HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

@VVlasy,

I think it must be something like that, as I cannot get ANY of the AMD 64bit-kernels to boot there respective os versions.

This means no LION LP64 or Mountain Lion LP64 for me, just instant reboots.

Dose not matter what BIOS settings, Kernel Flags or Kexts are used, I just continue to get the kexts loaded then INSTANT REBOOT.

Bitcore I think you are right. I left out the busratio boot flag on my lion install and it dose what the ML kernels do, instant reboot.

I wonder if a kernel with a hardcoded busratio will work. I remember seeing one in one of the threads but cannot seem to find it.

The kernel I am using (of course from this site) is working at least till installing ML (but at the last minute after installing the myhack stuff it gives an error) , but not yet been able to do a perfect install. Will try again. Also there is not much info about not able to start from the startup disk.

@TheMentalist:

Look at my post: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285110-amd-working-builds/?do=findComment&comment=1879066

Have the same error, install fails. But that's no problem, i think. You have to install a boot loader or boot your ml with the loader from your myhack device.

eg. select myhack ml installation source. normaly you can change startup disk here with your keyboard (left or right arrow). select ml boot disk and type your kernel commands. boot should work fine and you can install a boot loader from within your running ml.

@TheMentalist:

Look at my post: http://www.insanelym...s/#entry1879066

Have the same error, install fails. But that's no problem, i think. You have to install a boot loader or boot your ml with the loader from your myhack device.

eg. select myhack ml installation source. normaly you can change startup disk here with your keyboard (left or right arrow). select ml boot disk and type your kernel commands. boot should work fine and you can install a boot loader from within your running ml.

Hi,

I have tried booting from myhack usb disk using "and_kernel arch= x86_64 -v GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000" but it comes up with "kernel not found" and without the and_kernel option I get a reboot.

Mad Marcsen and to all members,

I made HISTORY :) I don't know why ML booted perfectly using the my hack usb and I didn't select the install partition. Just awaiting ATI7xxxx series kexts :) . HEY BUT I WILL TRY BOOTING IT ONCE MORE AND CHECK.

That history was short lived , this time it went straight to installation :(, but for the time I was on ML on the desktop it was just too quick. Hey anyone know about the ATI7xxxx kexts ?

Hi,

I have tried booting from myhack usb disk using "and_kernel arch= x86_64 -v GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000" but it comes up with "kernel not found" and without the and_kernel option I get a reboot.

Mad Marcsen and to all members,

I made HISTORY :) I don't know why ML booted perfectly using the my hack usb and I didn't select the install partition. Just awaiting ATI7xxxx series kexts :) . HEY BUT I WILL TRY BOOTING IT ONCE MORE AND CHECK.

That history was short lived , this time it went straight to installation :(, but for the time I was on ML on the desktop it was just too quick. Hey anyone know about the ATI7xxxx kexts ?

Yes, me,

As Apple dev I have access to the beta versions

Latest 10.8.3 has "Tahiti" (ATI7000 series) support

Yes, me,

As Apple dev I have access to the beta versions

Latest 10.8.3 has "Tahiti" (ATI7000 series) support

Ohhh is it possible to pass me the kexts ? I am using one from osx86 but not sure they shall work. just installing them right now .

Installed the ones from osx86 but a white screen on login with just a cursor damn damn.

i tried with the kext's from 10.8.3, too. but apparently they made changes so you need more kext's for proper work, maybe anv knows more. and if they introduce a new driver maybe they changed a lot....

There is a guide from rampagedave , but my dsdt does not contain any POP or NPE3 device as mentioned by him under IOReg else I would have taken that path.

Ok i guess I will wait ANV's reply.

BTW does ML support the onboard ATI HD 4250 ? I don't mind using it till the ati7000 series kexts are out.

e

I think the ATI7xxx kexts which I got from osx86 does something but my display is stuck on a white screen and not getting a login prompt , the mouse and the keyboard works. The thing I noticed is that my screen is coming like eyefinity (I have a two LED eyefinity setup) , so guess I can try without graphicsenabler=Yes . Keep posted.

I managed to get the ATI7000 kexts working and received the full 1600x900 resolution nice and crisp though Acceleration did not work possibly due to the onboard being the first display , the 1600x900 was on the 7750 (as an extended display) I need to keep the on board as the first display else I get a white screen , though the on board resolution does not go beyond 1024x768 (ATI HD 4250) due to no kexts being loaded.

ATI 7xxx cards have a problem with OSX: you often have to put the machine to sleep than wake it for the graphics to work. If you can't get sleep with you OSX system (on AMD, you probably won't), perhaps disconnecting and reconnecting the monitor will do the trick for your white screen issue,

ATI 7xxx cards have a problem with OSX: you often have to put the machine to sleep than wake it for the graphics to work. If you can't get sleep with you OSX system (on AMD, you probably won't), perhaps disconnecting and reconnecting the monitor will do the trick for your white screen issue,

Are you sure about it ? it is a full white screen just on login prompt but I cannot see the login prompt though the system is working as the mouse and keyboard works and yes the resolution also did change to as the mouse cursor looks smaller. So should unplug both the LED's and then plug in a single one on the VGA port ? Hmm I am not sure about the sleep thing as this is my desktop system and not my laptop.

Do you mean the "sleep" from the menu ? I think that sleep works.

The HD 7750 shows up as a correct 2GB card.

Are you sure about it ? it is a full white screen just on login prompt but I cannot see the login prompt though the system is working as the mouse and keyboard works and yes the resolution also did change to as the mouse cursor looks smaller. So should unplug both the LED's and then plug in a single one on the VGA port ? Hmm I am not sure about the sleep thing as this is my desktop system and not my laptop.

Do you mean the "sleep" from the menu ? I think that sleep works.

The HD 7750 shows up as a correct 2GB card.

You should always try different outputs from your card, the beta kexts may not work correctly yet. ;)

I'm going to make a fresh install USB with myhack right now.

Stay tuned

Update : R.E.B.O.O.T , i've made a 15min video when trying kernel flags, and changing bios settings.

Please watch it (: =