HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I'm thinking about buying logic pro 9 for my lion build.

But logic says it is for intel processors, so will it work with our amd's?

Don't want to waste so much money ;)

(it sounds like a stupid question: will a carwash for small cars work with big cars? But you never know :) and i was hoping to use logic)

It should work fine, if it doesn't, it will be caused by kernel bugs. When Apple says Intel, they use it to differ from PowerPC (yes, some people still use that). :)

Personally, however, I prefer Garageband + Audacity, they work really well together and it's about $175 cheaper.

It should work fine, if it doesn't, it will be caused by kernel bugs. When Apple says Intel, they use it to differ from PowerPC (yes, some people still use that). :)

Hm lets buy it then, someone has to be the first ;) people still use PowerPC? :0

But thanks!

Hm lets buy it then, someone has to be the first ;) people still use PowerPC? :0

But thanks!

You would not be the first: i use logic without issues since the old times of 32-bit only Lion kernels ;). Go for it, if it doesn't not work, the issue would be between the screen and the backboard, if you understand me :P

All the best!

You would not be the first: i use logic without issues since the old times of 32-bit only Lion kernels ;). Go for it, if it doesn't not work, the issue would be between the screen and the backboard, if you understand me :P

All the best!

awww:(

First got message: You can't run logic 9 on this computer ,when trying to start logic.

Then updated to the latest version and now it works :D

• Like 1

You're welcome. Install Lion 10.7.5 (you'll need to buy it from a reseller) using the latest Bronzovka's (a.k.a Bronya) 10.7.5 RC8 kernel. You can find it at the topic here in the forum, kernel database, first post - there's a link for a list of kernels.

I may not be using the correct kernel. I'm up and running on 10.7.5 with full graphics acceleration and no corruption. Only issue I'm having at this point is iCloud & AppStore sign in, and the fact that Final Cut Pro just bounces in my dock when I try to launch it. It never quits out or gives me any errors, it just sits there and bounces into eternity hahaha...

...any suggestions...? Thanks again for your help.

Hi!

App Store needs a flag in Chameleon, EthernetBuiltIn=Yes, and your ethernet driver to be working correctly. Double check this. About iCloud, it needs a specific workaround which depends upon you having a real Mac or working Intel hack available to create the user account: see in this AMD section the topic about it.

About Final Cut, i have it working on my hack since the old Lion 32-bit only (these days even the stock Finder wouldn't work, so we used to need a Finder replacement). Did you try to: 1) update it with Software Update or 2) migrate it from your old system connecting your disk via USB and using Migration Assistant (under Applications/Utilities) or even 3) reinstalling it? Conversely, you can try to open it in 32-bit, right clicking on the app, selecting Get Info and checking 32-bit. If none of these fixes work, you can try to go to Applications folder, click on Final Cut with the right mouse button, select show package contents and search for any plugin related to MMX. If you find it, don't erase it: just change the extension to .dis so you can recover it later.

All the best!

Hi!

App Store needs a flag in Chameleon, EthernetBuiltIn=Yes, and your ethernet driver to be working correctly. Double check this. About iCloud, it needs a specific workaround which depends upon you having a real Mac or working Intel hack available to create the user account: see in this AMD section the topic about it.

About Final Cut, i have it working on my hack since the old Lion 32-bit only (these days even the stock Finder wouldn't work, so we used to need a Finder replacement). Did you try to: 1) update it with Software Update or 2) migrate it from your old system connecting your disk via USB and using Migration Assistant (under Applications/Utilities) or even 3) reinstalling it? Conversely, you can try to open it in 32-bit, right clicking on the app, selecting Get Info and checking 32-bit. If none of these fixes work, you can try to go to Applications folder, click on Final Cut with the right mouse button, select show package contents and search for any plugin related to MMX. If you find it, don't erase it: just change the extension to .dis so you can recover it later.

All the best!

Update: So I tried all of Bronzovka's kernels, and they work perfectly for everything else besides FCPX. Like I said before, it bounces in the dock forever and nothing else happens. I tried removing and reinstalling, as well as running it from my other disk. When I tried Shane's kernel, FCPX would finally load and run properly, but that had me back to having graphical artifacts in Chrome on pages such as YouTube and this forum. I switched back to Bronzovka's kernels, and FCPX won't load again. I have no idea what to try next. I'm not as worried about iCloud and the AppStore as I am about FCPX. This will all have been for nothing if I have to boot into SL every time I need to do some editing :(

I have ML 10.8.2 on my AMD laptop. Specification

AMD Phenom II n830 Triple core

2 GB DDR3 Ram

Ati Radeon 5470M 512 MB

The problem is sound, UI, and videos have lag. But if i move mouse no lag. I have tried voodootscsyncamd.kext but i doesn't work(the kest is loaded)

So what should i do? Thanks

• Like 1

Update: So I tried all of Bronzovka's kernels, and they work perfectly for everything else besides FCPX. Like I said before, it bounces in the dock forever and nothing else happens. I tried removing and reinstalling, as well as running it from my other disk. When I tried Shane's kernel, FCPX would finally load and run properly, but that had me back to having graphical artifacts in Chrome on pages such as YouTube and this forum. I switched back to Bronzovka's kernels, and FCPX won't load again. I have no idea what to try next. I'm not as worried about iCloud and the AppStore as I am about FCPX. This will all have been for nothing if I have to boot into SL every time I need to do some editing :(

Check out this link: http://fcpx.tv/troubleshooting.html

If none of the fixes works, i'm afraid my arsenal is over :( Sorry, dude.

2 GB DDR3 Ram

Ati Radeon 5470M 512 MB

The problem is sound, UI, and videos have lag. But if i move mouse no lag. I have tried voodootscsyncamd.kext but i doesn't work(the kest is loaded)

Moved to the help topic. Did you try adding the correct buratio of your CPU to the bootflags, like busratio=n? If this doesn't work, try

voodootscsync.kext

: google for a download link and try it.

Ok, I'll keep at it and see if I can figure it out. Thanks.

I already have EthernetBuiltIn=Yes and a working ethernet card installed, wonder what's causing my AppStore woes... :( I have an Intel hack and I set up my iCloud on it previously using Mountain Lion. I'll look into that workaround.

When I tried Shane's kernel, FCPX would finally load and run properly, but that had me back to having graphical artifacts in Chrome on pages such as YouTube and this forum.

for chrome:

try to run either one of these commands via terminal

/Applications/Google\ Chrome.app/Contents/MacOS/Google\ Chrome --disable-accelerated-compositing
/Applications/Google\ Chrome.app/Contents/MacOS/Google\ Chrome --blacklist-accelerated-compositing

2 GB DDR3 Ram

Ati Radeon 5470M 512 MB

- try to disable BIOS' AMD Cool N' Quiet & C1E

- if you're using any power management kext (i.e. voodoopower/voodoopstate), either try to set the pstate-min=0 or completely remove it

- try to remove any Laptop battery kext, if you're using it

- if you're using sleepenabler kext, either try to boot with: pmVersion=0 or completely remove it

- if you're using voodoohda, try to enable the SSE2 each time you reboot the osx

btw, does the QE/Ci work on your 5470M without any issues (i.e. glitches, artifacts, red pixels, etc) ?

• Like 1

for chrome:

try to run either one of these commands via terminal

/Applications/Google\ Chrome.app/Contents/MacOS/Google\ Chrome --disable-accelerated-compositing
/Applications/Google\ Chrome.app/Contents/MacOS/Google\ Chrome --blacklist-accelerated-compositing

So this works, but only until I quit Chrome. Then it doesn't work anymore. Any way to make this permanent?

• Like 1

Moved to the help topic. Did you try adding the correct buratio of your CPU to the bootflags, like busratio=n? If this doesn't work, try

voodootscsync.kext

: google for a download link and try it.

obviously i have added busratio and install kext voodootscsyncamd.kext but it doesn't change anything

you have to run those command each time you want to run the chrome

or make a simple bash script and put it into the /Applications/Google\ Chrome.app/Contents/MacOS/ directory

http://apple.stackex...cut-in-the-dock

I think running Safari in 32-bit mode has solved the graphic corruption problem for me. Fixed AppStore as well... Now on to iCloud...

• Like 1

I think running Safari in 32-bit mode has solved the graphic corruption problem for me. Fixed AppStore as well... Now on to iCloud...

Congrats to have solved it all by yourself! :) Even pointing a solution for other users also plagued by this.

For the iCloud workaround, i recommend you create a "dummy user" on your Mac/Intel hack so you don't have to transfer huge amounts of files and so. Set iCloud for the user, set up Facetime too, then transfer.

All the best.

• Like 1

Thanks again for all your help, now I just wish I had my laptop still running ML. I rolled it back to SL because of the X3100 not working under 64 bit. I couldn't get those hacked drivers to work for me either... Gonna see if I can get a buddy to come over and help me out :)

Thanks again for all your help, now I just wish I had my laptop still running ML. I rolled it back to SL because of the X3100 not working under 64 bit. I couldn't get those hacked drivers to work for me either... Gonna see if I can get a buddy to come over and help me out :)

this guy run the osx Lion on his Intel laptop (no ssse3) with 32-bit 11.0.0 vanilla kernel

Bildschirmfoto_2011_07_22_um_13_16_40.png

Can you show me where is the link. I've not found it.

Facepalm3.jpg

Can you show me where is the link. I've not found it.

Unci, these below:

- try to disable BIOS' AMD Cool N' Quiet & C1E

- if you're using any power management kext (i.e. voodoopower/voodoopstate), either try to set the pstate-min=0 or completely remove it

- try to remove any Laptop battery kext, if you're using it

- if you're using sleepenabler kext, either try to boot with: pmVersion=0 or completely remove it

- if you're using voodoohda, try to enable the SSE2 each time you reboot the osx

btw, does the QE/Ci work on your 5470M without any issues (i.e. glitches, artifacts, red pixels, etc) ?

P.S.: Carol, hahahahaha!

this guy run the osx Lion on his Intel laptop (no ssse3) with 32-bit 11.0.0 vanilla kernel

Bildschirmfoto_2011_07_22_um_13_16_40.png

I had Lion working fine, but I was getting random freezes about two mins into every boot that had no logical cause, so I just rolled back to Snow Leopard. If I could boot Mountain Lion in 32 bit I would be good to go.