SL ML AMD APU FX Bulldozer

• Please log in to reply
2846 replies to this topic

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 3,071 posts
If you use two separate hard drives, you do have the possibility to use AHCI for OSX and IDE for Windows 8. But everytime you want to change OSX, you'll have to access BIOS first to set the appropriate mode for the intended boot OS. Isn't it better simply reinstalling Windows 8 in AHCI SATA mode? It's very hard a work to run later iterations of OSX on IDE mode.

There's also the problem of the 7xxx card: with any other system than 10.8.3, it won;t work, period.

Solve this two issues, and you'll be on the way to run OSX on your machine.

mac_carol

mac_carol

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

If you use two separate hard drives, you do have the possibility to use AHCI for OSX and IDE for Windows 8. But everytime you want to change OSX, you'll have to access BIOS first to set the appropriate mode for the intended boot OS. Isn't it better simply reinstalling Windows 8 in AHCI SATA mode? It's very hard a work to run later iterations of OSX on IDE mode.

yup!

you only have to run this reg file to enable the AHCI under m$-win8

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\storahci]
"ErrorControl"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\storahci\StartOverride]
"0"=dword:00000000

YaPaY

YaPaY

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:xbox one

Wait!

Your card is a 5450: That's the same card i use! I thought it was a 5470, and were complaining about it being shown as a 5000. Man, this card should just work. Even better: you should try Mountain Lion and forget about Lion, since it's being a pain in the OS (forgive-me the pun). But before you try, answer me these:

1) It's a Sapphire HD5450 Silent 1024MB? If it is, go for Mountain Lion already and be happy.

2) If it's not, which brand, model and device ID is it?

All the best!

Sapphire HD5450 Silent 1024MB

About ML, I can't handle a new adventure. At least not now.

zdia

zdia

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I am trying to install Lion 10.7.2 in a VirtualBox OSX guest on my Linux computer. The final target should be 10.7.5 with x86_64 mode

My hardware requisites:
Linux darkstar 3.2.29 x86_64
AMD Athlon™ Dual Core Processor 4850e
Gigabyte GA-MA78G-DS3H board
VirtualBox 4.2.10

Guest LionOSX has the following properties:

Memory size: 2048MB
Page Fusion: off
VRAM size: 64MB
CPU exec cap: 100%
HPET: off
Chipset: piix3
Firmware: BIOS
Number of CPUs: 1
Synthetic Cpu: off
CPUID overrides: None
Boot menu mode: message and menu
Boot Device (1): DVD
Boot Device (2): HardDisk
Boot Device (3): Floppy
Boot Device (4): Not Assigned
ACPI: on
IOAPIC: off
PAE: off
Time offset: 0ms
RTC: local time
Hardw. virt.ext: on
Hardw. virt.ext exclusive: on
Nested Paging: on
Large Pages: off
VT-x VPID: on

What I have done:

created per restore a "Mac OSX Install DVD" with iAtkos L2 as source on a 16GB USB stick
replaced the original mach_kernel with http://www.osx86.net..._...html
started the Install Disk with the stick
entered -v

Got the NullCPUPowerManagement freeze despite this kext is to be found in /System/Library/Extensions and additionally in /Extra/Extensions
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement*.kext is renamed

Attached File  bronz_v4_noapic_panic.png   31.87KB   3 downloads

Then I set the checkbox for IO-APIC in VirtualBox to on.
This time I got the following kernel panic:

Attached File  bronz_v4_ioapic_enabled_panic.png   53.54KB   4 downloads

I have read that the AppleEFIRuntime.kext is not necessary so I have renamed it, tried a new boot and got the following kernel panic:

Attached File  bronz_v4_ioapic_noefi_panic.png   52.15KB   3 downloads

no kext scan ... But in /System/Library/Extensions there is no extension.mkext only in

/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup
Extensions.mkext
kernelcache

I have renamed them but nevertheless the boot failed with the kext scan error
Failure with following kernelflags, too:

usekernelcache=no
setting PAE/NX in VirtualBox

Hm, so now I am stuck ...

Any idea in which direction to investigate further?

nankura

nankura

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
I managed to fix the AHCI problem in windows 8 and now im booting fine with AHCI, i understand my graphic's card isnt 100% but id like to try.

Now im stuck at the error "still waiting for root device"

If i can just get into an installation, install it, update to 10.8.3, id have a chance at getting this going. would booting in -x help? any advice would be appreciate on things i can try here

i know i may seem a little desperate, something about mac intrigue's me, after using it on vmware ( which was a working 10.8.3 predone AMD enabled vmware image, i really wish i could turn that to an installation )

I was grabbed, i had to try and install it, the interface, the core, the programs. it just has me by the claws haha

YaPaY

YaPaY

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:xbox one

I managed to fix the AHCI problem in windows 8 and now im booting fine with AHCI, i understand my graphic's card isnt 100% but id like to try.

Now im stuck at the error "still waiting for root device"

If i can just get into an installation, install it, update to 10.8.3, id have a chance at getting this going. would booting in -x help? any advice would be appreciate on things i can try here

I'm fixing "still waiting for device" error with to plug sata cable to another port. If you have on your board different color sata ports try these.

nankura

nankura

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
ive actually bypassed the error, the boot flags im using are amd GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes cpus=1 UseKernelCache=No -v -x

Now it gets stuck at some sort of cant find a bootcache file

BomboWoL

BomboWoL

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hey Guys,
I have been begging to be able to do this for ages now, but I am new to the Hackintosh community and need some assistance. I am confused and do not know what to do at this point in time to install the OS. I would highly appreciate it if I could be presented with a basic list of instruction or something similar to install this OSX ML on my AMD machine.

Essential Specs:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1055t OC 4GHZ
GPU: Crossfire HD 6870
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89TDPRO/USB3

Regards, BomboWoL

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 3,071 posts
First of all, Crossfire won't work: you'll be able to use both your cards, but as separate cards - make sure Crossfire is disable in BIOS!

Second, i'll recommend Lion 10.7.5, since it's by far the most stable for AMD machines and, since you are new to hackintosh, let's keep things easy. Grab the latest kernel for Lion here, and rename it to amd_kernel: http://www.mediafire...lnlecqnv20yvol6

Third, follow this method strictly, just adding the custom kernel to the root of the USB installer: http://www.insanelym...-for-beginners/

Then boot from your USB stick using the flags amd_kernel arch=i386 -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No (case sensitive, type exactly as written).

When you're done with these steps, post here. :)

All the best!

BomboWoL

BomboWoL

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Once again... THANKS!
I will give it a go :D

BomboWoL

BomboWoL

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I am stuck. :( I have followed the instructions to the point where the USB drive is ready. I boot directly to it from my PC and when it reaches the boot-loader menu, MAC OSX Base System is selected and I boot with your code. It seems to be booting correctly and then it reaches the line
[ PCI configuration begin ]
and it doesn't go any further.

Any help would be great... :)
BomoWoL

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 3,071 posts
Add another flag to the ones i already listed: npci=0x2000

BomboWoL

BomboWoL

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I added your flag to the line and now it is displaying

Debugger called: <panic>
and also and error code of 0x00000002

as well as this it says

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: kernel_task

Thanks,
BomboWoL

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 3,071 posts
Lol, this is a kernel panic. I'll need you to upload a picture if it happens again.

Try to use these: and_kernel arch=i386 busratio=17 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No -v -f

P.S.: Make sure that, in your BIOS, SATA mode is set to AHCI (or RAID, if AHCI is not available) and C1E is disabled.

BomboWoL

BomboWoL

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Here is the image...
Hope it helps :)
Attached File  Photo on 29-03-13 at 2.49 PM.jpg   235KB   15 downloads

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 3,071 posts
Try deleting AppleEFIRuntime.kext. It will probably freeze on macx_swappon success, but i wan't you to try, since it might as well solve your issues.

Just as a side note, 1) Which version of FakeSMC are you using and 2) Are you using NullCPUPowerManagement? I'm asking because the guide i linked you in the first place is intended for Mountain Lion, so perhaps they provided kexts that won't work and you need proper kexts for Lion instead. Search here on Insanelymac specifically for these kexts, or as well in www.kexts.com.

All the best!

P.S.: or you can start over, using a specific Lion tutorial for AMD, but use the right kernel (the one i linked you before): http://www.insanelym...erimental-only/

BomboWoL

BomboWoL

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I am using FakeSMC_r615 SSE3 x86_64-i386
And i am using NullCPUPowerManagement

I will delete the kext you specified and I will try with a copy of Lion 10.7.5 because that could be the problem as well.

I will tell you how it goes :D

BomboWoL

BomboWoL

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Your going to want to see this, I have tried different combinations of flags and some have come with some interesting results. I am also not using any extra kernel extensions. (nullcpupowermanagement, faksmc)

amd_kernel arch=i386 busratio=17 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No -v -f // Panic.
amd_kernel arch=i386 npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No -v -x //Blank grey screen and cursor.
amd_kernel arch=i386 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No -v -x //Blank grey screen and cursor.
amd_kernel arch=i386 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v -x //Blank grey screen and cursor.
amd_kernel arch=i386 busratio=17 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No -v -x // Blank grey screen and cursor.
amd_kernel busratio=17 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No -v -x// Blank grey screen and cursor.
amd_kernel npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No -v -x// Blank grey screen and cursor.
amd_kernel npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No -v -x// Blank grey screen and cursor.

So it seems whenever I boot in safe mode, I get a black grey screen and cursor control.

BomboWoL

BomboWoL

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Ok, I have managed to get the installer working (YAY!) by deleting the ati6000controller.kext because I heard that that was what was causing my black grey screen. I can now successfully get into the installer in a matter of seconds :D but the problem is, when I ask it to install a fresh copy of Lion, it says that the installer is corrupt and cannot continue. The only thing I have installed is chameleon and the kernel into the usb root. Would that be putting it off? I don't know how to fix this?!?! GRRRR

Gameuese

Gameuese

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I tried to install Mountain Lion on my Laptop (Toshiba C660D). I boot with amd_kernel npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No. The installer says that the installer couldn't start OS X from the disk.
At the restart I boot with "Kernel Cache"\amd_kernel npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No. The Laptop reboots after some time.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SL, ML, AMD, APU, FX, Bulldozer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy