HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

but after the error it just reboots my system.

Hey sabag123,

1) Please can you add your system specs to your signature

2) What method did you use to create the bootable installer from the Mountain Lion App Store? Eg: Uni- from Tony, Just copied some kext, Used myHack. Most installers include the patched AppleRTC which will stop your CMOS from being reset. Also which kernel are you using?

If you can, try copy the Extra folder from somewhere like iATKOS_ML2, because the generic mkext from there offend works when I have a problematic boot from myHack.

1) - added

2)yes Uni. kernel - AnV 10.8.2 amd_kernel

With those specs (I may be wrong) you gonna either have to install Mountain Lion DP1 or Lion. The graphics card you currently have creates graphic corruption.

We could always use a tester for kernels but for now lets get you on level to booting first, every system is different and there are many different install methods, just got to find the one that works for your setup. You could also do a Vanilla system (Found on this link) or if you just want a booting system you could start trying a distro (eg: iATKOS, that distro with a AMD patched kernel works for me if I'm lazy and a few people that i refer to use it) then replace the kernel with the AMD kernel, reinstall chameleon bootloader (USB), and boot with "-f UseKernelCache=No" if you have a slow spinning wheel load it's a busratio issue that can be fixed by entering a busratio and fsb manually OR boot with cpus=1

So I just got my brand new Gigabyte HD 5450, patched the necessary kexts, repaired permissions and rebooted. Graphics recognized, but of course with my luck I have an even buggier GUI with more artifacts than I did with my 5750. I seriously can not win :(

hi everyone,

i'm new, and it's 2 days that i'm trying to boot in every mode mountain lion.

my pc is athlon 64 x2 5000+ , gygabyte ga-ma69vm-s2, and 3gb of ddr2 ram.

also with vmware, or virtualbox i can't run mountain lion.

now i have tried iatkos ML2, but also without results.

can someone tell me how to use this kernel form amd?

how i have to use it?

please help me, if there is a guide or something else.

thanks.

• Like 1

hi everyone,

i'm new, and it's 2 days that i'm trying to boot in every mode mountain lion.

my pc is athlon 64 x2 5000+ , gygabyte ga-ma69vm-s2, and 3gb of ddr2 ram.

also with vmware, or virtualbox i can't run mountain lion.

now i have tried iatkos ML2, but also without results.

can someone tell me how to use this kernel form amd?

how i have to use it?

please help me, if there is a guide or something else.

thanks.

Don't know if it could help you, but you can try:

1: Follow this guide on [GUIDE] Creating a **good** Mountain Lion USB;

2: Install Chameleon on the USB you have created; (Doesn't choose any customization option);

3: Download the lastest AnV amd_kernel extract its content and put the amd_kernel file on the root of the USB Stick;

4: Boot from USB;

5: On the Chameleon screen head to the Mac OS X Base System and type "amd_kernel arch=x86_64" if it hangs on [PCI Configuration Begin] repeat this step adding "npci=0x2000" to the bootflags in this case it will became "amd_kernel arch=x86_64 npci=0x2000";

6: It probably heads you to the installer so proceed with the installation as usual;

Hope it helps :)

• Like 1

I fixed this problem yesterday night and I’m writing here to help other people (maybe or not maybe)

As you know Chameleon and AppleEFIRuntime.kext doesn’t so close friends J especially with i386

As I know only the old version Cheamelon works with i386: v2069

I have a QE/CI enabled Osx installation but until today I was thinking to some behaviours of PC is a bir strange. For example I couldn’t open the DVD Player or geekbench with i386.

With x86_64 even worser, many programs didn’t work.

After that I decided update to Chemaleon to newest version and cancel completely i386 because of KP. After that at the first attempt I couldn’t boot with without Aticonfig

Without Aticonfig = Monitor out of sync

Ulemeur= It was booting, QE/CI works but geekbench and dvdplayer still didn’t work

Velvet= Everything works!!!

So I can use only x86_64 but lion works now solid rock.

To do list:

Fix Stuttering Audio

P.S. I know I should patch AppleHDA, but I tried once and I got only kernel panic. So I changed patched dsdt.aml with the original pone.

Any help about AppleHDA for Chipset ALC889 would be very nice

Many thanks especially to @Duran Keeley from insanelymacforum. Thanks your 7/24 helps

And thanks to theconnactic for valuable tipps and @mac_carol the information about chameleon bug.

P.S. Sorry for my poor English :)

Hey Yapay,

Have you been able to get your audio working and what OS X are you using?

Gigabyte Radeon HD 5450 that should be here in about a week, at which point I'm gonna have another go at ML.

Is it the silent model, device ID 0x68F91002? It's not guaranteed all 5450 models (or brands, for that matters) will perform the same with Mountain Lion. Mine is a Sapphire HD5450 silent and all multimedia tasks, like games and audio/video sync at 1080p, seem to perform well (keep in mind that's a HTPC, so i don't know how it would fare in a professional multimedia creation usage: you do it at your own risk). But even this card has some glitches, like sometimes a browser window becoming blurry until you shake it, or Launchpad sporadically behaving strangely, needing to be closed and reopened.

All the best!

P.S.: Bitcore, and now Puckmarin, report to be using a XFX HD 4890 under 10.8.3 with absolutely no glitches at all: since it's a far more powerful card than the 5450, yet older, perhaps it should be your choice based on what you want to do with your machine. But then again, i don't know if they really tested it with professional video or rendering software. Anyway, perhaps you want to contact them.

I repeat the question, since you never answered me: is it the silent model, device ID 0x68F91002? If not, can't you return it to the retailer and get the one that's proven to work reasonably fine? Or, even better, get a refurbished XFX 4890, since it way stronger and appears, as far as i know, to get along with our current kernels even better? I understand your frustration, though: the optimal solution is to have the kernel fixed

By the way, are you trying Lion or Mountain Lion? 10.7.5 (RC7-8 kernels) can run 32-bit with 64-bit userland and is way more stable (in fact, the most stable OSX iteration for AMD to date).

About the issue itself: does it occurs only with FCPX or with every multimedia pro app, watching 1080p movies etc? Perhaps we're pointing our guns to the wrong guy and the difficulties you're currently experiencing are being caused by something else, not the AMD kernel bug.

All the best!

No: you should add the device ID - 0x68F91002 if you bought the right one - to the Info.plist of two kexts, ATI5000Controler.kext and AMDRadeonAcellerator.kext (in this one under the AMDCedarRadeonAccelerator key). Then boot with all the same flags plus -f

Good luck.

"Hysterical laugh" :thumbsup_anim: So after 14 days of trying random things i was about to give up even got the 5450 and it seemed to fail but then i was about to go play xbox via hdmi and i had a thought lets just try using the hdmi and hook it up to tv instead of VGA -monitor see what happens and it booted so so happy, thanks connactic you were right maybe you use dvi but i used vga didnt like it but solved finnally thanks for your assistance.

Just need to get a flash hdmi monitor now and its complete

• Like 1

what if i will pull out my 6950 and connect another card like 5450

this guy got it work

http://www.insanelym...20#entry1882332

or i need to use ob graphic card only to make it work?

I think that card might work, if you have It already, go ahead and use it then report it as theconnactic has a topic open for cards that are working.. Yes you can still use Mountain Lion from the app store, either DO it Vanilla, myHack or Pandora. If you have graphics corruption, step down to Lion.

I repeat the question, since you never answered me: is it the silent model, device ID 0x68F91002? If not, can't you return it to the retailer and get the one that's proven to work reasonably fine? Or, even better, get a refurbished XFX 4890, since it way stronger and appears, as far as i know, to get along with our current kernels even better? I understand your frustration, though: the optimal solution is to have the kernel fixed

By the way, are you trying Lion or Mountain Lion? 10.7.5 (RC7-8 kernels) can run 32-bit with 64-bit userland and is way more stable (in fact, the most stable OSX iteration for AMD to date).

About the issue itself: does it occurs only with FCPX or with every multimedia pro app, watching 1080p movies etc? Perhaps we're pointing our guns to the wrong guy and the difficulties you're currently experiencing are being caused by something else, not the AMD kernel bug.

All the best!

Ok... so to clarify and answer some of your questions. The 5450 doesn't say anything about 'Silent' on the box or on the card itself, so I'm assuming I didn't get the correct card. I've already negotiated a return with the seller so I'm good to go ahead and purchase another one. In regard to the OSX version... The ONLY version of OSX I cannot seem to run properly is 10.7.5. Everything works (QE/CI, audio, network, sleep, all of it) except for that damn stutter and laggy video playback. It doesn't affect Silverlight or Flash playback, oddly enough, I only see a problem with Quicktime playback, in Plex Media Center, and in Final Cut Pro. It's about a second delay behind the seemingly slow-motion video playback. If I could correct this error, I would be 100% content with Lion.

As far as Mountain Lion goes, I think we are all familiar with the errors there :) That damn graphic corruption. So you're saying that if I was to purchase a 4890 somewhere, Mountain Lion would be tolerable? Are there still graphic artifacts? And another question: I've been reading here about running 10.8 in i386 mode and that eliminates graphic corruption as well? Is this only with the 4xxx and 5450 cards?

Thanks buddy. By far the most helpful thread I have ever come across.

***EDIT*** I gotta itchy trigger finger and I'm ready to buy lmao http://bit.ly/ZgwfqQ

Before buying, please talk to Bitcore and Puckmarin (PM them!) since this machine of yours is not for fun, but for serious work. ;)

The fact is, Mountain Lion is tolerable already with my HD 5450 (but then again, i don't use if for serious work, only for watching movies and playing games).

All the best!

Before buying, please talk to Bitcore and Puckmarin (PM them!) since this machine of yours is not for fun, but for serious work. ;)

The fact is, Mountain Lion is tolerable already with my HD 5450 (but then again, i don't use if for serious work, only for watching movies and playing games).

All the best!

Will do.

So under Lion... how do I know when the busratio flag is working/not working? No matter what I would enter at boot it would always perform/behave the same way. From the symptoms of my problem, that was my prime suspect, but I couldn't figure it out.

I think that card might work, if you have It already, go ahead and use it then report it as theconnactic has a topic open for cards that are working.. Yes you can still use Mountain Lion from the app store, either DO it Vanilla, myHack or Pandora. If you have graphics corruption, step down to Lion.

but when i'm trying to boot it gives me 2 errors

CheckSleepCapability

and

BootCacheControl

it's realted to graphic card?

Uni

Did you copied the amd kernel in the usb drive?

If you are using a Radeon HD6000 you have to delete the ATI6000Controller.kext from the usb drive, if not you get a white screen.

yes.

My System specs:

AMD Athlon II X 4 620

Gigabyte MA770T-UD3P motherboard

4 Gigs of Ram

Radeon HD6870

I created the installer whit Myhack, renamed the amd_kernel to mach_kernel and copied it to the usb drive replacing the old one.

And booted to the instalation whit:

arch=x86_64 npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No

• Like 1