HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

What is the easiest method the patch dsdt.aml to work 5450 without work ge no.

Everything works but second display doesn't work, detecting from os but only blank screen.

In Internet there are many tutorial but a bit complicated for me.

Any help would be appreciated

hey , i tried to install mac os x mountain lion and i can't get to installation

i used mac appstore os x mouantion lion + #####

specs:

amd phenom ii 955

hd 6950

i tried bootflags

-x

-v

-s

GraphicsEnabler=yes/no

npci=0x3000/2000

arch=x86_64

and more that i can't remember

on verbose mode i'm getting the error :pci configuration begin pfm64 (44 cpu)

ACHI enabled.

what's the problem?

and i can't unplug my graphic card because my motherboard doesn't have graphic on board

No: you should add the device ID - 0x68F91002 if you bought the right one - to the Info.plist of two kexts, ATI5000Controler.kext and AMDRadeonAcellerator.kext (in this one under the AMDCedarRadeonAccelerator key). Then boot with all the same flags plus -f

Good luck.

http://postimg.org/image/5upbojs59/

Think it was same as yours not sure if because it branded asus made any difference but just had bad luck lol, going to try a few things like deleting all graphics kexts but if not maybe return looks like amd dosent want to meet mountain lion on my PC aha.

Tried twice unfortanatly nothing but about to try again it fails - (well screen goes black but i can hear it booting) just as the extensions are loading but about to reattempt hopefully i made error but doubt and sorry forgot to tell you i ted it lol.

Very weird though that booting on the usb to install needed no flags

ok , so finally i got mountain lion 10.8.3 up and running whit full qe/ci, i have translucid bar , i can watch hd videos, can play chess etc.

all that working fine, but the problem is that i have a lot of artifcacts in all of the web browsers.

¿ is this a problem of the amd kernel or i have to edit something in the kexts?

Here's a screenshot:

http://postimg.org/image/wy4u0g0wd/

Just checked both info.plist files and they were good and very wierd even with GraphicsEnabler=No it didnt work black screen just after loading extensions so im going to try another kernel and if not retire from amd mac, thankfully have a intel laptop with everything working. so 1 pc for win 1 for mac

Sure ill crack it in end though, thanks for all your assistance, ill report back tomorow how i got it to work if i manage

i tried to boot with npci=0x2000 before and it resets my bios

it can happen again?

Do you mean it reset your BIOS settings? If you still get the same error make the installer using myHack or the Pandora app made by the staff here and place the kernel on your USB drive.

Do you mean it reset your BIOS settings? If you still get the same error make the installer using myHack or the Pandora app made by the staff here and place the kernel on your USB drive.

i mean when i'm booting with npci=0x2000 it resets my CMOS

i want to know if it will resets with npci=0x3000

i mean when i'm booting with npci=0x2000 it resets my CMOS

i want to know if it will resets with npci=0x3000

It may do yes but once you have it installed you can stop it from happening again.