HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

Nice! HDMI audio working for the very first time on this system! Out of curiosity, is there a way for me to enable the rest of my on board audio ports thru DSDT edits? Right now it shows my USB audio device and the HDTV I'm plugged into as available audio options.

Graphics card still reads "Radeon HD 5700 Series" though. Is that supposed to have changed yet?

PS: Bronya kernels still not playing nice for me again... :( Gotta figure out what setting I'm missing... It's like it doesn't make any difference at all when I disable Turbo CORE now. Weird.

Nice! HDMI audio working for the very first time on this system! Still reads "Radeon HD 5700 Series" though. Is that supposed to have changed yet?

PS: Bronya kernels still not playing nice for me again... :( Gotta figure out what setting I'm missing... It's like it doesn't make any difference at all when I disable Turbo CORE now. Weird.

I asked you if you knew your Framebuffer, you did not respond....so I did not go as far as naming it, I could have even named it 'AMD Radeon HD David' if you wanted...lol

Lemme show you how my bios is...

I asked you if you knew your Framebuffer, you did not respond....so I did not go as far as naming it, I could have even named it 'AMD Radeon HD David' if you wanted...lol

Lemme show you how my bios is...

Haha sorry didn't see that. Framebuffer is Vervet for the 5750. Thanks again for all your help man, this is great :)

The last couple years of Hackintoshing, since 10.5 Leopard, and I've never actually had any direct help. All you guys are awesome!!!

• Like 1

Haha sorry didn't see that. Framebuffer is Vervet for the 5750. Thanks again for all your help man, this is great :)

The last couple years of Hackintoshing, since 10.5 Leopard, and I've never actually had any direct help. All you guys are awesome!!!

Here you go bro... and no problem, happy to help

I overclocked mine, audio is still working properly but the OS slowed my RAM down, my bus ratio has been detected correctly from the normal clock which was 14 to 17...

lemme get those images to you of my bios settings

dsdt.aml5750.zip

dsdt.amlhddavid.zip

post-1122366-0-72747100-1365740215_thumb.png

post-1122366-0-30528200-1365740785_thumb.jpg

post-1122366-0-01668300-1365740983_thumb.jpg

post-1122366-0-85945200-1365741150_thumb.jpg

post-1122366-0-46908400-1365741213_thumb.jpg

@clemj06:

Ok buddy.... What are the chances I could get you to help me enable my onboard audio? The only device that's showing up is the HDMI now, and my Tascam, but that's actually giving me problems all of it's own now and I'd like to just use my onboard. Can that be accomplished with DSDT patching? Is it anything I could do myself? Or that you could help me out with? Thanks in advance.

@clemj06:

Ok buddy.... What are the chances I could get you to help me enable my onboard audio? The only device that's showing up is the HDMI now, and my Tascam, but that's actually giving me problems all of it's own now and I'd like to just use my onboard. Can that be accomplished with DSDT patching? Is it anything I could do myself? Or that you could help me out with? Thanks in advance.

Sorry bro,i cannot help you there, I tried it before using dsdt but it is confusing... Will test it in about a week when I get some time as I have a couple of assignments to do...college life...lol

i did this guide : http://olarila.com/f....php?f=18&t=736

i booted with npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No busratio=16 mach_kernel arch=x86_64 -x -f -v

but i'm still getting the same error :( !!!

IMG_01801_zps87c29338.jpg

IMG_01811_zps09ac1c1b.jpg

I will try help you in a couple of hours...

Hello to all the experts!

My name is Ananth and I am from India. From April 1 I have been trying to get Mountain Lion 10.8.2 installed onto my desktop whose specs are as below:

Operating System : Linux (Fuduntu)
Motherboard is M4A785TD-V EVO
CPU INFORMATION : AMD Phenom™ II X4 B50 Processor (Number of CPUs: 4), (CPU clock currently at 3515.800 MHz with 512 KB cache)
STORAGE INFORMATION : SCSI device - scsi0
GRAPHIC CARD : Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] [Radeon HD 6670]

Initially my foray (which started during last week of March) into os x started with a very successful installation of 10.6.8 onto my virtual box, that went well and I had no issues. Problems started when I wanted to get 10.8.2 onto my virtual box - I tried using the iatkos ML2 image for this but I had no success. The installation on vb would start and then proceed to hang after 20 minutes. That is when I decided to seek the help of some experts here and I got in touch with spakk - an expert here who has held my hand during the last 10 days trying to guide me towards daylight :)

After a lot of wasted hours trying to get it working on VB I finally decided to install it in a partition on my HDD. Reading someplace that the iatkos image may have problems the below steps explain what I did:

1. Using an InstallESD.dmg image and myHack I tried to create a bootable USB following their guide. After a couple of USB sticks I managed to get this going.

2. The first thing I ended up when I tried to install using the usb was the infamous boot0 error. Spakk helped me out here asking me to install the latest chameleon bootloader - I installed the latest (I think 2.1) onto my USB and the boot0 went away - first small victory :)

3. The next problem was the "RTC: Only Single RAM Bank" - I got this going by using busratio=16 - second minor victory :)

4. Next I ended up with it stopping at AppleUSBOHCI CheckSleepCapability which I resolved by putting in a USBBusFix=Yes.- third morale boosting high :)

5. I had a modified RealTek kext which was then throwing errors, once again this was overcome by using lnx2mac's realtekrtl181xx pkg file - fourth small battle won :)

6. In preparation for a successful install I did a gparted partition using my linux system to get a hfs+ partition going but all hopes were dashed when the wonderful 'still waitin for root device' problem showed up:

a)The first thing spakk asked me try out here was to disable firewire in bios but did not help

B)
Next was to put in the libcrypto.dlyb into /usr/lib and a couple of kexts - AHCIPortInjector and AppleNForceATA (both thanks to spakk again!) - this again yielded no success

c) The final option that spakk said was to get my dsdt going. I had already prepared this and following spakk's instruction I installed on it the 4 patches - EHCI, Shutdown, SMBUS and rtc.

d) I also copied the entire Extensions folder that spakk had so kindly provided me

e) Finally made the changes to my chameleon.boot.plist and cleaned up some kexts from /Extra/Extensions and

LO Behold! Root device was conquered -
fifth major conquest
:)

7. Next came a fakesmc issue but this I got over my running myFix (myHack's utility) to rebuild caches etc - easy - sixth minuscule win :)

8. AND NOW I AM STUCK with "usbmsc identifier (non unique)" - this is where I am at (the attached image details this). No matter what I tried to do or spakk suggested (which was to use his boot file) I was unable to over come this and that is when spakk said it is time to post a question out here for more experts to see

Please bear in mind that I have still not installed anything - all of this is when I stick in the USB for the very first time in order to install.......

So here I am (apologies for this long post) seeking your help.

The boot flags I use via my chameleon boot plist are:

DSDT = \Extra\dsdt.aml

Graphics Mode = 1024x768x32

GraphicsEnabler = No

Kernel = amd_kernel

Kernel Flags = -v -f npci=0x3000 debug=8

PCIRootUID = 0

Timeout = 5

USBBusFix = Yes

busratio = 16

That my rather long story (2 weeks old!). So I would request all your help in resolving this, fingers crossed :). I admit, I am rather desperate :(

Peace

PS :

1. A special shout out to spakk - he has been wonderfully patient and has held my hands for the past 2 weeks - he is probably the sole reason I am at this juncture given that I was a struggling beginner 2 weeks back (still am I guess but marginally better, at least the terms do not scare me anymore!)

2. Admins / Mods - I am hoping that given that this is an AMD machine and I am using the amd_kernel this post is suitably located, else please accept my apologies, this is a cry of desperation :(

I will also try help you in a couple of hours as I am in class right now...

Hi! name is Adrian. I was told I can get help here. I am trying to install via USB OS X. I have iAtkos ML and Chameleon bootloader. I was told the bootloader didn't/couldn't find the extension for it. This link shows a snapshot of verbose command. --> https://twitter.com/aydreeuhn/status/321473367830065152/photo/1 <--

Processor I have is: AMD 2 X4 640 Quad-core

Chipset is: AMD 785G

Can anyone help me out?

Check my next post, it should clarify the USB install

@cannon_dt, sabag123 & aydreeuhn

I am back home now, so I can help now...

Note: Firsly, this requires a lot of patience and effort, to get your system up and running, persistence by trial and error is essential, do not give up.

I will be constantly editing this post to help all of you...

Bios settings:

Check the images from here

1. Resetting the bios settings to optimised defaults

2. Disable Cool n Quiet, C1E, Turbo

3. Enable S3 ACPI, AHCI

Required Files:

Chameleon 2.1 2069 from http://www.osx86.net....8_updated.html

amd_kernel from http://www.osx86.net...ion_10.8.2.html

USB installer using iAtkos L2 or ML2:

Open disk utilities

In the 'Partition' tab, select '1 Partition' (as image 1 below)

Click options and select 'Master Boot Record' and click OK (image 2)

The volume format should be Mac OS Extended (journaled)

Click 'Apply'

Click 'Partition'

Click 'Restore' tab

Mount and drag your L2 or ML2 to the area designated for the source image

Drag 'Untitled 1' from the list of drives on the left to the destination text area

Click 'Restore' button

Wait for it to Restore (image 3)

Copy amd_kernel to the root of the usb installer

Run Chameleon installer

Continue until, click Change install location and select your usb installer (image 4)

Click continue, then click Customize

only select Chameleon Bootloader and Standard Theme (image 5)

Click Install

Edit: Delete folders /Extra/Keymaps and /Extra/modules

Edit: Note: If you have an AMD Radeon HD 6xxx graphics card

Go into /System/Library/Extensions, backup and delete ati6000 or all ati kexts.

Installing:

Reboot system

Select the usb as the boot device

When Chameleon comes up use the bootflags: amd_kernel arch=x86_64 npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 -v

After continuing and agreeing the terms, before installing, Click utilities, then click disk utility

Format the partition you want to install OS X to, use Mac OS Extended (journaled)

Close

Click 'Customize'

Select the options shown in image 6

Then select the partition you want to install to

Click install

Now we need to copy the amd_kernel from the usb to the root of the just installed OS X...Pay close attention

Boot into the installer again using the same bootflags as before

Click utilities

Click terminal

In the terminal type diskutil list (image 7)

Take note of the installer usb name, in my case 'iATKOS ML2' and the installed OS partition, in my case 'MAC OS X ML DP1'.

cd to the iATKOS ML2 installer by typing:

cd /Volumes/'iATKOS ML2' or cd /Volumes/'the name of your installer drive' (image 7)

copy amd_kernel to your installed OS X partition by typing:

cp -r amd_kernel /Volumes/'MAC OS X ML DP1' or cp -r amd_kernel /Volumes/'the name of your drive' (image 7)

Reboot

Boot the usb installer, by chameleon, select the partition you installed OS X on and use flags:

amd_kernel arch=x86_64 npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 -v

post-1122366-0-83423900-1365774927_thumb.png

post-1122366-0-31095600-1365774940_thumb.png

post-1122366-0-29005600-1365775495_thumb.png

post-1122366-0-34886300-1365778930_thumb.png

post-1122366-0-15399900-1365779258_thumb.png

post-1122366-0-41368200-1365781037_thumb.png

post-1122366-0-72142400-1365784708_thumb.png

post-1122366-0-95335800-1365785823_thumb.jpg

Edited by clemj06

@clemj06

Thanks for the response. My BIOS is set up fine and I have also made my USB install which works.

I am stuck at "usbmsc identifier (non unique)" which I have detailed in my post with photo.

BTW, I am using InstallESD.dmg image directly and used myHack to make my USB - my post has all the steps that I have done in detail and where I am stuck at.

Peace

@clemj06

Thanks for the response. My BIOS is set up fine and I have also made my USB install which works.

I am stuck at "usbmsc identifier (non unique)" which I have detailed in my post with photo.

BTW, I am using InstallESD.dmg image directly and used myHack to make my USB - my post has all the steps that I have done in detail and where I am stuck at.

Peace

Your steps have errors, you do not have an nvidia chipset, why have the AppleNForceATA kext? You do not need libcrypto.dlyb if using andy's amd_kernel....

You are trying to install ML2 right?

I could give you the instructions using the InstallESD.dmg way...

Edited by clemj06

@clemjo6

I started with that ML2 iatkos image but I gave that up. My bootable USB is now based on InstallESD.dmg way.

Also the amd_kernel I am using is from here : http://www.osx86.net...ion_10.8.2.html

I am not familiar with what kexts I do not need, I used the entire extensions folder that a member her, spakk gave me. He also asked me to use the libcrypto.dlyb file (i believe that this is required for boot) - I will gladly follow your instructions.

In fact I have a very useful program installed on my linux distro that can directly manipulate my hfs partitioned usb - so fire away and I can make the necessary changes :)

Thanks

@clemjo6

I started with that ML2 iatkos image but I gave that up. My bootable USB is now based on InstallESD.dmg way.

Also the amd_kernel I am using is from here : http://www.osx86.net...ion_10.8.2.html

I am not familiar with what kexts I do not need, I used the entire extensions folder that a member her, spakk gave me. He also asked me to use the libcrypto.dlyb file (i believe that this is required for boot) - I will gladly follow your instructions.

In fact I have a very useful program installed on my linux distro that can directly manipulate my hfs partitioned usb - so fire away and I can make the necessary changes :)

Thanks

Your kernel is correct...libcrypto.dlyb you do not really have to change but you can if you want to....

So I assume you know how to make the bootable installer, as in restore basesystem.dmg to usb then copy the packages folder from the installESD.dmg to the restored usb's /System/Installation/ folder deleting the packages link found in that folder.

Edit: replacing OSInstall and OSInstall.mpkg then installing chameleon, amd_kernel and the kexts...

Is that the method you used?

Edited by clemj06

@clemj06

I followed the myHack method (http://myhack.sojugarden.com/guide/)

1. Partitioned my USB using disk utility

2. Ran myHack and pointed it to the InstallESD.dmg

3. Once it finished I ran the latest chameleon bootloader (http://chameleon.osx86.hu/articles/chameleon-21-latest-version-download-links-updated)

Please let me know if you see any issues here (I ran the latest chameleon bootloader on top of myHack and that resolved the boot0 error)

@clemj06

I followed the myHack method (http://myhack.sojugarden.com/guide/)

1. Partitioned my USB using disk utility

2. Ran myHack and pointed it to the InstallESD.dmg

3. Once it finished I ran the latest chameleon bootloader (http://chameleon.osx...d-links-updated)

Please let me know if you see any issues here (I ran the latest chameleon bootloader on top of myHack and that resolved the boot0 error)

That seems perfect, although I have never used the myhack way, you said you did not reach the installer right? Do you have an /Extra/Extensions folder on your USB?

Put these kexts into the folder

go into /System/Library/Extensions, backup and remove ati6000.kext or all ati kexts...

try booting with flags: amd_kernel -nossse3bit npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 -v

kexts.zip

Edited by clemj06

Done, should I try to install now?

Out of curiosity - the thing I am getting stuck with, "usbmsc identifier (non unique)" - that could be caused due to anything? Or is there some specific cause - I am asking this because you are asking me to remove the ATI kexts (I modified the ATI6xxxx kext with my product id and vendor ID) - so I am asking just to learn in the process :)

Peace

Yeah, try to install now...the reason I asked you to remove the ati6xxx is because for some people their systems may hang because they have a 6xxx amd card, it has happened to me before whilst trying to install an OS, so I have always found it easier to delete it and put it back after the install is done...

amd_kernel -nossse3bit npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 -v

Sorry to bug you but do I have to add the -nossse3bit - do I need any file to be present for it?

Also npci=0x3000 is in my chameleon boot plist - so any flag I give at boot time at terminal would override what is in the boot plist right?

Just to add again, this is my chameleon boot plist

<key>DSDT</key>
<string>\Extra\dsdt.aml</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1024x768x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>amd_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v -f npci=0x3000 debug=8</string>
<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>0</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>
<key>USBBusFix</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>busratio</key>
<string>16</string>

<p>Remove the npci flag from your chameleon boot plist for now, let us try get you into the installer...once we establish the bootflags that work on your system then we can add them to your chameleon.boot.plist

<br />

sorry, my mistake:<br />

<br />

<span style="font-size: 12px;">amd_kernel arch=x86_64 npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 -v </span></p>

<ul class="bbc"></ul>

Sorry to bug you but do I have to add the -nossse3bit - do I need any file to be present for it?

Also npci=0x3000 is in my chameleon boot plist - so any flag I give at boot time at terminal would override what is in the boot plist right?

Just to add again, this is my chameleon boot plist

<key>DSDT</key>
<string>\Extra\dsdt.aml</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1024x768x32</string>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v -f npci=0x3000 debug=8</string>
<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>0</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>
<key>USBBusFix</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>busratio</key>
<string>16</string>

<string>No</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string></string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>5</string>

it should look something like that...actually, backup and delete the file

Try run it first with the flags I told you, I am using a Phenom processor as well and I did not use any of those flags, busratio seems to not work with amd_kernel

I am back clemj06 :)

This is what I tried:

1. amd_kernel arch=x86_64 GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 -v (Ended up with NPCI0x3000.jpg)

2. amd_kernel arch=x86_64 GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000 -v (Ended up with NPCI0x2000.jpg)

So I am not sure which npci I should go with.... And if I go with 0x2000 should I get in USBBusFix=Yes now..

Over to you sir :)

Peace

post-1149290-0-34302600-1365784559_thumb.jpg

post-1149290-0-34040900-1365784580_thumb.jpg