Lenovo ThinkPad T420 with UEFI Only

K0gen

5,271 posts in this topic

Updated the zip with Michael Belyaev's latest addition for VoodooPS2Trackpad and smooth scrolling in Sierra.

So TrackPad PrefPane and Accessibility/TrackPad for drag is working and not jittery/jump when scrolling in browsers.

3 finger swipe back and forth is working nicely too.

Thanks for the update tluck.

I confirm the trackpad scrolling is smooth now. However swipes and gestures other 2 finger right click does not work.

On top of that after installing the new package and rebooting I got the below screen. Powering off and on solved it for now, but I'm still worried.

post-1647866-0-99110500-1478551730_thumb.jpg

What does this error mean?

Thank you.

I interpret it to mean macOS has random bugs and is not as stable as El Capitan.

usr-sse2 added capslock fix.

did you check it?

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/commits/69f6c413364d95861afd53e4772be329b1ab0c07

capslocks finally get work

thanks to usr-sse2

VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext.zip

• Like 1

Got my new 9 cell battery recently, and I've been getting 3 hours of battery life with it. It's a huge improvement over my last battery, but it is still far from the 9hrs the battery was supposed to give according to other forums.

Is this normal, or is there really something wrong about battery usage?

If it is of any use, I changed my WiFi card for a Broadcom one and am sporting double drives (ssd+hdd) with no DVD drive.

Hi tluck,

I can also confirm that caps lock works well. Thanks for the update.

What does not work for me at all are the touchpad gestures, except the double finger tap right-click. Is there a method to find out the root cause behind this?

Thank you.

@cyndonia - how long you can work on battery depends on what processes are running. are you using a custom SSDT - created by the script in the zip? that may help?

@Somez - there are just few gestures available

2 finger scroll - obvious

on the more gestures page in the pref pane

Mission Control and App Expose - 3 finger swipe up/down - these actions are mapped to control up/down arrow - then you need to check if you have up/down arrow mapped for Mission Control and Application Windows in the Mission Control PrefPane instead of F9 F10

Swipe between full-screen app - 3 finger swipe left/right - I mapped the action to command [ and command ] instead of control left/right arrow. this will give you back/forward in app windows such as safari.  i changed this from default map - which is space or full screen app switching back and forth. you can change this in the Info.plist by removing the T420 swipe maps.

TrackPoint users:

Please try this VoodooPS2Contoller kext to test for TrackPoint scrolling without all the clicks. Seems to work for me in Safari etc. if it looks good for folks, i will add to the zip file.

@tluck, just installed it. Working perfectly. I will test a little more and report back. Thanks for the file.

• Like 1

Is the WWAN F5521gw working on Sierra? On 10.11.6 not, even if I modify the CellPhoneHelper.kext :/

I got it working in 10.10.5 but haven't been able to get it working on Sierra. I never updated to El Capitan. It seems the way usb ports are handled has been changed since El Capitan and that you should use USB injector kext and do some DSDT patching. There's more info here:

http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/6556-using-ericsson-f5521gw-hp-hs2340-hspa-dell-dw5550-in-os-x/

and here:

http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/9275-problems-with-ericsson-f5521gw-under-10116/

It seems it's possible to get it working, I haven't had time to give it a try, I actually got Sierra kind of working with minor issues on a external HD and haven't check it again in weeks since I'm still using Yosemite on my X220.

I hope it helps, let me know if you make any progress. 

I updated the Zip with a new VoodooPS2Controller kext that will help with TrackPoint scrolling. if MiddleMouseScroll is set to true - then the middle button (cut/paste) is ignored. So it means middle button is just for Scrolling with TrackPoint in this mode.

• Like 1

you can install it. It will update the /EFI/APPLE folder with stuff - it won't do anything bad since there isn't an actual SMC chip to get upgraded. the good is it will quiet the notices etc.

tluck@Toms-Mac /Volumes/ESP/EFI/APPLE
$ ls -l
total 2
drwxrwxrwx  1 tluck  staff  512 Aug 15 10:55 EXTENSIONS
drwxrwxrwx  1 tluck  staff  512 Nov 11 00:35 FIRMWARE

you can install it. It will update the /EFI/APPLE folder with stuff - it won't do anything bad since there isn't an actual SMC chip to get upgraded. the good is it will quiet the notices etc.

tluck@Toms-Mac /Volumes/ESP/EFI/APPLE
$ ls -l
total 2
drwxrwxrwx  1 tluck  staff  512 Aug 15 10:55 EXTENSIONS
drwxrwxrwx  1 tluck  staff  512 Nov 11 00:35 FIRMWARE

Awesome, thanks!

I'm a little gunshy when it comes to updates (especially when everything is working).  I remember completely wrecking my Lenovo U530-Touch hack not to long ago after an update.  :lol:

@Espamac - does your system (X220?) have USB3 ports? or non-intel USB ports? if not, otherwise El Cap and Sierra should be fine on it?

@tluck my x220 has one usb3 port (which I never managed to get working under Yosemite) and, as far as I know, no non-intel ports. I have to play more with Sierra, though not being able to use the WWAN module is a big disadvantage for me. Thanks.

@tluck

Hi, testing new voodoops2controller you make great job, almost perfect for me but in voodoops2 there is no touchpad side scroll function.

Also can someone upload original sierra touchpad prefpanel?