HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

I understand, and I have asked for help in the Help Topic. This seems to be related to the specific kernel that I use so I thought I'd ask here. Since posting this message, I've now made a little progress, but I'm still not 100%. Let me explain. If I need to move to the other topic again I will.

So in using any of the Bronzovka kernels (RC8-RC12), I have the same issue with not being able to set busratio properly. Now, when I use Shane's kernel, I'm able to set busratio thru Chameleon, and have no audio sync issues! I'm almost tempted to be satisfied with this, however this brings me to my next issue:

When using the Shane kernel, I get the red-pixel error in Cinebench and any games I try to play suffer serious rendering issues, mostly just black screens with a few graphic artifacts. However, under the Bronya kernel, Cinebench works fine and 3D games render without issue. So I'm basically caught between graphic issues with perfect sound/video, and perfect graphics with audio/video sync issues!

My main question is this: Why am I able to set the busratio with the Shane kernel but not with the Bronya kernels? Is there something I'm missing...?!?!

I tried the VoodooTSCSync for AMD's, it didn't help. If you're having the same issue as me, it won't do you any good.

What additional kexts are you using for Lion? Do you have any kexts in /E/E?

And what version of chameleon?

Edited by clemj06

Hey guys, I'm posting this in the "HELP TOPIC" for development only and not help :) because if anybody would know the answer, it you guys! Not AMD question, but still 32bit in ML question. On my MacBook 2,1 with 32bit EFI and GMA950, I got 10.8.3 running with DP1 kernel and extensions, all working great, QE/CI, with files from here. There were a few issues, all of which I was able to sort out by thinking like a Hackintosher, and provide feedback to help others too. No patched kernel and all kext are native from one version of OSX or another (mostly DP1 and some 10.7.5). One issue remains: AFP, SMB, SSH connections initiated from my MacBook fail, seems like maybe authentication issue. Bonjour works, AFP shares can be seen after replacing contents of /System/Library/Filesystems/Appleshare/ with 32bit 10.7.5 version (DP1 was 64bit). File sharing works fine from other computer too MacBook, VNC and iTunes home share work both ways. Mainly just need AFP although SSH would be a plus. There were a few other fs kexts in S/L/E that were also 64bit in DP1, replacing with 32bit didn't help with those. Have confirmed entire extensions folder(except all plugins) is now 32bit using a bit of Terminal Foo:

lipo -info /System/Library/Extensions/*.kext/Contents/MacOS/*

So any ideas?

What additional kexts are you using for Lion? Do you have any kexts in /E/E?

And what version of chameleon?

Chimera 1.11.1 was installed by ##### and I downgraded to Chameleon 2.1 r2069 after reading a post saying that might fix the red pixel problem. Any insight would be much appreciated. I have to believe it's a busratio problem since using the itzshane kernel with the busratio=15 flag solves all of my issues. I just need to figure out how to enable the busratio flag using the Bronya kernels.

86618942.png

***EDIT***

Ok, so...

Using the Shane kernel (-nossse3bit) gets me this reading:

legacykernel.png

...and using the Bronya kernels (arch=i386, arch=x86_64), I get this reading:

amdkernel.png

Now... correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it saying the busratio is 17 using the Bronzovka kernels? The only relevant numbers I can make out are the TSC freq, which is incorrect, and the "gran", which I assume is the busratio. Using the Shane kernel, however, everything is as it should be.

Hey guys, I'm posting this in the "HELP TOPIC" for development only and not help :) because if anybody would know the answer, it you guys! Not AMD question, but still 32bit in ML question. On my MacBook 2,1 with 32bit EFI and GMA950, I got 10.8.3 running with DP1 kernel and extensions, all working great, QE/CI, with files from here. There were a few issues, all of which I was able to sort out by thinking like a Hackintosher, and provide feedback to help others too. No patched kernel and all kext are native from one version of OSX or another (mostly DP1 and some 10.7.5). One issue remains: AFP, SMB, SSH connections initiated from my MacBook fail, seems like maybe authentication issue. Bonjour works, AFP shares can be seen after replacing contents of /System/Library/Filesystems/Appleshare/ with 32bit 10.7.5 version (DP1 was 64bit). File sharing works fine from other computer too MacBook, VNC and iTunes home share work both ways. Mainly just need AFP although SSH would be a plus. There were a few other fs kexts in S/L/E that were also 64bit in DP1, replacing with 32bit didn't help with those. Have confirmed entire extensions folder(except all plugins) is now 32bit using a bit of Terminal Foo:

lipo -info /System/Library/Extensions/*.kext/Contents/MacOS/*

So any ideas?

Hi, eep!

Any strange Console logs when you try to initiate the connection?

All the best!

¿anyone have restarting working whit Bronzovka 10.7.5 kernel?

In Mountain Lion it was working fine whit Andy kernel.

Use EvoReboot.kext. Good luck!

Tested that theory, and its a no-go for me. Even under stock clock speeds, my bus ratio is still detected as 17, throwing everything off.

Is it possible for you to take a picture of your bios? I wanna look at your current processor settings

• Like 2

Is it possible for you to take a picture of your bios? I wanna look at your current processor settings

You're a mad scientist man... I actually found the Turbo setting and disabled it, and the RC12 kernel is now working correctly!!! A million thank yous!!!

• Like 1

You're a mad scientist man... I actually found the Turbo setting and disabled it, and the RC12 kernel is now working correctly!!! A million thank yous!!!

You are welcome bro, do not forget to like if it was informative :angel_not:

@

ADHDMedia, do you have an hdmi connection that requires hdmi audio?

• Like 2

I have an HDMI port that I'd like to use for audio, but right now I'm using my Tascam USB audio device. When running 32 bit, I can't get the VoodooHDA to load that enables my on board audio either. I need to find a new VoodooHDA :)

Do you know how I would go about enabling my HDMI audio?

PS: Do you notice your CPU running cooler and quieter with that setting disabled??

Lemme see if I can help, I am not sure about the Radeon HD 5750 as I use 6870 but send me your dsdt...

send me a screenshot of System Info, if you do not have it download it from Here and send me a screenshot similar to this, making sure I see your HDMI audio device...

Edit: As you can see in my second screenshot my hdmi audio port has been loaded and uses unmodified applehda.kext... I use dsdt

It does run quieter, I think I am kinda delusional because I feel like the PC is running smoother, I could almost swear it is running faster...lol...

post-1122366-0-69839400-1365707223_thumb.png

post-1122366-0-40846400-1365707412_thumb.png

post-1122366-0-49960300-1365707850_thumb.png

Edited by clemj06

Lemme see if I can help, I am not sure about the Radeon HD 5750 as I use 6870 but send me your dsdt...

send me a screenshot of System Info, if you do not have it download it from Here and send me a screenshot similar to this, making sure I see your HDMI audio device...

Edit: As you can see in my second screenshot my hdmi audio port has been loaded and uses unmodified applehda.kext... I use dsdt

It does run quieter, I think I am kinda delusional because I feel like the PC is running smoother, I could almost swear it is running faster...lol...

Not using a DSDT at the moment. I'm going to extract and compile one. Give me a few minutes.

Ok. Here ya go.

DSDT compiled with 0 errors. Attached it at the bottom.

aboutl.png

systeminfof.png

kexts.png

DSDT.aml.zip

Hello to all the experts!

My name is Ananth and I am from India. From April 1 I have been trying to get Mountain Lion 10.8.2 installed onto my desktop whose specs are as below:

Operating System : Linux (Fuduntu)
Motherboard is M4A785TD-V EVO
CPU INFORMATION : AMD Phenom™ II X4 B50 Processor (Number of CPUs: 4), (CPU clock currently at 3515.800 MHz with 512 KB cache)
STORAGE INFORMATION : SCSI device - scsi0
GRAPHIC CARD : Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] [Radeon HD 6670]

Initially my foray (which started during last week of March) into os x started with a very successful installation of 10.6.8 onto my virtual box, that went well and I had no issues. Problems started when I wanted to get 10.8.2 onto my virtual box - I tried using the iatkos ML2 image for this but I had no success. The installation on vb would start and then proceed to hang after 20 minutes. That is when I decided to seek the help of some experts here and I got in touch with spakk - an expert here who has held my hand during the last 10 days trying to guide me towards daylight :)

After a lot of wasted hours trying to get it working on VB I finally decided to install it in a partition on my HDD. Reading someplace that the iatkos image may have problems the below steps explain what I did:

1. Using an InstallESD.dmg image and myHack I tried to create a bootable USB following their guide. After a couple of USB sticks I managed to get this going.

2. The first thing I ended up when I tried to install using the usb was the infamous boot0 error. Spakk helped me out here asking me to install the latest chameleon bootloader - I installed the latest (I think 2.1) onto my USB and the boot0 went away - first small victory :)

3. The next problem was the "RTC: Only Single RAM Bank" - I got this going by using busratio=16 - second minor victory :)

4. Next I ended up with it stopping at AppleUSBOHCI CheckSleepCapability which I resolved by putting in a USBBusFix=Yes.- third morale boosting high :)

5. I had a modified RealTek kext which was then throwing errors, once again this was overcome by using lnx2mac's realtekrtl181xx pkg file - fourth small battle won :)

6. In preparation for a successful install I did a gparted partition using my linux system to get a hfs+ partition going but all hopes were dashed when the wonderful 'still waitin for root device' problem showed up:

a)The first thing spakk asked me try out here was to disable firewire in bios but did not help

B)
Next was to put in the libcrypto.dlyb into /usr/lib and a couple of kexts - AHCIPortInjector and AppleNForceATA (both thanks to spakk again!) - this again yielded no success

c) The final option that spakk said was to get my dsdt going. I had already prepared this and following spakk's instruction I installed on it the 4 patches - EHCI, Shutdown, SMBUS and rtc.

d) I also copied the entire Extensions folder that spakk had so kindly provided me

e) Finally made the changes to my chameleon.boot.plist and cleaned up some kexts from /Extra/Extensions and

LO Behold! Root device was conquered -
fifth major conquest
:)

7. Next came a fakesmc issue but this I got over my running myFix (myHack's utility) to rebuild caches etc - easy - sixth minuscule win :)

8. AND NOW I AM STUCK with "usbmsc identifier (non unique)" - this is where I am at (the attached image details this). No matter what I tried to do or spakk suggested (which was to use his boot file) I was unable to over come this and that is when spakk said it is time to post a question out here for more experts to see

Please bear in mind that I have still not installed anything - all of this is when I stick in the USB for the very first time in order to install.......

So here I am (apologies for this long post) seeking your help.

The boot flags I use via my chameleon boot plist are:

DSDT = \Extra\dsdt.aml

Graphics Mode = 1024x768x32

GraphicsEnabler = No

Kernel = amd_kernel

Kernel Flags = -v -f npci=0x3000 debug=8

PCIRootUID = 0

Timeout = 5

USBBusFix = Yes

busratio = 16

That my rather long story (2 weeks old!). So I would request all your help in resolving this, fingers crossed :). I admit, I am rather desperate :(

Peace

PS :

1. A special shout out to spakk - he has been wonderfully patient and has held my hands for the past 2 weeks - he is probably the sole reason I am at this juncture given that I was a struggling beginner 2 weeks back (still am I guess but marginally better, at least the terms do not scare me anymore!)

2. Admins / Mods - I am hoping that given that this is an AMD machine and I am using the amd_kernel this post is suitably located, else please accept my apologies, this is a cry of desperation :(

post-1149290-0-78955200-1365711505_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Something happened when waking up from sleep, and I had to hard reset. This for whatever reason caused my BIOS settings to reset.

After reenabling all my BIOS settings, including disabling the AMD Turbo, the RC8-RC12 kernels are again not reading my busratio. I'm beginning to believe I must just be stupid :|

• Like 1

Something happened when waking up from sleep, and I had to hard reset. This for whatever reason caused my BIOS settings to reset.

After reenabling all my BIOS settings, including disabling the AMD Turbo, the RC8-RC12 kernels are again not reading my busratio. I'm beginning to believe I must just be stupid strong>ression.gif

Were you able to get your system back up, sorry I fell asleep...

I think I can help you with your hdmi audio because of the device id aa58...it is compatible with applehda.kext unmodified...will get back to you within 30mins with your dsdt, lemme work on it

Edit: I will sort out the generic graphics card name, from 5700 to 5750

Edited by clemj06

Hi! name is Adrian. I was told I can get help here. I am trying to install via USB OS X. I have iAtkos ML and Chameleon bootloader. I was told the bootloader didn't/couldn't find the extension for it. This link shows a snapshot of verbose command. --> https://twitter.com/aydreeuhn/status/321473367830065152/photo/1 <--

Processor I have is: AMD 2 X4 640 Quad-core

Chipset is: AMD 785G

Can anyone help me out?

• Like 1

Were you able to get your system back up, sorry I fell asleep...

I think I can help you with your hdmi audio because of the device id aa58...it is compatible with applehda.kext unmodified...will get back to you within 30mins with your dsdt, lemme work on it

Edit: I will sort out the generic graphics card name, from 5700 to 5750

That would be awesome man. Will this enable on board audio in 32 bit? And yes, the system is still perfectly bootable, I'm just having the busratio issue again under the RC8-RC12 kernels. Can't get it sorted out with BIOS, it's like the OS is ignoring the settings now. And on a side note, I also can't shut down/reboot now under RC8-RC12, even with EvoReboot.kext. Very strange...

Try:

1. Resetting the bios settings to optimum defaults

2. Disable Cool n Quiet, C1E, Turbo

3. Enable S3 ACPI, AHCI

I need one more thing, in the app I have just attached, search for display and click the option highlighted in the screenshot...I need to see the address of your graphics card... Instead of PEGP@2, it will probably start with POP or PCE. Send me a screenshot of that please

post-1122366-0-18316600-1365732441_thumb.png

IORegistryExplorer-1.zip

Edited by clemj06
  • Like 1

When you searched for display that is the address that came through? Sounds right... gimme 5 mins

Do you know your frame buffer?

Edit: Got one I want you to test.. Just put it in /Extra/ and you should be set, I hope you are not using voodoohda, applehdadisabler or modified or deleted applehda,,,

No, downloaded it from your link :)

So... PCE2@20000... does that sound about right?

waiting for you to test it

dsdt.aml.zip

Edited by clemj06