HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

This is downright ridiculous. My build works 100% flawlessly on 10.6.8. I used the early AMD 10.7.3 32 bit kernels with the finder replacement and xpchelper fixes on this same machine. I've never had any issues like this before at all. There is absolutely no logical reason why my video is playing out of sync with my audio. I have tried my on board audio with VoodooHDA, and tried using my external audio device. I tried booting seven or eight different kernels, in 32 bit/64 bit user land, x86_64, with and without graphics enabler, installed different versions of Chameleon/Chimera, pretty much every thing I can think of, and I'm still having the same issue.

This is about to drive me to Intel :(

This is about to drive me to Intel :(

Perhaps it's not a bad idea, since you need to get work done and this machine is failing you for unknown reasons. Did you try asking help in the forums i recommended (10.7 post install and Hardware/Audio)? If you go intel, you can seek advice with SS01, who recently assembled a very OOB machine with a quite reasonable price tag.

Best regards!

Perhaps it's not a bad idea, since you need to get work done and this machine is failing you for unknown reasons. Did you try asking help in the forums i recommended (10.7 post install and Hardware/Audio)? If you go intel, you can seek advice with SS01, who recently assembled a very OOB machine with a quite reasonable price tag.

Best regards!

Where would I find that forum?

So i have installed mountain lion and now i have everything working just laggy videos and laggy UI actions so wondering if anyone knows solutions or has had this.

Tried on 9500GT which everyone says woks on muntain lion Graphics Enabler =Yes but lag for me an ATI intergrated and the same so must be something i done wrong anyone have any idea

Running 10.8.2 and using the kernel from the amd_kernel testing 1st post on amd athlon II x3 440

So i have installed mountain lion and now i have everything working just laggy videos and laggy UI actions so wondering if anyone knows solutions or has had this.

Tried on 9500GT which everyone says woks on muntain lion Graphics Enabler =Yes but lag for me an ATI intergrated and the same so must be something i done wrong anyone have any idea

Running 10.8.2 and using the kernel from the amd_kernel testing 1st post on amd athlon II x3 440

Which method did you use? I Have a similar processor and i cant boot into the installation partition.

• Like 1

No solution other than buying a cheap ATI 4xxx or 5450 card: nVidia and the current AMD 64-bit kernels simply don't go well together.

Best regards!

• Like 1

Haven't tried to be honest as I use USB headphones.

Do you use your HDMI to connect to your monitor/screen? And does your monitor/screen allow HDMI audio?

Hey clemj06, nope I have an old VGA monitor :(

oh, okay...thanks anyway...

For your audio ports, the ones you use for your headphones, how do you get them to work, voodoohda?

Nope :) USB Audio has it's own controller (I guess).

Nice, I do not know what to do, it works perfect in SL but not in Lion or ML, but worked perfect in ML dp1 with sinedp1 but did not with bron_dp1 kernel. I have been testing with various kernels but does not seem to work properly

Edited by clemj06

Nice, I do not know what to do, it works perfect in SL but not in Lion or ML, but worked perfect in ML dp1 with sinedp1 but did not with bron_dp1 kernel. I have been testing with various kernels but does not seem to work properly

I'm gonna take a shot here, What bootloader are you using?

Try Chameleon Boot Flags

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EnableHDMIAudio</key>
<string>Yes</string>

This depends on how you get your QE/CI though. Are you using VoodooHDA in SL or DSDT?

I'm gonna take a shot here, What bootloader are you using?

Try Chameleon Boot Flags

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EnableHDMIAudio</key>
<string>Yes</string>

This depends on how you get your QE/CI though. Are you using VoodooHDA in SL or DSDT?

I use a DSDT with unedited ati6000 and applehda kexts. I am using Chameleon 2.2 2172 and 2.1 2069...

Edited by clemj06

I use a DSDT with unedited ati6000 and applehda kexts. I am using Chameleon 2.2 2172 and 2.1 2069...

Sorry clemj06 :(

I'm out of idea's. When you go to About this Mac -> System Report -> Audio (Built In)

Does anything show up on either of the kernels? Try the help topic or ask Ramagedev, he is pretty good an DSDT and kext editing.

• Like 1

No solution other than buying a cheap ATI 4xxx or 5450 card: nVidia and the current AMD 64-bit kernels simply don't go well together.

Best regards!

Ok thanks you answered my next question to, can rest now till card comes thanks for all your input. VTX3D Radeon HD 5450 Silent (2GB DDR3) just 27 quid well happy - just ordered

why geekbench gives error unexpectedly quit both i386 and x86_64

any idea?

I fixed this problem yesterday night and I’m writing here to help other people (maybe or not maybe)

As you know Chameleon and AppleEFIRuntime.kext doesn’t so close friends J especially with i386

As I know only the old version Cheamelon works with i386: v2069

I have a QE/CI enabled Osx installation but until today I was thinking to some behaviours of PC is a bir strange. For example I couldn’t open the DVD Player or geekbench with i386.

With x86_64 even worser, many programs didn’t work.

After that I decided update to Chemaleon to newest version and cancel completely i386 because of KP. After that at the first attempt I couldn’t boot with without Aticonfig

Without Aticonfig = Monitor out of sync

Ulemeur= It was booting, QE/CI works but geekbench and dvdplayer still didn’t work

Velvet= Everything works!!!

So I can use only x86_64 but lion works now solid rock.

To do list:

Fix Stuttering Audio

P.S. I know I should patch AppleHDA, but I tried once and I got only kernel panic. So I changed patched dsdt.aml with the original pone.

Any help about AppleHDA for Chipset ALC889 would be very nice

Many thanks especially to @Duran Keeley from insanelymacforum. Thanks your 7/24 helps

And thanks to theconnactic for valuable tipps and @mac_carol the information about chameleon bug.

P.S. Sorry for my poor English :)

Edited by YaPaY
  • Like 2

Best regards!

So i now have a Asus Radeon HD 5450 says silent on back hopefully the correct one ddr3 1gb and i boot up to black screen is there a step im missing tried -x -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No im running 10.8.2 or maybe i have brought wrong card lol?

No: you should add the device ID - 0x68F91002 if you bought the right one - to the Info.plist of two kexts, ATI5000Controler.kext and AMDRadeonAcellerator.kext (in this one under the AMDCedarRadeonAccelerator key). Then boot with all the same flags plus -f

Good luck.