Lenovo ThinkPad T420 with UEFI Only

K0gen

5,271 posts in this topic

Hello guys, I'm kinda new in hackintosh, and now I'm half-way through on hackintoshing my T420, the problem is when I boot up to clover to install MacOS High Sierra for the first time, it shows an Apple Logo and a loading bar below, and then when the loading bar reaches 70% it vanishes and the screen turns to completely black and empty.. need help. thanks, I also noticed that I cant boot windows 10 when Im on ACHI, but on compatibility it works fine.(is this normal?), thanks again. I got  a T420 i52540m NO nvidia, 1366X768 screen

Edited by senshi.kasei

Hello guys, I'm kinda new in hackintosh, and now I'm half-way through on hackintoshing my T420, the problem is when I boot up to clover to install MacOS High Sierra for the first time, it shows an Apple Logo and a loading bar below, and then when the loading bar reaches 70% it vanishes and the screen turns to completely black and empty.. need help. thanks, I also noticed that I cant boot windows 10 when Im on ACHI, but on compatibility it works fine.(is this normal?), thanks again. I got  a T420 i52540m NO nvidia, 1366X768 screen
Well try to remove other screen resolution in comfig.plist and set only one to 1366x768 which is your mative solution. Clover may boot in 1024x768 depends on t420 bios and dont worry while the gui installation starts, it will go to 1366x768

通过我的 MI 8 上的 Tapatalk发言

2 minutes ago, EngLearnsh said:

Well try to remove other screen resolution in comfig.plist and set only one to 1366x768 which is your mative solution. Clover may boot in 1024x768 depends on t420 bios and dont worry while the gui installation starts, it will go to 1366x768

通过我的 MI 8 上的 Tapatalk发言

how do I set it to 1366x768? srry really never done this before.. there's 3 plists, a config.1600x900.2e2.plist and config.1600x900.366.plist and a config.plist, do I simple rename them? help thanks.

how do I set it to 1366x768? srry really never done this before.. there's 3 plists, a config.1600x900.2e2.plist and config.1600x900.366.plist and a config.plist, do I simple rename them? help thanks.
keep these config originally. open config.plist and find there are "screenresolution""screenresolution-alt1""screenresolution-alt2", remove alt1 and alt2 then rename 960x600 to 1366x768

通过我的 MI 8 上的 Tapatalk发言

It works on my x220, if there's something else blocking the gui installation, maybe you need to check the data's integrity?

通过我的 MI 8 上的 Tapatalk发言

42 minutes ago, EngLearnsh said:

keep these config originally. open config.plist and find there are "screenresolution""screenresolution-alt1""screenresolution-alt2", remove alt1 and alt2 then rename 960x600 to 1366x768

通过我的 MI 8 上的 Tapatalk发言

It works on my x220, if there's something else blocking the gui installation, maybe you need to check the data's integrity?

通过我的 MI 8 上的 Tapatalk发言

can I install the macos on an NTFS formatted SSD? cause when i try to format the ssd to become a MacOS Extended Filesystem its failing.. If I cant install it on ntfs formatted, what other choice do I have? 

can I install the macos on an NTFS formatted SSD? cause when i try to format the ssd to become a MacOS Extended Filesystem its failing.. If I cant install it on ntfs formatted, what other choice do I have? 
maybe your esp partition is less than 200mb? apple disk utility will fail in that case.

通过我的 MI 8 上的 Tapatalk发言

22 hours ago, tluck said:

@SuperReaperi am not sure i understand... so does this config.plist works for you to boot with later clover? 

Sorry, I type wrong, what I mean is I can boot into hackintosh without dsdt or use bios dsdt in clover config with any version of clover, but wifi or any function patch in dsdt can't recognize! And with your dsdt I can only boot with clover v2.4 r4513 or lower!

On 8/16/2018 at 7:16 AM, SuperReaper said:

Sorry, I type wrong, what I mean is I can boot into hackintosh without dsdt or use bios dsdt in clover config with any version of clover, but wifi or any function patch in dsdt can't recognize! And with your dsdt I can only boot with clover v2.4 r4513 or lower!

So it seems that the later version of clover is changing something (by edit/patching) the DSDT which breaks something on your system. since the SAME DSDT.aml works for 4513. 

did you test with config.nopatch.plist?  which makes no changes to the DSDT.

11 hours ago, tluck said:

So it seems that the later version of clover is changing something (by edit/patching) the DSDT which breaks something on your system. since the SAME DSDT.aml works for 4513. 

did you test with config.nopatch.plist?  which makes no changes to the DSDT.

yes, It's ok, but in verbose mode it show a lot of error although it can still boot into the os.

Initially I thought config.1600x900.2e2.plist had made a improvement in resolving display glitches, but unfortunately it has not. It's a bit of a game stopper for me as I watch quite a lot of Youtuve videos which are badly affected by them. It appear to make no difference whether its Flash or HTML5, both have glitchy lines going across the video.

Sometimes there's a single line, somtimes multiple lines and sometimes none. The same laptop runs Windows 10 and Linux without any such issues. I've attached an example from a video I was watching.

Screenshot_2018-08-18 (45) C64 Breadbin Black Screen Repair ASSY 250407 - YouTube.png

Initially I thought config.1600x900.2e2.plist had made a improvement in resolving display glitches, but unfortunately it has not. It's a bit of a game stopper for me as I watch quite a lot of Youtuve videos which are badly affected by them. It appear to make no difference whether its Flash or HTML5, both have glitchy lines going across the video.

Sometimes there's a single line, somtimes multiple lines and sometimes none. The same laptop runs Windows 10 and Linux without any such issues. I've attached an example from a video I was watching.
906198919_Screenshot_2018-08-18(45)C64BreadbinBlackScreenRepairASSY250407-YouTube.png.276be11cefe6a63738ebaaa9f3d3254a.png
It is a clover bug, we cannot do anything except adding slide=0 to reduce them or downgrade to 10.11.3. Even Rehabman says it is normally to have artifacts on hd3000:(

通过我的 MI 8 上的 Tapatalk发言

8 hours ago, EngLearnsh said:

It is a clover bug, we cannot do anything except adding slide=0 to reduce them or downgrade to 10.11.3. Even Rehabman says it is normally to have artifacts on hd3000:(

通过我的 MI 8 上的 Tapatalk发言

It's a shame really, as I like MacOS, but this seriously detracts from the pleasure of using it. maybe it's time for a change of laptop to something that doesn't have HD3000?

It's a shame really, as I like MacOS, but this seriously detracts from the pleasure of using it. maybe it's time for a change of laptop to something that doesn't have HD3000?
Rehabman says that hd4000 or above does not have artifacts, but for some situations i still need to continue using my x220, I have been searching for the solution after 10.12 and no luck

通过我的 MI 8 上的 Tapatalk发言

1 hour ago, senshi.kasei said:

guys help I cant install the 1.46 modded bios... while installing it windowss 10 goes blue screen saying windows ran into some problemms with sad face, then reboots.... helpp

I got the same problem on windows 10 v1803, I think u should down grade version of windows or install modded bios on windows 7

Guys help, still I cant make the wifi working, I got this DW1502 WIFI CARD, I replaced the stock intel card one with this, then... I booted on the MacOS still no wifi, nothing new appears on the network preferences still the PCI thing and ethernet both red.. help Im desperate hehe I put too much effort to this and I'm not gonna stop till I get this working hope someone could help me thanks

10 hours ago, EngLearnsh said:

Rehabman says that hd4000 or above does not have artifacts, but for some situations i still need to continue using my x220, I have been searching for the solution after 10.12 and no luck

通过我的 MI 8 上的 Tapatalk发言

I have 2 T420 1600x900 systems. One has 16GB total matched memory chips with replacement LG LCD - no glitches. The other one has 2 mismatched speed/maker memory chips 8GB total and AUO LCD and this one gets glitches. For a long time no glitches - from 10.8.x to 10.12.x. But 10.13.0-10.13 was bad - very glitchy, 10.13.4+ looked better. Mojave with HighSierra or Sierra HD3000 kexts seems to be the same as before. 

No good fix ever found. the EDID injection helps but isn't perfect.  For me, when the T460 gets cheap, i may go (back) to that model. but there are plenty of options with newer gfx than HD3000.

Guys help, still I cant make the wifi working, I got this DW1502 WIFI CARD, I replaced the stock intel card one with this, then... I booted on the MacOS still no wifi, nothing new appears on the network preferences still the PCI thing and ethernet both red.. help Im desperate hehe I put too much effort to this and I'm not gonna stop till I get this working hope someone could help me thanks
rehabman has kexts that will make unauthorized bcm wifi card work. check his bitbucket

通过我的 MI 8 上的 Tapatalk发言

I have 2 T420 1600x900 systems. One has 16GB total matched memory chips with replacement LG LCD - no glitches. The other one has 2 mismatched speed/maker memory chips 8GB total and AUO LCD and this one gets glitches. For a long time no glitches - from 10.8.x to 10.12.x. But 10.13.0-10.13 was bad - very glitchy, 10.13.4+ looked better. Mojave with HighSierra or Sierra HD3000 kexts seems to be the same as before. 
No good fix ever found. the EDID injection helps but isn't perfect.  For me, when the T460 gets cheap, i may go (back) to that model. but there are plenty of options with newer gfx than HD3000.
I have x220 with i5, 4GB ram, AUO TN display originally, I install 10.13 in June and it is terrible of glitches and freezing. This summer, i replace 4GB ram to 8GB(1 stick) and replace au to lg ips display. It seems way way better but still some glitches and freezing occures. I search on google and someone says that freezing is caused by mismatch between framebuffer and physical ports, so I add snb-platform-id to my dsdt and so far there is no freezing(dont know if it is really the solution, no idea) Maybe I nned to buy another 8GB memory stick to get 16GB ram totally. Just a guess:) Also I use the same method to inject edid into dsdt

通过我的 MI 8 上的 Tapatalk发言