HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

If you want I can skype you and walk you over it... but as I said try the older kernel with iATKOS L2.

Uhhh I have L2 and ML2 from iATKOS. I tried to use MyHack as a USB loader for ML with a retail disc but sadly it did not boot. I tried many things but it may as well just have exploded. 

so ive got mountian lion to work on my laptop

SPEC:

AMD athlon II p320 x2 2.1GHz Dual Core

8GB DDR3 RAM

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 (880 Chipset)

AR9825 WIFI

so Ive gotten everything working appart from graphics sad.png when I was in snow leopard I had everything working just that I had the constant 'self assigned ip address' so I went to mountain lion and it works perfectly biggrin.png

anyway... im on 10.8.2 and I just want a kext that will allow resolution change and possibly be abil to let me watch youtube... thats all I want... so can anyone help me out ? im on ATI 4250 smile.png hell of a card I know -.- any help would be great thanks smile.png

Uhhh I have L2 and ML2 from iATKOS. I tried to use MyHack as a USB loader for ML with a retail disc but sadly it did not boot. I tried many things but it may as well just have exploded. 

du Nase, ich habe es dir nicht so erklärt,du solltest  iatkos ML mittels Festplattendienstprogramm starten und den Installationsprozess auf die andere partition durchführen/ installieren (lese dir die iatkos Install anleitung,)  :whistle:

you nose, I have not explained it to you, you should start iATKOS ML by Disk Utility and perform the installation process on the other partition

Hey Everyone! :)

After much frustration in trying to get 10.8.3 to work with my fx 4130 and an EVGA GTX-660....

I have a Sapphire Radeon 6870 on the way and will be returning the 660.

When I receive this card I plan to install a fresh copy of Lion 10.7.4.

Is there anything specific I need to do to make this card work ootb with a fresh install of 10.7.4?

I would like to have my usb installer ready when the card arrives.

I have the following MB and CPU.

AMD FX-4130

MSI 970A-G46

Thanks for your time!

• Like 1

Hello,

I need help installing Lion 10.7 on my pc:

Motherboard: Redfox RF-78LMT

CPU: AMD FX™-6300 Six-Core Processor (6 CPUs), ~3.5GHz

RAM: 8192MB RAM

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 430 Zotac 2GB Synergy Edition

HDD: TOSHIBA DT01ACA050 ATA Device (500GB)

I'm currently using Windows 7.

Can someone guide me in what to download and to do. I already have a Mac OS X Lion 10.7 .dmg file.

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I need help installing Lion 10.7 on my pc:

Motherboard: Redfox RF-78LMT

CPU: AMD FX™-6300 Six-Core Processor (6 CPUs), ~3.5GHz

RAM: 8192MB RAM

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 430 Zotac 2GB Synergy Edition

HDD: TOSHIBA DT01ACA050 ATA Device (500GB)

I'm currently using Windows 7.

Can someone guide me in what to download and to do. I already have a Mac OS X Lion 10.7 .dmg file.

Thanks in advance!

• here your motherboard Spezification: http://www.redfox.com.ph/rf-a78lmt.html
  • CPU should not cause any problems
  • The subject was described here very often in detail , please read through here.
  • Adjust BIOS settings correctly!

such as:

set AHCI [Enabled] etc.

• the best take the iATK** versions and burn a DVD with the slowest pace of the race.
  • then put the DVD into the drive and boot your system
  • There are many videos on youtube how to get prepared the HDD for MAc OSX , etc.
  • than follow the Install description.
  • search the right drivers for your hardware and install them

or, click here and ask your questions: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/chat/,

perhaps someone has time to answer your questions?

Edited by spakk

I have installed Lion successfully (using iAtkos L2). But I have a problem. 

Now when I boot off the HDD that has OSX, it loads all the kexts, and the kernel, but then just reboots after "Starting darwin". But weirdly enough if I use the USB to boot, it boots fine. How can I fix this?

AMD Athlon x2 @ 3.3Ghz
Biostar A780L Motherboard
ATI HD 5770

• Like 1

I have installed Lion successfully (using iAtkos L2). But I have a problem. 

Now when I boot off the HDD that has OSX, it loads all the kexts, and the kernel, but then just reboots after "Starting darwin". But weirdly enough if I use the USB to boot, it boots fine. How can I fix this?

AMD Athlon x2 @ 3.3Ghz

Biostar A780L Motherboard

ATI HD 5770

Your HDD's bootloader is trying to boot from the vanilla (stock) kernel. Make sure the patched AMD kernel is at the root of your HDD and is either referred to in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist (like kerneland_kernel - or any name you gave to the kernel) or renamed as mach_kernel, so it can be seen automatically.

All the best!

Still no luck trying to install on virtualbox it keeps freezing at the point in the picture

Not freezing at all: it's booting fine, but the desktop won't appear. Remove any graphics boot flag, such as GraphicsEnabler=Yes etc, or even use GraphicsEnabler=No.

Hey Everyone! :)

After much frustration in trying to get 10.8.3 to work with my fx 4130 and an EVGA GTX-660....

I have a Sapphire Radeon 6870 on the way and will be returning the 660.

When I receive this card I plan to install a fresh copy of Lion 10.7.4.

Is there anything specific I need to do to make this card work ootb with a fresh install of 10.7.4?

I would like to have my usb installer ready when the card arrives.

I have the following MB and CPU.

AMD FX-4130

MSI 970A-G46

Thanks for your time!

Do it the same way you'd do for an Intel hackintosh, but replace the stock mach_kernel by the one available for 10.7.5 on AMD in Insanelymac's downloads section. Good luck!

Thanks theconnactic for the reply!

I am going to do a fresh re-install today, and give that a go. For some reason now when i use "legacy_kernel -v -F" as my flags, it just says "kernel legacy_kernel loaded", and sits there indefinitely. I've obviously messed something up trying to get this damn thing working. 

Will post how it goes.

So still nothing. Trying EVERY kernel returns the same thing - reboot at starting Darwin. Except for Shane's, that says "boot0 bad magic number" no matter what arch is used. Any ideas on what I can do next?

check your chameleon.boot.plist /Extra/, the kernel-name must be identical to the kernel on root, otherwise the system will reboot.

for example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>amd_kernel</string>    !!!!!!!!!
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No -x</string>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Boot Graphics</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
        ........................................................ etc

Yeah I renamed the kernel that worked during install to mach_kernel and deleted the generic one. It still does not work.

make a video and upload it here, maybe we can see something what is the cause

Finally got it to work! Expanded the iatkos DMG using TransMac, then burned to a cd along with the kernel. Now I just need to get my network working. Is the Trendnet TEW 648 a good choice?

Finally got it to work! Expanded the iatkos DMG using TransMac, then burned to a cd along with the kernel. Now I just need to get my network working. Is the Trendnet TEW 648 a good choice?

• Like 1

I decided to just go ahead and buy it. The guy at the shop was INCREDIBLY convinced that the TEW 648UB would not work. Get home, install drivers, and bam, working wireless :D

Now I just need to fix the small crashes I get with Network Assistant (dyld seems to pop up a lot in the log).

My Mac is finally working perfectly!

Thanks to everyone on this forum for all the help.

• Like 1