was loading on top of it.  I deleted it, and now my USB devices are detected as internal and loading correctly.  

Weird thing is, now my SleepEnabler isn't working.  Or something isn't working.  I can't get my system to sleep  :blush:

EDIT:  After installing the patched IOUSBFamily kext and having my USB devices recognized as internal, I tried just deleting SleepEnabler altogether to see what would happen.  Viola!  Working sleep.  

So, for the first time since installing my first Hackintosh on 10.5, I can say I have a fully working system.  No unrecognized hardware whatsoever.  I am one happy camper.  

Is it possible to delete the IOBluetooth family kext so it's ignored from boot? That is what slows down my boot by a minute at least.

Hi guys, first time here and WOW !

The reason i'm here is cause i DID manage to run OSX 10.8 on my PC. My config are:

AMD FX-6100 @ 4.5 Ghz

Gigabyte 970A

Corsair Vengeance 8GB @ 1866MHZ

Nvidia GTX770

240 GB SSD

Here is the deal, i noticed that the graphics were very poor since i saw the kernel was not supporting any nVidia graphics. Any way i updated to Maverick within the OSX and i got a weird message saying:Untitled.png

So this did not appeal to me very much lol. After some research i found that the mavericks kernel is under development for FX series. I Also downloaded it but did not understand how to apply it or use it since the one before was a batch file which came in the package of the OSX. May i please know how to use the kernel ? Do i need to apply it specifically ? Are there any batch files available that will work ? My current settings in VMware:

Vmware 9

processors 6

150gb

AMD-V

Unzip the kernel then rename it something other than mach_kernel , so like test_kernel, then put it in the root of your hard drive, then reboot and put the name of the kernel in the beginning of your flags - so "test_kernel -v" or what we flags you are using. Always include -v

Is it possible to delete the IOBluetooth family kext so it's ignored from boot? That is what slows down my boot by a minute at least.

Unzip the kernel then rename it something other than mach_kernel , so like test_kernel, then put it in the root of your hard drive, then reboot and put the name of the kernel in the beginning of your flags - so "test_kernel -v" or what we flags you are using. Always include -v

Hi Chris, yeah you can delete it but I don't think it will speed it up really... better yet use the blacklist built-in the kernel. Check if you have nvram caching boot args like "-f" and check if UseKernelCache=Yes. I know theconnactic was also having slow boots.

Hi, is there any way to log into App Store on 10.9 mavericks with Bronya rc7 kernel?

I suppose that the reason is the same as with iMessages and iCloud not working, but App Store is core element of OS and I'll be relieved if there is any way to log on.

P.S. I tried many serial numbers, no success.

Hi, is there any way to log into App Store on 10.9 mavericks with Bronya rc7 kernel?

I suppose that the reason is the same as with iMessages and iCloud not working, but App Store is core element of OS and I'll be relieved if there is any way to log on.

P.S. I tried many serial numbers, no success.

Some people are lucky and it works, if you have access to a mac or working intel hackintosh you can merge and it will transfer iCloud and sometimes App Store login details.

Some people are lucky and it works, if you have access to a mac or working intel hackintosh you can merge and it will transfer iCloud and sometimes App Store login details.

But what's reason? Should I try to generate more serial numbers, or it's kernel-related?

First time when I've turned my hacintosh on, I had some graphics problem (I removed NVDAResman by mistake), but I was able to log into iMessage! After that, I've fixed graphics but now I always have "activation error" when logging into iMessage.

Very strange situation.