ML 10.8 Sleep and Cold boot and a few other issues.

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

Due to some work for iPad apps for my clients my developer has advised me to use ML or Lion on my laptop so that I can check if the apps are working properly, Now I have Lion 10.7.4 and ML 10.8 installed .

Lion 10.7.4 sleep works perfectly using Universal sleep kext from osx86 but the same on ML works badly , I can get ML to sleep without any trouble but when I wake it up I get the Desktop and just the mouse can be moved around and the keyboard is working but I cannot do anything else, sometimes I can just see half of the login screen but cannot do anything.

The other issue is when after shutdown I cannot power up the laptop , so I need to remove the battery and reinsert it to start the laptop.

PLEASE NOTE THERE IS A SIMILAR POST UNDER LION POST-INSTALLATION but this is for ML.

All of my hardware is working perfectly except USB 3.0 (Renesas) and the sleep and cold boot.

I AM NOT USING ANYTHING FROM ###### OR ###### BOTH LION AND ML INSTALLATIONS WERE DONE USING MYHACK 3.1.2.

Another issue is I need to use UseKernelCache=No in the boot flag in ML else i get the dreaded "Still waiting for root device" error. I had solved this problem from a post on this forum but as I have not been frequent on this forum lately and had shifted back to my Linux/W7 I have lost / forgotten what that patch was.

Ok almost forgot to mention this but I have noticed continuos HDD activity , so I did stop spotlight and mds from getting started but still the problem persists and Activity Monitor does not show mdworker or mds running.

All help appreciated Thnx.

sleep:Proper combination for sleep is:

1) patched HPET, TIMR, RTC, PIC sections

2) patched EHCI/UHCI sections

3) patched AppleLPC kext to match chipset id

4) removed NullCPUPowerManagement,

5) patched AppleRTC kext to solve CMOS reset after sleep

1) patched HPET, TIMR, RTC, PIC sections

2) patched EHCI/UHCI sections

3) patched AppleLPC kext to match chipset id

4) removed NullCPUPowerManagement,

5) patched AppleRTC kext to solve CMOS reset after sleep

ouch sorry did not understand this. i have my dsdt and ssdt's . can you help me with what you have suggested ?