HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

hey guys I'm installing lion well trying i get stuck at check sleep capability or mac os version not yet set, inset on achi and I've tried most flags please help would be great!

Can you post a picture of where it hangs please.

Ok its installed now i need to remember how to transfer over the kernel so it boots correctly each time and best way to install kexts and how to update to latest haha!

Im a noob so any help would be great i have only had Mlion working but graphics was to annoying.

trying to boot but can find my kernel now.. weird

{censored} i forgot console bit can u remind me of commands?

On the installer open Terminal type the following,

cp -pr /Volumes/*Install Drive Name*/mach_kernel /Volumes/*HDD Name*

That should do the trick. I use kext wizard to install kexts. As for updating. Make a copy of the kernel on your desktop. Download the combo update from apple site. Install but don't reboot. Delete mach_kernel from the HDD root and replace with the one on your desktop. Repair permissions and reboot :)

thanks ill give it a go thanks for your time

i can't copy it across, my usb has a space in

iATKOS L2 they renamed it when i installed int on it....

my HDD is called Lion

not sure the command icon for spaces in names so it won't copy

thanks

figured it i think... testing now needed to use a \ for a space ..eg iATKOS\ L2/

ye its booted your command was correct but my usb had a space in =] haha

Weird it now says PCI configuration begin without the USB in and trying to boot straight to hdd.
  • Like 1

I'm on an FX-8350 using a XFX  Radeon 5770, and with arch=i386 or just pure 64 bit opengl doesn't hardly work. It works enough for everything to function, but chrome is completely unusable due to artifacting, and none of my games on steam will launch and play. Borderlands 2 just stops working and Sanctum launches but you can tell there is a lot of OpenGL issues. It was slow, and the background had black and choppy objects. I'm using http://www.mediafire.com/?lz9gow6rw3k6dav this kernel I found on the patched kernels page.

And I'm on 10.7.5 Lion.

I used amd_kernel -v -x npci=0x3000 and it's stuck at built in decrypter will be used.

Tried with ge

Yes and no. Gets stuck at PCI configuration begin.

Tried with pcirootuid=1 and it's booted in what do I need to change?

Amd_kernel -v -x npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1 worked.

Changed chameleon boot but it's slow to boot need to sort graphics out.

So i can boot in but slowly takes a while i can't seem to get my graphics working correctly. weird whats the best kext installer to get the correct kexts because I'm not sure what kexts i will need is there any universal ones i can use?

thanks