HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

Shane has FCPX working with Bronya's RC8 kernel. Since his hardware specs seem to be close to yours, you should perhaps talk with him.

I didn't do anything special lol. Just downloaded it and it opened lol.

I didn't do anything special lol. Just downloaded it and it opened lol.

For sake of being 100% idiot proof, would you mind linking me to the kernel? I can't help but feel like I'm using the wrong one. All I'm able to find on the download page are 10.7.5 and 10.7.4 kernels, it doesn't mention "RC8" anywhere. Am I missing something?

For sake of being 100% idiot proof, would you mind linking me to the kernel? I can't help but feel like I'm using the wrong one. All I'm able to find on the download page are 10.7.5 and 10.7.4 kernels, it doesn't mention "RC8" anywhere. Am I missing something?

This is it here. 10.7.5 kernel,

http://www.mediafire.com/?lz9gow6rw3k6dav

• Like 1

I changed my card to HD5850 and now I'm fighting againist "Resetting IO Catalogs" error. It's like a joke :)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com...yList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1440x900x32</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>npci=0x3000 darkwake=0</string>

</dict>

</plist>

Kernel 10.7.5 R8,

Bootflag: -v -f UseKernelCache=No arch=i386

Deleted many IntelHDGraphics*.kexts and Device ID injected to Radeon kexts according this site: Link

Here is the ss

Edit: [sOLVED] wrong format boot.plist :)

Edited by YaPaY

Thanks again for all your help, now I just wish I had my laptop still running ML. I rolled it back to SL because of the X3100 not working under 64 bit. I couldn't get those hacked drivers to work for me either... Gonna see if I can get a buddy to come over and help me out :)

Also try Clover bootloader :) It had x3100 injection to ML before I used the hacked kext.

I have a working installation of Snow Leopard without having to use any boot flags, but I'm trying to install ML 10.8.0 from retail with AnVs kernel using a myHack install with:

-v amd_kernel -legacy npci=0x2000

Its hanging after a number of drivers fail to load ending with com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI

Thinking about trying iATKOS ML2 with the same kernel, any ideas?

Hello!

Today I finally managed to install Mountain Lion on my AMD PC :

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T

Asus Crosshair IV Extreme

Kingston HyperX 1600MHz 4x2GB

AMD Radeon HD6970

I used MyHack to create a bootable USB, deleted ATI6000.kext (because of the white screen problem), replaced mach_kernel with AnV's kernel, booted with these kernel flags : arch=x86_64 npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No -v, but at the end of the installation a screen pops up : Install Failed! The Installer could not start up the computer from the disk "Macintosh HD" etc.

When I try to reboot and boot from my HDD with the same flags, I can't even manage to get to the verbose mode, system restarts.

What should I do?

• Like 1

Hello!

Today I finally managed to install Mountain Lion on my AMD PC :

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T

Asus Crosshair IV Extreme

Kingston HyperX 1600MHz 4x2GB

AMD Radeon HD6970

I used MyHack to create a bootable USB, deleted ATI6000.kext (because of the white screen problem), replaced mach_kernel with AnV's kernel, booted with these kernel flags : arch=x86_64 npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No -v, but at the end of the installation a screen pops up : Install Failed! The Installer could not start up the computer from the disk "Macintosh HD" etc.

When I try to reboot and boot from my HDD with the same flags, I can't even manage to get to the verbose mode, system restarts.

What should I do?

Before you try to reinstall.. Did you copy the new kernel to your HDD?

As i was saying, start over. Usually the "Installation Failed" message is fake, but it doesn't seem to be quite the case here.

All the best!

Nothing changes, tried to start all over a few times.

Before you try to reinstall.. Did you copy the new kernel to your HDD?

No, I did not. Can you, please, explain how to do it?

Nothing changes, tried to start all over a few times.

No, I did not. Can you, please, explain how to do it?

That will be why its restarting then. Do you have another working install of OS X on your pc?

Lets assume your ML drive is called Mountain Lion and your installer disk is called Myhack Disc

Open installation go to terminal and type this:

rm /Volumes/"Mountain Lion"/mach_kernel

(Removes the bad kernel)

cp /Volumes/"Myhack Disc"/mach_kernel /Volumes/"Mountain Lion"/

(Copies the good kernel to the ssd)

Don't forget the : "'s

It is Case sensitive!

And adjust the names to the names of your drives.

Hope it helps!!

Lets assume your ML drive is called Mountain Lion and your installer disk is called Myhack Disc

Open installation go to terminal and type this:

rm /Volumes/"Mountain Lion"/mach_kernel

(Removes the bad kernel)

cp /Volumes/"Myhack Disc"/mach_kernel /Volumes/"Mountain Lion"/

(Copies the good kernel to the ssd)

Don't forget the : "'s

It is Case sensitive!

And adjust the names to the names of your drives.

Hope it helps!!

Thank you, this worked!!!

Good to hear :)

Have fun

About my progress : I managed to get the Ethernet and Sound card working, but there's still a problem with my graphics card.

Before the installation I deleted the ATI6000Controller.kext, install went well, no problems with that.

After some reading, people suggested to copy the ATI6000Controller.kext back to S/L/E directory on HDD.

After restarting the system and booting with the same flags : arch=x86_64 npci=0x3000 -v, the white screen shows up and there's nothing I can do.

I tried to add GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No, it doesn't change anything,

Is there a modified ATI6000Controller.kext or should I delete some more kexts before the installation?

hmm...

i've found this:http://www.mediafire.com/?9m966bmwe9ib9sw

"native 6970 Package" its made by netkas. It is for Lion but you could try it;)

Instructions:

Just run it, reboot, then press the reset when you get to a white screen and you should see a fully accelerated desktop upon the second reboot.

Good Luck

Dear All,

Deleted all Graphics Kexts except these:

• ATIRadeonX3000GA.plugin

• ATIFramebuffer.kext

• ATIRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle

• ATIRadeonX3000VADriver.bundle

• ATI5000Controller.kext

• ATIRadeonX3000.kext

• ATISupport.kext

I added also Device ID of my card HD5850 into ATi5000controller.kext and ATiReadeonx3000.kext.

I can't boot my my system with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, only works mode is "NO" and with this mod QE/CI and OpenGL acceleration doesn't work.

any idea?

Kernel: 10.7.5 RC10 for AMD