HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

My System specs:

AMD Athlon II X 4 620

Gigabyte MA770T-UD3P motherboard

4 Gigs of Ram

Radeon HD6870

I created the installer whit Myhack, renamed the amd_kernel to mach_kernel and copied it to the usb dribe replacing the old one.

And booted to the instalation whit:

arch=x86_64 npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No

what kernel did you use?

i know there is no support for 6950 but those erros not related to my card

if you are using a Radeon 6950 , you have to delete the ATI6000Controller kext from the USB Drive.

you did it and it worked?

i saw a tutorial in netaks that i can get 6950 working with Acceleration i just need another card / on board card

you did it and it worked?

i saw a tutorial in netaks that i can get 6950 working with Acceleration i just need another card / on board card

i have a 6870, i deleted that kext to boot up the installer, after installation i installed that kext whit kext utility, changed some things in the chameleon boot.plist and is working whit qe/ci but whit graphics artifacts due to the amd kernel.

Try to boot whit this kernel flags:

If that dont work, check the BIOS settings.

Your motherboard and processor are similar to mine

"Hysterical laugh" :thumbsup_anim: So after 14 days of trying random things i was about to give up even got the 5450 and it seemed to fail but then i was about to go play xbox via hdmi and i had a thought lets just try using the hdmi and hook it up to tv instead of VGA -monitor see what happens and it booted so so happy, thanks connactic you were right maybe you use dvi but i used vga didnt like it but solved finnally thanks for your assistance.

Just need to get a flash hdmi monitor now and its complete

Congrats, man! Really happy for you!

Would be so kind and post your specs here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285110-amd-working-builds/ and your graphics card here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287016-working-ati-cards-with-amd-and-mountain-lionlion-64-bit/ so your achievement can also help others?

All the best!

i have a 6870, i deleted that kext to boot up the installer, after installation i installed that kext whit kext utility, changed some things in the chameleon boot.plist and is working whit qe/ci but whit graphics artifacts due to the amd kernel.

Try to boot whit this kernel flags:

If that dont work, check the BIOS settings.

Your motherboard and processor are similar to mine

i've deleted those kexts

every bootflag i'm trying to do i'm getting black screen

Do you use it to boot because it has errors?

Hey, can you please extract your DSDT again and send me an unedited dsl file

Edited by clemj06

I've solved the problem with bootloader (boot0: done ZZZZZZZ[...]); it's the 7870, i must use the integrated GPU.

So i test 4 different kernel. For convenience I have renamed it but i forgot the original name xD, but with all kernel my pc reboot after loading files, except one that stuck with a black screen after loading files (most likely is AnV's amd_kernel or Sinetek test 1)

EDIT: The flag that i use is: -v -f arch=x86_64 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=no

I just draw it!

https://www.dropbox....rkms69/dsdt.aml

and AIDA64

https://www.dropbox....j/acpi_dsdt.bin

Many, many thanks!

Try this, it should work perfectly in SL...You need the original applehda.kext that came in whatever OS X you are using

I have problems with kernels in Lion and ML when it comes to HDMI audio but SL is flawless.

ML DP1 sinedp1 works perfect as well but using busratio and fsb flags on boot but amd_kernel and bron_ML_dp1_rc1 do not seem to work properly, it is not the dsdt but the AMD kernels

dsdt.aml.zip

• Like 1

Hi all, i just wanted to know if i can use a DVD burned with "install.esd" to boot on mountain lion (don't know if you get me :) )

I use a boot cd found on OsX86.net and the Install.esd is from 10.8.3 (my cpu is a Phenom II 965)

Thanks (and sorry for my bad english)

Edit: Forget about it as i've just bought an USB Stick :)

Try this, it should work perfectly in SL...You need the original applehda.kext that came in whatever OS X you are using

I have problems with kernels in Lion and ML when it comes to HDMI audio but SL is flawless.

ML DP1 sinedp1 works perfect as well but using busratio and fsb flags on boot but amd_kernel and bron_ML_dp1_rc1 do not seem to work properly, it is not the dsdt but the AMD kernels

Thanks again, my friend, for your time in helping me lost!

thank you

I ´ve created the installer but îm stuck at grey screen without an Apple when i should be brought to install GUI

I used "amd_kernel" "npci=0x3000" -v -f

Friend, what is the model of your card?

If HD 6870, it is the problem.

There are two ways to correct you ...

1 - Removing the USB installer ATI6000controller.kext

or

2 - include the boot flags

aticonfig = duckweed or GraphicsEnabler = No

aticonfig = duckweed GraphicsEnabler = Yes

Thanks again, my friend, for your time in helping me lost!

thank you

Did it work?

You are welcome bro

•  

Edited by clemj06