Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3572 replies to this topic

TimeWalker75a

TimeWalker75a

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 1,249 posts

It is hard coded for sakes of testing, as I've said already. I've purposely replaced every B1B4 and L1L4 conversions with hardcoded strings to see if it ends up working. But I fail to see how this is possible that it is reporting current state as capacity of warning.. unless it reads the values from SBFC and dividing it by 0x14 ends up lower as the actual current capacity reported from _BST.. 

This Lenovo unit is a mess :S

Can you jump to IRC for live chit chat ? 

/join irc.nspwn.com

/query timewalker

tluck

tluck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

ok. we have another break through of sorts. on top of the shutdown hang mixup,  a further rewrite of the DSDT by TimeWalker75a has provided a way to eliminate the ACPIPlatform rollback - so we can have one less custom kext to deal with.

Note: Rehabman updated and renamed AppleSmartBatteryManager to ACPIBatteryManager.kext so it does not conflict with the native one. anyway ... Huge thanks to Timewalker75a on helping making the T420 practically a perfect Hack!

will repackage and post ASAP with new DSDT so hang on and wait if you have not upgraded to the bundle from yesterday.

FakeSMC + Plugins

VoodooPS2

ACPIBatteryManager

$ kextstat |grep -v apple
Index Refs Address            Size       Wired      Name (Version) <Linked Against>
   16    2 0xffffff7f8119f000 0x16000    0x16000    org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC (873) <9 7 5 4 3 1>
   17    0 0xffffff7f811b5000 0x4000     0x4000     org.hwsensors.driver.CPUSensors (873) <16 7 5 4 3>
   30    2 0xffffff7f80811000 0xe000     0xe000     org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller (1.8.8) <9 7 5 4 3 1>
   32    0 0xffffff7f811bc000 0x6000     0x6000     org.hwsensors.driver.ACPISensors (873) <16 9 7 5 4 3>
   35    0 0xffffff7f81d14000 0x6000     0x6000     org.rehabman.driver.AppleSmartBatteryManager (1.40) <9 4 3>
   38    0 0xffffff7f80e72000 0x19000    0x19000    com.insanelymac.driver.AppleIntelE1000e (2.4.14) <37 10 5 4 3 1>
   52    0 0xffffff7f80834000 0x5000     0x5000     org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard (1.8.8) <30 28 7 6 5 4 3 1>
   53    0 0xffffff7f8081f000 0xb000     0xb000     org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Trackpad (1.8.8) <30 28 7 6 5 4 3 1>

TimeWalker75a

TimeWalker75a

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 1,249 posts

Glad you have sorted it out. So, is the shutdown working?

Tetonne

Tetonne

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts
my config with edid ID with  DisplayVendorID-6af for tluck next pack
my kexts and dsdt are the one provided by tluck

huge thanks to TimeWalker75a  last post
s
and obviously to tluck who was there to take TimeWalker75a advices

Attached Files

tluck

tluck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,806 posts

limited testing so far points toward goodness on dsdt shutdown fix. seems very consistent when i only have 1 disk.

but i have an esata and usb3 PCI express. And these extra disks seem to introduce same old random problem.

TimeWalker75a

TimeWalker75a

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 1,249 posts

limited testing so far points toward goodness on dsdt shutdown fix.

Good to know, hope it's fixed for good!

What is the custom ssdt that you were referring to in Clover's thread that gives you more P-States on your i5? I'm wondering because I'm not really happy about how things are on my i3.. I get 8 11 15 19 and 22 (whilst the highest one should be 23, really). Care to share what was the origin of that ssdt or just the table itself?

tluck

tluck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,806 posts

verleihnix was the one who created the ssdt.aml table. I recall he may have used revo girls ssdtPRgen script? the ssdt.aml is in the clover bundle i posted in             #397            .

tluck

tluck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,806 posts

just posted Clover b2165 for T420 at post #397

Update 29-Sep-2013

• Revised DSDT (again!)
    • for Shutdown hang (thanks to TimeWalker75a)
    • for native AppleACPIPlatform kext - no need to rollback or patch this kext - use unmodified v1.8 from 10.8.5
  • Updated Clover to b2165
    • minor tweaks/refinements to config.plist (e.g. dont think darkwake is needed anymore)
    • has 2 OEM configs - 1 for high-res and 1 for low-res
    • Note: recommend use of ssdt.aml if it fits your cpu - seems to get a bit more out turbo mode (get 32x at times instead of 30x with just Clover Generate P/C states)
  • Updated FakeSMC
    • includes modified ACPI/Plugin Info.plist to remove DISABLED features so FAN speed shows up in HWMonitor (with stock AppleACPIPlatform.kext ) 

Attached Files

verleihnix

verleihnix

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

verhleinix was the one who created the ssdt.aml table. I recall he may have used revo girls ssdtPRgen script? the ssdt.aml is in the clover bundle i posted in             #397            .

Hi tluck,

the script is based on RevoGirl's script modified for i-core mobile processors found at tony's side.

Attached Files

tluck

tluck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,806 posts

Update - if you downloaded the zip bundle before now.... please redo it! I found a mistake in the DSDT.

(re-)posted Clover b2165 for T420 at post #397

Update 30-Sep-2013

• Revised DSDT (again!)
    • for native AppleACPIPlatform kext - no need to rollback or patch this kext - use unmodified v1.8 from 10.8.5
  • Updated Clover to b2165
    • minor tweaks/refinements to config.plist (e.g. dont think darkwake is needed anymore)
    • Note: recommend use of ssdt.aml if it fits your cpu - seems to get a bit more out turbo mode (get 32x at times instead of 30x with just Clover Generate P/C states)
  • Updated FakeSMC
    • includes modified ACPI/Plugin Info.plist to remove DISABLED features so FAN speed shows up in HWMonitor (with stock AppleACPIPlatform.kext ) 

tluck

tluck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,806 posts

@Tetonne - hmm - sorry - what was the error? 

not really much change from before?

tluck

tluck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,806 posts

@Tetonne - which pack works. was the one i uploaded on sunday?

tluck

tluck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,806 posts

@Tetonne

well i am not sure what broke?!

I dont see FakeSMC in newer boot logs??? this must not be installed right?

1) was it the new dsdt.aml ?

2) was it the new kexts?  maybe issue as DSMOS doesn't arrive?

3) was it new clover 2133 -> 2165 ?

may you can replace each item - 1 at time on working configuration?

tluck

tluck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,806 posts

Updated posted Clover b2184 for T420 at post #397

• Clover
  • Revised DSDT
    • for native ACPIPlatform kext - no need to rollback or patch AppleACPIPlatform.kext - can use unmodified v1.8 from 10.8.5 (see notes below)
  • Kexts
    • ​Updated AppleIntelE1000e.kext
    • Updated ACPIBatterManager v1.40 
    • Updated FakeSMC
      • includes modified ACPI/Plugin Info.plist to remove DISABLED features so FAN speed shows up in HWMonitor (with stock AppleACPIPlatform.kext) 

ACPI Notes:

You can remove any patched/rollback AppleACPIPlatform.kext now if you like... but you may want to keep it depending on your preference based on comments below. I am still looking into this issue of course.... not sure if the problem is with the new kext or a dsdt issue.

• the new DSDT conforms (more) to the native unmodified kexts ACPI spec... so dont have to replace the AppleACPIPlatform.kext. 
  • native AppleACPIPlatform.kext v1.8 (10.8.5) works but seems to have some issues with Power button lights after wake.
  • native AppleACPIPlatform.kext v1.7 (10.8.4) works too - but does not wake as well when you have external eSATA/USB drives. But good news as the v1.7 does not seem to have power light issue.

If you choose not to upgrade to 10.8.5, this new DSDT and the kexts will work in 10.8.4 (or older.) 

Tetonne

Tetonne

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

the last pack (T420-UEFI-Clover-b2184_10.8.5 ) works now :)

the guilty kext was AppleACPIPlatform.kext 10.8.5 so i use AppleACPIPlatform.kext 10.8.4

I deleted my previous posts to make the thread clearer

Thanks again for this great stuff

tluck

tluck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,806 posts

@Tetonne

glad you got it working - you are welcome - et merci pour testing et feedback.

yeah, i am bit suspicious of the 10.8.5 v1.8 AppleACPIPlatform.kext myself and may rollback to the previous rev 1.7.  

EDIT: even with the slow blinking light problem after wake-up, v1.8 AppleACPIPlatform seems to be more reliable for me. doesn't  hang up (yet?) like it 1.7 did from time to time - with the fast flashing light when going to sleep and never waking up! 

IMO, 10.8.5 with new 8-bit changes in the DSDT overall has made it work better than ever.

Tetonne

Tetonne

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Did someone have a working pack for T420 on 10.6.x?

Sheep_Reaper

Sheep_Reaper

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

@All

Haven't been on in a while. Life, you know...

You guys have made outstanding progress in the few weeks I haven't checked in. In the coming days, I will try to catch up with you 420 guys. Gendalo hasn't been on in a while, so I think I'll be on my own for a little while. And I see Kogen hasn't been on in a while either. I was going to ask if he could add "/430" to the thread title or maybe a mod could do it. I want to attract more 430 users to this thread. I really don't want to break it out into its own thread because the hardware is so similar and you guys have provided (although inadvertently) all the info needed to get this working for us 430 guys.

Just want to reiterate my appreciation for all of your work. This is really the only solid, worthwhile 430 hack resource.

Tetonne

Tetonne

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Apple OS X Mavericks (GM) out today

Hope to ear some good news about it on our T420 soon :)

http://osxdaily.com/...-install-drive/

tluck

tluck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,806 posts

In the meantime before Mavericks is GA....

2 things addressed in the post  #397  for 10.8.5 and T420

1. There was an patch for 10.8.5 (v 12F45) today. I downloaded with App Store and update no problem ... other than it replaced AppleHDA and Bluetooth stuff. So you will need to replace those items! (latest kexts are in the zip)
  2. I added some code in the DSDT to fix the LED issue I had upon wake up. That is where the LED keeps pulsing as if it was still asleep and the moon on the lid stayed on too. now it just resets them to power light steady on and moon off.  so now i am much happier with 10.8.5 ACPI. 

Update 4-Oct-2013

• Revised DSDT
    • for native ACPIPlatform kext - no need to rollback or patch AppleACPIPlatform.kext - can use unmodified v1.8 from 10.8.5 (see notes below).
    • made a change/fix to reset LEDs upon wakeup.
  • Updated Clover to b2165 b2184
  • Updated AppleIntelE1000e.kext
  • Updated FakeSMC
  • Updated VoodooPS2Controller
  • Added Patched AICPUPM kext for Chameleon compatibility.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: UEFI, ThinkPad, T420, Lenovo, Clover

Topic Stats Last Post Info

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy